AL AL - Blount Co, WhtMale 1139UMAL, 33-43, .22 revolver, alias 'Chad Singleton', Oct'05

I'm not certain how LE made the leap from the woman missing her common-law husband to this skeleton in fact being that man (as no DNA comparison has yet been done).

I guess it could simply be because he was carrying both his own -albeit fraudulent- ID and that of the wife. I guess Skeleton could have stolen or bought both sets but I assume LE thought this was unlikely, maybe because Skeleton appeared just as shady a character (from the way he died and was not reported missing) as the common-law husband had been.

Maybe they obtained photos from the wife?

Outofthedark - I didn't know that but I don't think it's him anyway. I'd be interested if you do have a link though.

In relation to this case I have found some more information above and beyond that which is on Doe:

https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=512

Estimated height is 5'6" (no surprise there then) but this is very interesting:

Dental Comments: Tooth 2 & 4 removed and submitted per a court order to Reliagene for possible paternity testing.

I don't know if this was done postmortem and this provided a match between the UID and his children or if the dental removal was antemortem and so they matched the ID to the common law husband based on (at least partial) dental records.

I would assume the teeth were removed post-mortem in order to compare with a child the common-law wife had with her missing husband. Pure speculation, of course, but it makes sense. Still, without that confirmation, I think the posting of the pics was premature.

I've been searching news archives for days now, and still nothing on Chad Singleton.

I had seen this guy's pic elsewhere (on Ohio's missing persons site, possibly) but I also found him on Doe Network.
LE at the time has suspicions that he faked his own death.

Case File 3635DMWV

JSAdkins.jpg
JSAdkins1.jpg
JSAdkins2.jpg
JSAdkins3.jpg

Jason Scott Adkins
Missing since January 17, 1999 from Huntington, West Virginia
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: April 1, 1975
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 160-170 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes. Dimples, could have mustache or goatee.
  • Marks, Scars: Small bump at top of nose, surgical scar from appendectomy, previously broken leg (possibly right).
  • Clothing: A brown leather jacket, coveralls, blue jeans and wading boots with inside "Nike" tennis shoes.
  • Jewelry: Possibly wearing a silver chain with a "Cross" pendant. The "cross" possibly has "Jesus" on it also.
  • Nickname: Scott
Circumstances of Disappearance
Jason Adkins was fishing on the Ohio River with his brother on January 17, 1999 when the boat he was in had engine failure.
Around this same time frame, a barge passing by caused a series of large waves in the river where the men were fishing, and caused the boat to capsize. One of the brothers made it out of the boat and went to call for help.
As search and rescue crews arrived, they reported it appeared as if someone had exited the water in a certain area that was different from where the sole survivor would've left the wreckage.
Police asked the family was it a possibility that Adkins could've faked his death, because he owed back child support.
His estranged wife and family do not believe Adkins faked his death that day, because he only was $200 behind on child support. There has never been any trace of Adkins' body if he did perish in the boating accident.
The family also has a website:

http://www.geocities.com/jasonscottadkins/MoreInformation.html

Only a partial skeleton was found...It's possible the right leg was not among the remains, thus the info not being listed for the UID.

I found a Doe Network page for this same missing person, with some interesting info... (I also posted this in the Unidentified forum)

Case File 3635DMWV

JSAdkins.jpg
JSAdkins1.jpg
JSAdkins2.jpg
JSAdkins3.jpg

Jason Scott Adkins

Vital Statistics
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue eyes. Dimples, could have mustache or goatee.
  • Marks, Scars: Small bump at top of nose, surgical scar from appendectomy, previously broken leg (possibly right).
  • Clothing: A brown leather jacket, coveralls, blue jeans and wading boots with inside "Nike" tennis shoes.
  • Jewelry: Possibly wearing a silver chain with a "Cross" pendant. The "cross" possibly has "Jesus" on it also.
Jason Adkins was fishing on the Ohio River with his brother on January 17, 1999 when the boat he was in had engine failure.
Around this same time frame, a barge passing by caused a series of large waves in the river where the men were fishing, and caused the boat to capsize. One of the brothers made it out of the boat and went to call for help.
As search and rescue crews arrived, they reported it appeared as if someone had exited the water in a certain area that was different from where the sole survivor would've left the wreckage.
Police asked the family was it a possibility that Adkins could've faked his death, because he owed back child support.
His estranged wife and family do not believe Adkins faked his death that day, because he only was $200 behind on child support. There has never been any trace of Adkins' body if he did perish in the boating accident.

Only a partial skeleton was found...It's possible the right leg was not among the remains, thus the info not being listed for the UID.

Wow - just wow!

Hot case 776 is now 1139UMAL and that is one heck of a good match.

This is "Chad Singleton":

1139UMAL.jpg

and this is "Jason Scott Adkins"

JSAdkins1.jpg

Admittedly Scott is slightly too young (three years outside the age range) and 3" taller than the estimated height - but it's only an estimate from a partial skeleton and the height could easily be overstated by an inch or two.

"Chad" had a couple of additional broken bones over Scott but could easily have gotten those in the last five years of his life.

Vask - our posts have obviously crossed but I'm confused as to who the "friend" is with the husband. According to Doe the photos are of the victim and we know the identity the victim was living under but don't know who he really was.

OMG...wow, they look almost identical. There is the same cleft in the chin and everything. Has someone reported this yet?

Not as of yet, to my knowledge, but I think I shall.

I've forwarded the potential match to the Doe Network.

I had seen this guy's pic elsewhere (on Ohio's missing persons site, possibly) but I also found him on Doe Network.

Case File 3635DMWV

JSAdkins.jpg
JSAdkins1.jpg
JSAdkins2.jpg
JSAdkins3.jpg

Jason Scott Adkins

Vital Statistics

Wow - just wow!

Hot case 776 is now 1139UMAL and that is one heck of a good match.

This is "Chad Singleton":

1139UMAL.jpg

and this is "Jason Scott Adkins"

JSAdkins1.jpg

Admittedly Scott is slightly too young (three years outside the age range) and 3" taller than the estimated height - but it's only an estimate from a partial skeleton and the height could easily be overstated by an inch or two.

"Chad" had a couple of additional broken bones over Scott but could easily have gotten those in the last five years of his life.

Vask - our posts have obviously crossed but I'm confused as to who the "friend" is with the husband. According to Doe the photos are of the victim and we know the identity the victim was living under but don't know who he really was.

OMG...wow, they look almost identical. There is the same cleft in the chin and everything. Has someone reported this yet?

I think it's the same person.

Look at the pictures of Jason Adkins in the top quoted post. Check out the far left picture in the series of 4 pictures.

Now, look at his unusual hair pattern and the part of his hair above his right eye... our left as we look at him. It's very unusual having a hair part that far from center. Now, look at Chad Singleton. It appears he has the same part above his right eye, if you look closely. It's hard to identify the part with his 'hat hair', but it appears the same.

Then, observe how his hair pattern transitions as you travel from his right to his left (our left to our right). Again, the two match. It's a very different hair pattern.

Also, observe the 'look in his eye' in the top quoted post, 3 pictures from the left. It looks almost identical to the 'look in the eye' of Chad Singleton in the pic to the left (on the Doe Network Page) - or the top photo in Cymro's quoted post, above.

If this isn't the same guy, it's his twin brother.

I feel like crying but also happy to see I am not the only one. Sadly I had been talking to Jason's mother the last couple of weeks and put in a tip I thought also this unidentified was Jason. This guy had no root canal's and Jason had and Jason had a broken I think leg or Ankle at one time. After talking with investigators they informed me of this! OK another thing you all might not know. The mans picture on the right is not the same man on the left! the front view was given to investigators from Florida but we don't know how or why Florida had it. The side view picture that does not look as much like Jason is the man who's wives ID this John Doe had on him. The common law wife provided the side view picture. I just hope this does not effect Jason's mother after finding it was not Jason. This is my first post. . . Monkey

Thanks for letting us know. I have to say that I thought the two pictures "of the victim" didn't look so much alike but Doe does state "images of victim" and I thought I was just being oversensitive.

At the moment then there is only one picture of the UID (assuming it is him) and one picture of a random, slightly shady looking guy?

Shame there's no match of course but onwards and upwards I guess...

I, too, didn't consider the right side picture... as it was a bad picture and I couldn't really see the face. This (guy on right) was the common law husband whose partial skeleton was found with the common law wife's ID?

So, who is the guy on the left/top?

This is what I recieved back from investigator on picture on left and right!
FYI

(I found out the source of the photos on

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1139umal.html

The one on the left was supplied by Niceville FL PD but they did not get any biographical data on him.

The photo on the right was supplied by the common law wife in Blount County Alabama )

He also said he did not know how they got picture in Florida but most likely he had been arrested in Florida on a charge. You know it would have been easier for us to find the person if they would have had more facts in the first place. Heck who know at first they were not the same person in picture? I was confused as they seemed different. Then all the things about partial so how did we know he had never had a broken bone in his legs or ankle? Then also since some of the teeth was missing how was we supposed to know he had no root canals like Jason! Well, I was just in shock to read on on of the post on here after I have been looking for a Red head that the Grateful Dead's hair was not really RED!!!! Even the myspace page someone has on him says RED! I am confused !

Wow!!! I see an uncanny resemblence.....I would be surprised if it they weren't they weren't the same person!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back