2009.05.19. Casey Anthony Civil Hearing @ 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kathy...U have it down.:clap:..no question with that look..sorry patty, my curiosity was killing me...:woohoo:

Was the end of the video the actual end of the hearing? It looked like the judge took everyone into chambers. He gestured that way, and all the attorneys' stuff was still on the tables and floor.

thanks for the link/video

first time i heard someone say...child molester....hmmm....could that be where JB is going with this case???

also....casey's att....said "why would CA lie under oath"......:rolleyes:....doesn't he know that lieing is not a crime....and its ok to make miss-truths/half truths....

I know!

Never heard child molester at all in this case before. At first I thought Kasen just messed up and meant kidnapper, but then he said it again.

And I laughed out loud at him saying "why would Ms. Anthony lie?" He obviously has not been paying attention.

I know!

Never heard child molester at all in this case before. At first I thought Kasen just messed up and meant kidnapper, but then he said it again.

And I laughed out loud at him saying "why would Ms. Anthony lie?" He obviously has not been paying attention.

I wonder if that is part of a required skill-set to become part of her legal team?

I know!

AND he obviosuly hasn't read any of her statements to the police (under oath). IIRC all the talk about what ZG looked like did not come into play until later - like AFTER ZG filed a law suit. KC sure didn't describe ZG in her original statements and GA and CA made no effort early on to say that this is NOT the ZG. Not to mention that THIS ZG drove a silver car with NY plates on it and didn't KC claim that HER ZG had connections in NY?

Kasen. Judge R responded to it, and to me, sounded offended, but I'll have to watch again when the tape is up to see if that was a correct interpretation.

p.s. @LIN - TY for the explanation of what 'splitting the baby' means in legal circles.

That refers to an old King Solomon story, from the Bible.

Two women claimed the same baby. Solomon offered to split the child, and give half to each. One woman begged Sol to give the baby to the other woman, thus sparing its life.

Hence the REAL mother, the woman who would rather give the baby away than let it be killed, was revealed. The King gave the baby to her.

I have two questions about the homeowners insurance.

Is it possible that it would cover civil suits against family members living in the house, i.e. KC?

Since many homeowner's insurance policie have an intentional injury exclusion is it unlikely that it will provide coverage after Mitnick callled this an intentional act?

Two women claimed the same baby. Solomon offered to split the child, and give half to each. One woman begged Sol to give the baby to the other woman, thus sparing its life.

Hence the REAL mother, the woman who would rather give the baby away than let it be killed, was revealed. The King gave the baby to her.

Seems we've come a long way since biblical days. Nowadays, there are plenty of woman who would rather kill their child than give it away. :eek:

Enough already with the "finger", where Cindy's head is, jewelry etc. This is a positive day for Zenaida!

And, it seems, also a positive day for the criminal case. Morgan's careful attention to details in this civil case is creating official sworn statements that can be used in the criminal trial and might not otherwise be easily attainable from such hostile witnesses.

Yeah it was that used car salesman Kasen who used the metaphor first.

Who said that?

I just love your picture of the Anthony's...the one on the right...they look like proud parents...like their daughter just graduated Magna *advertiser censored*-Laude from the most prestigious college in the country.

And, it seems, also a positive day for the criminal case. Morgan's careful attention to details in this civil case is creating official sworn statements that can be used in the criminal trial and might not otherwise be easily attainable from such hostile witnesses.

No kidding. It's hours later and I am still doing my lil' happy dance.

I feel as if Morgan & Morgan (& Mitnik) are pushing the case forward in a direction very beneficial to the prosecution, and towards justice for ZFG AND Caylee.

And I'm lovin' it.

It's brilliant. And JB let it happen.

No kidding. It's hours later and I am still doing my lil' happy dance.

I feel as if Morgan & Morgan (& Mitnik) are pushing the case forward in a direction very beneficial to the case, and towards justice for ZFG AND Caylee.

And I'm lovin' it.

It's brilliant. And JB let it happen.

JB helped it happen!! He and the A's are helping to put that needle in KC's arm in a backwards kinda way!:rolleyes:

Looks like I may not have been half right after all; haven't seen anything showing CA was actually added as defendant, maybe added as proof of publication? And here I am again doing that happy dance right along w/you, PotatoHead, and it's way past my bedtime. :)

Here's two clips of Kasen & Mitnik talking to the media after today's hearing. Thought it was pretty interesting and hopefully I'm not posting old news. Scroll down a bit in the article and there are two videos, both about 2.5 minutes.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...sey-anthony-civil-case-051909,0,6769805.story

Is this guy for real? 'If they'll put in writing that they'll drop the suit then we'll clear their client...' Isn't that a lot like saying, 'Yes, we've defamed their client repeatedly and want to hold on to our option to continue but if they give us $100 we'll quit defaming their client...'

Looks like I may not have been half right after all; haven't seen anything showing CA was actually added as defendant, maybe added as proof of publication? And here I am again doing that happy dance right along w/you, PotatoHead, and it's way past my bedtime. :)

Let's get our groove on and dance right through until Thursday's hearings.

On second thought, Thursday will be another big day and we'll need your sound input, so SLEEP, perchance to scheme! :crazy:

Let's get our groove on and dance right through until Thursday's hearings.

On second thought, Thursday will be another big day and we'll need your sound input, so SLEEP, perchance to scheme! :crazy:

I'd sleep if I could stop laughing --- I'll be stealing that line regularly, count on it. Very much looking fwd to the Thursday hearing and have my calendar all clear. Cy'all then!

Upon reflection, both minutes of it, seems like a smart move to wait until after depos are fully done to add anyone to the suit. Then let the games (and financial digging) begin! See, they're going to want to show how the defendants profited from the defamation. Their motivation wasn't likely to harm this particular woman as a revenge kind of thing but instead, to create a false "alibi" or false "sondi" defense as well as further their personal fame and finances. The pecuniary gain derived from this tort will only add to the damages and damage to the defendants. heh heh heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288