The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original plan was for the girls to stay all night at a Branson motel. That was cancelled and then it was to stay at the Kirby residence. Then Suzie and Stacy changed plans again and headed for the Streeter home.

I've never really bought this. I believe that Stacy told her mom that she and her friends were staying in a Branson hotel that night, but I don't believe that there really were plans to do so. One, good luck finding a hotel that will rent to 18 year olds. Two, somebody had to pay for that room if they didn't show up, but didn't cancel 24 hours or so in advance. If they didn't have reservations, I doubt they could have found a hotel in Branson with vacancies that night.

Who were the other "friends" staying with them in the hotel?
Who reserved the room?
what hotel were they staying at?

I'm pretty certain that the hotel was a way for Stacy to stay out and party all night or to stay with someone else that her mother didn't approve of. We have no evidence that Suzie told Sherril that there were hotel plans in Branson.

Now the question in my mind is did Stacy call her mom and say she was staying with Janelle because she was planning.on staying out all night/staying with someone else and she didn't want her to worry that the girls were driving to Branson (especially if Janice was expecting a call from Stacy when she got to the hotel) or did Janelle invite the girls to spend the night (which seems suspect to me--no way she didn't know so many people were already staying over that there wasn't room)

Either way, I think the kids that the girls were hanging out with that night know much more than they're letting on.

mb,

I totally agree. Your analysis also explains why Janis McCall sounds so bitter about Suzie pressuring Stacy to stay with her, etc., because Suzie could have been the "excuse" for what Stacy herself wanted to do (e.g., "Suzie is really upset and wants me to..."). Is there any evidence that Suzie wanted to stay away from home, and whether it was to be a regular sleepover or the hotel thing? Suzie could have told Sherrill the hotel story but do we know? Neither of them is here to explain their understanding. And why drive to Branson?

The whole "overnight bag" issue also comes up. Janis McCall mentioned in a media interview that Stacy had a bag. MM and I spent lots of energy on that a while back, to no avail. Was there any evidence that Suzie had such a bag? If not, either she wasn't in on the Branson hotel thing or there never was a plan like that or it was always a stay out and party plan. Suzie would have needed a swimsuit, not to mention a toothbrush.

If it was always intended to be an all-night party, the party or what was left of it might have moved to Suzie's house or at least followed the girls there. Just as all we really know of the time frame (beginning with the arrival at Janelle's and ending with Janis McCall's arrival at the Streeter home) comes from Janelle, all we know about the girls' plans comes from either Janelle or the McCalls. I am sure LE has statements from other kids at various parties but the "girls" ostensibly planning the hotel stay and the water park trip were always (so far as we know) Janelle, Stacy and Suzie. Was Mike the only boy supposed to go? What other kids were involved? There's a lot we don't know that LE knows but even more that we don't know because Suzie and Sherrill are both gone. So we have no way to get their perspective, other than what Sherrill's friends might have heard from Sherrill about the events of the weekend. It's at least possible that this case began as a party gone bad.

My understanding is that she and her husband went to the house after the event at the lake. (Mini Boat races....something like that). I have never heard that they tracked down JK and MH at the Hydroslide. I would have surely though that if they were going to go to the Hydorslide, they would have done it during the day.

Personally, I want to know what they were doing all day! And you're absoutely correct that they did control the crime scene until aprox. 9:00pm 6/7/1992 when Janis McCall came to the Delmar house. When the police came to the residence at aprox 10:30pm they found the following people at the house:

Janeller Kirby
Mike Henson
Mr. Stuart McCall
Ms. Janis McCall
Meridith McCall (Stacys sister)
Lisa McCall (Stacys sister)
Adina Ruthrauff (Friend of Stacy & Susie)
Darlene Ruthrauff (Mother of Adina)
Randy Kirby (Janelles Father)
Kathy Kirby (Mother of Janelle)

That's a lot of people. And I am struck by the presence of the Kirbys but none of Sherrill's friends. And no one with the sense that touching stuff might not be a good idea.

I believed we confirmed that Stacy had an overnight bag. However, Suzie need not have had an overnight bag in her own home laid out. She could have gotten that together the next morning. She would, however, have had to have the swimsuit and toothbrush when she did leave, obviously. Of course, if it really was the intention to go to Branson it would be logical to have packed an overnight bag, even for Suzie. If one was not packed, it seems as though it would go to her frame of mind that there never was any intention to go to Branson that night.

