South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a great event, though. If they were celebrating pinktshirt day, they should have been wearing pink, my Son came home today from school COVERED in pink marker!! Peace signs all over him :)
“David Shepherd, Travis Price and their teenage friends organized a high-school protest to wear pink in sympathy with a Grade 9 boy who was being bullied…[They] took a stand against bullying when they protested against the harassment of a new Grade 9 student by distributing pink T-shirts to all the boys in their school.
‘I learned that two people can come up with an idea, run with it, and it can do wonders,’ says Mr. Price, 17, who organized the pink protest. ‘Finally, someone stood up for a weaker kid.’
http://www.pinkshirtday.ca/about/

I think one is up, Lawrence...

I just went nuts uploading over there. I doubt there will be anything that people following the case have not seen scattered around news articles and Facebook and such.

I just went nuts uploading over there. I doubt there will be anything that people following the case have not seen scattered around news articles and Facebook and such.
I SAW that! Great work...thanks...:blowkiss:

Hey all - was just doing some thinking (uh oh!) and a little thought came to my silly mind. Probably one that's already been discussed here and probably one that's duh common sense but I'll post it anyway. I was thinking about a situation I recently had in school in which I was being harassed by a classmate and my school failed to to do anything about it (wow big surprise!). anyway, I was thinking back to that time and how when I finally started to tell people - professors, dean of students, director of my program, campus police, etc. - how I was scared of what my classmate would do if he was confronted about his behavior by one of these people. I was very worried that it would send him over the edge and he would end up going really crazy and murder me or something. When I finally told my mother what was going on it was also a fear she had, but of course it did finally get to the point where I had to let all of these people know, however it was a very hard decision because as I said, I was worried about what would happen both if I didn't say anything and if I did.

The point of my very long story is that it's likely Phoebe didn't approach anyone about her situation because she was afraid of what would happen. Let's face it - a girl tells someone in charge that these girls are saying mean things to her or pushing books out of her hand and honestly it's gonna take her reporting things like this a million times before anything real is done to help her. First they would probably just "talk" to the girls 5 times. Then maybe detention. Then suspension. Then they'll probably just get more mad at her because she's getting them in trouble. It seems like not even worth it to tell anyone what's going on because it's just going to make things worse. And it's very possible she begged her mom not to go to the school. Obviously a mom will only listen to that to a certain point, if at all, if she thinks it's going to make things worse for her daughter. I know when my mom got involved before she did anything she would tell me and make sure I was okay with it but at one point she was like "I don't care, this has to stop, I'm calling and I'm doing something whether you want me to or not".

Anyway this is probably common sense and has already been talked about but it's just something that popped into my head.

Also, I posted a link to this video on the Phoebe Prince Memorial Page on Facebook and they actually made it a link on their page today. I absolutely love this song and when it came on my iPod on a drive this weekend it immediately made me think of Phoebe. It never fails to at least choke me up a bit, it's a really beautiful song.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIKznMPXUk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIKznMPXUk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

k I'm done. thanks for reading if you made it this far :)

That makes an awful lot of sense bear14. I remember when I was at school and I was bullied by someone in my class, I just couldnt imagine my mum coming in "making a fuss", for one thing I would have been totally humiliated never mind being scared of this persons reactions to being "squealed on" and i was only 9 at the time so I can imagine being a teen in that situation would be much more difficult as you have some bit of a reputation to protect, you might feel that you would be a laughing stock and if you were already being ridiculed that might just too much to bear.

Those kids really missed the whole idea and mark about what the peace rally should be about. IT shouldn't be about THEM. It should be about holding their education chain responsible for failing all of them. Screw them and their feelings. Especially piggy Fogerty. Peace. Peace. Someone should educate them better. And that guy singing..my ears are bleeding.

More of those photos made me tear up

OH! I just had the most disturbing thought. Was there ANYTHING around Phoebe that was found that she could have possibly stood on to tie the scarf and then jump off of? There has to be or...

That makes an awful lot of sense bear14. I remember when I was at school and I was bullied by someone in my class, I just couldnt imagine my mum coming in "making a fuss", for one thing I would have been totally humiliated never mind being scared of this persons reactions to being "squealed on" and i was only 9 at the time so I can imagine being a teen in that situation would be much more difficult as you have some bit of a reputation to protect, you might feel that you would be a laughing stock and if you were already being ridiculed that might just too much to bear.

yep pretty much. I'm 23 and haven't lived at home in 3 years so it was kind of humiliating having my mom come in and make a fuss at college, ha. but a mum's a mum whether you're 1 or 100 and I had reached the point where I gave up so she took over.

I can only imagine being in high school and having that reputation to protect. Plus add to the fact that Phoebe was still the new girl from Ireland with an accent and "different" ways, she was a freshman while these girls were 2-3 years older than her, these girls were apparently popular and on sports teams, plus relationships with boys were also involved. I can definitely understand her not wanting to bring it up and as I believe Darby O'Brien said when it came out she had tried to get help, she must have been terribly desperate at that point.

The school should have seen and known what was going on and taken actions whether or not Phoebe stood up for herself or not. I always thought my high school was a huge piece of crap but I know if ANY faculty ever witnessed one student yelling at another in the middle of a lunchroom or any of the other things they did to Phoebe it would have been handled immediately. It wouldn't matter what kind of student it was, the one yelling would be taken to the vice principal's office or where ever and the student getting yelled at likely would have been asked if he/she wanted to talk to a counselor or something along those lines. There were just too many instances where this behavior occurred for a teacher or someone in charge to not have seen it and the lack of action taken is just despicable.

More of those photos made me tear up

yea same here :\ they really break my heart. she was happy, having fun, being a normal young teenage girl. these girls completely broke her in 4 months. ugh... :(

Oh yeah, she's grieving alright. Give me a break. These girls are sociopaths. They are self serving and feel no sense of remorse at all! Its just sick!

RIP PHOEBE!

I think you've nailed it. Just a shame that these freaks ruin the lives of people who may have contributed to society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member