Identified! The Doe Network, Part 4: Who is Princess Blue? - Julie Gwenn Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting find, Gina M! Thank you for posting it. :)
Ironic that you should post it when you did, because I was just getting on here today to post a clarification on the class ring. Don't know if it will make much difference, but in the spirit of maintaining as much accuracy as we can, I thought I should mention it. Upon closer inspection, the script "L" in the blue stone of the class ring is not IN it after all. Meaning- it is not 'inlaid' as we thought. It is actually etched ON TOP OF the stone, like, it's tangible. One can feel that it has been carved into the top of the stone, and then likely a gold paint was put in it to make the "L" stick out. Some of the gold has flaked off by now. So if the info on this ring is to be posted elsewhere, or perhaps if there are still letters going out, it might be prudent to make this slight change in the wording...what do all of you think?
warmly, sloane

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I came across the link below when I was searching for something else. It lists lost and found rings from all over the country, sorted by date. Has anyone looked into this site for tracking down the owner of PB's ring?

http://www.abbycon.com/LostandFound/MainDirectory.htm

Gina, thank you so much for posting this link!:).

Okay, I didn't find any ring that could be Princess's ring in the lost section. So, I emailed the owner of the sight to ask her if she would print something about it in the found section. This is what I asked her to quote.

"Found 9/10/90 in Manvel, Texas - 1975 Robert E. Lee High School, Houston, TX, ladies ring, size 9 1/2. The ring is made with a silver metal alloy, has a blue stone with an engraved, "L", and has no detectable engravings on the inner band. The words, "Houston, Texas" is clearly visible and surrounds the stone. Please email (my email addy) if you have information about or have lost this a ring like this."

Lion

Interesting find, Gina M! Thank you for posting it. :)
Ironic that you should post it when you did, because I was just getting on here today to post a clarification on the class ring. Don't know if it will make much difference, but in the spirit of maintaining as much accuracy as we can, I thought I should mention it. Upon closer inspection, the script "L" in the blue stone of the class ring is not IN it after all. Meaning- it is not 'inlaid' as we thought. It is actually etched ON TOP OF the stone, like, it's tangible. One can feel that it has been carved into the top of the stone, and then likely a gold paint was put in it to make the "L" stick out. Some of the gold has flaked off by now. So if the info on this ring is to be posted elsewhere, or perhaps if there are still letters going out, it might be prudent to make this slight change in the wording...what do all of you think?
warmly, sloane

Sloane, it is great to read your post! I missed you you, friend:blowkiss:. Yes, I agree that this is very important information. The "L" may still stand for the Mascot, Robert E. Lee; however, it may also stand for the original owner's first or last name or perhaps for her boyfriend's first or last name.

I may need to track down the name and phone number for the REL (now LEE) HS librarian to ask her if she recalls seeing rings with this type of engraving.

Lion

Thank you Lion-
I do miss spending more time here...spread a little thin lately! (Aren't we all?) :)
I agree that it may mean nothing and that the "L" may still mean exactly as we thought before, but I think it a wise move on your part to talk w/ the librarian again and ask her if she remembers this. (If you don't mind--thanks!) It seems she would have mentioned it before ("corrected us"), but maybe she didn't think of it.
Has anyone responded to any of the letters being sent out lately?

I have not been to this site in awhile, but did we ever find any yearbooks for Robert E. Lee High School? Has there been any communication with any of the class presidents? Princess Blue was found in Sept. 1990 right? Class presidents generally round everyone up for class reunions. I wonder if there is any one female that consistently does not come to the reunion and for which the reunion committee can never find contact information?

I believe this girl went to that high school at some point. She may be from a class as far back as 1985 and she may be from the 1993 class. All the known information about her is "best guess" except her DNA and her jewelry.

Is there more than one Robert E. Lee high school? I'm sure there is, I'll go google.

Salem

I have not been to this site in awhile, but did we ever find any yearbooks for Robert E. Lee High School? Has there been any communication with any of the class presidents? Princess Blue was found in Sept. 1990 right? Class presidents generally round everyone up for class reunions. I wonder if there is any one female that consistently does not come to the reunion and for which the reunion committee can never find contact information?

I believe this girl went to that high school at some point. She may be from a class as far back as 1985 and she may be from the 1993 class. All the known information about her is "best guess" except her DNA and her jewelry.

Is there more than one Robert E. Lee high school? I'm sure there is, I'll go google.

Salem

Salem, we got the 1975 yearbook and have copies of it on a google document site. Originally, people were going to take different blocks to research and find all they could on every person in the 1975 grad case. But, sadly people got busy doing other things. There is actually quite a bit of info that some of us have uncovered and RKnowley was primarily responsible for that. She rocks!

RKnowley and I and perhaps a few others try to keep her threads alive, and she is never far from our hearts. I enjoyed working with you and the other wonderful group when we first started out over a year ago. We made a darn good team!

www.someoneknowsme.com

Princess Blue was the inspiration for our site.

Jaded, I will never forget when you first started skm and how our beloved Princess Blue inspired you to do it. I have such good memories of us all working so diligently together. Those were some of my most memorable times on websleuths, and I would so love to continue our search here. We even have a forum here thanks to our dear Christine!

With my recent back surgery and the craziness that is my life right now, I feel bad that I haven't devoted the time to the site, nor to the hunt.

I really think that I need to get some co-admins who would like to take over for me for awhile over at skm. Any volunteers? Seriously, I feel like I am just doing a horrible job with all the drama in my life right now.

I also have skm pens. I ordered 500 of them. They're actually really nice. I leave them at businesses to raise awareness of the site.

With my recent back surgery and the craziness that is my life right now, I feel bad that I haven't devoted the time to the site, nor to the hunt.

I really think that I need to get some co-admins who would like to take over for me for awhile over at skm. Any volunteers? Seriously, I feel like I am just doing a horrible job with all the drama in my life right now.

I also have skm pens. I ordered 500 of them. They're actually really nice. I leave them at businesses to raise awareness of the site.

Awe, Jaded I wish I could help you. I have a bit on my plate as well or I would consider, friend:blowkiss:.

Cool that you have skm pens! When you can why not post a pic of one for us to see?

what all do you need an admin to do, and how much time does it take? I might be available, but won't knw for a week or so. Doc is talking hospitalization again, but I am fighting it , so I have to wait to see who wins before I can commit. If you can give me an overview, I can let you know whether or not I feel capable right now.

what all do you need an admin to do, and how much time does it take? I might be available, but won't knw for a week or so. Doc is talking hospitalization again, but I am fighting it , so I have to wait to see who wins before I can commit. If you can give me an overview, I can let you know whether or not I feel capable right now.

Barb, I can't help you with your questions about skm, but I wanted to wish you well concerning your health:blowkiss:.

RKnowley and I would love it if you could help us find out which of the missing young girls'/ladies' DNA are in CODIS per a post from a while ago if you are still willing or able to help us with that. I understand you need to take care of yourself, and that may be priority one. I really wanted to tell you that I am sorry that I didn't get back with you sooner, and that whenever you are ready we would gratefully accept your help:).

Barb - I second Lion's well wishes and hope all went well with the doctor and continues to go well for your health.

Lion - how did you narrow it down to one school? Was there only one Robert E. Lee high school in 1975? When I google I got at least a hundred hits. Overwhelming.

I would be happy to help go through the year book. I'm thinking maybe this young woman got the ring from her mother or her aunt? I'm sure that is what everyone else is thinking also. Let me know how to go about pulling names from the yearbook.

Jaded - I'm sorry I can't help with your site. I remember when you started it also. I wish you well with your back and any other health issues. Like you and Lion, I have plenty of drama in my life also. How does that happen? I'm such a quiet person......

Salem

Nothing more than making sure no spammers get through and maybe taking responsibility for a state or two to make sure that missing/UID are on the forum.

LR, I'll post the pics of the pens.

I hate that I can't spend as much time as I want working on PB. I think my kids will all be gone next week and I hope to pick up where I left off.

Barb - I second Lion's well wishes and hope all went well with the doctor and continues to go well for your health.

Lion - how did you narrow it down to one school? Was there only one Robert E. Lee high school in 1975? When I google I got at least a hundred hits. Overwhelming.

I would be happy to help go through the year book. I'm thinking maybe this young woman got the ring from her mother or her aunt? I'm sure that is what everyone else is thinking also. Let me know how to go about pulling names from the yearbook.

Jaded - I'm sorry I can't help with your site. I remember when you started it also. I wish you well with your back and any other health issues. Like you and Lion, I have plenty of drama in my life also. How does that happen? I'm such a quiet person......

Salem

Hi Salem:). About a year ago or so we were able to obtain a copy of a pic of the actual ring from the side view. It clearly says "Robert E. Lee High School" and "Houston" on the ring. There are many REL high schools throughout the nation, including one also in San Antonio. But, there was only one REL high school in Houston. So we are sure it is the correct high school. REL changed its name to Lee High School since 1975.

Please PM RKnowley about how to get a hold of the google docs of the 1975 grads. I don't know how to do that:crazy:. I have the tech ability of a three year old at best--lol. Much work has been done, but we need help. Thank you so much for offering to take a look:).

Nothing more than making sure no spammers get through and maybe taking responsibility for a state or two to make sure that missing/UID are on the forum.

LR, I'll post the pics of the pens.

Thanks Jaded:). I would love to see pics of the pens, too!

Hi Salem:). About a year ago or so we were able to obtain a copy of a pic of the actual ring from the side view. It clearly says "Robert E. Lee High School" and "Houston" on the ring. There are many REL high schools throughout the nation, including one also in San Antonio. But, there was only one REL high school in Houston. So we are sure it is the correct high school. REL changed its name to Lee High School since 1975.

Please PM RKnowley about how to get a hold of the google docs of the 1975 grads. I don't know how to do that:crazy:. I have the tech ability of a three year old at best--lol. Much work has been done, but we need help. Thank you so much for offering to take a look:).

There is a link in the Princess Blue forum for the docs, I am almost certain -- I will take a look and link it. I do believe we also attached it on the forum in .pdf form so it would be easily printable for those who wanted to send off letters, and the database would require a gmail account (free) and an admin from skm giving permission to alter. We were taking blocks at a time and noting when we sent letters.

Salem

~Snip

My Son went to Robert E. Lee High School all 4 years in Baytown, TX which is about 30 miles south of Houston.

Sly

The ring, dated 1975, couldn't have been hers if she was between the ages of 17-21 and her skeleton was discovered in 1990.

Could she have been dating someone older, someone married or could it have belonged to one of her parents?

Usually those rings are sentimental.

Sly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members