Community Support For Haleigh And Family

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
There is an outpouring of support for finding Haleigh and for the families in this case. I thought it would be a good idea to document some of those who are supporting them.

Here is one example that Indiana found:

Originally Posted by Indiana
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...131659&catid=3

A woman left a six-week-old chihuahua for Haleigh's mother. She told the family the puppy is for Haleigh when she comes home

Awww what sweet people they have there

I will go back and find the link...but the principal of Haleigh's school rallied the team and brought over groceries, water, and hot dishes for the family! The principal stated in the short video clip I watched that the supplies poured in from the school...

There was a post about a local church showing support - link plz?

Thanx KaylynnCouture! May God hear all the prayers being sent up for this little one and let her be found soon.:angel:

What comfort and distraction a pup would be to the family. I've experenced that myself, pulls me right out of my funk. It does help.

Thank You SS for posting this tread!

I'm sure it helps RJ to play with this puppy and take his mind off all the grown ups walking around and all the talk he hears!!

Yes lots of people have stepped up and did lots for this family and I'm so glad that there are people around that care!

You are welcome, Indiana~ (And Welcome to WS!)

I do think a puppy helps heal broken hearts. Rj needed something to help him feel a bit more secure and keep his little mind busy. At 4yo, he knows what is going on even if he doesn't understand the ramifications. It must be hard for him. I am glad someone thought to give him such a gift.

The people in the community seem to be stepping up to help the families. I would like to hear the ways they are pulling together in this case.

Palatka Bingo Palace gives money to charity for certain games. Proceeds are going for Haleigh's family. You can also put money in collection jars & that is being done. Friend told me they're collecting like $250.00 per session. Everyone near the area is heartsick about it.

I love the puppy idea, he will be a big help and joy to little Junior.

Also a good idea to keep up with donations and the outpourings of the public, and business contributors, as we can learn for in the future how to reach out and help others in times of needs. The internet has given us an up close and personable look in real time in others lives, putting it to good use makes me feel like I'm donating and doing something worthwhile.

When the last day of TE and volunteers were out on Caylee's official search, I made several calls to some of the food vendors and chatted up with management and they were giving extras, special cooking and displaying the foods for outdoors as they were able too. Throwing in extra napkins, plates, condiments, is always a nice gesture. So getting involved does help make progress if anyone out there is wondering how they could help and if they count, you do, no matter how small you may feel the gift is, it's still giving.

Keeping up with this thread, thanks all for your contributions to Haleigh and her family who are doing their part right here on this thread.

I also like this idea because it needs to be done, keep people honest, let others see how others give and might encourage them also to give. I really would like to see Haleigh and her loved ones treated generously. Can you give to the actual reward fund that's in the thousands as just a small contribution, or is that set up for business, the big puppies?

I want to put some money directly in Ron's hands myself, I think.

eta: nursebeme and cheko I just read your latest posts, aaaaawww

http://www.wftv.com/news/18757844/detail.html

(at the end of the embeded video)

A woman is driving a camper over for the family to stay in to get them out of the tent they are living in :)

I just read about the camper, and wanted to add a few comments, hope it's okay to put here. This was a wonderful, thoughtful, generous idea and very thankful that someone thought to help the family in this way. One more comment about the puppy. I would like to apologize for Grandstanding and getting upset over a lady trying to help a little boy. I did not stop to think of it from that point of view, before my hot little scared, angry, hands saw young animal and let lose. Again, i am sorry, Any and all support offered to a family with a loved one missing should be given my thanks not judgements.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back