Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
this is my first post, though I have been following this thread with great interest (and a bit of light entertainment thrown in) since its beginning. I was just looking thru some photos by the Herald Sun and came across this one of a police command centre set up on Busby Road near where and soon after ABC was found. Googled Busby Road and didn't come up with any such road in that area. Does anyone know where this might have been? Just made me curious as too the actual location. Thanks and you guys are awesome, just saying!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pictures/gallery-e6frf94x-1226336989408?page=23

WELCOME :cheer: ... I don't know the answer to your question, so Ill stick with the 'welcome'. lol

Just drove by the "old" (so I'm told) C21 in Kenmore. Doors are open and there's some construction action going on in there. Don't know what it means, but will keep an eye out. Maybe Mom & Dad are opening up shop again?

Maybe they're refurbishing for new tenants? Is the C21 signage still up and looking good? I thought they'd re-leased it perhaps?

Hi all,
this is my first post, though I have been following this thread with great interest (and a bit of light entertainment thrown in) since its beginning. I was just looking thru some photos by the Herald Sun and came across this one of a police command centre set up on Busby Road near where and soon after ABC was found. Googled Busby Road and didn't come up with any such road in that area. Does anyone know where this might have been? Just made me curious as too the actual location. Thanks and you guys are awesome, just saying!
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pictures/gallery-e6frf94x-1226336989408?page=23

Morning, and welcome :)

There is no Busby Road out that way as far as I know, but I think the command centre was set up in Bunya St, just off the Mt Crosby Rd near Kholo Creek, if memory serves me correctly. So maybe the reporter got the Busby and the Bunya mixed up?

Hi all,

Hello Justamum and welcome. You are right ... I just googled it too and I tend to think they must have the name of the road wrong ... I had a look at the Anstead map and can't even find anything like Busby Road! :aktion1:

Thanks for the welcome guys, and yes the Bunya mix up makes sense, thank you :)

There is no Busby Road out that way as far as I know, but I think the command centre was set up in Bunya St, just off the Mt Crosby Rd near Kholo Creek, if memory serves me correctly. So maybe the reporter got the Busby and the Bunya mixed up?
Brookfield rd is sometimes referred to as Brooky rd, wonder if that could be it, just a stupid thought of mine ????????

Hi & welcome Justamum...there were a couple of mistakes made in media at different times. There is a Busby Road at Algester, which is another suburb of Brisbane although nowhere near Brookfield or Kholo/Anstead region. There was also another report which mentioned Birkdale, instead of Brookfield, which is also nowhere near the locations.

Yep Bunya St...

April 30, 2012

The police forward command post has moved to the intersection of Bunya Street and Mt Crosby Road

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-body-found-20120430-1xu2l.html#ixzz20vl12QJ4

Hi & welcome Justamum...there were a couple of mistakes made in media at different times. There is a Busby Road at Algester, which is another suburb of Brisbane although nowhere near Brookfield or Kholo/Anstead region. There was also another report which mentioned Birkdale, instead of Brookfield, which is also nowhere near the locations.

to the clever MW. i want to change name to Squiz do u know how to do that:banghead:

Really? Birkdale? I missed that one and the Algester one.. wow thats way out. Neither are really anywhere near Brookfield and Birkdale is really the other end of town.

no honey it is the girls fund and not separate. i just decided to fine fans for a bit of fun and something for the girls , i thought it was afun way of contributing a little, then i deciced i would match the fines as well

Perhaps if we were fined for offtopic posts we would have a fortune to give!.. I know I would have racked up a bit yesterday..

Actually speaking of off topic.. It appears one of my posts from last night was deleted- though it was not off topic. It was in relation to some info posted in the previous thread..all of which seems to have been left so not sure why mine was deleted.. I understand the off topic stuff was moved but.. Was hoping somebody may have been able to elaborate on my question I had posted, but it appears to have vanished.

I hear that hyphenated names are the new black

I heard they are dangerous and can be used as a weapon.

I'd love somewhere to go to talk about the Perth murder trial too. It sounds like this case in that they have a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I'm trying to think of something Allison-related so I'm not chit-chatting! What are the chances G dropped something or left some evidence of his somewhere? In the Perth case it sounds like it was greatly assisted by the accused dropping a name tag, and also wrecking the car on a bollard so it could only get a certain distance from the burial site. G wouldn't have been as smart as the accused barrister, but the barrister was alleged to have done it alone, and didn't have a wiley old assistant. IMO!

I heard they are dangerous and can be used as a weapon.

I'd love somewhere to go to talk about the Perth murder trial too. It sounds like this case in that they have a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I'm trying to think of something Allison-related so I'm not chit-chatting! What are the chances G dropped something or left some evidence of his somewhere? In the Perth case it sounds like it was greatly assisted by the accused dropping a name tag, and also wrecking the car on a bollard so it could only get a certain distance from the burial site. G wouldn't have been as smart as the accused barrister, but the barrister was alleged to have done it alone, and didn't have a wiley old assistant. IMO!

I say the chances are very high GBC dropped something (or more than one something) somewhere. Suspect QPS have way more evidence than that of which we are currently aware.

All sorts of things coming out in the Rayney trial for example that have never been heard before. Same will happen here.

Agree, need a Rayney thread.

:twocents:

JMO MOO

Perhaps if we were fined for offtopic posts we would have a fortune to give!.. I know I would have racked up a bit yesterday..

Actually speaking of off topic.. It appears one of my posts from last night was deleted- though it was not off topic. It was in relation to some info posted in the previous thread..all of which seems to have been left so not sure why mine was deleted.. I understand the off topic stuff was moved but.. Was hoping somebody may have been able to elaborate on my question I had posted, but it appears to have vanished.

What was your question Unfolding??

What was your question Unfolding??

I am not sure now if its something we aren't allowed to post. But it was in regards to talking about another possible mistress and I wasn't getting the hints that were given. I won't say anymore. Somebody has now elaborated for me and I think I'm on the same page now, lol. Don't think names or anything were mentioned, but guess its been deleted for a reason.

I am not sure now if its something we aren't allowed to post. But it was in regards to talking about another possible mistress and I wasn't getting the hints that were given. I won't say anymore. Somebody has now elaborated for me and I think I'm on the same page now, lol. Don't think names or anything were mentioned, but guess its been deleted for a reason.

I didn't see anything that I thought shouldn't be there, but you never know. Unless there was a glitch in the system?

I didn't see anything that I thought shouldn't be there, but you never know. Unless there was a glitch in the system?

Its ok..Possibly got lumped in with the off topics maybe. But probably should stop talking about it now..or I'll get time out in the corner for more off topics!:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes