Canada - Judge to rape victim 'Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?'

kmclaren

Reaction score
This Canadian judge, who is from South Africa is facing removal after making some outrageous statements during a rape trial in 2014. Some of his comments:

"Why couldn't you just keep your knees together?"
"Young wom[e]n want to have sex, particularly if they're drunk."
Camp asked her why she didn't "skew her pelvis" or push her bottom into the sink to avoid penetration.

He acquitted the guy but it was overturned and he will be retried in November...

His defence is that he wasn't familiar with Canadian law (???). Yet he was since then, promoted from provincial to federal court!

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/world/robin-camp-rape-comments-trnd/index.html?sr=fbCNN091216robin-camp-rape-comments-trnd0427PMStoryLink&linkId=28649575[/video]

Those comments don't make me sick to my stomach or anything!

Oh my goodness, he isn't fit to be a judge. This is so awful.

Says a lot about the state of affairs for rape victims in South Africa.

What a mockery of the victim.
Callous *advertiser censored*.

And mockery of the system as well. He claims he had minimal knowledge of Canadian law? Then why is he a judge?

Oh my goodness, he isn't fit to be a judge. This is so awful.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Belle4 !

Robert Camp has been speaking about a course he is taking which is helping him understand why he is being criticized.

That right there (he does not understand why he is being criticized) is why he should not be a judge - and never have any authority over anyone anywhere.

Hoping he gets removed. Disgusting comment says a lot about him just as a man.

Report published that recommended his removal, he has apparently resigned effective tomorrow.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justice-robin-camp-judicial-council-1.4017233

I missed this little gem the 1st time - he referred to the rape victim as the "accused" several times and even again in the investigation. It boggles the mind how this man got to be a federal court judge...

"Court transcripts from the 2014 sexual assault trial show Camp, who was then a provincial court judge, called the complainant, who was homeless and 19 years old at the time of the alleged assault, "the accused" numerous times — a mistake he repeated at the judicial council hearing before correcting himself."

Wow.

What I have to say about this 'judge' cannot be written on this site.

Oh, no he didn't!!
There's a few choice words made for this pompous a##, and since he is not worth the dirt under my shoes, or a lifetime ban,
I must zip it and zip it good! :silenced:

I wish he could take Horry County Circuit Court Judge Markley Dennis (Myrtle Beach, SC) with him, on his way down.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back