State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I saw that in her blog. I must have missed that part of the testimony or evidence. I don't remember that at all.

IMO

Testimony from Dahms, a convenience store clerk in the small town of King at the time of the homicide, is crucial to the prosecution's contention that Young left a Virginia hotel room in the middle of the night, drove home and then returned to the hotel before dawn. In the first trial, defense attorneys noted Dahms' history of drug abuse to weaken her credibility. After a month-long trial in which Young testified, the jury deadlocked for acquittal 8-4.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/09/1840758/witness-in-young-case-testifies.html#storylink=cpy

No she did not, and it was not her fault. She could have gained more credibility if they had found the customer(s) who allegedly witnessed this altercation over gas and if the initial LE canvas had included other pics (MOO)

No it is not her fault, and yes it is a shame LE didn't find the time to go over the video with her. I don't have a problem with the initial canvas, as it was a fact-finding mission, not a murder-suspect identification.

Interesting that the daughter does to Gracie what she's upset about others having done to her mom. I don't recall a shred of testimony about drug abuse either.

I thought they could still convict first degree if they thought he had an accomplice?

After watching/reading both trials, I do not find JY as a person who would involve anyone else in his killing. I feel what has been revealed of his personality he would not involve anyone else, he thinks he got away with it all by himself...until now.

does anyone have a live feed yet? I see that IS is saying they will be following two trials today per their facebook page

Re: the CB's-daughter's-blog link posted in yesterday's thread -

This is going to come out harsher than I mean it to, but what's the daughter doing all up in it? I know nasty tweets are unpleasant, but if you're not all up in it, you're not going to get any. IMO that whole deal gives a bit of credence to the supervisor's testimony yesterday, people all up in stuff they ought not be all up in.

I didn't get past the first two paragraphs....was rolling my eyes too much to continue. I'd say stop bragging about her and the tweets will go away.

It's also possible that Ms. Beaver's supervisor called the police FOR her to get her to back down and admit she was telling a story. Kind of a put up or shut up move, and she dug her heels and continued. Which means she placed herself in the spot she/they are in now.

<modsnip>

I believe CB did see a vehicle at the end of the driveway and like her daughter said, she doesn't have a dog in this fight and she actually believed Jason was guilty so why would she lie about something like that? Nosy neighbours, busy bodies, whatever anyone wants to call them sometimes make good witnesses for or against a defendant.

She testified to what she saw and there is no reason whatsoever for her to lie under oath, imo.

No reason whatsoever except maybe to 'save face'?

No reason whatsoever except maybe to 'save face'?

She can't be forced to testify. Sure, the defense team can subpoena her, but so what if she doesn't come? The Wake County DA's decide whether or not to press charges? Doesn't seem like a hard decision on my part.

No it is not her fault, and yes it is a shame LE didn't find the time to go over the video with her. I don't have a problem with the initial canvas, as it was a fact-finding mission, not a murder-suspect identification.

Interesting that the daughter does to Gracie what she's upset about others having done to her mom. I don't recall a shred of testimony about drug abuse either.

If you only use 1 pic of car and 1 of JY and you never follow up with anything else to boost her story, then you leave her vulnerable for questioning because of Gracie's mental disability.

Hey peeps, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday, but please remember that it's not ok to link to the blog site or any other social media here. (MSM excepted of course.) You can direct posters how to find it on their own but we can't link here, or copy and paste posts from there to here. :tyou:

It's a fact. The gas attendant had a history of drug abuse as well as severe memory problems resulting from a serious brain injury she experienced as a child. The gas attendant has not been personally criticized, but facts impacting her credibility as a witness have been mentioned.

When weighing the two important testimonies, CB and GC, a distinct personality difference stands out, CB had a history of inserting herself into the details of other peoples lives, according to testimony, while with GC we heard none of that. I do think the jury will have problems with GC testimony, but I personally find her more credible than CB. She provided corroborating details supporting her memory, and when someone stands up to your face and berates you I find that person hard to forget.

gritguy - Has anyone said "thanks for being here" to you lately?

Ummmmm.....thanks for being here!

Hey peeps, I'm sorry I missed this yesterday, but please remember that it's not ok to link to the blog site or any other social media here. (MSM excepted of course.) You can direct posters how to find it on their own but we can't link here, or copy and paste posts from there to here. :tyou:

Sorry! That was completely my fault!

Nah, Wolf, it was me. I should have caught it yesterday. No harm, no foul!

Ten minutes to liftoff--very interested to hear how each side wraps up....

When weighing the two important testimonies, CB and GC, a distinct personality difference stands out, CB had a history of inserting herself into the details of other peoples lives, according to testimony, while with GC we heard none of that. I do think the jury will have problems with GC testimony, but I personally find her more credible than CB. She provided corroborating details supporting her memory, and when someone stands up to your face and berates you I find that person hard to forget.

The corroborating details she provided include stating that Jason was about the same height as she: about 5' tall. I don't find that credible since Jason is 6'1" tall. Regardless, one of the investigators testified that she didn't remember anything about the customer during an interview. However, during testimony, she remembered all sorts of things, including that Jason was no longer about 5' tall, but that he was about as tall has her son at 5'11". How did she come to remember new information that she didn't remember months earlier?

The more I review and watch this unfold, the more I am convinced CB just got caught up in a situation of her own making and before she knew it, she was in deeper than she ever intended to be in this situation. Nosey people (my beloved grandma would fit into this), IMO, often think they know or saw something that isn't at all what they believe it to be once all the ducks get lined up and the pieces are put in place that they were not privy to before they started broadcasting their "news".

This situation with the postal supervisor and CB could have been one of those "put up or shut up" moments. He tells her if she really did witness this and has information regarding that particular morning and address, she should call LE. She resists and based on her past history with him (refer to his testimony on the stand yesterday) he basically has the approach "if you are going to insist this is true, coming in the office and regaling it to your fellow employees around the water cooler, them all oooing and ahhing about your story, then you will also report it officially. Either that or be quiet. At that point, what is she to do? She has to report it since she is now put on the spot, so to speak, with him calling the sheriff's office.

Now, as it turns out, her info benefits the defense, not prosecution and she is now not so popular with what she saw so she wants to withdraw her report and not testify (because she says she is feeling bullied and if her story doesn't say what prosecution needs it to say, then fine - she'll go on her merry way).

Well..hold on there. If this is to be a search for the truth, it shouldn't matter if your testimony benefits the defense or the prosecution.

Honestly, I don't see how she could have seen in that car like she says, pitch dark (her words) with outside lighting on, no dome light on inside the "soccer mom" vehicle (I'm sorry but dash lights don't give that much light off otherwise it would interfere with the driver's night time vision). If anything, she'd see her own car reflection in the glass and not see inside the vehicle - at least that is my own experience with night time driving and lighting.

IMO

LOL! I just posted 'put up or shut up' a few minutes ago!! Trying to catch up before the arguments start and see you said it too!! <back to reading>

Does anyone know how long the trial videos will stay on WRAL's website? I missed a chuck of testimony after day 3 and I am wondering how long I will have to view it.

<modsnip> Her post mimicked my argument here about Mr. Arlington. It makes no sense that he would make that call to LE in order for her to tell LE what she saw. If I thought she was a fabricator, I would not have called LE for her. Maybe there is another side of his story.

Anyway, I have decided to throw out her testimony and Gracie's testimony.
But, it is the jury that needs to make their own decisions.

I agree.... I think its ashame that people have to be so nasty & attack her.....

InSession just said they will be following both trials (Clementi case & JY Case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member