Question: Was the exterior of the car washed and when?

GameTheory

Reaction score
HELP WITH A QUESTION/OBSERVATION ABOUT THE CAR:

1. I keep seeing Casey's car in those photos on the news sitting in some CSI lab. You all know the pic I am talking about. I can't get out of my mind how ''shiny'' and ''clean'' it looks, definitely not the way a car looks after sitting abandoned in a store's parking lot and then in a tow yard for days.

2. I know George and Cindy cleaned the car, got things out - I was assuming the inside of the car - but did they also washed the outside? It looks so shiny from the outside in the photos of the car sitting in the CSI's lab and I don't think CSI washes cars right? :crazy:

3. So this is my theory: Perhaps George and Cindy thought Casey run over somebody with the car and abandoned the victim. This is why they went on to clean it and wash the clothes inside it as soon as they got the car back from the tow yard. I know if my dad hadn't seen me for days and he had to go collect a car from a tow yard and pay for the fine the last thing he would wanna do is wash the car for me!! He would have been furious not doing me a favor washing the car! Perhaps throw away some smelly things from the inside of the car yes, but not wash the outside and make it all shiny and new for me! And that exactly after he collected my car from the tow yard. Who does that? And there is no way the car looked so shiny and clean when they got it from the tow yard. Did they wash the exterior of the car as well?

4. Now think about these strange comments from George as soon as the case broke: That Casey does not drink! Why will he make such a statement???? And then have all those photos out there with Casey drinking and all that? Perhaps because what they thought happened was that Casey hit someone with the car while DUI?

5. I think the grandparents absolutely did smell decomposition and they went on their ''clean up Casey's mess'' mode thinking something like above happened. That she hit someone with the car, that she was scared, and that she abandoned the car at the store parking lot. I don't think they had an ounce of suspicion that something happened to Caylee while they were cleaning up evidence that moment. But I do think they cleaned up that car good.

LOOK HOW CLEAN AND SPARKLING THE EXTERIOR OF THE CAR LOOKS - IT IS SO CLEAN YOU CAN SEE REFLECTIONS ON IT - AND THE TIRES ARE LIKE SO CLEAN!
http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news/17315856/detail.html

You definitely have some valid points here. I had not paid much attention to the cleanliness of the exterior of the car until just now. But you have definitely made great points, much to chew on...

You definitely have some valid points here. I had not paid much attention to the cleanliness of the exterior of the car until just now. But you have definitely made great points, much to chew on...

Thank you. I just can't get over the fact how clean that car looks. I always wash my car and I never get to get my tires to look so spotless. And I do like my car clean.

I also wonder if there is a testimony that hasn't been leaked yet about neighbours seeing them cleaning/washing the car. Because as we saw the Anthony's house they could have only cleaned it either in front of the garage or inside the garage. There was no other way to put the car in the back of their yard. And when?? they washed the car is really important. I mean George washed it when he brought it back from the tow yard? Or after the 911 calls? I think it would have been difficult to wash it after the 911 calls even though the police hadn't collected the car for a couple of days. Still there was police coming in and out of their house, taking Casey with them to various locations to find the child. So I find it difficult to believe they were so bold to wash the car while police could be on their doorstep any second of the day.

I strongly believe that grandparents having experience of Casey's behaviors in the far past and in the recent past - the lying, the stealing, the irresponsible behavior, the strange behaviors - thought Casey was responsible for another crime regarding that car. And they proceeded with cleaning up the mess before they got a hold of her.

Who gets busy to make a car spotless in the midst of finding out your daughter is not vacationing in another city like she said but is right there in your city, she had abandoned her car and you have to go to a tow yard and pay money to retrieve the car back. You open the car and it smells awful and the tow yard employee even comments on what kind of smell that is. And then you take the car home and clean it while you are trying to locate the daughter on the phone and your grandaughter?

By the way a part of that story is missing. We know Cindy contacted Amy to get her to Casey. What we don't know yet is did Cindy called Casey? Did she called and Casey did not pick up or did she call and Casey refuse to tell her where she is? I mean the first logical step is to pick up the phone and call Casey. Only if you cannot reach her you go through the papers in the car to discover another way to find her=Amy. So it is interesting to see if the grandparents were calling Casey and she was not picking up the phone or she did pick up the phone but refused to tell them where she was.

There is some missing time between the 911 calls and george coming home and picking up the car- its all discombobulated.

I think that if the car did indeed get washed, that it didnt happen at the Anthony house. George was out and about, we don't know what he was doing.
The car was out of gas when he picked it up, he could have stopped at a gas station on the way somewhere or home and fueled up and bought a VIP wash. That wouldn't seem out of the ordinary since he just picked it up from impound and it was out of gas. I doubt the reciept would even show the wash.

There is some missing time between the 911 calls and george coming home and picking up the car- its all discombobulated.

I think that if the car did indeed get washed, that it didnt happen at the Anthony house. George was out and about, we don't know what he was doing.
The car was out of gas when he picked it up, he could have stopped at a gas station on the way somewhere or home and fueled up and bought a VIP wash. That wouldn't seem out of the ordinary since he just picked it up from impound and it was out of gas. I doubt the reciept would even show the wash.

Something about the gas. Did the grandparents knew the car was out of gas when they went to collect it? Is this something the tow company says in their letter? I don't think so. I don't remember from the 400 pages of documents. They went there and he left to go get gas and returned back?

If the car smelled so bad did he really take it to a gas station and had it washed where other people could smell that awful smell?

Something about the gas. Did the grandparents knew the car was out of gas when they went to collect it? Is this something the tow company says in their letter? I don't think so. I don't remember from the 400 pages of documents. They went there and he left to go get gas and returned back?

If the car smelled so bad did he really take it to a gas station and had it washed where other people could smell that awful smell?

Gas- George and the lot owner walked out to the car, George opened the car and realized that it was out of gas. Walked to his own car and got a tank out and put it in the car.
George and Cindy claim that the guage was broken on the car but if it was, why then would George bother looking at the guage?

Hitting someone with a vehicle usually results in some type of damage to the vehicle. Nothing has been said about it being damaged nor does it look damaged in the pictures we have seen. Also how would hitting someone make her pants in the smell bad? Sorry I guess I just don't see the logic in your senario. George could have washed the car but personally I wonder if that is all the "cleaning" that he did, or did he do much more than that? JMO

Hitting someone with a vehicle usually results in some type of damage to the vehicle. Nothing has been said about it being damaged nor does it look damaged in the pictures we have seen. Also how would hitting someone make her pants in the smell bad? Sorry I guess I just don't see the logic in your senario. George could have washed the car but personally I wonder if that is all the "cleaning" that he did, or did he do much more than that? JMO

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly. I am not saying an accident happened, no I don't believe that for a second, I am only theorizing whether THE GRANDPARENTS thought an accident happened with the car and began cleaning it. I don't subscribe to the theory they knew for the get go that something happened to Caylee. They wouldn't have handled it the way they did with the 911 calls and George getting the police officer aside and telling him that his daughter is a liar. That is not what people who cover a crime regarding their child do.

But I do believe they thought Cayse was involved in something illegal or was in trouble and washed that car and evidence in the car. If the car smelled so badly, the tow yard guy told about this, Cindy told about this in 911 call, cadaver dogs hit on the trunk, isn't it amazing that the police only found some hairs and had to do air-test to confirm decomposition? How could the car smell so badly but not many physical evidence?

I wonder whether the tow guy told the police in what condition the exterior of the car was? Was it muddy or really dirty outside? That is something if I was the LE I would want to know if I believe people altered evidence. After all from the 400 page documents the LE say Cindy revealed to them she washed pants found in the car much later in the investigation. Did Cindy revealed that because she was afraid the tow yard guy might have noticed items in the car and told police? In interviews she says she told the police from the first day but LE has a very different version for when Cindy told them that.

The car will be the number one evidence in this case and in the trial. Not just the physical evidence in the car, but the whereabouts of the car, who washed the car, who took things out of the car and when.

How could the car smell so badly but not many physical evidence?

Completely agree with this, but I also think that there is a lot of evidence that hasn't/won't be release to the public. LE is holding their aces, so to speak.

Great point about the car being washed esp. seeing it was at a tow yard and it's white but looks clean. I noticed the windshield immediately when you pointed out the pics, with all the rain here in Orlando my windshield is rarely clean on the sides unless I windex it and even then it only lasts until it rains again. It looks like it has been cleaned. Great point!

HELP WITH A QUESTION/OBSERVATION ABOUT THE CAR:

1. I keep seeing Casey's car in those photos on the news sitting in some CSI lab. You all know the pic I am talking about. I can't get out of my mind how ''shiny'' and ''clean'' it looks, definitely not the way a car looks after sitting abandoned in a store's parking lot and then in a tow yard for days.

2. I know George and Cindy cleaned the car, got things out - I was assuming the inside of the car - but did they also washed the outside? It looks so shiny from the outside in the photos of the car sitting in the CSI's lab and I don't think CSI washes cars right? :crazy:

3. So this is my theory: Perhaps George and Cindy thought Casey run over somebody with the car and abandoned the victim. This is why they went on to clean it and wash the clothes inside it as soon as they got the car back from the tow yard. I know if my dad hadn't seen me for days and he had to go collect a car from a tow yard and pay for the fine the last thing he would wanna do is wash the car for me!! He would have been furious not doing me a favor washing the car! Perhaps throw away some smelly things from the inside of the car yes, but not wash the outside and make it all shiny and new for me! And that exactly after he collected my car from the tow yard. Who does that? And there is no way the car looked so shiny and clean when they got it from the tow yard. Did they wash the exterior of the car as well?

4. Now think about these strange comments from George as soon as the case broke: That Casey does not drink! Why will he make such a statement???? And then have all those photos out there with Casey drinking and all that? Perhaps because what they thought happened was that Casey hit someone with the car while DUI?

5. I think the grandparents absolutely did smell decomposition and they went on their ''clean up Casey's mess'' mode thinking something like above happened. That she hit someone with the car, that she was scared, and that she abandoned the car at the store parking lot. I don't think they had an ounce of suspicion that something happened to Caylee while they were cleaning up evidence that moment. But I do think they cleaned up that car good.

LOOK HOW CLEAN AND SPARKLING THE EXTERIOR OF THE CAR LOOKS - IT IS SO CLEAN YOU CAN SEE REFLECTIONS ON IT - AND THE TIRES ARE LIKE SO CLEAN!
http://www.local6.com/slideshow/news/17315856/detail.html

You've got some good points. Yes, I noticed that the car looked very clean, and not at all what one would expect with a car that likely hadn't been washed in all the time Casey had it.

That car sat in the parking lot of the Amscot center for 3 days and then at an impound yard for 15 days. In that time, the car had to have collected dust, and I'm sure that in that 18-day period there was a rain storm, so that dust would turn to muddy dirt and leave the car streaked with dirt.

When a car hits someone hard enough to kill them, there will be damage. Caylee's hair was in the trunk. Alone, that does not mean much, but coupled with the other evidence, along with the LE's latest statements, it means a lot!
IMO, this is just giving Baez more fuel for outlandish statements.
I have a white SUV and it has not been washed in some time, but it literally shines under parking lot lighting and garage lighting. Yet it is dusty.
So, no - no way the scenario is not exactly what LE has said - there was a decomposing body in that car and they believe it was Caylee's. So do I.

George cleaned out the trunk. He probably washed the car. Lee stated that Casey's car was in the garage when he got there on the evening of the 15th. That is probably where George washed it along with the inside of the trunk.

I sure do not want Baez, Cindy, and George having any more fuel such as this out there.
JMO

I know this is off topic but reading this thread brought it into my mind for some reason. I remember reading about Casey's bf Tony having some repair done to his car... is it possible he couldve hit Caylee with his car, maybe by accident, and they freaked and hid her body and then he had the car fixed by a friend? Does anyone know-
1. What is the date his car was damaged and what was it caused by?
2. Who fixed the damage?
3. What date was his car fixed?
4. Has LE checked his car over thorougly, inside and out?

I know this is off topic but reading this thread brought it into my mind for some reason. I remember reading about Casey's bf Tony having some repair done to his car... is it possible he couldve hit Caylee with his car, maybe by accident, and they freaked and hid her body and then he had the car fixed by a friend? Does anyone know-
2. Who fixed the damage?

Great points.....

I was also wondering about Amy's car since Casey used it for a week...has it ever been checked over?

I can't forget the report about Casey's car having scratches on the back. That just hits a nerve with me that if Caylee was in the trunk when the scratches were made, then she backed it into some heavily wooded/underbrush area. Just my opinion but it seems to fit.

I can't forget the report about Casey's car having scratches on the back. That just hits a nerve with me that if Caylee was in the trunk when the scratches were made, then she backed it into some heavily wooded/underbrush area. Just my opinion but it seems to fit.

The scratches stuck out in my mind also! Why would they even mention it?

When a car hits someone hard enough to kill them, there will be damage. Caylee's hair was in the trunk. Alone, that does not mean much, but coupled with the other evidence, along with the LE's latest statements, it means a lot!
IMO, this is just giving Baez more fuel for outlandish statements.
I have a white SUV and it has not been washed in some time, but it literally shines under parking lot lighting and garage lighting. Yet it is dusty.
So, no - no way the scenario is not exactly what LE has said - there was a decomposing body in that car and they believe it was Caylee's. So do I.

George cleaned out the trunk. He probably washed the car. Lee stated that Casey's car was in the garage when he got there on the evening of the 15th. That is probably where George washed it along with the inside of the trunk.

I sure do not want Baez, Cindy, and George having any more fuel such as this out there.
JMO

I think my post has been misunderstood by some posters.

1. I am not arguing an accident happened. Not at all, the possibility did not cross my mind and does not cross my mind.

2. I am just saying the car is WAY TO CLEAN for a car that was sitting abandoned exposed to the natural elements for so many days. I am saying someone took the time to make that car spotless while their child/grandchild was missing. I am saying it is a ''bit'' logical to throw out smelly things from the interior of the car but wash the exterior and make it shiny and spotless while your daughter and grandchild are missing is strange. A logical reaction would have been for George and Cindy to be mad about the fine they had to pay to retrieve the car. So what makes them wash the car of the daughter who lied to them and cost them more money?

3. I think they cleaned the car because they thought their daughter was in trouble: a car accident was only an example of what they might have thought happened and cleaned the car. I am not saying an accident happened or there was evidence of an accident happening. But the car did smell like decomposition whether they want to call it pizza or whatever. And washing it and making it all shiny makes one wonder WHAT DID THEY THINK HAPPENED AND CLEANED THE CAR SO MUCH? Because when Cindy called 911 they did not know their grandaughter was missing or ''taken'' initially. Cindy was genuinely upset with the realization that the ''nanny'' took the child. Yet they washed the clothes in the inside of the car and washed the exterior of the car.

4. My question is what did THEY think happened and felt they had to clean the car? Plus we know they admit to police about the pants, etc. but what if they took out of the car other items as well? Items the LE has no way now knowing that were in the car.

Making the tires of the car so clean and spotless also fits with this no? Any evidence of mud and dirt gone (perhaps not gone since we don't know what the LE really has but the tires do look really really clean)

2. Who fixed the damage?

Tony's car was towed at his request on June 9.

I don't know the date the SUV was damaged, but the car was towed on June 9, repaired and picked up the same day.

Since Caylee was seen by great-grandparents after this, I don't think the two are related.

If you still want the information, you can PM me and I'll give you the info I found in the 400 pages.:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back