ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBE. Ok, I'm playing devil's advocate a bit now with my post. They *should*, according to you and those that think like you. Let us assume that the DiPietro's are innocent, as hard as that may be for the majority to assume. Now let us assume that LE thinks they are guilty of something, which appears to be the case. For the DiPietro's and CR to come out talking to the media or to open questions by LE, puts them in a position where everything they say can get twisted or misinterpreted and could eventually end up with them getting arrested and even found guilty and sent to jail. Now...most of you will say something like "well, if it was my child that was missing, I wouldn't care about myself or going to jail. I would just do everything I could and talk to everyone in hopes to find her". Well, not everyone thinks like that. If these people are innocent, why risk going to jail when nothing they can say or do can help get Ayla back? This same opinion applies to the Bradley case and probably others that I don't follow as well.

Maybe I've watched too many true life interrogations on TV to know just how brutal LE can be. If an innocent person has been subjected to that, I can see why they would not want to endure it again.

But it comes down to avoidance behavior. People avoid what they fear. It's actually very insightful to what people may be thinking. What is the bigger fear?

In cases like this one and in Lisa Irwin's, what do people fear more? Going to jail, or never knowing what happened to their child? A good example of that is the Dirk Schiller case. His mother went to prison in East Germany for years, because the fear of not knowing what happened to her child was greater than going to prison. It's a matter of priority.

In this case, it's apparent that Trista's fear of not knowing where or what happened to Ayla out weighs her fear of ending up in prison. If she is innocent of any wrong doing, then her fear of going to prison is most likely small, and really not knowing where Ayla is is most likely huge. . .actually probably all consuming.

From Justin's behavior it would seem that his fear of going to prison is greater than his fear of not knowing what happened to Ayla. It's easy to follow the logic. If he knows what happened to Ayla and he was responsible in some way, then it would be logical that he would fear getting caught and going to prison. It would also be logical that his fear of not knowing what happened to Ayla would be non-existent because he would already KNOW what happened to Ayla. :doh:

I think it is why so many people say things like, "If my child disappeared, I would. . ." Because people can imagine how horrible the anxiety and fear of not knowing where or what is happening to your child would be. That fear would be so traumatic and all consuming that everything else would pale in comparison, including being falsely accused, arrested, tried and sent to prison.

MOO

I think it is why so many people say things like, "If my child disappeared, I would. . ." Because people can imagine how horrible the anxiety and fear of not knowing where or what is happening to your child would be. That fear would be so traumatic and all consuming that everything else would pale in comparison, including being falsely accused, arrested, tried and sent to prison.

MOO

Respectfully snipped by me

If one of my boys vanished I'd be dead inside. Prison wouldn't matter anymore. In fact, I'd gladly go to prison, innocent and all, if it increased the chances of my boy being found. I would not hesitate even a second to trade my life for my kids' lives.
I am not saying this out of self glorification or anything. In fact, I would wager most moms/dads would feel the same actually. Thankfully. Or we might have even more weird cases than we do now.
In any event.
Agreeing with your above post Hambirg.

hambirg and kavya ~ I completely agree. I can say without a doubt that if my child or grandchild were missing I would fall apart. I would plead for that child. I would do anything LE asked of me, without hesitation. I also cannot say that I would have the courage and strength to go on living. The not knowing wouild be the ultimate form of torture. The fears, the thoughts of my loved one suffering would be unbearable. My days and nights would be an endless nightmare, while the damn clocks would tick-tock without knowing something was wrong in my world. My feeling of complete helplessness would probably be more than my mind could tolerate.
My heart aches for those who have had to suffer through such an ordeal. Loving parents react instinctively. I think a parent who would never harm their child would not hesitate to beg and plead, offer anything, to get their child back. Forget the weak excuses about being shy, too distraught or whatever JD claimed. When it is your child, if you care, you stand up and speak out for that child. You have to. It's your child. You don't hide, hire an attorney, let others speak for you. Well, not if you have nothing to hide...............
Sorry, but this is IMHO

:seeya: Sorry to be Off-Topic here :innocent:

BUT, I thought I would post this since it is so close to Waterville ... AND ... "drug related" ...

snipped from : http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...sing-florida-firefighter-case/?ref=relatedBox

“It’s a drug-related homicide,” said Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.

Wow ... Mr. McCausland certainly has his "hands full" : Ayla's case and now this !

snippets from : http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...r-revealed-blood-skull-fragments-but-no-body/

BELFAST, Maine — Blood drops and skull fragments found in a Jackson home led police to arrest Daniel Porter, 24, of Bangor in the case of a missing firefighter from Florida, according to new information from Waldo County Superior Court.

The police report in the murder of Jerry Perdomo, 31, of Florida, was released Wednesday morning.

Police arrested Porter on Tuesday afternoon and called the case a drug-related homicide.

There is a thread here at WS for Jerry : Found Deceased FL - Jerry Perdomo, Orange City, 15 Feb 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh, I do NOT believe there is a "connection" -- BUT -- the drugs -- this is a serious problem that is absolutely out of control ...

MOO ...

Whoops just figured it out - AH is Angela Harry who runs the blog and Facebook "This Little Light of Maine."

She is a friend of the DiPietros and has explained their story several different ways, even going on the record in the MSM several times.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/website-for-ayla-reynolds-generates-some-controversy_2012-01-23.html

ETA:

TR - Trista Reynolds, Ayla's mother

PD - Phoebe DiPietro, Ayla's grandmother

People in Waterville House the night Ayla Disappeared:

JD - Justin DiPietro, Ayla's father
ED - Elisha DiPietro, Ayla's Aunt
GD - G. DiPietro, Elisha's baby/Ayla's cousin
CR - Courtney Roberts - Justin's girlfriend
(Also Courtney Roberts child)

LD - Lance DiPietro, Ayla's Uncle, arrested for street-beating of . . .
JL - Justin Linnel, father of G. DiPietro

BR - Briana Roberts, Courtney's sister, arrested in drug bust
Mentioned Here - Nancy Grace Transcript

AH - Angela Harry, blogger and friend of DiPietros
Mentioned Here and Here

DT - Derek Tudela, State Farm Agent - sold Ayla's life insurance
HD - Heidi Tudela, mother of Derek (cousin of Angela Harry?)
Mentioned On Yahoo News - Life Insurance Story Littered with Discrepancies

Steve McCausland - Police Spokesperson

Not for nothing, Thoughtfox, and you've been here on WS for much much longer than I have, but maybe you should remove little GD's full first name from your list of players? She is a minor that is not being sleuthed and her identity should still fall under our protection, correct? I've shortened it in the quote I used above...

:seeya: Sorry to be Off-Topic here :innocent:

BUT, I thought I would post this since it is so close to Waterville ... AND ... "drug related" ...

snipped from : http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...sing-florida-firefighter-case/?ref=relatedBox

“It’s a drug-related homicide,” said Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine Department of Public Safety.

Wow ... Mr. McCausland certainly has his "hands full" : Ayla's case and now this !

snippets from : http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...r-revealed-blood-skull-fragments-but-no-body/

BELFAST, Maine — Blood drops and skull fragments found in a Jackson home led police to arrest Daniel Porter, 24, of Bangor in the case of a missing firefighter from Florida, according to new information from Waldo County Superior Court.

The police report in the murder of Jerry Perdomo, 31, of Florida, was released Wednesday morning.

Police arrested Porter on Tuesday afternoon and called the case a drug-related homicide.

There is a thread here at WS for Jerry : Found Deceased FL - Jerry Perdomo, Orange City, 15 Feb 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh, I do NOT believe there is a "connection" -- BUT -- the drugs -- this is a serious problem that is absolutely out of control ...

MOO ...

Yes, i've been following this case closely as he is local for me. and yes, Maine sure has a whole lot of drug crime. These areas are close and most of them are small towns with endless forest in between....

50% of Americans are taking prescription pills legally prescribed to them. Its estimated 74% of all Americans take prescribed or illegally obtained pharmaceuticals.
Prescription drugs responsible for more deaths than traffic accidents, study finds. More deaths from prescrip pills than heroin and cocaine COMBINED.

Out-of-control? Medicare program subsidizing drug habits of tens of thousands of abusers, drug dealers thrive.

All I am implying, is that its not just Maine, its not just little towns, its not just single parents.... the country has been FLOODED with pills and we have been convinced we need them...and more people than NOT, are involved with pills.

Learn more: prescription drug news and articles http://www.naturalnews.com/prescription_drug.html#ixzz1nozmdItp
Learn more: prescription drugs news and articles http://www.naturalnews.com/prescription_drugs.html#ixzz1noze5f9n

Not for nothing, Thoughtfox, and you've been here on WS for much much longer than I have, but maybe you should remove little GD's full first name from your list of players? She is a minor that is not being sleuthed and her identity should still fall under our protection, correct? I've shortened it in the quote I used above...

The reason I left her name on there is that she shared a room with Ayla, and people mention her all the time (or abbreviate it as "Gabby"). So her name is not on there to be sleuthed - it's just a fact that she was either in the room with Ayla or in the room with her mother that night.

I consider it just a fact of the case, but next time I revise it I can just put her initials.

But it comes down to avoidance behavior. People avoid what they fear. It's actually very insightful to what people may be thinking. What is the bigger fear?

In cases like this one and in Lisa Irwin's, what do people fear more? Going to jail, or never knowing what happened to their child? A good example of that is the Dirk Schiller case. His mother went to prison in East Germany for years, because the fear of not knowing what happened to her child was greater than going to prison. It's a matter of priority.

In this case, it's apparent that Trista's fear of not knowing where or what happened to Ayla out weighs her fear of ending up in prison. If she is innocent of any wrong doing, then her fear of going to prison is most likely small, and really not knowing where Ayla is is most likely huge. . .actually probably all consuming.

