GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of credible information means stories are changing?

Lack of credible information means stories are changing?

That's what I'm thinking.
Jorelys's friends gave a time last seen of 3:45. Mother says 5 pm.

WXIA local news broadcast...

- search continues at this hour (at midnight!), first time detectives have been out this late searching
- investigators say they consider everyone a person of interest
- authorities say they found 4 white Coke cans, 2 empty cans, 2 full cans, behind one of the buildings at the apartment complex. being tested right now
- crime scene techs out at her home, going through family's van and removing a number of items, no word on whether it's standard procedure or possible evidence
- everyone is a person of interest, no one ruled out, no one ruled in either
- multiple agencies involved, tracking dogs
- lack of credible information received
- mother declining interviews saying she and family simply want to wait at home hoping she has been found safe
- Sheriff's office has $5000 reward, could rise the longer this goes unsolved

Thank God someone else was watching the late news with me! I couldn't find anything in print regarding the Coke cans or the van inspection and was starting the think I was having auditory news hallucinations. :crazy:

Thank you Peachy and Magdalyn for updating us from your local news. None of this stuff is updating on their pages.

ETA- Jinx Magdalyn!!

It almost sounds like they waited until it GOT dark to call police? I also wonder about the children playing/babysitter.... were they told not to come inside?
Very fishy
~jmo

just for the record Lake Arrowhead is PRIVATE gated community with a guard house to enter... so unless someone worked there it's unlikely she'd end up there.
Surely there are cameras at the entrance...

Thank God someone else was watching the late news with me! I couldn't find anything in print regarding the Coke cans or the van inspection and was starting the think I was having auditory news hallucinations. :crazy:

I'm glad you were watching too! :)
I was afraid I was going to miss something because they were talking so fast.

Thank you Peachy and Magdalyn for updating us from your local news. None of this stuff is updating on their pages.

ETA- Jinx Magdalyn!!

YW!
The lack of updates online is driving me crazy. At least the local news broadcasts are giving information, so I guess I shouldn't complain. It could be worse.

That's what I'm thinking.
Jorelys's friends gave a time last seen of 3:45. Mother says 5 pm.

Huh. Kinda makes a person wonder what the 'sitter' said exactly about the time last seen, and if her answer was influenced.

Also, I need to go check out what time J's elementary school lets out. Cherokee county has exploded population-wise over the last ten years and the school buses do a lot of double duty. Meaning, a lot of schools have two 'loads' of children to deliver, some getting home as much as an hour and a half after school lets out because they are 'second load'. Also, not all schools in Cherokee county get out at the same time. I'll go look that up.

It just seems like they would have just gotten to the playground around 3:30 on a school day. And it's a Friday, so YAY! playtime with friends. And again, while I'm sure that child may have been cold, it wasn't 'cold' at 3:45 on Friday. I'd guess it was about 60. :waitasec: Hmmm.

ETA: Jorely's school lets out at 2:15 (7:45-2:15), so it seems like she could feasibly be getting home as early as 2:45ish, I'd think, if she rode the bus.

WXIA local news broadcast...

- search continues at this hour (at midnight!), first time detectives have been out this late searching
- investigators say they consider everyone a person of interest
- authorities say they found 4 white Coke cans, 2 empty cans, 2 full cans, behind one of the buildings at the apartment complex. being tested right now
- crime scene techs out at her home, going through family's van and removing a number of items, no word on whether it's standard procedure or possible evidence
- everyone is a person of interest, no one ruled out, no one ruled in either
- multiple agencies involved, tracking dogs
- lack of credible information received
- mother declining interviews saying she and family simply want to wait at home hoping she has been found safe
- Sheriff's office has $5000 reward, could rise the longer this goes unsolved

Trying to figure out how the coke cans and their location would play into this if the story is changing? Who reported she left to go get drinks? The two friends she was playing with?

I have to admit when I see a Mom who refuses to speak to the media it rings my hinky bell. I know everyone is different in how they handle things like this, but I never saw a tear in that interview with her last night. I'm admitting I am jaded and cynical.

Huh. Kinda makes a person wonder what the 'sitter' said exactly about the time last seen, and if her answer was influenced.

Also, I need to go check out what time J's elementary school lets out. Cherokee county has exploded population-wise over the last ten years and the school buses do a lot of double duty. Meaning, a lot of schools have two 'loads' of children to deliver, some getting home as much as an hour and a half after school lets out because they are 'second load'. Also, not all schools in Cherokee county get out at the same time. I'll go look that up.

It just seems like they would have just gotten to the playground around 3:30 on a school day. And it's a Friday, so YAY! Playtime, with friends. And again, while I'm sure that child may have been cold,
it wasn't 'cold' at 3:45 on Friday. I'd guess it was about 60. :waitasec: Hmmm.

:eek: maybe the child was shaking? scared or nervous?

It almost sounds like they waited until it GOT dark to call police? I also wonder about the children playing/babysitter.... were they told not to come inside?
Very fishy
~jmo

just for the record Lake Arrowhead is PRIVATE gated community with a guard house to enter... so unless someone worked there it's unlikely she'd end up there.
Surely there are cameras at the entrance...

According to the kids Jorelys was playing with Friday afternoon, Jorelys's sister (babysitter?) got cold and left Jorelys alone at the playground. But other reports say Jorelys left the playground to get drinks for her friends. Who told that version? The babysitter?

Trying to figure out how the coke cans and their location would play into this if the story is changing? Who reported she left to go get drinks? The two friends she was playing with?

I have to admit when I see a Mom who refuses to speak to the media it rings my hinky bell. I know everyone is different in how they handle things like this, but I never saw a tear in that interview with her last night. I'm admitting I am jaded and cynical.

I think the reporter said the Coke cans corroborates the story that she went to get drinks for her friends.

Call me jaded and cynical too because I'm thinking the same as you about her mother. I'm trying to keep an open mind though.

I think the reporter said the Coke cans corroborates the story that she went to get drinks for her friends.

Call me jaded and cynical too because I'm thinking the same as you about her mother. I'm trying to keep an open mind though.

I'm having the same thoughts.

But then with the 4 Coke cans, 2 empty, 2 full ... were the 2 full unopened? So the person saw her walking with the 4 cans, maybe cutting behind the building instead of in front. "Oh, can I have one?" (Someone she recognizes from the community). Then, "Hey, I saw something cool down this hill, can I show you? Just leave the sodas there, they'll be fine...."

But yeah, the home situation, DCFS taking the kids ... I could go either way right now.

According to the kids Jorelys was playing with Friday afternoon, Jorelys's sister (babysitter?) got cold and left Jorelys alone at the playground. But other reports say Jorelys left the playground to get drinks for her friends. Who told that version? The babysitter?

Jorelys was last seen at about 5 p.m. Friday at a playground at the River Ridge Apartment complex. She was in the care of a babysitter when she went back to her apartment to get a drink for her and some other children, Det. Worthy said.
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/215763/8/CANTON--Police-looking-for-missing-7-year-old-girl
It's starting to sound like Mom told LE Jorely and her sibs were being watched by a babysitter, but that wasn't the truth. LE knows this now and that's why they are now saying there is a lack of credible information.

Gees, now I am suspcious about the family...I actually thought this was a case of abduction, which could mean the child might be alive...while if family, hardly a chance of that, IMO...

I guess I'm confused about the location of the cans (behind one of the buildings in the complex). Someone lured her to an out of the way place and then abducted her? If Mom had anything to do with this, the location of the cans wouldn't make any sense would it?

BBM

I so agree with your post, especially the parts I bolded.

IF, Big IF.....the Coke cans end up having no relevance, could the child actually have made it back to her apt. and possibly walked in to someone there who was doing something they weren't supposed to be doing.

Someone doing something they aren't supposed to be doing, they certainly don't want a witness....especially a child witness.

[/B]

BBM

I so agree with your post, especially the parts I bolded.

IF, Big IF.....the Coke cans end up having no relevance, could the child actually have made it back to her apt. and possibly walked in to someone there who was doing something they weren't supposed to be doing.

Someone doing something they aren't supposed to be doing, they certainly don't want a witness....especially a child witness.
:waitasec: could be?
JR's daddy was "in Puerto Rico" and mom had the children alone?
Did I read that right? I wonder does he live there or was he just visiting?
Articles say he flew here Saturday to help look for her...
I haven't heard anything stating if mom was unwed, married or divorced...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth