2011.06.17 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my gosh. I just saw on WESH that what I thought this morning was someone's child in a headlock during the brawl in line at the courthouse was actually a man. They just got into pushing each other. So crazy. A man was trying to talk to a reporter, and there was this chorus of people chanting "liar."

I can't wait for JA to cross this guy. He will destroy him no doubt in my mind. First he will destroy his study, then he will attack his knowledge of the trunk liner in the case and what he knows or doesn't know about any cleaning of the trunk. Then he will ask him how many trunk liners he has cleaned where a bag child died and some fluids leaked out of a bag.

I also like the idea of asking him if he drove this car around town with the pigs in it.

I have a lunchtime appointment, but I made you guys some comic relief after this maggot filled morning. Hope some fun is okay in sidebar - if not mods will delete and I will come back and find myself in timeout!

sidebarcontest.jpg

Her hair looks like cornrows...guess shower wasn't last night.

Also, that the trunk could have been opened and aired any number of times. There is no evidence that the trunk was sealed until LE seized it. Cleaning, opening????

The quality of the State's evidence is very good, this won't derail the case. However, from what I've been hearing on the news, Juror # 4 may well derail this case. It could well happen there will be an 11-1 holdout vote coming and as a result a mistrial. Mistrial because the jury won't reach a verdict. If that happens, the state can try the case again.

My exact thoughts!!!!!!!!!!! I just told this same thing to my dtr this morning....11-1 because of Juror #4 Hung Jury This is my gut feeling!

TH's said she never takes notes but she took notes yesterday!!! :(

The quality of the State's evidence is very good, this won't derail the case. However, from what I've been hearing on the news, Juror # 4 may well derail this case. It could well happen there will be an 11-1 holdout vote coming and as a result a mistrial. Mistrial because the jury won't reach a verdict. If that happens, the state can try the case again.

:tyou: Themis

Thank you for this information from the news. I am questioning that information and not you, again thank you for your post. :thumb:

What information does the "news" have regarding this juror they are basing this opinion on? TIA.

:cow:

Ohhh wow, just had a thought - Has Baez opened the door to get the trunk stain with the imprint of the child's body in?

according to Bill S he has opened several doors...that being one of them--the other was the hiring of this expert...12-11-08--before the body identified...

I have a lunchtime appointment, but I made you guys some comic relief after this maggot filled morning. Hope some fun is okay in sidebar - if not mods will delete and I will come back and find myself in timeout!

sidebarcontest.jpg

Why do I see a male body part several times in that picture?

IMO

I keep wondering if JB is smiling at any juror in particular as he charmingly watches them enter and exit.

Can someone please help me to understand something......

Baez in opening statements said that George had nothing to do with Caylee's death, only hiding her body. This was a terrible accident and not a death penalty case.

Why are they attacking a dead body in the car? What really is the point of doing that? Are they going to attempt to put George in possession of the car during the time that Casey was driving Tony's jeep? If so, then why are they disputing a dead body in the damn car? Wouldn't placing George in the car with a dead body strengthen the theory they told during opening statements, or have they completely forgotten what they told the jury about what happened here?

I just don't see how attacking the car is getting them anywhere. If the jury believes the testimony that there was a dead body in the car, and the defense cannot place George in possession of the car, what then?

This cannot be considered reasonable doubt, this has all to do with lack of common sense.:waitasec: Maybe I need a break..:banghead:

Her hair looks like cornrows...guess shower wasn't last night.

I think she only washes that hair once a week.....by friday it is really greasy....kinda like if you were to put Crisco in a pan.......:maddening:

This bug expert may open up the doors as to why there was no DNA or fingerprints on the duct tape. He claims there is a greasy sludge that comes off a decomposing body. That, coupled with extreme humidity (being triple bagged in a hot florida car) might very well destroy any DNA or fingerprint evidence.

JA only question might be, So have you done experiments with bugs and decomp fluid left in a hot trunk for 3-5 days with a toddlers body? Or any body for that matter?

If bugs flew in to feast on the decomposing body, would they then get mostly trapped in the bag?

What if the body spent a day decomposing in a different location, then was put in the trunk. What would you expect to find then?

The questions are endless. This guy isn't really talking about the case in chief. He's theorizing about other cases and what he's seen before. Which is nothing like this case.

FRUSSSSSSSSSTRATING!

Ok...here's a little info about ME. I'm not really a drinker. I drink a glass of wine or two on social occasions....I do have an extensive liquor cabinet, because I buy it on cruises because it is cheap, and I like the pretty bottles!

But this week, I have been CRAVING that Patron Tequila I have up in that cabinet...as well as the Absolute Peach, Absolute Lemon, Crown Royal, Kaluhua, Baileys, Malibu Rum and Bacardis.

In fact, I have been having dreams of popping the top on just about each and every one of those pretty bottles......

Greetings everyone! I missed the entire morning's testimony, but other than the bug dude's blooper (he was called by the DT on Dec. 11th?? Really??? Hmmmm....), I guess I didn't miss a whole heckuva lot.

Well, I came prepared for the afternoon session ... plenty for everyone!

9313501144243.jpg

Jose should be embarrassed he need to get coached via text messages...

OMG I know, how embarressing for him to be reading out the text msg to the judge and tripping over the words. How do real lawyers stand him?

Also, that the trunk could have been opened and aired any number of times. There is no evidence that the trunk was sealed until LE seized it. Cleaning, opening????

Exactly....gas cans in, gas cans out

I don't know Themis. This gal may indeed vote guilty, but hold out on which charge to vote for. She may be insistent that ICA not receive the DP.

Sorry to pop in and post something obvious but what does this have to do with Caylee dying by an accidental drowning? Why would Jose be working so hard to deny there was a body in the car-just say George put it in the car. Or whoever they are going to place blame on next.

:wave: Everyone!
ITA. This is absurd. They have George, Cindy, and the tow guy's testimony that the car had that odor. WTH is Baez doing? Alienating the jury, imo.
Plus for the prosecution. :rocker:

Why is Baez spending the entire day trying to prove there was no body in the trunk?

Didn't he say the child died in the backyard? So how did she get to the dump site?

Is he going to try and say she was carried by hand there?

What is the point of this entire days testimony so far?

He wants to infer that casey's hands are completely innocent of any involvement. Caylee drowned, george found her, george disposed of body (his car - doesn't want it to appear casey drove around even 10 min. with her child's body in her trunk), george is to blame for it all. And since he abused her she kept her mouth shut - that's her only crime, keeping her mouth shut... and so you can't really blame her for that even. I believe Jose has promised casey that she will go home at the end of the trial. He's promised her she's going to be found innocent and that everything will point to george.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