From Justin's behavior it would seem that his fear of going to prison is greater than his fear of not knowing what happened to Ayla. It's easy to follow the logic. If he knows what happened to Ayla and he was responsible in some way, then it would be logical that he would fear getting caught and going to prison. It would also be logical that his fear of not knowing what happened to Ayla would be non-existent because he would already KNOW what happened to Ayla. :doh:

MOO

You NAILED it! Thank you for breaking down the logic and IMO making a perfectly logical deduction on why people feel that way. :blowkiss:

If JD and family are being honest in believing that Ayla was taken from the home by a stranger (or got out of the house on her own), then they should, IMO, be disputing everything LE has said, and encouraging, even begging, the public to disregard the insinuations and just keep looking for Ayla. They should not be concerned with "how things look" or how they are being made to feel, which is basically all we have heard from them. And then once LE says (more than once) that they are free to speak out, we hear...nothing.

Bravo!!

Now, who would be slimy enough to call in to the tip line claiming they saw TR with Ayla after the "abduction". Calling in a falsified report must be a crime, but this slime probably used a pay phone to be untraceable. TR is suffering enough, without having to be accused of abducting her own daughter.

Time for someone who was part of the trio that Friday night leading to the fake abduction to tell LE the truth. I wonder if someone is waiting for "witness immunity".

What a tangled web this is, the spider sitting there licking his sticky feet, thinking about how smart he is. Spiders do have enemies though, I believe.

IMHO

I truly hope that tip (reported sighting) was an honest error and not purposeful, malicious distraction tactic by anyone.

Now, who would be slimy enough to call in to the tip line claiming they saw TR with Ayla after the "abduction". Calling in a falsified report must be a crime, but this slime probably used a pay phone to be untraceable. TR is suffering enough, without having to be accused of abducting her own daughter.

Time for someone who was part of the trio that Friday night leading to the fake abduction to tell LE the truth. I wonder if someone is waiting for "witness immunity".

What a tangled web this is, the spider sitting there licking his sticky feet, thinking about how smart he is. Spiders do have enemies though, I believe.

IMHO

:seeya:

BBM: When I first heard this, I thought what a "very desperate attempt" by the "guilty party" -- or should I say "guilty parties" -- to try to get the LE "heat" OFF of them for a little while ...

:please: I sure hope LE can find out WHO called in this FALSE TIP :waitasec: I never thought they would find out who broke the DiP's window -- so maybe they will find out who did this !

MOO ...

My house was robbed Friday. (6 days ago). Electronics and jewelry, by kicking in my kitchen door. Neighbors on either side, not home. I went to pick up the police report, and was told that the clear fingerprints that they got, have not been sent in yet to see if they are in the system yet. Not quite sure how this "law enforcement" thing works. But, I can say, i'm not feeling/seeing the urgency to get a burglar off the streets. And none of the 3 officers or 3 detectives have contacted or called me after the immediate investigation. I called them once. As a victim, I feel uneasy and awkward. I wonder how Trista feels about LE.

I believe Ayla is dead and Justn is responsble for her death.

I believe that because of his failed polygraph test along with the blood found in the basement.

Just thinking about the blood found of Ayla's again, and it occurred to me that LE stated that Ayla met foul play in the house long before they must have know it was her blood (I'm just assuming here, as it would take a while to get the DNA results back). So I wonder if the saw much more blood than they reported and simply assumed it was Ayla's or if there was something entirely different that led them to believe she met foul play. Is this wrong or would LE have had the DNA results back more quickly than 4-5 weeks?

CincinnatiKate, I am sorry that your house was broken into and robbed. I hope that the offenders will be caught. I can understand how uneasy you feel. Val from HinkyMeter found her house stripped down to the light switch covers. Sorry, folks, yes, I know this was OT.

On to the case for Ayla. I think that LE found the fake abduction tale just that, fake, from the start. It just didn't sound credible. LE still had had to investigate going with the info they were given. I believe that they covered every inch of space in that house during the time they had it sealed off and were searching for evidence. I believe that LE is being very thorough and cautious.
I get so angry at the wasted and costly time and expense for the fake abduction claimed by JD and his gals. Bet they were surprised that LE didn't buy the abduction story. I wonder if any of the gals will finally squeak if squeezed hard enough.
IMHO

Just thinking about the blood found of Ayla's again, and it occurred to me that LE stated that Ayla met foul play in the house long before they must have know it was her blood (I'm just assuming here, as it would take a while to get the DNA results back). So I wonder if the saw much more blood than they reported and simply assumed it was Ayla's or if there was something entirely different that led them to believe she met foul play. Is this wrong or would LE have had the DNA results back more quickly than 4-5 weeks?

I don't remember LE saying ayla met with foul play specifically in those words prior to blood info being released. I think they catagorized her disappearance pretty early on as "foul play" but I think they were saying that in the context of them being pretty convinced early on that ayla had not wandered off on her own or left the house without adult assistance.

I could be wrong, but thats what I remember about the sequence of statements from LE as they early weeks of this case unfolded.

:welcome: to Websleuthe by the way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member