The questions that "mb" asked are vital to understanding the girl's frame of mind. Did they have reservations, etc.? One would think the police would have gone to some trouble to see if anyone had made reservations. I wonder if Mrs. McCall was ever given any information what hotel they were planning to stay. The original plans were to go to Branson to which I would think Mrs. McCall would have inquired or been told which one they could be reached. I say this as having made a good number of trips during my working career I always advised my wife where to reach me. To assume that a hotel room is going to be available in the middle of the night is certainly poor planning if in fact it was just going to be take your chances. By all accounts Mrs. McCall was very protective of Stacy. I wonder why this question hasn't been posed previously, or I am not aware that it has come up before. Odd.

Here is a passage from a very early article in the Kansas City Star, posted on Thread 2 by tangledweb:

Graduation parties The evening before they disappeared was filled with frivolity.

Streeter and McCall, longtime friends but not particularly close ones, had graduated from Kickapoo High School. The night would be spent celebrating.

It was about 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 6. Classmate Janelle Kirby remembers Streeter arriving at her house first. McCall came a few minutes later in her own car.

The first party of the night was at the home of Kirby's next-door neighbors.

"Suzie had a little stomach ache, but nothing else was bothering her," friend Shane Appleby remembered. "She was excited about finally graduating. Everything was kind of open for us.

Anything we wanted to do was out there now, and we could just reach for it. " Appleby, 18, said Streeter always called him her big brother, even though she is a few months older.

"Her license plate says it all: SWEETR," Appleby said. "She's a sweet girl. She's a person you can always depend on. Anytime I was down or troubled, she would give me good advice. She'd tell me to stand up on my own and be my own person. " Appleby said he and Streeter spent much of graduation night reminiscing about their high school days - the people they had met, the things they had done.

Streeter is friendly but shy, friends said. She is more likely to stick closer to people she knows. McCall, on the other hand, bounces about a party and immediately brings life to everyone around her.

"You can be as down as down can go, and Stacy will come up and make you laugh and smile," said Kirby, McCall's best friend.

By about 2 a.m. Sunday, the parties were winding down. McCall decided she would spend the night with Streeter and the group would meet later that morning to head for a water amusement park in Branson, Mo.

"I saw Suzie and Stacy walk down to their cars," Appleby said.

"Everything was normal. That was the last time I saw them. "

Plans to go to Branson

Levitt, as much a friend to her daughter as a mother, apparently spent the evening at home. A private person who had been divorced twice, Levitt seems to prefer redecorating her house, which she bought this spring, to going out.

Her daughter's friends marvel at the relationship between Levitt and Streeter. The two can talk about anything. Levitt is very protective of her daughter, yet gives her the room to make her own decisions, friends said.

Levitt spoke by telephone with a friend about 9:30 p.m. She gave no indication of any trouble or concerns. There has been no confirmed contact with Levitt since.

Streeter was not supposed to be home that evening. Initial plans had her staying with McCall and their other friends at a hotel room in Branson. That shifted over the night to their sleeping at one of the friends' homes in Battlefield, Mo. But in the end there were too many people there, so Streeter invited McCall over to her home. The two are thought to have arrived about 2:30 a.m. Sunday, June 7. When friends didn't hear from the pair Sunday morning about the day trip to Branson, they tried calling, then went to the house.

They found all three women's cars in the driveway, locked. They found the house unoccupied but left unlocked - something Levitt wouldn't do. The globe from a porch light was shattered on the ground.

"We cleaned it up because we knew Sherrill wouldn't want it that way," Kirby said. "Normally, the second it broke she would have cleaned it up. " Still not suspecting anything was wrong, as many as 18 friends that day walked through the house, looking for some indication of where Levitt, Streeter and McCall may have been.

Who was "the group" going to Branson? In this version, as opposed to the video trailer above, Suzie is fine, except for a stomach ache, and Stacy is doing the "deciding." Part of our problem is just media reporting getting things half-right, or stories evolving over time, or people telling things in a way that makes some people look better and others worse. I'd give a lot to know what Sherrill's friends heard about the girls' plans or to hear what all was on the Levitt-Streeter answering machine. And didn't we later learn that Sherrill had talked to someone else later in the evening?

Lots of the links in the media thread go nowhere now, in part I think because of paywalls and reorganized sites. We probably need to re-do a lot of that stuff. If we can find the stuff, we need to make hard copies and pdfs, just in case, even for our own use. Lots of the most pertinent stuff is quoted on other threads, but we are better off if we work with the materials, identified, rather than what we remember. I forgot Wednesday, last week, for example!

Here is a passage from a very early article in the Kansas City Star, posted on Thread 2 by tangledweb:

Who was "the group" going to Branson? In this version, as opposed to the video trailer above, Suzie is fine, except for a stomach ache, and Stacy is doing the "deciding." Part of our problem is just media reporting getting things half-right, or stories evolving over time, or people telling things in a way that makes some people look better and others worse. I'd give a lot to know what Sherrill's friends heard about the girls' plans or to hear what all was on the Levitt-Streeter answering machine. And didn't we later learn that Sherrill had talked to someone else later in the evening?

Lots of the links in the media thread go nowhere now, in part I think because of paywalls and reorganized sites. We probably need to re-do a lot of that stuff. If we can find the stuff, we need to make hard copies and pdfs, just in case, even for our own use. Lots of the most pertinent stuff is quoted on other threads, but we are better off if we work with the materials, identified, rather than what we remember. I forgot Wednesday, last week, for example!

I believe the idea of spending the night in Branson never got off the ground. The original idea was from one of the 3 girls. A 4th girl was asked a day or two before graduation to come along but she couldn't be there. I don't think any plans or reservations were ever made beyond that. Her plans were probably fluid and to go with the flow but I think Stacy thought that she would probably end up sleeping in her own bed at home but didn't want to be locked into a curfew from her mother. That is why she never informed her mother on the change of plans. Therefore I don't think there was an overnight bag.

If memory serves me (and without looking it up) it was around 8:00 pm before Suzie left home, arriving at the Kirby residence around 8:30. When they all walked to the Joy party next door around the corner one of the two girls (don't remember which one without looking it up) asked Brian Joy if they could spend the night there at his house. So if the Branson plans were ever serious the plans were null and void by 8:30 or so, indicating there were no reservations made anywhere. If there was any thought of plans with boys that night it might have been at Brian Joy's party. His parents were out of town for the weekend and he was having some guys spend the night there. It is unknown (at least by me) when his party was planned but if the girls knew about it early enough it is always possible that something was schemed by them there. Brian Joy first told the girls that they could stay there, before they left to go to the Elder's party but when they returned he said that they could not stay. He had thought it over and was afraid his parents might return early the next day and find the girls still there.

So far as I am concerned you have not thrown any wrenches into the works at all. In fact, you have provided a very plausible scenario of what might have happened. I would ask you this. Do you know who the fraternity or fraternities they belonged to? As you know certain fraternities have gained reputations over the years for such behavior. If the fraternity were known, it would be a relatively simple matter of the police pulling the yearbooks and getting the names and going down the list to get to the probable sexual predators. Although I graduated 40 years ago myself, I could go down the list of fraternity brothers and name those who I believed had such a propensity. I would gather that more recent events would come rather easily to memory. Personally, I think that is a very good avenue to explore from where I sit.

I would add one final thought. While it is possible to keep secrets among several people, it is always lurking in the back of their minds. They never really forget and if asked would probably welcome the chance to cleanse their consciences; especially if they had no direct part in the incident. It is all to easy to rationalize behavior but in the end it doesn't work; not if a person is not a psychopath.

I do remember the name of the fraternity, but I don't think it is right to publicly disclose it. The way this all started was that this fraternity invited all of the girls in our dorm (our dorm was the only all women's dorm on campus) over for a "mixer" and to help them make a homecoming float. There was a clipboard in the lobby at the front desk and those of us who wanted to go had to put our names on the list. My friend and I signed up along with dozens of other girls. We walked over to the frat house and there was tons of free alcohol, lots of kegs etc. From what I gathered, all the guys that were there were members of that frat. This wasn't open to the public.

I guess we were there for a couple of hours when I noticed my friend getting into a red SUV with five guys. I ran over there to catch them before they left and asked her where she was going. She said that they had offered to take her home. I tried to get her to get out of the SUV and said I would walk home with her, but she refused (she had a stubborn streak). I couldn't let her leave with them by herself. For the first time in my life, I felt great concern and fear for the safety of a friend and I couldn't ignore it. So, I said if you won't get out then I am getting in!

I told them that we lived at Woods House and what the address was. They didn't say anything. They kept driving and driving and then finally I realized that we had WALKED there, so they should have arrived at our dorm long ago. I had asked them their names and they only gave first names...and some of them were clearly made up names. I remember asking the guy who forced me to sit on his lap where he was from and he said "Nova Scotia". Finally, I asked the driver..."Where are you going?" and he said "Branson" (that was a lie, but he kept saying that).

They finally pulled into an apartment complex and told us to get out of the truck, which we did. They opened the apartment door and kind of pushed us into the apartment. The lights were all turned out and there was a guy sitting there in a chair facing the door waiting for us. He did this strange thing by moving around to different areas in this chair. He would pick it up still in a seated position and move it around the room without speaking. Then another guy came out from a different area of the apartment and started doing the same thing.

One of the guys said, "who's this?"...pointing to me. I really don't remember what was said, because I nearly went ballistic. I said, "TAKE US HOME, NOW". "I don't think we can do that" (something to that affect)...was said. I got really mouthy and asked for the phone book to call a cab and the one guy who drove snickered and said "What address are you going to tell them to pick you up at?" That was when I threatened to start screaming and beating on the walls and calling 911. Then one of the guys sitting in the ever moving chair said "Take them home".

Only one of the original five guys took us home and there wasn't any discussion of who would do it. He somehow knew that he was the one to do it. The rest stayed there. He was the guy whose lap I was sitting on during the trip to the apartment. Not one word was said on the trip back to our dorm. I was fuming. He pulled up to our dorm and as I opened the door to get out of the SUV he asked me out on a date. I told him to go to hell and was just happy to be alive. I never reported this and neither did my friend because we didn't know it was a crime.

So, these guys had gained my friend's trust somehow and that was how the ball got rolling. Stacy and Suzie could have also met some "new" guys that night who gained their trust. They may have invited them to continue the party at Suzie's house. I remember being a teenager and the one thing that would make me change my plans would be a potential love interest.

This excerpt seems contradictory to the "Disappeared" episode. As I recall, Jannelle said she had never been to the Levitt home, prior to June 7. 1992. (I stand to be corrected.) How is it that she would have known anything definitive about Sherrill cleaning something up?

"We cleaned it up because we knew Sherrill wouldn't want it that way," Kirby said. "Normally, the second it broke she would have cleaned it up. "

Perhaps she is going on what Suzie had said to her of Sherrill's habits. It may mean nothing.

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill but it is what appear to be minor details which are not consistent which cast doubt of the veracity of witnesses. I'm not sure what to make of Jannelle. Perhaps this is why multiple questioning of Jannelle was conducted by the SPD.

As to the account of the fraternity, I hope the SPD are availing themselves of this information and pursue such an angle if in fact they don't know already who the perp(s) were. It has the ring of truth and harkens back to the days when some guys would keep count of the number of women they had seduced. And that was about the time of the "date rape drugs" culture which many young women were assaulted without their knowledge.

This excerpt seems contradictory to the "Disappeared" episode. As I recall, Jannelle said she had never been to the Levitt home, prior to June 7. 1992. (I stand to be corrected.) How is it that she would have known anything definitive about Sherrill cleaning something up?

"We cleaned it up because we knew Sherrill wouldn't want it that way," Kirby said. "Normally, the second it broke she would have cleaned it up. "

Perhaps she is going on what Suzie had said to her of Sherrill's habits. It may mean nothing.

I may be making a mountain out of a molehill but it is what appear to be minor details which are not consistent which cast doubt of the veracity of witnesses. I'm not sure what to make of Jannelle. Perhaps this is why multiple questioning of Jannelle was conducted by the SPD.

As to the account of the fraternity, I hope the SPD are availing themselves of this information and pursue such an angle if in fact they don't know already who the perp(s) were. It has the ring of truth and harkens back to the days when some guys would keep count of the number of women they had seduced. And that was about the time of the "date rape drugs" culture which many young women were assaulted without their knowledge.

Not sure if Janelle had ever been to the Delmar house before that day (can't remember offhand), but I'm sure she had been to the previous home(s) Sherrill and Suzie lived in before that. So, I'm sure she was accustomed to Sherrill's habits and likes/dislikes when it came to how she liked her home to be.

Of course the problem with media accounts is that almost everything hinges on the reporter's skill and diligence as well as the memory and integrity of the people who are interviewed. The KC Star article is clearly an early one. if I can find the Springfield articles, we can do some comparing.

I can see why Janelle and Mike would sweep up the glass, just because it posed a hazard and it might seem to be a thoughtful thing to do, Forget what Sherrill would have "wanted"; at that point they didn't know she wasn't coming home in a minute or two. It's still very pushy. And I am still not clear on how they got a broom and dustpan to do that.

I believe the idea of spending the night in Branson never got off the ground. The original idea was from one of the 3 girls. A 4th girl was asked a day or two before graduation to come along but she couldn't be there. I don't think any plans or reservations were ever made beyond that. Her plans were probably fluid and to go with the flow but I think Stacy thought that she would probably end up sleeping in her own bed at home but didn't want to be locked into a curfew from her mother. That is why she never informed her mother on the change of plans. Therefore I don't think there was an overnight bag.

If memory serves me (and without looking it up) it was around 8:00 pm before Suzie left home, arriving at the Kirby residence around 8:30. When they all walked to the Joy party next door around the corner one of the two girls (don't remember which one without looking it up) asked Brian Joy if they could spend the night there at his house. So if the Branson plans were ever serious the plans were null and void by 8:30 or so, indicating there were no reservations made anywhere. If there was any thought of plans with boys that night it might have been at Brian Joy's party. His parents were out of town for the weekend and he was having some guys spend the night there. It is unknown (at least by me) when his party was planned but if the girls knew about it early enough it is always possible that something was schemed by them there. Brian Joy first told the girls that they could stay there, before they left to go to the Elder's party but when they returned he said that they could not stay. He had thought it over and was afraid his parents might return early the next day and find the girls still there.

Thats Incorrect in a couple ways:

Number one, Stacy did have a swim suit with her that was found at Susies house, I also thought she had a bag....but thats not made clear in the accounts...at least ones that I've run across.

Number two, According to the original police report, the "LAST" party they attended was 5002 Coach (Greeson Residence). The 1500 Block of Hanover Street party that was broken up by police at aprox. 1:40am. They went from the 5002 Coach party to Janelles house around the corner at 4961 Butterfield Place. Janelle claims that she last saw them at aprox. 2:00am. Mike H. and Shane A. were supposidly there when the girls left.....where did they go afterwards? Janelle went inside according to her mothers account, and went to bed. Think they carried the party elsewhere?

Not sure if Janelle had ever been to the Delmar house before that day (can't remember offhand), but I'm sure she had been to the previous home(s) Sherrill and Suzie lived in before that. So, I'm sure she was accustomed to Sherrill's habits and likes/dislikes when it came to how she liked her home to be.

Janelle stated in the Discovered Video that came out recently, that they "She and Mike" had never been to the house prior to the two of them going over there at aprox. 12:30pm on 6/7/1992.

Where did Janelle say that? She didn't say it in the Disappeared Video....or any of the other videos out ther. I've never read that either. Not meaning to be contrary, but I've never read anywhere that Janelle said that. She DID SAY, that they cleaned the glass up as "A Favor To Sherrill"....which sounded equally as strange.

Of course the problem with media accounts is that almost everything hinges on the reporter's skill and diligence as well as the memory and integrity of the people who are interviewed. The KC Star article is clearly an early one. if I can find the Springfield articles, we can do some comparing.

I can see why Janelle and Mike would sweep up the glass, just because it posed a hazard and it might seem to be a thoughtful thing to do, Forget what Sherrill would have "wanted"; at that point they didn't know she wasn't coming home in a minute or two. It's still very pushy. And I am still not clear on how they got a broom and dustpan to do that.

Thats another point of contention: There are two different stories. Aparently one states that they cleaned up the glass as a "Favor to Sherrill"....when asked where they got the broom, they said from the kitchen in one story, but they had stated that they "Hadn't" been in the house prior to cleaning up the glass...oops.....In the other they got the broom from under the carport. Either way Police had to have recovered the shards of glass from the globe. I also would love to know if it just the producers of the Disappeared Video making Janelle play up the whole part about Cinnimon, Sherrills dog, acting anxious, and Janelle stating "She wanted to be held".

But if you want to take that another step.....watch original footage of Janelle's interview with the KY3 reporter, also watch the Disappeared Video footage of her, and Bartt.....before you do though, go to a few web sites and bone up on how to spot deception in peoples body language and micro expressions and verbage used. And then watch the videos, rewind them and watch them over several times, you will pick up many very obvious, as some very suttle things. Watch them and be your own judge......just do me a favor, bone up on the whole how to spot deception thing first.....it makes sorting out whats going on a whole lot easier.

I agree. During the Levitt marriage they were living in the same subdivision with the Kirby''s. Janelle and Suzie were best friends during the years the McCall's had moved away. Janelle would have certainly formed an opinion about how Sherrill lived and kept house whether she had ever been to 1717 before or not.

Thats Incorrect in a couple ways:

Number one, Stacy did have a swim suit with her that was found at Susies house, I also thought she had a bag....but thats not made clear in the accounts...at least ones that I've run across.

Number two, According to the original police report, the "LAST" party they attended was 5002 Coach (Greeson Residence). The 1500 Block of Hanover Street party that was broken up by police at aprox. 1:40am. They went from the 5002 Coach party to Janelles house around the corner at 4961 Butterfield Place. Janelle claims that she last saw them at aprox. 2:00am. Mike H. and Shane A. were supposidly there when the girls left.....where did they go afterwards? Janelle went inside according to her mothers account, and went to bed. Think they carried the party elsewhere?

And how was the bathing suit found? Is it reasonable to think that if Stacy had an overnight bag she went to her car and removed her bathing suit and her migrane medication from the bag without bringing the bag inside? When she removed her shorts and jewelry for the night she wouldn't have placed them inside an overnight bag if she had one, but chose to put them on top of her shoes instead? That doesn't add up.

Brian Joy lived around the corner at 5002 Coach from the Kirby residence, with his mother and step-father. Their names were Gleason. The Elder party on Hanover St was an impromptu party that came about when Michelle Elder's mom told her during dinner that she could have a few friends over.

So what have I stated that is incorrect?

And how was the bathing suit found? Is it reasonable to think that if Stacy had an overnight bag she went to her car and removed her bathing suit and her migrane medication from the bag without bringing the bag inside? When she removed her shorts and jewelry for the night she wouldn't have placed them inside an overnight bag if she had one, but chose to put them on top of her shoes instead? That doesn't add up.

Brian Joy lived around the corner at 5002 Coach from the Kirby residence, with his mother and step-father. Their names were Gleason. The Elder party on Hanover St was an impromptu party that came about when Michelle Elder's mom told her during dinner that she could have a few friends over.

So what have I stated that is incorrect?

You're not making sense? In your original post you posted " Stacy thought that she would probably end up sleeping in her own bed at home but didn't want to be locked into a curfew from her mother. That is why she never informed her mother on the change of plans. Therefore I don't think there was an overnight bag.

Then you posted: "Is it reasonable to think that if Stacy had an overnight bag she went to her car and removed her bathing suit and her migrane medication from the bag without bringing the bag inside? When she removed her shorts and jewelry for the night she wouldn't have placed them inside an overnight bag if she had one, but chose to put them on top of her shoes instead? That doesn't add up.

I'm confused...are you saying that you think she may have had an overnight bag out in the car. Or one that is "Missing" now that she had with her that night?

Her Jewelery is another point of contention: Janelles account of what she and Mike found at 1717 Delmar on 6/7/92 stated that there were wash cloths in the bathroom where they had "Supposidly" taken their make-up off, and that their jewelery was sitting on the counter top as well.

But, in the original police report it states that one of the officers found Stacys jewelery in the pocket of her shorts that were still folded next to Susies bed.

You're not making sense? In your original post you posted " Stacy thought that she would probably end up sleeping in her own bed at home but didn't want to be locked into a curfew from her mother. That is why she never informed her mother on the change of plans. Therefore I don't think there was an overnight bag.

Then you posted: "Is it reasonable to think that if Stacy had an overnight bag she went to her car and removed her bathing suit and her migrane medication from the bag without bringing the bag inside? When she removed her shorts and jewelry for the night she wouldn't have placed them inside an overnight bag if she had one, but chose to put them on top of her shoes instead? That doesn't add up.

I'm confused...are you saying that you think she may have had an overnight bag out in the car. Or one that is "Missing" now that she had with her that night?

Her Jewelery is another point of contention: Janelles account of what she and Mike found at 1717 Delmar on 6/7/92 stated that there were wash cloths in the bathroom where they had "Supposidly" taken their make-up off, and that their jewelery was sitting on the counter top as well.

But, in the original police report it states that one of the officers found Stacys jewelery in the pocket of her shorts that were still folded next to Susies bed.

There was no overnight bag, otherwise Stacy's bathing suit, jewelry and shorts would have likely been in the bag. Why would she take out the bathing suit? What else of value could the bag have contained? Her medication was not in there. What could the perps have wanted with the bag after throwing the bathing suit aside?

Suzie's jewelry was found beside the sink. Stacy's jewelry was found in the pockets of her shorts, including a new ring she had received as a graduation present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv