MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember not Icarus.

Alas, my Greek mythology knowledge is weak.

Son of master craftsman Daedalus, who assists his desire to escape from Crete by making him a pair of wings with which to fly. He is warned not to fly too close to the sun as the wax holding the wings in place will melt. Icarus, showing forth the desire to attain life's pinnacle, with all the exuberance of youth, does indeed fly too close. And into the sea he goes.

Not really the same thing unless the burglar is prepared to check every room for a cell phone...I don't think that is why these phones were taken, if they were. Not even sure there was a reason, not one that makes sense; why would a random kidnapper think those were the only phones in the house, with all of those closed doors?

I feel like it was an impulsive act, not really thought through at all.

But why not just call 911 or Poison Control? It makes no sense to stage an elaborate kidnapping scheme over an accident.

I think those that do stage a kidnapping were doing something else wrong to begin with.....like drugs. Or maybe left a child alone and unsupervised. They have a need to cover up their own criminal behavior.

Oh I agree but like you said, we don't know what, if anything may have been the reason for a cover up. We know she's still married and has custody of her 6 year old son. Son's dad and family haven't seen the son in 6 years, IIRC. Why?

Did she panic? Would she lose custody of her 6 year old? Just a theory.

:floorlaugh: done that more than I will ever admit.

I've actually been getting out of my car, talking on the phone and looking for it at the same time lol

Maybe this has been asked.......
Do the parents have allot of financial problems?
Could this be staged?
Baby sold to someone?
Does anyone know if the dad was unemployed before this first night shift?

This picture has always left me scratching my head. It is very early pictures right after Lisa went missing. I cannot place who in the immediate family is sitting on the front steps to Lisa's house. It doesn't look like JI to me - but then again my eyes are going blurry.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/04/3187547/officials-search-for-10-month.html#slide-4

I thought I remember seeing JI with the same clothes on as the person on the steps, I remember him wearing a dark hooded sweat shirt in an interview. :waitasec:

Maybe he did? LE had commented some days ago that this did not pan out, no link just now...

Yes, I saw his comments. But I took it to mean that 'it did not pan out' as in --
we do not know if it is something that happened or not.

I think if a neighbor had come forward and said it was them walking into their home with their baby then the answer from LE would have been that it was an erroneous sighting and is meaningless. He seemed to be saying that he did not
know what to make of it.

He also said he felt the neighbor was credible. So I think it may be important. It is actually the one thing that makes me think that the parents may be telling the truth.

Remember that little sweetie in canada, Kienan I think, who was taken from his home from the crazy man? *shudder*

I remember not Icarus.

Alas, my Greek mythology knowledge is weak.

He would have a crash landing.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus"]Icarus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Not really the same thing unless the burglar is prepared to check every room for a cell phone...I don't think that is why these phones were taken, if they were. Not even sure there was a reason, not one that makes sense; why would a random kidnapper think those were the only phones in the house, with all of those closed doors?

Agree; a random intruder wouldn't know there weren't other phones or a land line. Neither would a random intruder who had his/her hands full carrying a 10 month old baby out of the house bother to pick up the phones off the kitchen counter which was steps away from getting out the front door and a successful kidnapping. Not to mention the cell phones tracking the kidnapper's movements unless they were discarded immediately.

Does anyone know if the dad was unemployed before this first night shift?

I don't believe he was. Just that this particular job called for night work. It's not that uncommon when doing commercial work.

I've actually been getting out of my car, talking on the phone and looking for it at the same time lol

I have had the coffee pot in hand looking around on the counter and table to figure out where I set the coffee cup which happens to be in my other hand.

Could have been a guy carrying out trash....?

I dont have a link but I do recall reading here via link that when the man walking around mid night w a baby in only a diaper, he pretended he was walking into a home when he saw the witness drive by in a car.. Might be wrong, going off memory.

jmo

I'm sorry, I meant that you can't open it from outside if you don't have a key. It locks automatically when you shut the door so no one can come in unless you have a key.:)

TY cuz I was sitting here imagining some elaborate secret tunnel system. :floorlaugh: :)

Agree; a random intruder wouldn't know there weren't other phones or a land line. Neither would a random intruder who had his/her hands full carrying a 10 month old baby out of the house bother to pick up the phones off the kitchen counter which was steps away from getting out the front door and a successful kidnapping. Not to mention the cell phones tracking the kidnapper's movements unless they were discarded immediately.

When, really, it would take mere seconds- grab them and shove them in your pockets. Hopefully, it's their undoing, as I'm wondering if the supposed 2:30am phone call was actually a "butt dial."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth