TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pullhair:

I am bewildered-help!

I can figure out how we got from active SAR searches to cop/pastes from blogs. and meth corridors.

Where is Holly and where is the best way to look for her?? If LE is following along here, as Oriah mentioned, there has to be a way for us to be able to help them with some solid sleuthing, or have we exhausted it all?

SoutheastCanine SearchandRescue
August 11 at 7:00am until August 12 at 1:00pm
Holliday TN
The family's search for Holly Bobo will continue on August 11th and 12th. We will be meeting at 7am again and working until about 1pm. We will announce where we will meet as the search gets closer.

Anyone who would like to register for the search should go to http://www.southeastk9sar.org/Search_Pre-Registration.html. You must pre-register to search. This saves us 2 hours on the day of the search.

If you can't be there, but would like to provide anything else that you think would help please contact Chris Williams at (931) 209-8863.

Must be 18 years old to search.

It is also my understanding that CUE may be here again in August.

Bump. Maybe Team WS can present a strong showing, not that it hasnt already. Can we get this on the front page and perhaps ask if this can appear in Banners across all forums??

Dang. Could have sworn I just posted something here, and it's gone now. It's a haint, this place, a haint, I tell you!!

Anyway, I was going to suggest that David Lohr of Huffington Post would be a good ally in investigating this case; he writes about true crime and a nice series from him on the Bobo matter would be quite welcome. I think he's written about it before.

But we need more, now.

FYI...

Isabelle Zehnder's articles from the Examiner are allowed.

Ima

He already is, I think. I don't know about the writing aspect, but he comments on many of the social media sites re: Holly's case.
Which ones? I need to bookmark, plus, if he's on there, follow on the Twitter. Going to check now.

ETA

followed! @David_Lohr

Dang. Could have sworn I just posted something here, and it's gone now. It's a haint, this place, a haint, I tell you!!

Anyway, I was going to suggest that David Lohr of Huffington Post would be a good ally in investigating this case; he writes about true crime and a nice series from him on the Bobo matter would be quite welcome. I think he's written about it before.

But we need more, now.

Has anyone tried Disappeared? Dateline, 48 hours....any of those?

Has anyone tried Disappeared? Dateline, 48 hours....any of those?

IIRC, the Bobos had tried all of the above and got put on a wait list of sorts? (I am really bad with tv related stuff.) I will try to find out.

It is incredibly depressing to me that these are the outlets that the families of MP's need to seek out. And even more than that, that there is a wait list. There is not enough time in the day to find them all. :(

There has never been a description of the abductor's hair color has there?
Did Clint's description ever include a hat?

There has never been a description of the abductor's hair color has there?
Did Clint's description ever include a hat?

Not that I'm aware of. All I remember Clint saying is the perp was dressed in full camo. If that includes a hat, it wasn't specified. I recall many of us trying to figure out what full camo meant. Did it include a hat? Gloves? etc.

That question to this day has not been answered. Along with a gazillion other questions.:moo:

Yes, I remember we talked about full camo being topped with a camo bonnet of some sort during turkey season.

What do teenagers and young adults in Parsons do for fun besides hunting on weekends? I sound like a broken record but I never get answers so I keep asking. Do they hang out at a favourite bar/club? Coffee shops? Do they go to the movies?

Where was Holly the night before her exam? Was she hanging out with Drew? If so, where? His house? Her house? With friends? If friends, who? Close friends? Acquaintances? Were they drinking? Bars? Pool halls?

I would be of no use on the SAR thread for Holly, as not only have I never been to that part of the country, but I am pretty bad at reading maps...

As far as what the "kids" do there for fun-we've lost all of our locals. Maybe someone else from the general area knows. I think there was talk of a concert a day or two before? That maybe Clint had attended, if not Holly.

I would be of no use on the SAR thread for Holly, as not only have I never been to that part of the country, but I am pretty bad at reading maps...

As far as what the "kids" do there for fun-we've lost all of our locals. Maybe someone else from the general area knows. I think there was talk of a concert a day or two before? That maybe Clint had attended, if not Holly.

I believe it was said Clint didn't go to the concert but listened to part of it on the phone since a friend called him from the concert.

While tipping my cap to the sheer dedication of ground searchers, I think most cases by this time are solved - if they ever are - by tips from the public, something solicited by LE early on but not so much, at least actively, now.

Right. A concert. That he did not attend according to my sources, apparently, but we can't discuss because it's considered rumour...so here we are a year later still guessing. I'm tired of the guessing game.

While tipping my cap to the sheer dedication of ground searchers, I think most cases by this time are solved - if they ever are - by tips from the public, something solicited by LE early on but not so much, at least actively, now.

Exactly. Or luck by someone other than a searcher happening on remains whilst doing whatever normal activity they do (farming or hunting or whatever). That. Or a perp apprehended for another crime tying them to another missing person case. As was the case with Amber Dubois.

Heck for all we know the perp in this case is dead or already in prison. No follow up on the 2 sex offenders. Yay or Nay. I'll go with nay since we haven't heard a peep.

ITA...As n/t said, a lot of missing persons are discovered by the random public who just happen on the body.

n/t, this is not directed at you, just using your post to jump off of.

There are many, many caring people who talk about finding Holly, about press releases (or a lack thereof), about LE and how they're not doing anything, about how much WSers care about this missing young woman, about how cases are kept alive via social media etc. Yet here on WS's- which is essentially a rather large social media site focused on crime- one that is monitored by LE just as facebook, tumblr, topix, twitter, etc are... there is zero participation in Holly's actual SAR thread.

That makes me really sad, and I don't understand it.

What would we post there ?

I'm not going to be able to post any information about anything that is discovered during a SAR search.

I could put posts there that announce upcoming searches, and the dates, photos from the searches afterwards that are posted online by the searchers, but that's all I can think of.

Most cases of what are solved by tips? Abducted women? Let's keep in mind that not all cases are the same -- not even all cases of missing or abducted women -- so I think it would be stretching things to suggest that most cases are solved by any one type of information.

But not to diminish the value of tips -- but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have? The lack of a suitable Facebook page? I mean, let's say someone knows something -- they know that Holly was abducted, they know this is a bad thing -- what really does anyone think would be holding them back from calling it in?

I'm sorry, I guess I think better of the public -- the same people participating in ground searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong