Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST. JOSEPH COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – As the search for a missing St. Joseph County mother continues, the investigation into her estranged husband intensifies.

As volunteers combed the woods in Colon Township for 32-year-old Venus Stewart, Newschannel 3 went digging deeper into the couple's past. On Friday we obtained records in Kalamazoo County from Douglas Stewart's never-completed divorce filing and from when Venus faced charges for domestic violence.

The home where the Stewarts once lived in Schoolcraft is in foreclosure now, but David Bunch remembers when the Stewarts and their two children were his neighbors on Walnut Street.

SBM
http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376536-bottom-page.html

Has LE or mainstream media surfaced any information concerning wrongdoing on the part of the alleged victim?

No, there hasn't been a thing indicating that Venus had anything to do with her own disappearance.

LE has named one, sole POI in this case - Venus' husband, Douglas Stewart.

What's this link, think?

It's a link from the Kalamazoo Gazette, apparently from the search that was conducted by volunteers today in Michigan. I updated the original link with a description. Thanks Bean!

I have been talking to Denny Olson via email for the past several days. Do you guys want me to invite him to WS?

Search Continues For Missing Michigan Mother Venus Rose Stewart
By John Paul (jpaul@wsbt.com)

Search_for_Venus_Stewart.jpg

Search organizer Denny Olson gives instruction
to a group of volunteers

Story Created: May 14, 2010 at 5:31 PM EDT
Story Updated: May 14, 2010 at 6:04 PM EDT

COLON, Mich. — The search for a missing Michigan woman intensified Friday. Dozens of volunteers spent hours hoping to find her.

Volunteers were assigned miles of ground to cover. They put on their game faces, knowing they could face discovering the 33-year-old's body.

Continued at source: http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/93809809.html

I'm only about 20 miles from there. I wish I had been able to join in the search. :(

What are the chances that a truck looking identical to the husbands would just happen to be in the field exactly during the time Venus disappeared, especially since it had four doors!

I would guess for every four door truck sold, at least 10,000 two door trucks are sold. They aren't that common and I am certain the fact that it had four doors stood out in the mind of the neighbor who saw it. I know I always thought, when I had four children to haul around and loved to go in the woods, "I wish I could afford the gas to drive one of those!"

So, in my opinion, the witness is credible and it absolutely had to be Doug's truck they saw.

As far as the two friends who are providing Doug with an alibi, we don't know if they are lying, or not. I sure hope it can be proven they are!

As far as charging and arresting Doug is concerned, the district attorney needs to be very cautious about not jumping the gun due to the fact Doug could exercise his rights to a speedy trial and ultimately be exonerated.

There is no proof Venus is dead. Until her body is found, don't expect any charges to be filed.

I am sure there is a lot of evidence to go over, including all the hard drives on the confiscated computers, checking the Internet browsing history, reading e-mails, reviewing phone records, etc. etc. etc.

If it can be proven by the tire mark impressions that it was in fact Doug's truck in that field, law enforcement can use that as a bargaining tool to attempt to get him to talk. Perhaps they will offer reduced charges if he reveals what he did with Venus.

SCENARIO: "Doug, we know your truck was in the field across from Venus's parent's home on the morning she disappeared because your tire treads exactly match the casts that were made. If you tell us what you did with Venus, we will not charge you with first degree murder, kidnapping, crossing state lines to commit a felony, etc. but only charge you with (insert charge)."

That presuposes that the vehicle was in his possesion at the time. If it was not, than there are alternative explanations for those things that may still involve the truck but not necessarily DS.

Remember, the vehicle was not located until two days later. And it was not hidden, it was parked on the street a few blocks from where he lived. Presumably it was placed there after Monday/early Tuesday since you would think that LE had searched the vicinity for it when they first started investigating, that being the logical place - and they didnt find anything. LE described him as not being helpful in that regard but he simply might not have known where it was.

If you assume that some unknown person had possession, that person could have visited the Ohio Walmart on the Sunday, been at Colon on Monday, and dropped the vehicle in Virginia on late Tuesday or early Wednesday. That would explain everything we know about the truck so far.

I don't know how things work in his apartment complex, but supposedly he had two reserved parking spots. Usually those sorts of parking spaces are behind some sort of security and are accessed by electronic keys. If an unknown person had possession of the vehicle it is probable that they wouldn't have a working electronic key and consequently would not be able to park it where you would expect to find it. That could explain why it was on the street, but nearby.

The problem with the truck is that we don't know for sure (and LE couldn't know that at the start of the case either) who actually had it. LE would have been initially acting on what VS's parents were telling them, and no doubt that is why they believed he had the truck. But it is possible that he may be saying something different. If that is the case, then LE would have to find evidence to support possession one way or another - they can't just go on the word of either party.

That would leave the truck as potentially an important source of evidence, but not implicating anyone in particular at this point, at least until certain questions have been answered.

Just something to think about anyway.

I agree. Venus Stewart went to Michigan with the children for one reason and one reason only. She felt that she could get a better deal from the courts there.

Do you know this for a fact, Frank, or is it your opinion?

Thanks,

Hoppy

It looks like it's going to be a busy news nite. News on Venus, Ethan, and more and more being discovered on Haleigh Cummings. Can't hardly keep up. I was up until 2am trying to read up on it all last nite. These cases are so sad and very disgusting that so much victimization of innocent little babies. :(

On JVM they are saying that she will probably NEVER be found because of the heavy alligator population that will destroy any evidence 'if in fact she was thrown in the river'. That is so horrible, and as sad as it is, 'if' she went into that river, I pray she was already dead.

Tommy Croslin's wife has filed for divorce, so he is extremely vulnerable they are saying, and may cause him to further 'crack'.

------------sorry. I was just typing as I watched JVM, so I put in things about other cases. Sorry........

That presuposes that the vehicle was in his possesion at the time. If it was not, than there are alternative explanations for those things that may still involve the truck but not necessarily DS.

Remember, the vehicle was not located until two days later. And it was not hidden, it was parked on the street a few blocks from where he lived. Presumably it was placed there after Monday/early Tuesday since you would think that LE had searched the vicinity for it when they first started investigating, that being the logical place - and they didnt find anything. LE described him as not being helpful in that regard but he simply might not have known where it was.

If you assume that some unknown person had possession, that person could have visited the Ohio Walmart on the Sunday, been at Colon on Monday, and dropped the vehicle in Virginia on late Tuesday or early Wednesday. That would explain everything we know about the truck so far.

I don't know how things work in his apartment complex, but supposedly he had two reserved parking spots. Usually those sorts of parking spaces are behind some sort of security and are accessed by electronic keys. If an unknown person had possession of the vehicle it is probable that they wouldn't have a working electronic key and consequently would not be able to park it where you would expect to find it. That could explain why it was on the street, but nearby.

The problem with the truck is that we don't know for sure (and LE couldn't know that at the start of the case either) who actually had it. LE would have been initially acting on what VS's parents were telling them, and no doubt that is why they believed he had the truck. But it is possible that he may be saying something different. If that is the case, then LE would have to find evidence to support possession one way or another - they can't just go on the word of either party.

That would leave the truck as potentially an important source of evidence, but not implicating anyone in particular at this point, at least until certain questions have been answered.

Just something to think about anyway.

Great points. To me, it seems obvious the husband had everything to do with his wife's disappearance. I find it highly unlikely a person with a truck identical to his just happened to drive their truck to the field near Venus's house where he was seen by a neighbor crouching behind it.

And I will not believe for one second that a stranger stole the husband's truck then drove it all the way to Michigan where they were spotted in the field.

Either the husband and his friends are lying about his whereabouts during the time Venus was abducted and it was Doug hiding behind the truck or Doug was with his friends but arranged to have Venus abducted and allowed the person to use his truck.

I don't think that Doug's truck would just mysteriously disappear during a time when law enforcement was looking for it because someone else had possession of it without Doug's knowledge.

In my opinion, either Doug abducted Venus or he got someone to do it. Either way, he is involved and the tire tread evidence, if it is determined the tires are an identical match to the casts, could be used to get him to talk if he is threatened with life in prison or the death penalty.

If Doug conspired with someone else who committed the actual crime, he could be convinced to give them up if the offer is good enough.

It will be interesting to learn the truth about what really happened.

Again, you are assuming he had the truck. He may not have had it period.

What's your theory about the four door truck seen in the field by a neighbor, near and during the time where and when Venus was allegedly abducted, with the white man crouching behind it which left tire tracks which appear to be the same as the tire treads on Doug's four door truck's tires?

What are the chances the someone stole his truck and just happened to show up in the same neighborhood where VS was at on the same morning she was abducted? I mean the neighborhood was not on any main roads. Not likely someone who "stole" his truck would just happen to be in the area.

Slim to none I would guess. IF the tire tracks match...then he IS somehow involved period! Maybe it was not actually him there BUT he knew who was there. Whoever it was, if it wasn't him had to get the information, directions, address ect from someone and I bet VS didn't tell them!

ok, back to lurking and this is all JMO

It may be the same truck, but that still doesn't mean it was in his possession. LE will need to independently corroborate who exactly had the truck and when.

Suppose this goes to trial, and the prosecutor says "we found this reciept in the truck, and tire prints over there bla bla bla.". Then DS gets up and says "but I didn't have the truck". Then the prosecutor goes "ummmmm.....aaaaah.......".

You see, they need to prove who had possession of the truck.

What are the chances the someone stole his truck and just happened to show up in the same neighborhood where VS was at on the same morning she was abducted? I mean the neighborhood was not on any main roads. Not likely someone who "stole" his truck would just happen to be in the area.

Slim to none I would guess. IF the tire tracks match...then he IS somehow involved period! Maybe it was not actually him there BUT he knew who was there. Whoever it was, if it wasn't him had to get the information, directions, address ect from someone and I bet VS didn't tell them!

ok, back to lurking and this is all JMO

What makes you think someone stole the truck?

It may be the same truck, but that still doesn't mean it was in his possession. LE will need to independently corroborate who exactly had the truck and when.

Suppose this goes to trial, and the prosecutor says "we found this reciept in the truck, and tire prints over there bla bla bla.". Then DS gets up and says "but I didn't have the truck". Then the prosecutor goes "ummmmm.....aaaaah.......".

You see, they need to prove who had possession of the truck.

This is when the prosecutor hopefully shows the video footage from Walmart showing Doug purchasing the hat, tarp, gloves and shovel and says, "Jury, please don't even think for one moment the defendant was planning on simply raking leaves or burying a dead hamster!"
floorlaugh.gif

IMPORTANT NOTE: The sales receipt will have the identification number of the employee who rang up the sale. I hope law enforcement has interviewed that employee and showed them a photo of Doug and his two friends who are providing his air tight alibi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member