*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is going on in this world? Lots of rumors flying around. Children did attend this showing.

School being out for the summer, I'm not surprised children were there. This is so sad.

I wonder how this guy got in the theater. He must have had one heck of a weapon. I don't know anything about guns but one would think with so many casualties, it wasn't a handgun that can easily be hidden. Assault rifle?

I am confused on that also. They mentioned people were dressed up, so he could have blended in somewhat. That and of all the movie theaters I have been too, the set up of this one has is very hard to sneak into. I have never been on a very busy night though, so it could have been different tonight.

School being out for the summer, I'm not surprised children were there. This is so sad.

Yeah and I can see a parent taking kids to the movie late for summer, making it a special fun night, staying up late. Someone was rumoring a baby was shot but even the news was calling it a rumor at the time. However, a witness said he saw the lifeless girl that was mentioned above. I don't think the shooter cared if he shot children or adults. Someone at the news link that was interviewed said he was shooting at people trying to escape. Sick man!

I wonder how this guy got in the theater. He must have had one heck of a weapon. I don't know anything about guns but one would think with so many casualties, it wasn't a handgun that can easily be hidden. Assault rifle?

I asked my dh the same thing. Some had multiple gunshot wounds.
The police chief said at least one rifle and a hand gun were on the shooter.

Tenn. license plates on gunman's car. Chief of police said gunman is in his early 20's.

This report says he was wearing a gas mask

Witnesses said he burst through the emergency exit at the front of the auditorium, wearing body armour, and began firing into the audience as he made his way up the stairs, picking his victims at random.

Police say they have no reason to believe that they were any other suspects involved. Suspect was dressed all in black.

Another person at news site being interviewed saying an infant was shot. News saying they hope it is a rumor due to confusion. Lot of reports on this baby. Not confirmed.

The violence erupted about 12:30 a.m. MDT as the gunman stood at the front of one of the Century 16 theaters at the Aurora Mall.

“Witnesses tell us he released some sort of canister. They heard a hissing sound and some gas emerged and the gunman opened fire,” Mr. Oates said at a news conference. One suspect is in custody and there’s no evidence of any additional shooters, he said. There was no immediate word of any motive.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/colorado-shooting/SS-2-34741/SS-2-34748/

http://www.channel4.com/news/us-gunman-kills14-at-batman-showing UK news link.

A witness told CNN that he saw a "guy slowly making his way up the stairs and firing, picking random people". Reports also suggest he released a smoke or tear gas bomb in the cinema.

Dozens of police were at the scene, and authorities evacuated the area while they checked if there was an explosive device in the area.

Local hospitals were alerted to a 'mass casualty'. A spokesperson for Denver's main trauma centre said: "We have six patients from the shooting. One is in a critical condition and others are in a 'fair' condition".

Paul Otermat, who told Sky News he was in the theater when the incident occurred, said he "thought it was a publicity stunt," when he saw a man in a long coat walk in and hurl what he believed was a tear gas canister at the crowd.
"Then he started firing shots into the crowd," Otermat said. He says he and his girlfriend ducked to the floor and crept out as gunfire continued. "My girlfriend saw a canister on the ground that was still foaming... We ran through the lobby and we heard more shots, and we ran out into the parking lot and got into our car and left."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...iere-in-denver-suburb-suburb-aurora-colorado/

Absolutely horrifying. I just can't even imagine.

News saying SWAT is searching his home for explosives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ages of some victims released. Youngest victim so far is 6. Oldest 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong