The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes. Not always though. From what I have read Ted Bundy's immed fam did not show such traits.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

What! His family was horrible. It was thought that his grandfather may have been his father, for one thing. All in the family. One tree branch

Dr G was on tv the other day and she stated that once the ME testifies, those statements are taken as FACT. Not opinion. FACT.

The ME testified in this case that the gunshot came last. So for purposes of this case, the gunshot came last.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I stated this the other day and no one saw it I guess.... :banghead:

That makes so much sense. Do you believe she went there with the "two ninja" story already running around in her mind? If so, that's even more reason to believe this was premeditated. She had a whole made up story ready before the murder. No wonder she had no problem concocting the Ninja story on the fly in the second interrogation. :what:

Yes. In her phone interview with LE Flores, after saying how in shape Travis was and how hard he was working out, she says "It must have been two people". (my paraphrase). This was LONG before the official Nina Tale was floated.

That makes so much sense. Do you believe she went there with the "two ninja" story already running around in her mind? If so, that's even more reason to believe this was premeditated. She had a whole made up story ready before the murder. No wonder she had no problem concocting the Ninja story on the fly in the second interrogation. :what:

idk - maybe she set it up so LE would be looking for 2 ppl and never question her because she thought she had an alibi, but when they caught her and proved she was there - she flipped her initial idea about making it look like 2 ppl into her ninja story??

I think the key word here is "apparent". The ME testified that the brain was in a state of decomposition, and because of that brain injury could not be ascertained. So there was no APPARENT brain injury, because the brain was so decomposed it could not be known.

Agreed, because he can't say for CERTAIN due to decomposition, but I think the other thing that makes me question is the intact dura mater. As I said, that is the fibrous covering of the brain, like a little sack the brain is encased in. If it is intact, then it is whole, with no damage from a bullet. And if it is intact, I would think the brain inside would be too. MOO

Nurse, thank you for posting this video. The following are the key dates/times that are in the video. I find it helps to have it in black and white in front of your face instead of needing to watch a video repeatedly to look at/remember the information.

July 14, 2008

- Mesa detectives flew to Yreka, CA to arrest Jodi Arias for 1st degree murder.

9 PM - Detectives arrive at the home of Arias's grandparents. Visual surveillance showed Arias was packing clothes as if she was leaving.

9:45 PM - Arias was inside a vehicle, parked in front of the residence talking with someone who appeared to be her mother. Arias's mother later drove away, Arias then went back into her grandparents' home.

Midnight - Officers left the home to return in the early morning hours. Decision made to arrest Arias if she attempted to flee.

July 15, 2008

6:30 AM - Surveillance team set up at grandparents' home. Shortly after, a Chevy Cobalt parked in front of the home.

9:39 AM - Arias taken into custody.

9:40 AM - Search warrent of grandparents' home excecuted. Evidence indicated that Arias had purchased a High Point 9mm.

1:15 PM - Search warrent executed at the home of Arias's parents. Box of .25 caliber ammunition was found during search. .25 caliber ammo was not found at grandparents' home.

2:25 PM - Search warrent on the Chevy Cobalt executed. Arias's luggage and personal effects had been placed inside the vehicle. A box of 9 mm ammunition was found inside a suitcase containing Arias's clothing. No firearm was found. Two knives found inside boxes of books in the car.

August 2008

- Arias's mother asked about a High Point 9mm that Arias had hidden in a vehicle.

- A Hertz employee recovers a 9mm gun while servicing the vehicle in San Francisco, CA. It was the vehicle that Arias had rented in Yreka, CA. Police determined the weapon was purchsed after Travis Alexander was killed.

BBM - I agree with you - but I have to wonder (given what DID happen that day) - would she have ended up killing him at another point in time anyway? I personally think she would have. JMO

Yes. Absolutely imo

I would also like to say that this weekend I did a couple of experiments on my kitchen floor. I used maple syrup and a rigatoni.

I kicked the pasta along the floor with the side of my foot lightly as though an accident. It skidded along the floor and rested atop the syrup puddle. There was no syrup on the top of the pasta shell. It just looked as if it was placed there. I did it three times and once it just stopped at the edge and didn't skip into the puddle but the other two times it did. Then Mr. Knot tossed a net over me.

The syrup was viscous enough that the pasta just stopped and did not roll completely in the syrup.

Of course the viscosity of the blood may not have been the same as my room temp syrup. But if had pooled and cooled on the cold tiles, even for the 30 mins to an hour JA had to do that crappy cleanup job, might it not have thickened enough to have a similar consistency?

You! Lol too funny! What a bunch we are! Yesterday morning, I got up ...got my husbands best suit out of the closet...laid it on the bed. He's up and ready to leave for work. I said, I want you to make love to me on top of this suit. Ya know what he said? He said, without hesitation or missing a beat. OK!

Poor guy.... He looked so sad when I explained that I just wanted to see if he would. I promised to make it up to him that night because I am not a morning person......

That was for the folks that believed Travis wouldn't have had sex on his comforter. Your welcome;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, I think she needs to be kept away forever.

But TA sent people to her house to convert her.

Do we know if Travis sent people there because he felt he should or did he send people there because Jodi expressed an interest in converting to Mormonism and wanted to know more about it? Travis did not live near Jodi and if Jodi showed an interest in the Mormon church then I can see where Travis would ask some Mormon friends that lived near Jodi to go talk with her and answer her questions. Is this information coming from Jodi or someone else?

Dr G was on tv the other day and she stated that once the ME testifies, those statements are taken as FACT. Not opinion. FACT.

The ME testified in this case that the gunshot came last. So for purposes of this case, the gunshot came last.

Somebody better tell the folks over at HLN. They have an ME with 18 years experience who says she thinks the shot came first.

So now what happens when the defense gets someone like her on the stand to refute what the ME says? Does a juror believe the FACT or consider there MIGHT be another opinion and decide that is reasonable enough doubt?

Somebody better tell the folks over at HLN. They have an ME with 18 years experience who says she thinks the shot came first.

So now what happens when the defense gets someone like her on the stand to refute what the ME says? Does a juror believe the FACT or consider there MIGHT be another opinion and decide that is reasonable enough doubt?

I don't see how the order changes anything. She killed him in cold blood. She premeditated this murder. It matters not if the shot was first, second or last. It was overkill, period. The defensive wounds show that he was alive when he was being stabbed. First degree murder.

MOO

I do believe this... let's hope the jury does aswell. Lol

yes - thinking if the LE is looking for 2 assailants, they would never question her?

IMO that was the sole reason she used two weapons. She thought she'd send LE off on a wild goose chase for two perps.

You! Lol too funny! What a bunch we are! Yesterday morning, I got up ...got my husbands best suit out of the closet...laid it on the bed. He's up and ready to leave for work. I said, I want you to make love to me on top of this suit. Ya know what he said? He said, without hesitation or missing a beat. OK!

Poor guy.... He looked so sad when I explained that I just wanted to see if he would. I promised to make it up to him that night because I am not a morning person......

That was for the folks that believed Travis wouldn't have had sex on his comforter. Your welcome;)

Tell your Hubby ty. :)

Midnight - Officers left the home to return in the early morning hours. Decision made to arrest Arias if she attempted to flee.

July 15, 2008

6:30 AM - Surveillance team set up at grandparents' home. Shortly after, a Chevy Cobalt parked in front of the home.

9:39 AM - Arias taken into custody.

Lemme get this straight. They go to their hotel at midnight, but IF SHE ATTEMPTS TO FLEE before we come back in the morning, we're going to arrest her. These are the same folks who investigated, arrested, questioned and built a case against her?

Lemme get this straight. They go to their hotel at midnight, but IF SHE ATTEMPTS TO FLEE before we come back in the morning, we're going to arrest her. These are the same folks who investigated, arrested, questioned and built a case against her?

I was just thinking the same thing! Did it not occur to them that she might try to flee in the middle of the night?!!!!

From what I understand and what Jean said in that video, there was an indictment/arrest warrent issued for Jodi on July 9, 2008. LE waited until July 14, 2008 to go to arrest Jodi, HOWEVER, Jodi was under surviellance from July 9, 2008 until July 15, 2008 when they arrested her. She was in Yreka, CA at the time so I would think that it was the Yreka LE that had her under surveillance. Mesa LE are the ones that were recording their activity that was shared in the video.

MOO

The thing is, they are not the State ME and they did NOT do the autopsy. And it wasn't my statement, it came from Dr G who is an acting ME. She stated that when a ME testifies it is considered FACT. Her words, not mine.

As I said, people can debate the issues all they want, but for the purposes of this trial he was shot last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni