UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been mensioned that Josh would take off all of a sudden and go camping. One time in particular...Susan had to find a ride home. Does anybody else question whether he was camping or out scouting out a place to hide a body. Premeditation?

I have ADD. I think there is another mental health issue with Josh.

I asked this before - what would Josh's Dad likely do if Josh confessed to his father that he killed Susan? Would SP be glad Josh avoided divorce and custody battles, or turn him in for committing such a horrible crime? I definitely believe Josh has told his Dad what really happened. Anybody else believe that?

Hi Curious :) I'll see you (bbm) and raise you one more. I highly suspect SP assisted in the damage control after the fact (from instructing his son re clean-up and cover-up including advice re staying below LE's radar, and quite possibly even in transporting and disposal) thus IMO almost surely an accessory AFTER the fact... but I've even gone as far as to question how sinister a role he may have subtly played in the inception of this plot... call me crazy, but SP isn't someone I envision encouraging JP, "Take the high road, son... be fair to your wife, and work together as much as possible for the sake of the boys, and let the courts handle anything else." :rolleyes: After what SP put his own wife thru... an embittered battle lasting over 10 years in the courts, including ROs... he's probably hardened and cynical; and given what we know of the meddlesome role SP played during the course of their marriage, who knows how much of a hand dad may have had in planting such a seed, I'm honestly beginning to wonder if JP could've pulled off such a thing by himself w/out daddy. All JMO of course.

:parrot:

It has been mensioned that Josh would take off all of a sudden and go camping. One time in particular...Susan had to find a ride home. Does anybody else question whether he was camping or out scouting out a place to hide a body. Premeditation?

I have ADD. I think there is another mental health issue with Josh.

Hello and welcome straycat
animated_welcome_cat.gif

I think this is a very real possibility. I have no problem believing JP may have been 'scouting' on previous occasions. Those spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment trips out of nowhere w just the boys sound like a perfect opportunity to do just that. At first I didn't believe that JP was capable of premeditating or plotting such a thing. I still don't. I think he likely had help. JMO

:parrot:

Logical Minds
What you posted is pretty much the way I see it as well. Josh sure was controlling and often times when their spouse takes action, there are consequences; not usually murder, but in this case I do believe that is what happened. Unfortunately, there are many women out there who live in fear; sometimes when I make a HV to check on a child the mother will tell me that BoyFriend has hit her, made threats, etc if she indicates she plans to leave. Makes me sick as the beat goes on; kids see the mind abuse, and, or physical abuse; they act out, etc.In this case I think she knew that things would not get better and was going to leave.

Good morning,

Does anyone know if there is logging done anywhere in the area Susan lived?

The reason I ask is because I get intuitive insights, and what I heard this morning was to 'take the dogs to the logs' and I saw a bunch of huge tree logs laying down. It could mean something else, so I decided to post it in case it meant something to someone closer to this case.

Hope this helps
Esah

Wish the poor woman would come home to her children, that is, if she could. Her husband looks like a big wierdo to me.

I have been looking for the physical stats on Susan for about an hour and finally found them here on a closed thread. Susan was a lightweight. She must have watched her weight closely especially having two small children. I'm assuming here. I wanted to try to visualize how Josh may have lifted her body. I hope she is alive. However, I doubt she is.

I am still puzzled by the dinner she ate. Has anyone heard anything about her being ill before eating the dinner Josh fixed? Did he cook often?

I hate cases like this.

I missed something, what was the dinner she ate prepared by Josh?

I wonder if he put something in her food.

That's what I thought and it has been discussed earlier in another thread. It would be pretty easy to put something in her pancakes and leave it out of the kids' pancakes. IMO.

Josh fixed pancakes for dinner the night Susan disappeared.

No reports of Susan feeling ill earlier that day; only after she ate dinner. I have not seen any reports of friends or family which indicate that Josh was especially helpful around the house...especially not with traditional "women's work", such as cooking. From what I've read and heard about their marriage, Josh is a very controlling, angry, difficult person to live with. Just the fact that Susan had to walk to church that Sunday morning when the winter weather was so bad, even though they have a van and Josh stayed home, is a big indicator of a husband who was comfortable doing anything he could to make his wife's life more miserable...not the kind of Hubby who would serve his wife dinner without an ulterior motive!

Josh fixed pancakes for dinner the night Susan disappeared.

No reports of Susan feeling ill earlier that day; only after she ate dinner. I have not seen any reports of friends or family which indicate that Josh was especially helpful around the house...especially not with traditional "women's work", such as cooking. From what I've read and heard about their marriage, Josh is a very controlling, angry, difficult person to live with. Just the fact that Susan had to walk to church that Sunday morning when the winter weather was so bad, even though they have a van and Josh stayed home, is a big indicator of a husband who was comfortable doing anything he could to make his wife's life more miserable...not the kind of Hubby who would serve his wife dinner without an ulterior motive!

Your point well taken. I feel the same way. And as far as the theory of her being abducted (which I disagree with) how would that explain other things such as his hands being so red, irritated almost like frost bite and also the spot on the floor, etc.

I just had a horrible thought....but...."how did he move her body"?

sledding....sleds.....??? Could he have put her on a sled and pulled her into the woods somwhere? He said they went "sledding"?? He could have done it then...OR...done it later...left the sleds in the van...I wonder have the sleds been checked?

This is ONLY a speculation, not a fact...just something I thought of

sledding....sleds.....??? Could he have put her on a sled and pulled her into the woods somwhere? He said they went "sledding"?? He could have done it then...OR...done it later...left the sleds in the van...I wonder have the sleds been checked?

I've had the same thought myself as far as being able to move an adult body, a sled would make it much easier for a weak man. Also, wondering if he had access to snowshoes which would make it easier to walk some distance in the heavier snow.
Snowmobiles are very common here also and if he had the time (which he did) he could have also borrowed/rented one. So many possibilities! But then he could have taken a quick and easy answer to his problem and just use a dumpster. :(

VB

Wrap it in a tarp with ducktape and drag it, or put it in a big box or storage bin and slide it on the icy ground or packed snow. I wonder if they had a big box or bin to store the Christmas tree in? How large is the box that a generator comes in? Newly fallen snow would quicKLy obscure drag marks. He could have even backed up near an area with a cliff and dumped her over the edge, then disposed of the container in an y dumpster, unless he was stupid enough to bring it home and put the generator ( or whatever ) back in it!

I've seen some posters saying that they doubt he could have moved the body in the van without the kids seeing it. My kids always rode in carseats in the middle row of the van, right behind the driver's seat. There was another bench seat behind them and a cargo area behind that. A body could easily be concealed from their sight behind the rear seat!

What line of work is Josh's dad in? Does he have any brothers? I wonder if any one of them would have access to an incinerator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73