TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think jealousy and greed might fit under "sexual desire"; anger also might. Anger also, along with fear might fit under "because she knew too much." Variations exist of course.

Not imo. It could someone who was jealous for other reasons and not necessarily a sexual thing.

I think jealousy and greed might fit under "sexual desire"; anger also might. Anger also, along with fear might fit under "because she knew too much." Variations exist of course.

Or am I overstating a possible sexual component?

I don't think you can overstate a sexual motive in a case like this, it's extremely probable. And, it's sad to say because Holly was just being herself, but she definitely stood out and would be noticeable to predators.

But one think I'd add to anger is a grudge...maybe somebody has a grudge against her mom or dad or that type of thing.

TBI says a turkey hunter can also be a suspect. Why would a turkey hunter kidnap Holly?
Experience making giblet gravy? (Sorry.) The turkey hunter thing would be under "crime of opportunity," I guess.

Okay, I'll hazard the guess that, if she went missing, there's at least an 80% chance she knew her abductor(s).

Thoughts?

Not imo. It could someone who was jealous for other reasons and not necessarily a sexual thing.

Could be a motive that has to do with both jealousy and sexual desire, too. This is just speaking in the abstract as I have no reason to think that a situation like this exists, but there is a fair amount of woman on woman violence that is precipitated by someone being perceived as a sexual threat.

Again, I'm only mentioning this as a possibility, and it's not one I think is particularly likely.

Could be a motive that has to do with both jealousy and sexual desire, too. This is just speaking in the abstract as I have no reason to think that a situation like this exists, but there is a fair amount of woman on woman violence that is precipitated by someone being perceived as a sexual threat.

Again, I'm only mentioning this as a possibility, and it's not one I think is particularly likely.

Yes but my opinion was that it didn't necessarily have to be jealousy based on sexual thing. As an example: It could have been someone who was competing with her in cheer leading or nursing or whatever other activity Holly was involved in. Music even.

We assume, based on Clint's description of the perp, that this was a male and chances are it probably was but we can't discount other possibilities as well.

Experience making giblet gravy? (Sorry.) The turkey hunter thing would be under "crime of opportunity," I guess.

Okay, I'll hazard the guess that, if she went missing, there's at least an 80% chance she knew her abductor(s).

Thoughts?

Agree 100%

I'll ask again because I don't think I got a reply and hopefully someone will help out with information.

One of the locals in the article mentioned there are 2 other roads (excluding Swan Johnson Road) to the Bobo property. Where do those 2 other roads lead to? Do they lead to a highway? Is Swan Johnson Road the only road that leads to a highway from the Bobo property?

That's one of the mysteries surrounding this case. By approximately 8:05 the entire town knew about Holly. Someone posted that perhaps they had an emergency broadcasting system at the school (sorry I don't recall who posted it). Perhaps that is how word got out or friends calling friends or texts. OR the timeline is off.

Who knows.

I believe it was Oriah who ended up answering about face to face, texting, emailing, & calling. I wanted to say in a small town, that's exactly what happens. You always hear about 7 degrees of separation, but in a small town it is normally only 1 or 2. If you don't directly know the person that something happened to, you are likely to be friends with someone who does.

All it would of taken is one person to put it on Facebook that Holly was missing, or a text to several people, someone(s) at KB's school to text some of his/her friends about "KB just rushed out of school because CB said HB just went in the woods with a man in camo!", that person to FWD it to their friends & 1/2 the town knows in 5 minutes.
^Again, just saying that's how it could of happened. IMO only.

I was thinking the motive of revenge. I guess it could include grudge, but a motive of revenge for something could be a reason.

Seemingly the ONLY blood discovered were a few drops in the garage, not pools and puddles as was later expanded by the media. Clint saw the blood in the area where he saw silhouettes kneeling down and assumed at the time it was blood from a turkey that had been shot.

Didn't Clint say to JVM that it was a small puddle?

Also...the arrow is a good idea but I don't think she would have been walking into the woods in the normal manner that Clint saw if she had an arrow stuck into some part of her body.

If Holly was shot with an arrow by someone hiding out in the weeds and shooting directly into the open garage, I don't think it was meant to kill her! It would be more to get her attention, IMO. If the timeline is right, there are ten minutes the perp interacted with Holly before taking her into the woods. If he hit her in the arm or leg, there was plenty of time to pull the arrow out. They were sitting on the floor of the garage talking for some reason!

Does anyone remember what words were used to describe the blood? Did someone ever use the term "puddle?"

Something produced blood that was not a large amount. I would lean toward thinking that he probably punched her in the nose or cut her with a knife. But the arrow thing would be a possibility. I'm just thinking of all the things hunter types would do! I think whatever was done was probably done to produce compliance on Holly's part. He must have put her in fear of her life so she would go quietly!

Wasn't it said her sister spoke with her that morning and left her gas money?

Holly doesn't have a sister.

Her dad left the gas money and may have spoken to her through the door, I don't remember.

And I think it was her mom who said she spoke with her at about 4 (time could be off) and talked to her about her studying.

Seemingly the ONLY blood discovered were a few drops in the garage, not pools and puddles as was later expanded by the media. Clint saw the blood in the area where he saw silhouettes kneeling down and assumed at the time it was blood from a turkey that had been shot.

I went back and listened to some early interviews. One thing caught my ear about the blood. Deputy Wilbanks said in his interview that the agent with the TBI had confirmed that there was some blood found "outside the door." I would think that he might have seen this area they were referring to first hand, if he is one of the deputies that showed up the day she was abducted.

Here is the link: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/t/video/search-underway-tennessee-woman-13389410

My question: do you think that means that the blood WAS indeed found outside the garage on the gravel rather than inside on a concrete garage floor?

What exactly do you think "outside the door" means? Which door?

I believe it was Oriah who ended up answering about face to face, texting, emailing, & calling. I wanted to say in a small town, that's exactly what happens. You always hear about 7 degrees of separation, but in a small town it is normally only 1 or 2. If you don't directly know the person that something happened to, you are likely to be friends with someone who does.

All it would of taken is one person to put it on Facebook that Holly was missing, or a text to several people, someone(s) at KB's school to text some of his/her friends about "KB just rushed out of school because CB said HB just went in the woods with a man in camo!", that person to FWD it to their friends & 1/2 the town knows in 5 minutes.
^Again, just saying that's how it could of happened. IMO only.

I mentioned the same thing in an earlier post as well. This being a small town word getting around quickly. That said, allegedly there were a lot of people on the Bobo property within minutes. 5-10 minutes maybe (??) from when the alarm was raised at Karen's school.

Holly was kidnapped on a Wednesday morning. My question is did those people not have jobs or school to go to? How does one just drop what they're doing at 8 am based on limited details go to someone's home? I could understand a neighbour in the immediate area or family, friends of Holly but there were apparently a 100 people there within minutes. I'm just trying to understand the timeline here. I think it's incredible that all these people knew within minutes. Also interesting to note there were all these other people but we don't know (it was never mentioned in any of the media reports or by family) that Drew was one of them. Also, noteworthy is Mr. Bobo arrived at 8:30. Much later than most of these other folks and he took it upon himself to secure the crime scene (according to the Jackson Sun report).

BTW, chances are the kidnapper could have been amongst them.

:moo:

You're awesome! Thanks for that info. I looked up CUE and indeed it was back in March when they had a large scale search and rescue for Holly with the help of Central Alabama SAR team. I'm really surprised it didn't make national news or maybe it did but I missed it.

I got the information from Central Alabama SAR homepage.

Central Alabama SAR responds to assist CUE Center

http://www.sarcentral.org/?p=132

It's great to get this kind of information. Now we know dive teams are available if needed. I wonder why they didn't search the water? Maybe they will after the ground searches are exhausted?

Fantastic! :rocker:

I'm also bumping this up so it doesn't get lost in the posts. At the same time, I'd like to ask if there were ever any searches in water? What bodies of water are located in the area and how near or far from the Bobo home? Walking distance? Driving distance?

TIA

I know you all have been told this before...

We are a victim friendly forum. Unless something changes Clint and his family are victims. Holly is a sister, a daughter, and a friend. You can discuss the family in the context of what we know. We DO NOT bash family and or victims. You all know this so knock it off!

Ima

bumping this up.... I have seen a lot of posts in here that are attacking one another and also sleuthing Holly's brother. This is the last warning.

:nurse:

Holly was kidnapped on a Wednesday morning. My question is did those people not have jobs or school to go to? How does one just drop what they're doing at 8 am based on limited details go to someone's home? I could understand a neighbour in the immediate area or family, friends of Holly but there were apparently a 100 people there within minutes. I'm just trying to understand the timeline here. I think it's incredible that all these people knew within minutes. Also interesting to note there were all these other people but we don't know (it was never mentioned in any of the media reports or by family) that Drew was one of them. Also, noteworthy is Mr. Bobo arrived at 8:30. Much later than most of these other folks and he took it upon himself to secure the crime scene (according to the Jackson Sun report).

BTW, chances are the kidnapper could have been amongst them.

Good thoughts! I don't think I have seen another case in a very long time where so many things that supposedly happened defy logic! I think there was also some incredibly sloppy news reporting going on. (IMO)

In my catch-up reading of the case facts, I came across a piece (I believe it was in the Examiner) that said Holly was in a one year nursing program (possibly to get a CNA degree.) She apparently only went to class on Wednesday and Thursday.

