Caylee vs Sandra Memorial and Family Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdavidson11

You are not alone in this journey
Reaction score
After watching Sandra's memorial today, it made me think of poor Caylee. The memorial for Sandra was all about her wonderful life, the family giving personal thanks to LE, different agencies, and individuals for all of there help and even apologized if they forgot to thank anyone. There were no coded messages, rantings, or the focus taken off of beautiful Sandra whose life ended to soon. Poor Caylee's memorial was quite the opposite and in my opinion in was more for the families financial gain and to be able to speak code to the accused murderer of Caylee. I would like to hear others perspectives about the memorial differences of these two little girls whose lives were cut short by a murderer. Not a bashing thread but the noticeable differences and the reason why they had the differences.

The gym at that high school was packed with people who came to remember Sandra. There obviously wasn't a guard at the door checking for people who were on a "disinvite list."

There was tremendous graciousness and dignity.

Well, we must admit that in Sandra's case it wasn't a family member that took her life, I am sure that made some difference. I can understand some of the Anthony's being torn between Caylee and KC, but KC is an adult that most likely killed a defenceless baby. I also understand that the Anthony's still love KC and that is why instead of trying to cover up her lies they should be talking her into taking a plea deal and confessing.

And it seemed as though the public and community were actually involved. Not just an audience, but actively participating in celebrating her life and mourning her death. Dunno, seemed wholesome to me, real, genuine, which is as it should be. The other, though beautiful to the mourners in so many ways, almost came acrossed as a , well, a show.

I felt that the class and style of the Cantus far out shadowed the self important Anthonys. Poor Caylee's memorial was overwhelmed by the self indulgence of the family, while Sandra's was all about her and her all too short life. No one should have to go through anything like this, ever, not even the A's, but it's the response to life's tragedies that truly shows character.

I saw bits and pieces of it on HLN. During that short time that I was watching, two of the commentators made comments about how much more dignified/sincere (my words, my bad memory) this was than "what went on in Florida."

Sandra's Memorial was heartfelt, simple and revolved around her and the short life she had. There was no special lighting effects, no 'entertainment', no pleas to write her killer in jail and no phony baloney. It was "real".

Well, we must admit that in Sandra's case it wasn't a family member that took her life, I am sure that made some difference. I can understand some of the Anthony's being torn between Caylee and KC, but KC is an adult that most likely killed a defenceless baby. I also understand that the Anthony's still love KC and that is why instead of trying to cover up her lies they should be talking her into taking a plea deal and confessing.

VERY TRUE, however it was a close member of their community that has been arraigned for the murder. It is somewhat different when a parent kills their child but a sunday school teacher and neighbor runs a close second IMO. At any rate the service today was beautiful and very respectful for Little Sandra. I did not feel that "Caylee's Memorial" was about her at all. Instead just a platform for the A's to spread their bs. The only thing respectful for Caylee was the video show and prayers of the Pastor. Other than that, it was the Cindy Show along with other weirdness of the Anthony family.

:rose: Rest In Peace Caylee & Sandra :rose:

After watching Sandra's memorial today, it made me think of poor Caylee. The memorial for Sandra was all about her wonderful life, the family giving personal thanks to LE, different agencies, and individuals for all of there help and even apologized if they forgot to thank anyone. There were no coded messages, rantings, or the focus taken off of beautiful Sandra whose life ended to soon. Poor Caylee's memorial was quite the opposite and in my opinion in was more for the families financial gain and to be able to speak code to the accused murderer of Caylee. I would like to hear others perspectives about the memorial differences of these two little girls whose lives were cut short by a murderer. Not a bashing thread but the noticeable differences and the reason why they had the differences.

$$$

That AND their daughter wasn't murdered by her own mother ..

The Anthonys disgraced Caylee's memory ..
The Cantus memorialized Sandra's life ..

The gym at that high school was packed with people who came to remember Sandra. There obviously wasn't a guard at the door checking for people who were on a "disinvite list."

There was tremendous graciousness and dignity.
---------------------
They are gracious and dignified people.My heart goes out to them.Sandra was such a beautiful little girl.:angel:

It goes to show you, doesn't matter where you are on the socioeconomic scale-you either have class or you don't.

Sandra was found right away. I'm not saying that her family would not have still had a touching memorial but it's hard in my mind to compare the service for Sandra who was found right away with that of Caylee who was found almost 6 months after her disappearance. Who knows what might have come up with the Cantu family had the crime played in the news everyday for 6 mos.

---------------------
They are gracious and dignified people.My heart goes out to them.Sandra was such a beautiful little girl.:angel:

Sandra's family memorialized HER! The family went to great lengths to make the community & everyone who helped in any way know they were so special for all of there efforts & never forgotten for everything they did. Which is how it should be.

The A's also had a chance to make little Caylee's the very same way. They had many people to thank TES / Tim Miller / the 1000's of volunteers who searched for Caylee when it was so hot / the FBI / OLE / the media ( whether they liked them or not) the story was kept in the limelight for so long. There comes a point where you have to let the anger go / prove your a bigger person, the A's had every chance in the world & never grasped it.

Sandra's family did a remarkable job & can hold there heads high.

Sandra was found right away. I'm not saying that her family would not have still had a touching memorial but it's hard in my mind to compare the service for Sandra who was found right away with that of Caylee who was found almost 6 months after her disappearance. Who knows what might have come up with the Cantu family had the crime played in the news everyday for 6 mos.

I would like to quote a snip from "Cara's Mom," to answer your question---

...You either have class or you don't.

Sandra's family did do a wonderful job. There was no one trying to cover up the facts of her death. They just celebrated her life, as a memorial should be. Her family will be in my prayers for a long time. They still have a long way to go, and the media is involved so they will hear all the terrible things that were done to her over and over and I am sure it will feel brand new each time they hear it. In contrast to Caylee's family, who seem to be immune to the facts of this horrible crime. They have lost the focus, which should have always been only Caylee.

moo

The memorial for Sandra was a memorial about the victim, not the killer or the the mother. Cindy Anthony made it all about herself and Casey Anthony. Caylee's memorial was the Cindy Anthony show. I may not be Leonard Padilla's biggest fan, but if I had to choose between Casey and Cindy's err I mean Caylee's memorial, I would have choose his. Hands down.

I am so glad you made this thread, as I was thinking the same thing earlier!
what a contrast!
The NOT thanking anyone has made the Anthony's behavior so extremely odd and bizarre. And really, how many friends and family came to Caylee's memorial. Most of them were painfully absent:(

My Prayers to the Cantu family as well as to little Caylee.

I don't believe time makes any difference in class and lack of.

This thread is great because I was thinking the same thing as I watched the memorial myself. THanks.

all I know is that Sandra has really hit hard for me.....It was also handled so much more dignified-the parts I saw---couldn't do alot of it due to tears....I fell for the family---you could see the loss they felt yet the joy in knowing her---I really lost it when her classmates signed the casket.....

It was a huge contrast between the two--to bad ca made it about her and to bad kc made her opinion of ca's plans known--they both took away what could have been a wonderful memorial towards Caylee---but had to steal her center stage yet again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee