GUILTY MO - Eddie Salazar, 8 months, Carthage, 4 February 2010

Hope this baby is found and is okay. When I started reading the thread, all I could think of was Aveion Lewis. :(
BBM
Me too.
I wasn't around yesterday so I didn't see the case from yesterday. Going to look for it now!

What is wrong with people??? This is just an innocent baby!

I hope Eddie is found safe just as little Christian Guevera was after his surprisingly similar abduction yesterday.

I may have missed it since I was reading so quickly, but where is his mother? Was she is the home also?

Praying for little Eddie to be brought home safely.

What is wrong with people??? This is just an innocent baby!

I hope Eddie is found safe just as little Christian Guevera was after his surprisingly similar abduction yesterday.

I may have missed it since I was reading so quickly, but where is his mother? Was she is the home also?

Praying for little Eddie to be brought home safely.

One of the articles said mom was at work.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/...ge-police-looking-for-missing-8-month-old-boy
Carthage police chief Greg Dagnan tells KSHB-TV in Kansas City that early information indicates the abduction was random. He says early information on the suspects is so vague officers aren’t sure where they might be headed

If LE is right about it being random that would be really bizarre.

Carthage's crime statistics are very low and this kind of thing happening is extremely rare. I would still like to find out if this family was involved in drugs. I tried to find info about drug arrests in Carthage but had haven't had much luck.

I have been reading conflicting reports which could be jsut bad reporting saying there were other adults home and if that is the case then the big question is if there were other adults in the house then what in the world were they doing? How could the perps have time to ransack the house, beat the dad unconcious and steal Eddie if there were other people there?

Updated Feb 5, 1:15 PM CST
Galena, Kansas police searched an Allied Waste Services disposal site after being contacted by the Carthage Police Department. Carthage police were following up on a possible lead, but nothing was found.
http://www.koamtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11939060

LE is keeping its bases covered, not totally sold on the kidnap; other articles indicated multiple neighborhood searches. If they're searching the immediate vicinity and the waste disposal site for that area, they perhaps do not feel the child was taken away.

Police: Nearly 100 officers searching for missing Carthage boy

“Searches are still continuing in logical areas where the child might have been left,” he said.

[Not much new here, but the most recent Joplin Globe update]

http://www.joplinglobe.com/local/local_story_036162443.html?keyword=topstory

I also missed this the first time around, from the Carthage paper's article:

Boswell said she saw a tow truck come in early Friday morning and take the family’s car.

Hmmmm.....sounds like they're checking out a possible crime scene.

http://www.carthagepress.com/news/x655689910/UPDATED-CARTHAGE-CHILD-KIDNAPPED

Had to eat my words over on Christian's thread (hinky meter-wise), thank God! But if they are already searching landfills - I agree with wfgodot - not completely sold on the masked kidnapper story...

wfgodot - Was typing my post and just saw your update...Yep, sounds like another Aveion "story."

Carthage police Chief Greg Dagnan, in a press conference this afternoon, told members of the media that the abduction of a Carthage boy does not appear to be a custody issue of any sort and officials are treating it as an abduction by a stranger.

As many as 100 officers, including those from the FBI, members of the Missouri Highway Patrol and numerous local officers, are continuing their search this afternoon for Eddie Salazar, an eight-month old Carthage child who was reportedly abducted from his home at 227 E. Mound St. in Carthage late Thursday night.
“We are working very hard and doing everything we can to find this child,” said Carthage Police Chief Greg Dagnan.
Dagnan, during the press conference, said the names of the parents are not being released yet.
“They are clearly upset right now, going through a lot,” he said.
Dagnan said the initial call came in at 11:04 p.m. Thursday and an Amber Alert was issued within an hour or so.
A Highway Patrol spokesman said the child was dressed only in a blue “onesy” and there is extreme concern about the child’s exposure to the weather conditions today.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/homepage/local_story_036163516.html?keyword=leadpicturestory

wfgodot - Was typing my post and just saw your update...Yep, sounds like another Aveion "story."

Yep, they sound a tad skeptical. They're doing the right thing: take the father at his word and sound the Amber Alert, then search like heck for what some feel is a more logical solution.

At a news conference on Friday afternoon, Dagnan said the father isn't sure whether one or two men wearing black clothing attacked him. Dagnan said the father is the only adult in the home who was awakened. The attack left the father unconscious. The house was ransacked and the child was taken.
An older sibling was in the home but wasn't harmed. Other adults in the home weren't awakened. Eddie's mother wasn't home but Dagnan, without going into details to protect the family's privacy, said it isn't unusual for her to be away from home at 11 p.m. The chief said the child was being properly supervised.
Dagnan says, at this point, the crime seems "isolated and random" but it's not unusual to find out later in investigations like this that it's not random. He said it's hard for him to see the parents as suspects, although nothing is ruled out until the crime is solved.
Dagnan said investigators are developing more concrete descriptions of suspects. He said he'd heard about a traffic stop in the area early Friday of two men with a baby but doesn't know if it's related to the kidnapping.
http://www.ky3.com/news/local/83621557.html

Keeping it on the low-down to keep the POI in a comfort zone, but...they took the car, father beaten unconscious - yet no other adult was awakened...Wonder if the other child also slept so soundly.

From HLN News...

Police have a few leads they're following
not releasing much information or possible motive

Basically nothing new reported. WSer's are more on this than any media... as usual.

Sorry to be so skeptical but gee they need a new script..

This is the same story told about the little sweet boy from Roanoke Va..the mom was at work,3 strangers beat the step-father,he later confessed and child was found in the local land fill...it is so sad
There needs to be a law..that if you don't want your child..you should not be responsible for child support and not be punished if you just take them to LE and give the child away instead of abusing and selling and destroying their precious life.
I hope this child is safe, every hour counts but with an infant every second counts.Prayers are with you sweet child..

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/83621557.html

Article with some local comment. Carthage has a large illegal immigrant population of Hispanic and Asians. They work in the local chicken and chicken-byproduct plants.

Do they usually tow the family car so soon in a case?

The Missouri Highway Patrol and the Carthage Police Department have issued an Amber Alert for a missing Hispanic infant from Jasper County.

Authorities say 8 month-old Eddie Alegandro Salazar Jr., was last seen when two masked men allegedly broke into the family's home at 227 E. Mound around 11 p.m. last night. Eddie Salazar Sr., told cops that the suspects assaulted him while he was asleep on a couch, and rendered him unconscious before they ransacked the house and kidnapped little Eddie.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2010/02/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-baby.html

Prayers for baby Eddie & his safe return....I don't want this case to end up like little Aveion's. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back