2010.04.24 The Laundry Revisited and GGM Sykes Visit.

I found GGMS the most honest of the grandmothers who have been on tv.

She was very calm and answered the questions asked of her and in a respectful manner even when Flora wanted to act like she was the inguistioner...just because her lying Misty had fed her another lie, imo.

I know grandmothers just like Sikes who do such loving things for their grandchildren. I think Mrs. Sikes knew she had to keep washing the children's clothes for if she did not wash the children's clothes it wouldn't get done by Misty. One thing I have noticed about Haleigh's photos she was always dressed so neat and clean.

It was obvious to me that she loves both Haleigh and Jr. very much and I have no doubt that she was the granny they ran to each and every time to give her a big hug and kiss. I know Mrs. Sikes must miss those Haleigh hugs terribly.

I sure hope Jr. gets to see her often.

IMO

In the link I posted above, GGM said

Misty was just barely 17 when GGM made that statement. She moved in with Ronald Cummings when she was 16. As to her "maturity", are you kidding me?

And according to GGMS at that time everything everyone was saying about Misty was all a CROCK...
A year later she is singing a completely different song...
I maintain my stance GGMS did not see Haleigh that night eating dinner on any porch... For a year I thought an altercation happened between Ron C and Misty somewhere between the bus stop and Crescent City or in Crescent City at Timmy's house..
Latest information leads me to believe it occurred at Hank Sr. and Lisa's house..
JMO

I know there is alot of talk about laundry but I don't think that is the reason they were over there. People are seeming to forget that Teresa said that SHE sent GMS over to the mh to "check on the kids". GMS just didn't decide to go over there to take laundry...Teresa sent her there. So, why did SHE send her over there...because they had no clean clothes? Well if GMS does all the laundry, she should know if they needed clean clothes or not. TERESA SENT HER THERE FOR A REASON.

And if there was enough laundry for 2 people to carry in.....What was the Aunt's purpose for being there? What was SHE doing while they were transferring all this laundry? Was she just along for the ride? Why no talk about her? I think the Cummings are keeping her out the equation for a reason and IMO, it has to do with her background skills....nurse. No one wants to talk about her, why?

What is odd about that? She could have had their jeans in one basket and their other clothing in another basket.

IMO

And according to GGMS at that time everything everyone was saying about Misty was all a CROCK...
A year later she is singing a completely different song...
I maintain my stance GGMS did not see Haleigh that night eating dinner on any porch... For a year I thought an altercation happened between Ron C and Misty somewhere between the bus stop and Crescent City or in Crescent City at Timmy's house..
Latest information leads me to believe it occurred at Hank Sr. and Lisa's house..
JMO

I never believed what Misty was trying to sell Flora.

I would take the word of the AC man who came there and Mrs. Sikes over Misty Croslin anyday.

So lets see if the AC man says she was stoned out when he came.

IMO

I found GGMS the most honest of the grandmothers who have been on tv.

She was very calm and answered the questions asked of her and in a respectful manner even when Flora wanted to act like she was the inguistioner...just because her lying Misty had fed her another lie, imo.

I know grandmothers just like Sikes who do such loving things for their grandchildren. I think Mrs. Sikes knew she had to keep washing the children's clothes for if she did not wash the children's clothes it wouldn't get done by Misty. One thing I have noticed about Haleigh's photos she was always dressed so neat and clean.

It was obvious to me that she loves both Haleigh and Jr. very much and I have no doubt that she was the granny they ran to each and every time to give her a big hug and kiss. I know Mrs. Sikes must miss those Haleigh hugs terribly.

I sure hope Jr. gets to see her often.

IMO
I agree with some of your post, but Misty, the babysitter, wasn't the only one too busy to do their laubdry. Ron, the parent, sure didn't make the time either.

Actually I am more confused and have more questions since she spoke on NG the other night.
My questions pertain to the comment she made about Misty getting the children's shirts on. Why did Misty do this? Did they not have a shirt on?
Did they change from a dirty shirt into a clean one? Did they put a long sleeve or sweatshirt on due to it being a chilly evening? Did GMA Sykes read about the questions imposed here as to why the children would be eating an evening meal at 7:30 on a chilly screened in porch and do a CMA?
Is there anything easily answered about this case? :banghead:
One thing new I did learn is that she did the kids' laundry to make sure and get the stains out. That is a nice gesture, imo. I am not too fond of stains, either! Better resale value on E-bay if stain free-stain stick is my friend!

ANNETTE SYKES, HALEIGH`S GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I stopped by about 7:30 to drop off some laundry that I had done. I always did the children`s laundry just because it`s something I`ve always done. And the children were on the front porch with Misty. They were eating supper. And when we drove up, Haleigh jumped out of her chair and come running up and gave me a hug. And Junior came out and gave me a hug, and I gave them a kiss. And Misty walked out. She helped carry some of the clothes into the house and got the children`s shirts on, and they got back up to eat supper. I gave them a kiss, told them good-bye, and I got back in the car and left.

GRACE: So all along, Ms. Sykes, Misty Croslin has told us that that evening she spent that evening doing laundry, doing the kids` laundry. So that`s not true. You did the laundry?

SYKES: She did hers and Ronald`s and the household laundry, but I did the children`s clothes because I didn`t like them -- I didn`t like them to have stains or anything on them. I`m real -- I just always did their laundry, the children`s laundry. They did their own...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

GGS said they had ravioli for diner (the chef) when my babies were that age and ate things like that the shirts came off too, this makes complete sense to me.

GGS said they had ravioli for diner (the chef) when my babies were that age and ate things like that the shirts came off too, this makes complete sense to me.

Shirts off on the porch with the weather 57 degrees and dark?

Is it possible GGMS came over before haleigh went missing to pick up the kids dirty cloths because RC and MC never do the laundry and GGMS complains about all of the dirty cloths so MC and/or RC hides a bunch in the washer/dryer so GGMS dosnt complain? Also thinking back, wasn't there oxyclean inthe trailer? I'm thinking I had seen a picture here......

What is odd about that? She could have had their jeans in one basket and their other clothing in another basket.

IMO

OKaaaay. So what was the aunt doing? Can you answer that one? I'm not saying that there's something odd about the two of them carrying in laundry, that would be silly to even think there was something wrong with that. If the aunt was there, what was the aunt doing? Was she just along for the ride? Why no mention of her. Can you explain that one to me?

Seems a tad chilly for "bare top" Chef Boyardee to me:

U.S. Naval Observatory (NOAA)

The following information is provided for Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida

Monday, 9 February 2009

Sunset 6:10 p.m.

End civil twilight 6:35 p.m.

Weather: high 74 low 39

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/index.php

Since washing the blankets was a chore Misty said she did that night....simple check the dryer vent for blanket lint......you could tell if it was clothes of two blankets that was dried last.... If no lint in dryer then it should be on top of the garbage...No blanket lint then No blankets washed....
Lets hope LE did check this.

Doesn't make sense to me especially if they were outside eating their ravioli on the front porch when the weather is cold and it is dark outside..JMO

This is a laundry GGMS delivery revisited thread Please stay on topic.

Didn't GMS say they went BACK to eating? Why would you change their shirts and they're not finish making a mess? My kids eat those kinds of foods too and I do change them when they are done.......not in the middle of the meal.....If GMS is worried about these stains (roll eyes) why give the kids the opportunity to mess up 2 shirts? Nah, that don't make sense to me.

Thank you for bringing up the nine days waiting re gma sykes saying anything. Over the course of this case she hasn't had any issues speaking out...........In my mind (scary) she/they were in the midst of planning no getting their ducks in a row.........THAT IS MY BIGGEST RED FLAG RE GMA SKYKES that and tn SENT gma sykes over to check on the children.

Also, I guess I was under the impresson that gma sykes was sent over there by tn for some reason to check on the kids/misty. Also if I recall correctly; the kids were eating sgettios on the front porch. Not sure about the "put a shirt on" comment........if she meant they had no shirt or they changed shirts.........but why change shirts in the middle of eating?

Re mc not wanting to babysit...........after a three day bing; never been there or done that but that would make sense she would ask someone else to do it; why family would refuse is beyond me. But many things are beyond my comprehension regarding this family; which I will consider a good thing.

Can someone kindly help me understand this situation? In the past few posts I've read that Sykes was the legal guardian from the time Ron was 3 years old. Do we know WHY Teresa Neves did not have custody of her own children? It also seems that Ron went down the tubes when he went to live with TN as a teenager and was allowed to do drugs and move a 14 year old girl in with him and his mom. It also seems that TN refused to watch Haleigh so Ron could work the night she disappeared, preferring a doped-up and burnt-out teenager that Ron didn't want in his house or around his kids. If all this is true, it seems TN is nowhere near the mother-of-the-year.

So my confusion is this: if TN is/was truly this rock-bottom negligent, why did she "send AS over" to the mobile home that night. I kinda think TN wasn't concerned about the kids having clean laundry. Under the circumstances, "sending" her mother over, for any reason, just has a very strange ring to it. I can see Sykes taking over decent clean laundry for the kids on her own initiative, and often, but being SENT there by Teresa??! Did they come up with this "spin" because they knew phone records would show Ron calling his mom, then his mom calling AS before her visit to the mobile home with a nurse in tow?

I'm not doubting GGMS did their laundry -- I'm doubting everything else. I'm doubting that the kids put clean shirts on during dinner and I'm doubting her inconsistencies about going inside or not. I'm also doubting MC's laundry stories for that evening.

Honestly, I don't know what it is, there's just something odd about all these laundry stories. IMO

ETA: I'm also wondering why we've never heard from Aunt Lisa about this

There was no laundry detergent, dirty clothes were in the dryer, and piles of clothes were in the floor. That type of living is why Ms. Sykes had to wash the kids clothes. It probably had nothing to do with stains, but more to do with wrinkled and dirty clothes being fluffed in the dryer and worn again. Probably even wearing dirty mismatched socks. She had to do it because no one else would. To get up on Monday morning and suddenly realize a child has no clothes for school is horrible. Ron was being enabled and some stranger underage girl didn't need to be put in charge of those kids. About the blanket, I figure it was either washed elsewhere or even replaced with a matching blanket. Since the grandmas didn't wash the blankets maybe they wouldn't even notice the switch.

GGS enabled Ron? AGREED! He couldn't even do his children's laundry correctly... uggg (why on earth did he have custody?)

~ note to self
And the washer was going but they had no laundry detergent...but...
DID THEY HAVE BLEACH? hmmm

I agree with some of your post, but Misty, the babysitter, wasn't the only one too busy to do their laubdry. Ron, the parent, sure didn't make the time either.

Of course he didn't have time to do the laundry. What with selling and using drugs, and sleeping with teenagers and all. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

Didn't GMS say they went BACK to eating? Why would you change their shirts and they're not finish making a mess? My kids eat those kinds of foods too and I do change them when they are done.......not in the middle of the meal.....If GMS is worried about these stains (roll eyes) why give the kids the opportunity to mess up 2 shirts? Nah, that don't make sense to me.

I know of cases where CPS was called by school staff when kids were consistently sent to school wearing filthy nasty clothing. Maybe AS did the kids laundry because of that, and maybe that night the kids really didn't have any decent clothing to wear and really were eatting without shirts because they just didn't have any that were clean/dry? Maybe when AS showed up, they put shirts on while eatting because they were cold and there were no clean shirts for them at the mobile home until she arrived.

I keep thinking about them driving all the way to AS's house just to get something for Haleigh to wear to school that morning. Sheesh. And having to take a blanket off the window to use for sleeping? If there were dirty clothes in the dryer, and no laundry detergent in the house, I'm guessing these folks might already have been reported by the school in the past and AS was just keeping Ronnie out of trouble by doing the kids laundry.

Too bad Ron and Misti couldn't have diverted some of their ciggie, drug, and booze money for a little laundry detergent.

suspicious, She did say that she told them to go back to eating..and even more puzzling :waitasec: to me is GGMS didn't say 'change' their shirts..she said put on their shirts..totally separate meaning imo.. Don't know that it matters since we really don't know for a FACT that she was there and IF she was, if laundry was the reason or even the main reason for her coming by, kwim?..IDK..just sayin..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back