This leads me to believe that either the abductor got incredibly lucky, or he had researched enough that he knew her schedule, or he was close enough to Holly that he knew her schedule. Think about how many things had to happen for him to be in the right place at the right time. If Holly only went two days a week, what did she do on the other days?

If he planned to abduct her, he had to pick a time she would be alone. Dana, Karen, and , ideally, Clint, should not be home. Did the abductor think Clint was somewhere else? Would he have been so bold as to go right up to the house if he thought big brother could come out with a gun in defense of his sister? Was Clint usually out of the house in the morning by this time, too?

I feel like the abductor's "casual" attitude about getting Holly and get away at least suggests that he did not think anyone else was in the home. By Clint's accounts and a best guess estimate of the times, Clint observed Holly and this man outside for about 10 minutes. What abductor who is going to remove someone from the scene takes his time if he thinks anyone else is around?

If this theory is correct, then the abductor was likely not emotionally close enough to the Bobo family to know everything about their schedules. If he was watching the parents leave (and I think that there was about an hour's difference in Dana's departure time and Karen's), why did he not just go ahead and come for Holly as soon as her parents were both gone? He could have knocked on the door, made up an excuse for being there, and snatched her!
For some reason, he waited, apparently, several more minutes until Holly exited the house, and then he did not have much fear, if any, about spending some time talking to Holly before they disappeared into the woods some 10 minutes (roughly) later. He did not take Holly's vehicle as a means of getting out of there, and he marched a girl wearing only light clothing and flip flops off into dense brush in 40 degree temperatures, signifying to me that other transportation was waiting, or he didn't plan to keep her alive long enough for the temperature to matter to her.

JMHO, as always

Good thoughts! I don't think I have seen another case in a very long time where so many things that supposedly happened defy logic! I think there was also some incredibly sloppy news reporting going on. (IMO)

In my catch-up reading of the case facts, I came across a piece (I believe it was in the Examiner) that said Holly was in a one year nursing program (possibly to get a CNA degree.) She apparently only went to class on Wednesday and Thursday.

This leads me to believe that either the abductor got incredibly lucky, or he had researched enough that he knew her schedule, or he was close enough to Holly that he knew her schedule. Think about how many things had to happen for him to be in the right place at the right time. If Holly only went two days a week, what did she do on the other days?

If he planned to abduct her, he had to pick a time she would be alone. Dana, Karen, and , ideally, Clint, should not be home. Did the abductor think Clint was somewhere else? Would he have been so bold as to go right up to the house if he thought big brother could come out with a gun in defense of his sister? Was Clint usually out of the house in the morning by this time, too?

I feel like the abductor's "casual" attitude about getting Holly and get away at least suggests that he did not think anyone else was in the home. By Clint's accounts and a best guess estimate of the times, Clint observed Holly and this man outside for about 10 minutes. What abductor who is going to remove someone from the scene takes his time if he thinks anyone else is around?

If this theory is correct, then the abductor was likely not emotionally close enough to the Bobo family to know everything about their schedules. If he was watching the parents leave (and I think that there was about an hour's difference in Dana's departure time and Karen's), why did he not just go ahead and come for Holly as soon as her parents were both gone? He could have knocked on the door, made up an excuse for being there, and snatched her!
For some reason, he waited, apparently, several more minutes until Holly exited the house, and then he did not have much fear, if any, about spending some time talking to Holly before they disappeared into the woods some 10 minutes (roughly) later. He did not take Holly's vehicle as a means of getting out of there, and he marched a girl wearing only light clothing and flip flops off into dense brush in 40 degree temperatures, signifying to me that other transportation was waiting, or he didn't plan to keep her alive long enough for the temperature to matter to her.

JMHO, as always

LE and the family (dad) have been quoted as saying they felt the perp was someone close to Holly who would have known his way around the area and known her schedule and her family's schedule. IMO, if that is the case then the perp would have thought Clint was not home and would explain the "casual" attitude.

It also brings to question what if the perp heard Clint or the dog barking? Is that why he walked into the woods with Holly as an escape route? If he didn't hear Clint or the dog, where would he have gone with her? Would he have taken her in her vehicle? In other words, was taking Holly into the woods as a result of panic or was it planned and he had his own "vehicle" somewhere on another road. I put " " for vehicle because he could have had a four wheeler and not necessarily a car.

If Clint wasn't home, he would have had a lot more time with his plan whatever that was.

I wonder if Holly is the type of girl who would say something if she saw someone on her property who wasn't supposed to be there. In other words, if she saw someone hunting on the Bobo property without permission would she yell out and say "hey, get off my property" or would she just go on and not pay any attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater