*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this mean, I wonder? BBM

Many of the injuries were from bullets but a handful were the " result of the chaos and trauma in the theater."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_21118...ot-at-aurora-movie-theater?source=most_viewed

There was a guy on the news tonight, he was there and you could see his forehead had a brushburned/bruised look to it. He said it happened while he was trying to get out of there. So I would suppose they mean those types of injuries sustained. JMO, thats how I took it.

I realize I am a nobody around here like anyone else who posts on forums like this but I can tell you there is very, very, very slim chance that this was a terrorist attack, the hallmarks and signatures of Islamic Terrorism are not in evidence and it is of great importance that some group or groups stand up and take responsibility for this. All we have here is some kid, perhaps mentally ill, who has experienced some sort of trigger that set this rage that has been building in him off. That is all we have here, IF there were any chance at all that this was a terrorist attack the FEDS would be taking full advantage of that and screaming it from the rooftops.

am trying to understand this...

James Holmes cant find a job
James Holmes went back to school for a PHD and it cost money.
James Holmes is renting an apartment
James Holmes is on a gun shopping spree for months
James Holmes has a 2 door white car
He had a master's degree and worked part time at Mcdonalds.

Who is FEEDING James Holmes with the money and all of these?

Father is a senior software manager and mother is a nurse but he is damn 24 years old?

This Jarell Brooks is a true hero! Before I knew the whole story, I saw Jamie Rohrs and GF interviewed on CNN. My first reaction was: what do you mean you left the theater and drove around in your truck?! Without your children? Without your girlfriend?!

I cannot state with 100% certainty - as I have never been in his situation, but I can say there is a 99.99% chance I would never put my baby down and leave that room. No matter what was going on! I am 100% sure I wouldn't walk to my truck and drive away.

Thank God for Jarell Brooks who put his life on the line to save 2 children and a young woman - all strangers to him. Jarell should be recognized for his brave actions.

I know this couple got engaged in heat of emotions, and that's all warm and fuzzy. This girl, however, should understand that she is going to marry the man who walked (probably ran) out without his kids.

She should actually marry the 19 yo hero, Jarell Brooks. He's the one her family can rely on when bullets start flying!!!

~Amen I get fight or flight... but seriously WHO would drive OFF with out your loved ones? maybe I'm over analyzing but she can bet if ANYTHING ever happened again his reaction would be the same. What he did was his "gut instinct" no way around it... for what ever reason.

moo

KUDOS Jarell Brooks! YOU are commended sir!

Father is a senior software manager and mother is a nurse but he is damn 24 years old?
He could have been blowing up his credit cards. Especially if he knew he wasn't going to be a free man much longer his spending didn't matter on those cards. And also his parents probably do have a little bit of money. From what I understand they lives in a nice area.

Clearly the "person" had mental issues..what and how many times does this have to happen before people step up and mega rich insurance companies do to and start providing better coverage for mental health...Ugh, all so horrific, God Bless the victims and all involved..

I realize I am a nobody around here like anyone else who posts on forums like this but I can tell you there is very, very, very slim chance that this was a terrorist attack, the hallmarks and signatures of Islamic Terrorism are not in evidence and it is of great importance that some group or groups stand up and take responsibility for this. All we have here is some kid, perhaps mentally ill, who has experienced some sort of trigger that set this rage that has been building in him off. That is all we have here, IF there were any chance at all that this was a terrorist attack the FEDS would be taking full advantage of that and screaming it from the rooftops.

Having the hallmarks of an ISLAMIC terrorist attack does not mean it is not a terrorist attack. Everyone calls Oklahoma City a terrorist attack, even though only two American citizens were involved.

What does this mean, I wonder? BBM

Many of the injuries were from bullets but a handful were the " result of the chaos and trauma in the theater."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_21118...ot-at-aurora-movie-theater?source=most_viewed

I would assume it means that some people fell or dove for the floor and were stepped on in the ensuing panic.

I've long considered how easy it would be for a "terrorist" - whether a true terrorist or simply some high school kid who thinks it would be a great prank - to start a stampede at a crowed sporting event (football game, nascar race, etc) with nothing more than a few smoke grenades or bags of talcum powder. :notgood:

What is particularly troubling about this case, outside of the obvious (innocents were murdered), is the fact that this guy may have made/received a call to/from someone prior to the attack. ( link, see 1 minute mark ) If he actually made contact with someone, it would be so easy to ditch the phone during the ensuing panic... a phone that could have been a burner phone, and thereby not even be registered to him, making it tough for LE to sort out.

I listened to the witness interview, and he said that JH answered a phone call. It may have been JH making his own phone ring (no incoming call) and using that "call" as an excuse to slip out the back emergency exit. Otherwise it would have looked a little suspicious and someone could have taken more notice.

