What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSmith - as Judge Perry said in the hearing yesterday - it's the law, you may not like it, but it's the law - paraphrased. JB is going after the law now, but this tactic won't hold up in court. The court upholds the law, not whining about unfairness.

lol Yeah, but it seems Defense is going to try it anyway? They have been committed to this path for the longest time, if their motions are any indication. jmo

During the trial, I think we're going to hear a lot of OBJECTION! and Overruled!, and see a lot of :banghead: at State's table.

I take your point. Judge P is ever vigilant and firm in his regard for the law.

Strategy, I don't believe there is an exact strategy...I think Mr.Baez approached this trial the same way he approached law school....on a wing and a prayer.

I think his attitude is harming his client (I don't really care but...) and his posturing and pomposity only serves to alienate the public as does his barely masked disdain for the court.

I don't know if he thinks this is winning any brownie points but a lawyer who's predominant abilities include, misdirection, petulance and self-aggrandizement isn't really looking out for his clients best interests.
I believe he has caused this tempest in a teacup to promote himself and to he77 with Casey Anthony. I'm guessing his strategy is to make as much money, fame and fortune as he can off this case before it all comes crashing down, write a book and retire rich JMO.

I guess he isn't that good at planning a strategy either.....

The strategy currently IMO, dazzle them with dumbness at the convention.
Lure unsuspecting expert witnesses that have no clue about Casey to form a defense friendly opinion, and lie lie lie, deny deny deny.

Recent musings on this topic:

Doctor Spitz has got the yips
And Laura's gone to h*ll.
The party pics
Make most folks sick,
And the Henkel tape sticks
In the craws of those in the know.

Conway said no way
Miller's a pillar
Hizzoner don't rule like they hoped.
With bombshells a-droppin
And the clock ticky tocking,
Just what's a defense team to do?
Oh what's a defense team to do?

Well Done! :great:

JB's pocket square is fancy
His ethics are chancey :loser:
His motions are rough
HHJP stays tough
JB hasn't a clue
and nothing is what he will do!

The End. :floorlaugh:

so JB is going to try to do the OJ Simpson route in trying to show the labs are not up to standards. So he is trying to get an expert who is in charge of section in another Lab. Excuse me, but wouldn't this expert be biting his own foot? I mean what if one day a job opportunity came up at the Lab he will talk crap about. I don't get that, not only that, wouldn't his peers look at him as a traitor?

I mean it is one thing if they have clear evidence or an on going investigation at a Lab. Past bad practices at a Lab are just that. I would think the argument would be "Yes the lab had problems in the past, but because of those problems they were all identified and corrected years ago, now the lab is the best in the USA. LMAO

Valhall has assembled a comprehensive timeline of this case on the Hinky Meter- it must have taken her ages to organize all that information, and it's wonderfully presented. Be prepared, once you start reading, you won't do anything else for several hours. There is a lot of material there I had read and long ago forgotten, so it's great to see it all in timeline form.

Right now, I don't believe there is a defense strategy. Their TES strategy is in shambles with an ongoing investigation wrapping up soon. Who knows what the results of that will be.

The experts are also in a state of confusion. Baez had hoped a meeting with some of his experts would yield some new defense strategy. As of now, he has 10 days on two of them and a little longer on two more. He should have had his entire strategy down by now as far as the forensics are concerned.

He will attack the sniffer dogs and the sniffer machines. He will fight the root growth and the bugs. Will they fit together? Who knows. Will this testimoy fit together with what experts who have not written reports yet will have to say? Even he doesn't know.

He has until May 9 to get his case together. That's when we will have opening statements. That's about 94 days from now, assuming he works on the weekends.

If the court appearances he has made so far are an indicator of how he is at trial, this will be laughable. I think all reputable, experienced trial Attorneys in the Orlando area ( and in the TV audience) will find his 'strategy' and performance cringeworthy.

so JB is going to try to do the OJ Simpson route in trying to show the labs are not up to standards. So he is trying to get an expert who is in charge of section in another Lab. Excuse me, but wouldn't this expert be biting his own foot? I mean what if one day a job opportunity came up at the Lab he will talk crap about. I don't get that, not only that, wouldn't his peers look at him as a traitor?

I mean it is one thing if they have clear evidence or an on going investigation at a Lab. Past bad practices at a Lab are just that. I would think the argument would be "Yes the lab had problems in the past, but because of those problems they were all identified and corrected years ago, now the lab is the best in the USA. LMAO

I've been kind of wondering about this approach? I mean he is trying to use a forensic botanist to argue that forensic botanists are incapable or inaccurate at accurately estimating how long a body has been on the ground based on plant growth. That seems sort of counter productive and downright career suicide for the botanist, doesn't it?

