TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wouldn't what you are saying fit my "wanted to be her boyfriend" scenario?

Well if you mean in his own head (only) then yeah. But I do not think he ever had any relationship with Holly outside of perhaps a passing hi or thank you or whatever. I don't see the suspect as the stalker type that usually hassles and threatens his victim, as there is no evidence of that. Seemingly no one was bothering Holly to the point that she told her friends of family about anyone. You would think something like that would have come up over the last year if it were true.

I have a "Holly Bobo" alert with Google and received this alert. I have copied the link, but if this isn't allowable, please Madam Moderator, delete if it's not allowed. This is really, really, creepy! This person's "intuition" sounds a little too knowledgeable to me!

http://www.issues.cc/complaints/holly-bobo/holly-bobo-suspect-valhalla

Sadly, I really think that Valhalla's post could be a very plausible theory involving HB's disappearance. It certainly fits the known facts in the case..granted not a very tall hurtle, and it also fits in with LE belief that a local was involved, and it fits in with any one of a 100 TV and movie plots that i'm sure we have all seen...
I mean IMO if I where a local this is exactly the type of person I would be asking myself, "who do I know like that gives me that not quite right feeling." Mental Illness is real, and it has symtoms just like every desease..and if people pay attention, they can spot these types of people.

I don't buy that for the simple reason we have exactly the same situation here in Florida with a missing woman. Her boyfriend is the ONLY person of interest and prime suspect in her disappearance, yet there is zero evidence linking him to her disappearance. That has not kept law enforcement, the victim's family, etc. from putting his name out there as the suspect. Pressure on him was so great that actually his new g/f cancelled their engagement because of the alleged crime. I can't see law encorcement and/or the family just covering up something and keeping it quiet if they had any real evidence. There are many other cases where LE will put a potential POI or suspect's name out there to get more people to come forward. Keeping it secret makes zero sense to me.

Respectfully disagree that the two cases are similar situations, but so be it...

I think the case you are referring to is that of Kelly Rothwell which I've followed as well.

FL FL - Kelly Rothwell, 35, Indian Rocks Beach, 12 March 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

There is no one who stands out in Holly's case like Kelly's BF does in her's...

When was the bf named as a POI/Suspect?

No in the local disappearance of Kelly Rothwell her b/f is the only POI and only suspect, yet LE has no real evidence and despite questioning him, he has not been arrested. The lack of evidence has not kept LE from being very public in their statements about his assocaition with Kellys disappearance, however. Its not like they have been silent at all. And, all of Kelly's friends have been vocal about him too.

Thats just it Oldsteve... there IS no one in the Holly Bobo case. If LE knew about someone they probably would have made it known. Or the family would have indicated they suspected someone. But with Holly we have heard nothing.

This article assumes she is dead (probably a good assumption but still)...

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/17246740/ark-womans-death-not-connected-to-other-killings

What a weird article...says Karen's death is not linked to the "death of Holly Bobo"...at least it does until someone changes it...

Sadly, I really think that Valhalla's post could be a very plausible theory involving HB's disappearance. It certainly fits the known facts in the case..granted not a very tall hurtle, and it also fits in with LE belief that a local was involved, and it fits in with any one of a 100 TV and movie plots that i'm sure we have all seen...
I mean IMO if I where a local this is exactly the type of person I would be asking myself, "who do I know like that gives me that not quite right feeling." Mental Illness is real, and it has symtoms just like every desease..and if people pay attention, they can spot these types of people.

Yep, exactly. Thing is, all those TV and movie plots came from somebody's imagination, and a few of these stories are based on things that happened to real people.

Whoever took Holly could be living his own everyday, ordinary life, not arousing any suspicions from LE. He could live 5 miles or 500 miles away, for all we know. He may be just an average guy you would find anywhere, has never done that kind of thing before, and may not ever do it again. That wouldn't make him one of "these types of people." Not all mental illnesses are so easily spotted by other people. They can appear to be as normal as any of us. Ted Bundy was quite charming, I think.

You know, it seems to me that Holly is really being done a terrible disservice by LE. They don't even talk about her if they can avoid it. Do they knew they screwed up, or what the H is going on? And why do her poor parents stay so quiet? I would be on the phone with Marc K. or someone like him, daily, if treated with disregard in this way by LE. I feel so sorry for them...but they need to make some noise, IMO. It is the only way, as Marc has said many times, to get some attention.
JMO

I've noticed in a lot of cases, the parents are everywhere for however long the case is "hot" and then once the developments stop coming in, they will go months without talking to the media. It makes me think that it's difficult for them to get a media slot when there's nothing happening in their child's case, it's month or even years old, and it's been replaced by other cases. I don't like to put the blame on the parents, when the media definitely has a reputation for not being fair when it comes to missing persons.

I've noticed in a lot of cases, the parents are everywhere for however long the case is "hot" and then once the developments stop coming in, they will go months without talking to the media. It makes me think that it's difficult for them to get a media slot when there's nothing happening in their child's case, it's month or even years old, and it's been replaced by other cases. I don't like to put the blame on the parents, when the media definitely has a reputation for not being fair when it comes to missing persons.

I was thinking that someone like Marc could get them the media...he would be angry on their behalf at how LE dismisses them, he has taken up against LE before in some cases...JMO

I've noticed in a lot of cases, the parents are everywhere for however long the case is "hot" and then once the developments stop coming in, they will go months without talking to the media.

Yes but when the case was HOT a year ago the family said NOTHING and LE said very little. Everyone waited and waited for someone to actually say something... By the time some choppy, convoluted, interviews were made, it was probably too late (and too little).

Yes but when the case was HOT a year ago the family said NOTHING and LE said very little. Everyone waited and waited for someone to actually say something... By the time some choppy, convoluted, interviews were made, it was probably too late (and too little).

Yes, this is what I meant...but I still believe that even now, a year later, many news media stations/newspapers would be happy to print Holly's story if they had a sit-down interview with her family. I wonder about the local media, are they hesitant to say much due to some relationship with local LE? It just seems beyond bizarre to me that there is a level of "acceptance" about the fact that Holly was taken, and that LE won't talk about it, and that's that. For a small town, I would think the opposite would be true, that her kidnapping would have caused protests by now, due to lack of sharing from LE, not utter silence only broken with prayers.

Yep, exactly. Thing is, all those TV and movie plots came from somebody's imagination, and a few of these stories are based on things that happened to real people.

Whoever took Holly could be living his own everyday, ordinary life, not arousing any suspicions from LE. He could live 5 miles or 500 miles away, for all we know. He may be just an average guy you would find anywhere, has never done that kind of thing before, and may not ever do it again. That wouldn't make him one of "these types of people." Not all mental illnesses are so easily spotted by other people. They can appear to be as normal as any of us. Ted Bundy was quite charming, I think.

I agree with you, it could be someone very normal, or it could be someone with mental illness, or it could be someone with both. I was saying that if I were a local, I would ask myself first if I knew anyone who would fit the posters description. IMO if the perp is "normal" all we have to go on is the LE BOLO for anyone cleaning or selling a truck or atv, or anyone who missed work on the morning of the disappearance.
Really a sad situation.

Yes, this is what I meant...but I still believe that even now, a year later, many news media stations/newspapers would be happy to print Holly's story if they had a sit-down interview with her family. I wonder about the local media, are they hesitant to say much due to some relationship with local LE? It just seems beyond bizarre to me that there is a level of "acceptance" about the fact that Holly was taken, and that LE won't talk about it, and that's that. For a small town, I would think the opposite would be true, that her kidnapping would have caused protests by now, due to lack of sharing from LE, not utter silence only broken with prayers.
I agree and have wondered for a long time why isn't there more advocacy done on this young woman's behalf, or as you put it, why is there a general sense of acceptance that she is missing and that her case is seemingly like a paradox in every way you try to look at it.
We must acknowledge that there have been several benefits and awareness campaigns over the last year, as in bike ride for Holly, balloon release at the local schools, T-shirts, a truck decal campaign, an anonymous person who has offered another 150k~ reward for her safe return (coinciding with the timing of the arrest of a local RSO). There were probably other benefits that elude me at this time. We could discuss the oddities of certain events all we want, but I think the point is that there is at least a level of awareness being raised in the local area.
I have recently went back through some of the threads here in the first week after HB went missing, it is startling how much contradictory information got put out there, with multiple articles describing the same case detail in multiple ways. I'm sorry but that is not all the media's fault, especially when you consider the multitude of spokesmen in LE that were talking and that isn't including all the social media chatter. It's unfortunate but it isn't to hard to see why LE in this case do not want to share any information.
Another side note is how some of the details from MSM, such as the blood and where it was found, was being attributed to various places, physically and in the timeline. First ask yourself how many people actually saw the blood with their own eyes and then consider who MSM was looking to for information. One report said outside, one by the door, one by the car, one on the driveway, one in the carport, one ON the carport, one in the garage, Nancy Grace reported as flecks on the lawn, on JVM when asked about a possible trail of blood, CB, who didn't seem to completely understand the full question, responded with information about a logging road behind the house.
LE has never addressed the blood found except to say it was a puddle and a non life threatening amount, after this they have refused to comment.
What in the world happened that morning to her before she entered the woods? I have never felt we got a true sense of this situation, but these types of discrepancies have opened up the door for so much confusion and skepticism and this is only one example.

Everything in HB's case in my opinion, has been smoke and mirrors. An aspect of the case will be reported and seem to slant the case one way and then it's like, oh no, we can't have it slanted that way, so here is what REALLY happened, and then it gets slanted that way, and someone says, oh no, we can't have it slanted that way, so here's what happened, and so on and so on. I am so proud that people have not let this die like some cases have, the truth is out there, IMO, it's just got lost in the shuffle.

Everything in HB's case in my opinion, has been smoke and mirrors. An aspect of the case will be reported and seem to slant the case one way and then it's like, oh no, we can't have it slanted that way, so here is what REALLY happened, and then it gets slanted that way, and someone says, oh no, we can't have it slanted that way, so here's what happened, and so on and so on. I am so proud that people have not let this die like some cases have, the truth is out there, IMO, it's just got lost in the shuffle.

Part of the interest is the mystery itself, IMO...first of all, how many abductions are witnessed by a family member? And then of course, the way it all began..."dragged into the woods"...wow, that was an eye-catcher...of course that was soon enough denied. Just the whole case...plus the appearance of Holly being a low-risk victim makes for one huge mystery and tons of frustration...MO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie