GUILTY NY - David Castor, 48, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Liverpool, 20 Aug 2005

misterallgood

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
From The Citizen, Auburn, NY:
Sheriff's deputies in two counties are investigating a movie-script-worthy murder case involving a former Weedsport resident.

Stacey Castor, 40, of Liverpool, is suspected of poisoning two of her husbands and may have attempted to kill her daughter, deputies said. Castor was arrested by Onondaga County Sheriff's deputies and charged with second-degree murder Friday night.

A joint investigation began in 2005 after 48-year-old David Castor died from ethylene glycol poisoning in Liverpool. It may have not been coincidence that Castor's former husband, Michael E. Wallace, 38, formerly of 2763 E. Brutus St., Weedsport, died prematurely on Jan. 11, 2000, of what was initially thought to have been a heart attack...
Later in the article:
Further charges are pending in Onondaga County, where deputies are also looking into a poisoning attempt on Castor's daughter, an investigator said.

Castor eventually will be turned over to Cayuga County authorities, who are still building a case. Anyone with information can call the Sheriff's office at 253-1610.
Looks like a "Black Widow" has been on the loose.

Mr. A/Steve

I wonder if her daughter was standing in the way of Castor cashing in on her father's death?

This will be an interesting case to follow. It does sound like another "Black Widow" spinning webs which she might have just gotten caught in.

I never can understand why these people can't or don't stop after getting away with the first murder. Are they really that stupid to think that they can get away with a second or third? Or are they just driven to kill??

Could it be the daughter was to receive money from her father when she turned 21?

I don't think it is because they are driven to kill repeatedly. I believe it is because she thought she got away with it once...she could keep going. I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be a case of greed and selfishness on her part. It is one thing to kill a spouse or even two...but to try to kill your child is something else.

No, someone like this (if the charges are true) doesn't kill for the thrill. They do it for gain and comfort -- insurance money, property, etc. Thing is, that can still end up leaving one heckuva trail. I've matched this woman with a Judith Daniels in Moravia, NY -- kinda curious to see if that's her mom and if mom is still alive and kicking. One of Stacey's old addresses was owned by Judith Daniels AKA Judith Eaton.

Mr. A/Steve

She sounds an awful lot like Lynn Turner of Georgia who now sits in prison for life. However, the State gets another crack at the death penalty for the 2nd murder. It was years inbetween though so anything is possible with these types of women. I agree they are about gain and comfort with a personalty disorder thrown into the mix. They are real high on the entitlement scale.

She sounds an awful lot like Lynn Turner of Georgia who now sits in prison for life. However, the State gets another crack at the death penalty for the 2nd murder. It was years inbetween though so anything is possible with these types of women. I agree they are about gain and comfort with a personalty disorder thrown into the mix. They are real high on the entitlement scale.
That's who I thought of, especially when I read about the antifreeze. I believe that was Lynn Turner's method of disposal, so to speak. It is supposed to be a very painful way to die. :(

OMGosh, how horrible that she would try to kill her own daughter!

Re post #9, I guess we now know the motive for killing her daughter. JC, kill your daughter and blame her for the murders while at it. That's about the most cold blooded thing I've read in a long time.

CaliKid, I remember seeing a show about this. The "women" was rather atractive and manipulated men.

From April 2009:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...astor-upstate-blame-daughter-article-1.366822

Fahey sentenced Castor, 41, to the maximum of 25 years to life for the murder of David Castor at their Syracuse home in August 2005, and to another 25 years for the attempt to kill daughter Ashley Wallace, then 20, with an overdose of drugs and vodka in September 2007.

The judge also ordered Castor to an additional 1 1/3 to four years in prison for forging her husband's will...

District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said Castor will have to serve at least 51 1/3 years behind bars before she's eligible for parole.

Clay murderer Stacey Castor, who poisoned her husband to death with antifreeze and attempted to kill her daughter in a similar way, is dead in prison at the age of 48, according to Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick.

(...)

Fitzpatrick said Saturday afternoon he confirmed the notorious killer's death with Bedford Hills. Castor died sometime Saturday morning. An autopsy will be conducted to determine cause of death, the DA said.
http://www.syracuse.com/crime/index...y_castor_who_poisoned_husband_dead_at_48.html

ABC unveils brand new documentary on Black Widow who murdered both her husbands | Daily Mail Online

Investigators into the case of a woman who murdered her two husbands and attempted to kill her daughter and frame her for their murders, are shedding new light in an explosive ABC documentary.

Stacey Castor, 48, who was known as the 'Black Widow', died in 2016 while serving 51 years to life at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women in Westchester County.

She was convicted in 2009 of poisoning her second husband David Castor to death with antifreeze, and trying to kill her daughter Ashley Wallace as part of a plot to pin the murder on her.

Castor was also accused of murdering her first husband Michael Wallace who died in 2000, from an apparent heart attack.

Investigators looking into David's death, later exhumed the body and found Wallace too had died from antifreeze poisoning, although Castor was never officially charged with his murder.

[...]

The documentary will be broadcast on February 8 at 9pm ET on ABC.

It also features new interviews with investigators, Stacey’s defense team and family members of her second husband and victim, David Castor.

[...]

upload_2019-2-3_0-44-53.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-45-2.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-45-12.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-45-23.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-45-53.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-46-3.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-46-14.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-46-24.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-46-36.jpegupload_2019-2-3_0-46-49.jpeg

I just watched this new 20/20 documentary on the ABC app this morning. I had seen a previous one awhile ago, since the trial was in 2009, so I was somewhat familiar with the case, though I never followed it here. I am surprised there was not more discussion about it on WS at the time, but this is the only thread I found. It is a truly awful case, and one that may have gone undetected as a crime except for the tenacity of LE and prosecutors. It is heartbreaking as 2 young teen daughters were essentially left all alone as they lost their father & stepfather to homicides, their mother to the guilty conviction of one of those murders and the attempted murder of one of the daughters, and their grandmother who stood behind her convicted daughter, and instead believed that one of her granddaughters was the guilty one. This new view of the case is well laid out. This killer attempted to frame her daughter for the murders of her husbands, and then tried to kill her child and stage it as a suicide with a fake note that exonerated this evil mom. Despicable. However, the shocker to me came as an aside at the end, that the killer had died in prison in 2016, at the age of 48, of ‘natural causes’. I wonder what she died of? I wonder if the grandmother ever reconciled with her grandaughters? I hope and pray the grandaughters/daughters, who would be in their 30s now, are living safe, healthy and happy lives. They have truly been through hell with a mom like that.

I just watched this new 20/20 documentary on the ABC app this morning. I had seen a previous one awhile ago, since the trial was in 2009, so I was somewhat familiar with the case, though I never followed it here. I am surprised there was not more discussion about it on WS at the time, but this is the only thread I found. It is a truly awful case, and one that may have gone undetected as a crime except for the tenacity of LE and prosecutors. It is heartbreaking as 2 young teen daughters were essentially left all alone as they lost their father & stepfather to homicides, their mother to the guilty conviction of one of those murders and the attempted murder of one of the daughters, and their grandmother who stood behind her convicted daughter, and instead believed that one of her granddaughters was the guilty one. This new view of the case is well laid out. This killer attempted to frame her daughter for the murders of her husbands, and then tried to kill her child and stage it as a suicide with a fake note that exonerated this evil mom. Despicable. However, the shocker to me came as an aside at the end, that the killer had died in prison in 2016, at the age of 48, of ‘natural causes’. I wonder what she died of? I wonder if the grandmother ever reconciled with her grandaughters? I hope and pray the grandaughters/daughters, who would be in their 30s now, are living safe, healthy and happy lives. They have truly been through hell with a mom like that.

I just watched the 20/20 documentary about Stacey Castor. They said at the end she died in prison, (ironically) from a heart attack at 48 years old.

DA: Anti-freeze murderer Stacey Castor died of heart attack, no foul play suspected

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back