CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search for missing 5-year-old continues in Hayward, Fremont
Posted: 08/15/2009 01:18:31 PM PDT
<snipped>
Early this morning, a crew of about 100 law enforcement agents and volunteers began searching the marshland and shoreline at the tip of West Winton Avenue in Hayward for Hassani Campbell, who has been missing since Monday.

The Oakland police, Alameda County Sheriff's Office and several other law enforcement agencies from surrounding counties are searching the area after exhaustive efforts to find the 5-year-old in other high-priority locations, Oakland police spokesman Sgt. Raymond Backman said.

Crews also are searching in the area of Coyote Hills Regional Park today, he said.

Article:
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_13130195

:angel:

uh oh

Does anyone have the salvage yard address handy? Thanks!

Crapola!!! I thought the name of that street sounded familiar.

Yup, one and the same. Did you notice on the map you posted how barren the area off the tip of Winton headed to the shoreline looks?
LE took LWR back to the salvage yard yesterday....now this morning they're searching the shoreline next door. Not good IMO.

Yup, one and the same. Did you notice on the map you posted how barren the area off the tip of Winton headed to the shoreline looks?
LE took LWR back to the salvage yard yesterday....now this morning they're searching the shoreline next door. Not good IMO.

Yes, and I'm wondering if he's now out in the bay somewhere.

Wait a minute.....one of those articles AWC posted in the last few pages said that the people at Pick Your Part claimed Ross left without buying anything.....alibi?

Wait a minute.....one of those articles AWC posted in the last few pages said that the people at Pick Your Part claimed Ross left without buying anything.....alibi?

it not really unusual to leave a junk yard empty handed my husband has done it many time, so, i know that can happen

I wonder what part he told LE he needed and if that part on the car was really broken?

Or was he there to scope a out a possible place he could get over the fence to hide Hassani (I wish I could think different that he is still here, but my gut is telling me he isn't!)! Who in there right mind would take 2 kids, & leave them in the car, while you go looking for a part in the first place in a junk yard? Wouldn't it make more sense, if he had the apt. & needed to go to the junk yard, to leave even earlier to drop both of them off to JC????

I'm thinking that he most likely found no opening that he could get away with & poor little Hassani is in the Bay. I know that most likely LR's cell phone pings are leading LE on where to search today, as well as whatever was discussed yesterday with the FBI.....along with the polygraph test he took.

He just comes off as too cool & calm.....I haven't seen either one of them pleading to the media for help in finding Hassani either.....I find that very odd. JMHO as always!

it not really unusual to leave a junk yard empty handed my husband has done it many time, so, i know that can happen

Hi RJ,

I agree. Many are the days that I myself left the junk yard minus what I went there for in the first place. But on those days, I didn't wind up minus a five year old in the same time frame either.
I don't think the fact that he left the junk yard with no parts is unusual, but when you combine that with the fact that he claimed to be in such a hurry that day, for example, it makes it suspect in my mind. You're in such a hurry but you'd planned to go search for car parts? And he says he was running late by the time he left headed for Shuz, but we know that he didn't spend a lot of time at the salvage yard, so what made him late? That part is absent from his desciption of events...thus far. Why?
He offers a 'reason' for everything he did that day down to the most minute details, except for the reason he was running late.
LE seems to have formulated their 'search pattern' around the bulk of LWR's entire route that day from his home all the way to Shuz. It just looks like a pattern developing to me. One that seems to be shifting repeatedly back to the salvage yard.

ETA: And the '180' is that because of the one thing, the missing five year old, even the most mundane details of his actions and whereabouts naturally become suspect.

There is a Louis Welton Ross III born in Bexar Texas.....maybe we can find information in Texas?

Eleph

ETA: Have to do some family things so thought I would push out what I just found.

I just got back from visiting Rockridge--the area around Shuz. I took some pictures which I hope I'll be able to upload here.

As expected, there was bumper to bumper traffic going through on College Ave, and the street was crawling with people. Of course, it's Saturday, but this is always a busy area.

I was lucky to find a parking spot on Harwood almost directly across from the alley/parking lot where LR parked his car on Aug. 10.

Harwood itself is quiet and residential with beautiful, but not extravagant, older houses and big trees; I guess if someone grabbed Hasanni and ran up Harwood with him it might have been possible to do so without being seen, but my gut feeling is: it just didn't happen.

The alley/parking lot is not as long as it looks in the pictures online. I wanted to get closer to the door and archway and snap a photo but I was a little worried about trespassing or possibly that I could get in trouble for taking pictures. However, I can say that the archway has no door and appears to go to a backyard of the apartment building. The doorway next to it that is partly hidden looks like it might be a storage area and the door looks like it is broken or slightly ajar.

On the left hand wall of the alley are windows of a store between the empty corner store and the alley, so someone in there could have seen something if a person grabbed Hasanni.

The store on the corner of Harwood and College is empty and you can see through the windows from one street to the other--hopefully this is obvious in the picture.

I walked from the alley parking lot to Shuz and since I wasn't wearing a watch I just counted 1-2-3 etc, and figure it's probably less than a minute from the alley to the store--probably would take less time if I were younger, LOL.

I peered into the Shuz shop but I did not see Jennifer; there was a poster for Hasanni in the window.

My overall feeling is that he was not kidnapped. I could be wrong but after seeing the whole scene, I just don't think so. All the people I saw were upscale, yuppies or parents, no homeless or anyone looking "down on their luck" whatsoever--NOT that homeless or down on their luck people are miscreants, but you just don't find any of that element in this neighborhood. It's just a really nice area. Bad things can happen anywhere, of course, so I could be wrong, but I just don't see Hasanni being abducted here.

Attachments

• looking toward Shuz from corner.jpg
    looking toward Shuz from corner.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 59
  • corner Harwood and College.jpg
    corner Harwood and College.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 54
  • rockridge alley parking lot005.jpg
    rockridge alley parking lot005.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 54
  • looking down Harwood from corner of College.jpg
    looking down Harwood from corner of College.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 51

BUT, what kind of parts would he need for a newer model BMW?

I don't know about anyone else, but when I clicked on the Google map SuzieQ provided and went west, my heart sank when I hit the shoreline.

Or was he there to scope a out a possible place he could get over the fence to hide Hassani (I wish I could think different that he is still here, but my gut is telling me he isn't!)! Who in there right mind would take 2 kids, & leave them in the car, while you go looking for a part in the first place in a junk yard? Wouldn't it make more sense, if he had the apt. & needed to go to the junk yard, to leave even earlier to drop both of them off to JC????

I'm thinking that he most likely found no opening that he could get away with & poor little Hassani is in the Bay. I know that most likely LR's cell phone pings are leading LE on where to search today, as well as whatever was discussed yesterday with the FBI.....along with the polygraph test he took.

He just comes off as too cool & calm.....I haven't seen either one of them pleading to the media for help in finding Hassani either.....I find that very odd. JMHO as always!

I got the coldest feeling of fear gripping around my heart. I have driven over that bridge. Poor little Hassani is in the Bay!:mad:

Hi RJ,

I agree. Many are the days that I myself left the junk yard minus what I went there for in the first place. But on those days, I didn't wind up minus a five year old in the same time frame either.
I don't think the fact that he left the junk yard with no parts is unusual, but when you combine that with the fact that he claimed to be in such a hurry that day, for example, it makes it suspect in my mind. You're in such a hurry but you'd planned to go search for car parts? And he says he was running late by the time he left headed for Shuz, but we know that he didn't spend a lot of time at the salvage yard, so what made him late? That part is absent from his desciption of events...thus far. Why?
He offers a 'reason' for everything he did that day down to the most minute details, except for the reason he was running late.
LE seems to have formulated their 'search pattern' around the bulk of LWR's entire route that day from his home all the way to Shuz. It just looks like a pattern developing to me. One that seems to be shifting repeatedly back to the salvage yard.

ETA: And the '180' is that because of the one thing, the missing five year old, even the most mundane details of his actions and whereabouts naturally become suspect.

(Bolded By Me)
Thanks Shutterfly you explained what I was trying to do, way better than I did.

Adding to it again.....wouldn't it still make more sense to drop them both off to JC, than go about looking for the auto part, get to his apt, than off to school, than to bring the 2 kids with him to the junk yard????

He just seems like another KC who thinks he can outsmart LE & the FBI with his words & story. I just don't believe him at all. Even Hassani's godmother is suspicious of his story. It's in one of the videos that I posted where she states this.

He just seems so careless and self-serving. IF what happened really did happen --

We have a father who left his two children, a baby and a handicapped child - wearing a sweatsuit on a California summer afternoon - alone in a hot car while he tooled around the salvage yard, then preceeded to leave his young handicapped child alone in an alley - in the hot car or not - to go around two corners and leave him unsupervised for a few minutes.

IF it turns out he or JC had nothing to do with Hassani's disappearance, I sure hope those kids are taken away and given to a family that will properly care for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken