IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that they do not want to release the descriptions of the vehicles so that they can be most accurate.

Couldn't they just say, "If anyone saw a dark SUV with writing on the side in the area at 4:15am please contact us", etc? (or what ever type of car it was)

I believe they have suspects and are hoping to enhance those videos to verify the suspects...but in the mean time are trying to spook them by announcing that they have their vehicles on video and the video is being sent to the FBI....

jmo

Her mom can't take it anymore. Poor women. And the father is SO supportive. Please come home Lauren!!!!

<paraphrased from mom at presser>

She wakes up every day hoping today is the day they find her and goes to bed every night feeling she hasn't done enough <breaks down>. Has asked before, what are you waiting for if you have information...says today is the day to come forward. It's been long enough. Asks again, what are you waiting for. Says they are here for Lauren and can't wait til she comes home. Thanks the media, and searchers.

This 4:15 phone call makes no sense to me. Why would LS call DR (hope I got those initials right) to see where her phone was when she had last been with CR and JR? If she left it at the bar, I would have to assume that she had used it or at least checked it once or twice while at the bar, so for her to call DR to find out where it was makes no sense at all when he was not even with her at the bar.

What does make sense to me is that JR is trying to explain why he made a call to DR at 4:15 am? What that call was regarding I don't know. Possilities are endless...trying to score more drugs? Asking for assistance with LS?

FBI has videos and are trying to enhance it for police. Interviews continuing, second tier of people to speak with, family interviewed this am

Adding: he hopes he will have the enhanced video by tomorrow.

This 4:15 phone call makes no sense to me. Why would LS call DR (hope I got those initials right) to see where her phone was when she had last been with CR and JR? If she left it at the bar, I would have to assume that she had used it or at least checked it once or twice while at the bar, so for her to call DR to find out where it was makes no sense at all when he was not even with her at the bar.

What does make sense to me is that JR is trying to explain why he made a call to DR at 4:15 am? What that call was regarding I don't know. Possilities are endless...trying to score more drugs? Asking for assistance with LS?

Complete speculation on my part, but the info came from HT after LS left where she was. Maybe they stopped by DR's apt before going to JRs and the bar? I am figuring LS had no idea where she left it, from the sounds of it she was pretty messed up (alcohol or other drugs). I wonder who else was called around that same time and if any of those people answered and claim to have spoken with LS about her missing phone...shoes....purse?

ETA, JR would have had to have those individuals' numbers in his phone, because I don't see LS remembering anyone's specific phone number after all her "activities" that night.

Exactly!!! Why didn't she call her roommate HT? HT stated that she was with LS earlier in the evening and went home at 12:30, IIRC. (sorry no link, my computer is running r e a l l y s l o w ........ but it is the indystar link in mrsu's above post)

OT cluciano, You can read my mind!!!! I agree with both of your points on pg 2. It is eerie how much this case reminds me of Brittanee's!

wm

I suppose it's also possible LS was going to go back home after dropping CR off at his apt. Maybe since she had been at JR's apt earlier in the night she thought to check with him about her phone and they just hung out a while when she went back by on her way home. Just more speculation on my part.

With regards to why LS allegedly used JR's phone to call DR: Perhaps he was the only phone number JR had in his phone contacts with whom LS had been in contact that night. I doubt LS would know her roommates' phone numbers by heart; she might not even know her boyfriend's number.

With cell phones, there no longer is a need to memorize numbers when everyone's number is already programmed in, so LS may not have been able to call her roommates.

This is just another theory. Who knows...

With regards to why LS allegedly used JR's phone to call DR: Perhaps he was the only phone number JR had in his phone contacts with whom LS had been in contact that night. I doubt LS would know her roommates' phone numbers by heart; she might not even know her boyfriend's number.

With cell phones, there no longer is a need to memorize numbers when everyone's number is already programmed in, so LS may not have been able to call her roommates.

This is just another theory. Who knows...

That is a good point. However LS and her roomate were said to have been friends with JR for at least a year and that they frequented his apartment a lot. So I tend to think that roomate's number would most likely be in his phone. So we know that JW had roomate's number because he called to inquire about LS whereabouts, so we could presume that roomate had JW's number.

If it were me and I was without my phone and I knew that I had plans with my BF and he was supposed to be calling me, I would have used JR's phone to call my roomate and ask her to call my bf to tell him I don't have my phone.

If any of the POI's is guilty, I hope that video with a vehicle is making them very, very nervous. Even more, I hope it pushes someone to come forth and be the one to tell LE and her parents what happened and where she can be found.

Hopefully the FBI will find something and get these puzzle pieces fitted together so they can find Lauren!

Police also expect a video enhancement of two cars seen in the area where Spierer was last believed to have visited will be complete by Wednesday. The images came from surveillance video of a business in the area of 10th and 11th streets, police said.

"The video is currently in the hands of the FBI and while they are working on it, that video is not yet complete," said Captain Joe Qualters of the Bloomington police department.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...er-s-friends-family-continue?odyssey=nav|head

ETA: Btown where are you?! Need a drive by of which business this is likely to be that saw that car. Reports earlier said it was seen near the area of 10th and College.

I keep going back to this map for reference, so I thought I should bring it over again.

aahggg.jpg

I also feel LE knows more about the vehicle(s) they saw on tape, as far as size, color, or a decent description and are choosing not to say at this time...

There is a FB page for 10th & College...it shows all bars listed on it, including Kilroy's.

ETA: Btown where are you?! Need a drive by of which business this is likely to be that saw that car. Reports earlier said it was seen near the area of 10th and College.

I've wondered where Btown went. I'm thinking they were done with classes and went home or vacation maybe. I hope LE didn't give them a poke and tell them to chill on the info posted here.

Also from Btown these were the camera's that would have captured LS and CR walking back to his place after Kilroy's. You can see the one camera not circled is pointed toward College. I wonder what other camera's are available on the East side of College at 10th.
2jcu0pl.jpg

I've wondered where Btown went. I'm thinking they were done with classes and went home or vacation maybe. I hope LE didn't give them a poke and tell them to chill on the info posted here.

I think he was on late last night, talking about helicopters that woke him up around midnight...

<paraphrased from mom at presser>

She wakes up every day hoping today is the day they find her and goes to bed every night feeling she hasn't done enough <breaks down>. Has asked before, what are you waiting for if you have information...says today is the day to come forward. It's been long enough. Asks again, what are you waiting for. Says they are here for Lauren and can't wait til she comes home. Thanks the media, and searchers.

Respectfully, BBM

Doesn't sound like Mom's appealing to strangers. IMO, her appeal appears to be to those non-strangers who may be withholding information: the IU students, friends, acquaintances and associates.

Just in looking back at all the camera's along LS' supposed walk home, I am amazed that she wasn't captured on any of them. I mean, the window of opportunity some random person would have had to grab her after JR saw her turn the corner onto College at 11th is what..less than a minute maybe? I still feel someone was waiting for her there, knowing where CR lived, or something happened at JRs. I'm not a statistics person, but the chances of a random person seem miniscule!
Props to Btown again for these.
5edcwh.jpg

2rc8ug3.jpg

33wwshi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics