Human Predators Stalk Haiti's Vulnerable Kids

If you blow up the main photo, it looks like Jorge is really suffering there....in front of the yachts.

I think the headline translates to "I have arranged to give myself up to El Salvador".

I hadn't seen this before. It is dated 1/31/10:

http://www.sharingjesus.org/

"WE WERE CONTACTED TODAY BY CNN, NBC AND ASSOCIATED PRESS REGARDING A STORY OF MISSIONARIES TRYING TO TAKE CHILDREN FROM HAITI INTO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC...APPARENTLY OUR WEB NAME SHARING JESUS HAD BEEN GIVEN TO THE MISSIONARIES AS AN ORPHANAGE WHERE THE CHILDREN CAME FROM....THIS IS JUST SUPPOSITION AS NO ONE KNOWS OF ANY ORPHANAGE IN CARRE FOUR FEUILLES CALLED SHARING JESUS....ONLY TIME AND MANY REPORTERS WORKING ON THIS STORY WILL TELL....."

I see no mention anywhere on this site about a "well known pastor" by the name of Jean Sanbil/Sanvil/Sainvil. Make sure you click on the "Partners in Ministry" button to read the churches and pastors who are involved with this group. There are a number of churches listed from Georgia but I don't see a single link between any of the churches with a website and a Pastor Jean Sainvil.

I could be totally wrong but I'd sure like to see someone stand up and wave their hand in the air if they truly belong to Pastor Sainvil's church.

MissIzzy, in my earlier post and the link in it,

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4835544&postcount=597"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Human Predators Stalk Haiti's Vulnerable Kids[/ame]

the "pastor" claims he has 25 churches in the countryside.

He (Jean Sainvil) said that he first met Silsby on Jan. 27 in the town of Ouanaminthe on the Haiti-Dominican border..

That's the northern border crossing, which makes that date hard to believe.
We know Silsby flew in on Jan 21/22.
On Jan 24 she met Ms d'Adesky at the Lino Hotel in Sto Domingo.
She also went to Cabarete, east of Puerto Plata.
On Jan 29 she got caught coming back at the southern border crossing in Malpasse.
That would mean she was only in Haiti proper on 27/28/ & 29.
And that she did an awful amount of miles in both countries.
It would also imply that Sainvil flew into Puerto Plata. Why, if his destination was Port-au-Prince??

Then why doesn't his name come up on the Sharing Jesus site? Why does the name he willingly gives of his church not come up? What church is he sitting in as he gives his interview? I have a hard time imagining that another pastor or congregation didn't look askance at a film crew setting up to film a good looking pastor in their back pew. Every church that seemed linked to Sharing Jesus Ministry happened to have a pastor who is white. Sainvil is Haitian.

I did, however, find some evidence that the man might exist (I feel like I've fallen down the Where's Waldo? hole). There's also a female, MSainvil, who shows up at this address. Contrary to what I originally thought, the name is not very common at all.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Georgia/Atlanta/sold/20700258-2934-Appling-Way-Atlanta-GA-30341

The sales dates only 4 months apart in '05 for a loss is the only odd thing I see.

i.b.nora--I was trying to be like the Baptists but neither way would work. If anyone else has a trick, let me know.

Jeff--It sounds like you have a strong grasp on intercountry relations between Haiti and the DR. I've been to Port au Prince three times but never any where else on the island. I've also had a son's former fiance do her residency in brain surgery in the DR so I have some input from her. I don't think most folks have any grasp, however, on just how protected that border is between the two countries or how much disdain many (of course, not all) Dominicans have for the Haitians. If these issues would be examined, I think people would get a much better view of how ludicrous this whole scheme was.

We really are talking about something akin to a group of Germans taking a busload of kids from Monterey, Mexico to Dallas with the plan of setting up an orphanage.

Could you speak to this issue if you would be so kind.

That's the northern border crossing, which makes that date hard to believe.
We know Silsby flew in on Jan 21/22.
On Jan 24 she met Ms d'Adesky at the Lino Hotel in Sto Domingo.
She also went to Cabarete, east of Puerto Plata.
On Jan 29 she got caught coming back at the southern border crossing in Malpasse.
That would mean she was only in Haiti proper on 27/28/ & 29.
And that she did an awful amount of miles in both countries.
It would also imply that Sainvil flew into Puerto Plata. Why, if his destination was Port-au-Prince??
Not only all of that but... by Wednesday Feb 3rd, Rev. Jean Sainvil is located by reporters and is pictured inside the sanctuary (and, also outside) of Gospel Assembly Church which he pastors, Wednesday Feb. 3, 2010, in Norcross, Ga.

Maybe, he does different churches on different days?

For being so ill, Pastor Sainvil looks awfully hale and hearty in the interview. JMO

I do realize that small churches can borrow or rent space from more established churches but to have NO record of a church by that name in that county? I wish someone local would see our thread and fill us in.

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//100204/480/4e784fb6ac7c4965a6b19ad3a15d134c/

This photo shows Pastor Sainvil standing in front of a "storefront" church with a sign propped in the window which clearly says Gospel Assembly Church. I guess it is possible that if it is tiny and new, he might not be listed anywhere on church registries. It almost looks more like what I would call a rescue mission (note the graffiti) possibly somewhere in the Atlanta area. Here's another photo from inside the church:

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//100204/480/92bddefaf7ef4a908f4d243f7b663c5c/

These two photos "fit". What doesn't fit for me is that this pastor of such a humble church would have the funds to fly back and forth to Haiti nor to do mission work there. And I wonder why Silsby would refer to him as "well-known" and affiliated with the Sharing Jesus Ministry, when they deny any connection.

Unless, of course, he was funded by Silsby and Silsby decided to somehow connect him with a well known mission group.

I'm finding more and more of interest as I re-look at earlier statements made by Silsby:

"But Laura Sillsby from the Idaho group told Reuters from a jail cell at Haiti's Judicial Police headquarters, "We had permission from the Dominican Republic government to bring the children to an orphanage that we have there."

"We have a Baptist minister here (in Port-au-Prince) whose orphanage totally collapsed and he asked us to take the children to the orphanage in the Dominican Republic," Sillsby added.

"I was going to come back here to do the paperwork," Sillsby said. "They accuse us of children trafficking. This is something I would never do. We were not trying to do something wrong."

Ms. Silsby, Prime Minister Bellerive of Haiti has accused you of knowing what you were doing was wrong. So, is this an old conversation or do we still have a Baptist minister (head of an orphanage, Phill Murphy??) who supposedly asked Silsby to save his kids? Pastor Murphy is mentioned in detail at the link I provided above on getreligion.

So, is anyone keeping track? How many pastors and flim flam men are we looking for? And Jeff, I realize that it was proven wrong, but the statement was still made. This causes me to question the veracity of anything Silsby says.

There is a Haitian church in Norcross run by Pastor Seneque Saintil.
I think he is also from New Orleans. I guess its a Baptist Church.
Its located at:
5225 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Norcross, Ga. 30093.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this isn't somehow connected to Jean Sainvil.

An article:http://bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=32144

Church's Haiti focus shifts to orphans

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 | by Paul F. South

Now, pastor Seneque Saintil of the 150-member Mitspa Haitian Baptist Church in Norcross, Ga., plans to lead a team to Haiti in a mission that has taken on greater urgency.

There is a Haitian church in Norcross run by Pastor Seneque Saintil.
I think he is also from New Orleans. I guess its a Baptist Church.
Its located at:
5225 Jimmy Carter Boulevard
Norcross, Ga. 30093.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this isn't somehow connected to Jean Sainvil.

Unrelated. The pastors don't look alike.
The Mitspa Haitian Baptist Church is duly registered with the GA Sec of State.

No trace there however of Sainvil, Gospel Assembly, or Eglise Assemblee (the sign in the window).

I found Isaac Adrien, the young man who served as Silsby's scout. Seems that he's the director of the Children of Promise. I thought he was simply a young man who helped Silsby connect with some desperate parents:

http://www.echildrenofpromise.org/N...53/Haitian-Childrens-Homes-Are-In-Rubble.aspx

"I would like to say that we all can be very proud of Isaac. He has done a great job in the midst of this traumatic event. He and his brother, Steve, begin translating today with the relief efforts being coordinated by Quisqueya Christian School. They felt God wanted them to sign up and volunteer.”

Note: Isaac was sponsored through Children of Promise for many years, was raised at the House of Blessings Orphanage, and is now the director of the Children of Promise program in Haiti. He is a living example of what sponsorship does in the lives of children."

http://www.echildrenofpromise.org/

I wonder if Judge Sainvil has interviewed Isaac.

Even though Phil Murphy is mentioned on the Children of Promise website along with Isaac Adrien, Mr. Murphy has distanced himself from the Silsby group:

http://haitihouseofblessings.org/

Phil Murphy Wrongly Linked to Haiti Orphan Drama

"The Lake Wales Ledger recently published an article detailing the unfortunate error made by the New York Times in falsely linking Phil Murphy with the 10 Americans detained in Haiti for attempting to illegally transport 33 children out of the country. Phil has no connection to the 10 Americans who tried to take children."

http://www.theledger.com/article/20...itle=Man-Wrongly-Linked-to-Haiti-Orphan-Drama

I guess if it says it on the internet, we need to believe it.

Thinking about the timeline of who was where when. Silsby went to the orphanage where the Pickett kids were and tried to 'get' them. Do we have a date for that? Anyone know?

Answering my own question:

Sunday, Jan. 24: Silsby offers to help

Silsby makes the first of three phone calls to Richard and Malinda Pickett of Kentucky, offering to help get their three adopted children out of Haiti. The family tells her not to interfere.

Monday, Jan. 25: Silsby calls again

Silsby calls the Picketts for the last time offering her help to get the adopted children out of Haiti. The family refuses.

Tuesday, Jan. 26: Quest for orphans

• Orphanage worker Isaac Adrien meets Silsby in Port-au-Prince. He says Silsby tells him she is looking for homeless children.

• Silsby attempts to find the three children awaiting adoption by the Picketts, Richard Pickett says. The children were not given to her.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/newsupdates/story/1071122.html

Has anyone found any mention as to the name of the orphanage where the Pickett kids were? In a huge city, fraught with turmoil, how did Silsby find those particular children?

Were they at one of Phil Murphy's House of Blessings homes or how about Isaac Adrien's Children of Promise?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back