Right now, I don't believe there is a defense strategy. Their TES strategy is in shambles with an ongoing investigation wrapping up soon. Who knows what the results of that will be.

The experts are also in a state of confusion. Baez had hoped a meeting with some of his experts would yield some new defense strategy. As of now, he has 10 days on two of them and a little longer on two more. He should have had his entire strategy down by now as far as the forensics are concerned.

He will attack the sniffer dogs and the sniffer machines. He will fight the root growth and the bugs. Will they fit together? Who knows. Will this testimoy fit together with what experts who have not written reports yet will have to say? Even he doesn't know.

He has until May 9 to get his case together. That's when we will have opening statements. That's about 94 days from now, assuming he works on the weekends.

No can do. He's going on vacation soon.
I wonder where in Chicago he'll actually be? I'd love to "bump in to him."

Sorry if this has been posted before...IMO - LIE. Again, JMHO.

lol Yeah, but it seems Defense is going to try it anyway? They have been committed to this path for the longest time, if their motions are any indication. jmo

During the trial, I think we're going to hear a lot of OBJECTION! and Overruled!, and see a lot of :banghead: at State's table.

I take your point. Judge P is ever vigilant and firm in his regard for the law.

Yes, I think the defense plans to disrupt the proceedings to a degree never seen before. They'll tag team with "objection!" and there will be the "overruled!" time and again. But it will be CONSTANT and they'll succeed in disturbing the flow of any narrative by every witness. It's going to be obnoxious.

There will be coughing, laughing, dropping pens, papers, mics, loud yawns and exaggerated eye-rolling.

They may settle down when they're ordered to by the Judge, just short of being held in contempt, but then start back up again.

I think it's all they have. They're probably practicing their noise skills right now, because that's their level of maturity.

The jury will hate them. I hope there's a verdict in 31 minutes.

Yes, I think the defense plans to disrupt the proceedings to a degree never seen before. They'll tag team with "objection!" and there will be the "overruled!" time and again. But it will be CONSTANT and they'll succeed in disturbing the flow of any narrative by every witness. It's going to be obnoxious.

There will be coughing, laughing, dropping pens, papers, mics, loud yawns and exaggerated eye-rolling.

They may settle down when they're ordered to by the Judge, just short of being held in contempt, but then start back up again.

I think it's all they have. They're probably practicing their noise skills right now, because that's their level of maturity.

The jury will hate them. I hope there's a verdict in 31 minutes.

I don't think HHJP would put up with it. I could see an "in chambers" quick exit with defense and SA in tow. It happened when I sat on a jury. Plaintiff's attorney (much like JB) tried that and the judge stopped everything, the jury was sent back to our little room and we sat there for a good 1/2 hour. When we came back plaintiff's attorney was toned down quite a bit. Licking his wounds I'm betting. So I do not see HHJP putting up with JB's nonsense and in light of what is going on I would not be surprised to see the judge tell them to play nice before the trial because there will be santions to make the other one look insignificant in comparison.

Defense's actions do reflect on their client and I don't see CM or AF doing anything unprofessional during the trial. This is JB's last chance to redeem himself. In the end, after the verdict, he will state he has done everything possible to save his client's life. If you have criminal tendencies, he'll be your hero because you will know he is willing to stick his neck way out there for you.......(well, provided your a 10). Small little detail there I almost forgot to mention.

Wacker Drive???? Wacker Drive????? Just tell me it is not so..... That is way to funny to even think about. Sort of like a "Wack Attack" by JB. :floorlaugh:

I'm sooooooo sorry. How imature of me.

Yes, it runs all along the Chicago River.. a very good place to stay when visiting Chicago.

Too bad JB's report from Dr Rodgrigues, a man he's never shown a thing to or even spoken with, but who for sure will be at the conference- is due to be filed about 2 hours before the conference actually starts if I calculated correctly.
I'm totally smitten with BP :)

What happens if...and or when, Baez gets none of the remaining reports in, and or loses all support from most of his expert witnesses?

Can he then just throw up his hands and say, the state of florida won't allow me to put on a vigorous defense for my client. (calling foul on the justice system)

Left sitting at his defense table, telling the Jury of all misdeed the state has done against his client, her right for a fair trial, blah blah blah
she's being railroaded.

And pray that the jury revolts against the justice?

I'm simply miffed on his defense strategy to be honest.

Well Done! :great:

JB's pocket square is fancy
His ethics are chancey :loser:
His motions are rough
HHJP stays tough
JB hasn't a clue
and nothing is what he will do!

The End. :floorlaugh:

He's a man who is sharp dressed
But stumped by those bar tests

His motions while quite flawed
Show his client is still in awe.

The seat of his pants must have wings now you know
the destination however has yet to be shown.

The deadline for the early reservation discount is fast approaching. If he doesn't book soon, I hope he buys travel insurance. HeeHee:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