The good thing, though, is that LE has all the phones dropped in the room - and all the stuff that JH had on his person and in his car. I'm betting they are looking at every phone there. Any phones with calls in or out during that time period will be closely scrutinized. They would be very interested in any phone(s) that JH had with him - because there could be many other clues about his actions in a phone.

I think there may be some kind of legal definition that is somewhat new - like in the Patriot Act or similar . If intent is to terrify then harm - then kill people that are complete strangers to a person - possibly that can be considered when charging. So maybe not only State Laws were violated - also Federal. I do not know for certain.

<modsnip>

The James Holmes there is not Jimmy

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...ul/20/holmess-father-is-anti-fraud-scientist/
According to reporting by San Diego Reader editor Matt Potter, the father of the suspected Colorado mass murderer is almost certainly an anti-fraud scientist at a San Diego company. He is Robert M. Holmes, senior lead scientist at the San Diego office of Minneapolis-based FICO, New York Stock Exchange-listed company that was formerly named Fair Isaac.

PhD programs don't cost money. He would have his tuition paid and be paid a small stipend.

Clearly the "person" had mental issues..what and how many times does this have to happen before people step up and mega rich insurance companies do to and start providing better coverage for mental health...Ugh, all so horrific, God Bless the victims and all involved..

I agree with you re: mental health coverage - it is important. The problem here is, however, I have not heard about any evidence (yet) that indicates that this guy 1) thought he had a mental health problem, 2) was identified by anyone else as a mental health problem, or 3) even had health insurance.

I'm not sure your proposal would have stopped this idiot - or any others that have done similar things.

You are 100% correct in saying: God Bless the victims and all involved. There's no sense in this mess.

He could have been blowing up his credit cards. Especially if he knew he wasn't going to be a free man much longer his spending didn't matter on those cards. And also his parents probably do have a little bit of money. From what I understand they lives in a nice area.

yep, parents could be paying for his activities :(

Is Mr. H still in the facility?

You bet he is! In isolation... on "suicide watch" :shutup:

I am hoping... his plan to blow the APT BLDG up PRIOR to his movie rampage...
that turned out to be a "dud" is just that! ~moo
From what I gather it's the "bottles of liquid" that has the bomb squad concerned the most.

If the wrong thing was released into the enviornment then they are dealing with a whole different animal!

For instance just "say" it's Thallium in the containers... (a dirty bomb)
maybe the "bomb" experts would be safe after decontamination but what about the surrounding area where it was released into the air people breathe in and around the area?

100's more could die... slowly... over a period of time...
or mass evacuation of the area until the area can be cleaned up....
doesn't thallium cause "radiation sickness" and eventual death?

It's a thought... I'm NOT a SCIENTIST... so I probably have my facts about thallium WRONG... It was just an example...

IMO it's all the wicked act of one person, but at this point who knows!:banghead:

I'm awaiting to hear more of his computer activity foot print. I beleive he was active on the internet but unsure exactly how and where. I know they think it's him on AFF and another forum. I'm amazed how fast his supposed online postings went poof.

I haven't heard anyone suggesting that he exhibited any sort of mental health issues.
So I fail to see how better mental health care would have solved anything.
Isn't gun control a much more obvious solution to that sort of problem? Which seems to be a regular occurrence nowdays?

His dad has pretty impressive resume

The senior Holmes has a PhD in statistics from Cal-Berkeley, a Master's in biostatistics from UCLA, and a bachelor's in mathematics from Stanford. Over the last ten years, he has developed predictive models for financial services, and credit and fraud risk models. He is one of several scientists who patented a predictive model system used to detect telecommunications fraud

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/weblo...ul/20/holmess-father-is-anti-fraud-scientist/

if Jimmy graduated with highest grades at UCR, why is he failing his PHD program?

You bet he is! In isolation... on "suicide watch" :shutup:

I am hoping... his plan to blow the APT BLDG up PRIOR to his movie rampage...
that turned out to be a "dud" is just that!
From what I gather it's the "bottles of liquid" that has the bomb squad concerned the most.

If the wrong thing was released into the enviornment then they are dealing with a whole different animal!

For instance just "say" it's Thallium in the containers... (a dirty bomb)
maybe the "bomb" experts would be safe after decontamination but what about the surrounding area where it was released into the air people breathe in and around the area?

100's more could die... slowly... over a period of time...
or mass evacuation of the area until the area can be cleaned up....
doesn't thallium cause "radiation sickness" and eventual death?

It's a thought... I'm NOT a SCIENTIST... so I probably have my facts about thallium WRONG... It was just an example...

IMO it's all the wicked act of one person, but at this point who knows!:banghead:

Sorry I was inquiring about a different Mr. H that someone mentioned . Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle