MD - 61 yo man attacked by 50 teens, Baltimore, April 2015

What is wrong with these people? And where are their parents? Hope the man has a speedy recovery.

when the f is the mayor & police commissioner gonna wake up and get more cops in the street. this is disgusting - after all this time they've only got 2 arrested? if i hear the word "justice" relating to these criminal teens one more time with no consequences, i'm gonna scream.

quote:

Police have made two arrests in the case and are hoping to bring all of the teens, who are believed to be students at Baltimore Community High School, that participated in the beating to justice.

Antoine Lawson has already been charged with attempted murder and a 15-year-old girl was charged with assault.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...letcher-Baltimore-April-22.html#ixzz3ZyOnhhTu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There have been like 7 arrested so far. This happened in Baltimore County though the kids were coming from a Baltimore City school. Here is some who have been arrested. They are so young...

Antoine Willie Lawson, 17, was indicted last week on charges of attempted first-degree murder, first-degree assault, robbery and theft of less than $1,000.

County police on Tuesday announced the arrests of four other teenagers charged as adults, and an arrest warrant has been obtained for a 20-year-old man.

Andrew Omar Allen, 15, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, robbery and related charges. He is being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

Yahkeem Zavion Wheatley, 15, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, robbery and related charges. He is being held on $200,000 bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

Mya Lashae Stewart, 15, was originally charged as a juvenile on April 24. On May 4, she was indicted by a Baltimore County grand jury. She is now charged as an adult with attempted first-degree murder, robbery and related charges. Her current custody status is unknown.

Garry Leroy Baker Jr., 16, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, robbery and first-degree assault. He is being held without bail at the Baltimore County Detention Center.

Samtoya Isiah Wiliams, 17, has been charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault and robbery. He is being held at the Baltimore County Detention Center on $1 million bail.

Detectives have obtained an arrest warrant for Keenan Tylike Holloway, 20, in connection with the incident. He is in custody in Baltimore City on unrelated charges.

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/another-teenager-charged-as-adult-in-beating-of-dundalk-man/32961982

Horrifying cell phone video shows a group of teens surrounding 61-year-old Richard Fletcher, kicking and hitting him again and again until he drops to the ground.

He suffered broken eye sockets, a broken nose, broken ribs and a brain bleed.

“He was brutally attacked,” said Cpl. John Wachter, Baltimore County Police Department.

Investigators say Fletcher saw two girls fighting on top of his car. When he went outside to ask them to stop, dozens of teens turned on him.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/05/08/dundalk-man-violently-beaten-by-group-of-teens/

Video at link is rather disturbing.

b/o'reilly featured this on his show last nite. along with the details, they gave out the go-fund me information.

i'm not gonna hold my breath waiting to hear from the mayor and police commissioner that they're gonna get justice for mr. fletcher and all the law abiding citizens.

edit - i do give cudos to the kid who turned in the video . . . but i wonder why this was not publicized earlier??????? quite strange :thinking:

Some quotes from new article.

He told police that he and his wife heard a commotion and saw a fight and several juveniles "on his vehicle jumping up and down." Fletcher tried to stop the fight and get the juveniles off his truck, he was hit from behind, then assaulted by 25 to 30 young men.

As police investigated the case, they obtained cellphone footage of the attack, surveillance video and a flash drive with additional video that had been slipped under a door at Baltimore Community High School, an alternative school near the site of the attack. Police say school administrators helped to identify people in the videos, and the principal has acknowledged her students were involved in the attack.

The videos showed several of the teens kicking, punching and stomping on Fletcher, even as he was "on the ground defenseless and unconscious," according to charging documents.

The videos also showed several of the teens reaching into the man's pockets, with one juvenile throwing the victim's empty wallet on the ground.

The school is tentatively scheduled to close in 2017.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...-co-dundalk-charging-docs-20150513-story.html

b/o'reilly featured this on his show last nite. along with the details, they gave out the go-fund me information.

i'm not gonna hold my breath waiting to hear from the mayor and police commissioner that they're gonna get justice for mr. fletcher and all the law abiding citizens.

edit - i do give cudos to the kid who turned in the video . . . but i wonder why this was not publicized earlier??????? quite strange :thinking:

The mayor and commissioner won't say anything because it didn't happen in the city, it was in the county. The day that it happened, there were pictures going around of the scene and of a stillshot from a security camera at a business. Some of the local Baltimore County news sites told the stories but the more major local news did like a little blurb about it. There were other things going on in Baltimore that I guess they felt were more newsworthy. I give a lot of credit to Rick's friends and family as well as the community to keep telling and sharing his story until it got the attention it deserved.

Please discuss the facts of this case and keep the discriminatory and political posts out of this thread.

Thanks.

What is wrong with these people? And where are their parents? Hope the man has a speedy recovery.

RBBM.
Speaking of the parents, one Mother of one of the charged alleged criminals' gave an interview.
The post and the link was on this thread and now I cant find it?
I read the interview with the Mother about 30 minutes ago. I even called DH over to my desk so that he could read the post and link provided as well.
I've already forgotten which alleged charged criminal it was. I'll need to Google it and see if I can repost the link. The link had lots of pertinent information and the Mothers' interview was at the bottom of the page.
The interview with the Mother made me want to vomit.
I'm paraphrasing...Mother said her son did not commit the alleged crime and that he was her lil' baby, yada, yada.:banghead: Yeah, yeah it's always someone else's fault.
She had the unmitigated gall to blame the others' and said her kid was just standing there watching.
Sickening and deplorable. :maddening:
As I have said many times in other cases, it's very simple...personal responsibility.
Taking responsibility for ones actions is taught in the home, first. Before the child even goes to kindergarten.
Is this crap ever going to end? I am so tired of reading about cases like these.
This needs to stop.
Did you see the victims' face? Horrendous. I can't believe that he actually lived. Unfortunately, according to the family; this guy will never be the same. One would think physically, mentally and spiritually and one flippin' Mother is already out there defending her 'lil darling.
Please excuse grammar and spelling, DH is talking to me about this case as I'm composing this post.

Why were they not charged with a hate crime?

Good question. Another question I have is why this assault is not in the Crimes In The News section? Maybe someone should ask a mod to move it?

Why were they not charged with a hate crime?

Is there any evidence to suggest that this was a hate crime?

eta -- I agree that this should be in the Crimes in the News forum, along with the current Zimmerman and Freddie Gray threads.

Did the article say the video was handed over to the police by the person that made it? I didn't see that part.

Joe Lamb, who owns a business nearby, saw the attack and said he wasn't all that surprised with what happened based on how the neighborhood has been, WBAL reported.

He said: 'It has gotten out of hand now, gone too far.

'The kids walk on top of cars, kick dogs, let dogs out, throw trash, steal milk from school and throw it at houses, threaten neighbors with bodily harm.'

I have to wonder what the victim was thinking when he walked out to address that mob by himself and unarmed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back