Identified! IL - Channahon, Male found in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Scott Dudko

NamUs link is already gone. I was hoping Carlk would do his 'magic' and post the recon and Scotts photo from the Charley link and the NamUs link before they were removed.

IIRC, the namus link is in John Spira's thread.

RIP Scott. Prayers to your family and friends.

NamUs link is already gone. I was hoping Carlk would do his 'magic' and post the recon and Scotts photo from the Charley link and the NamUs link before they were removed.

IIRC, the namus link is in John Spira's thread.

RIP Scott. Prayers to your family and friends.

Scott M. Dudko

2233420490045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Dudko, circa 2008

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: December 15, 2008 from Woodridge, Illinois
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: November 17, 1977
Height and Weight: 5'8, 130 - 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Dudko's hair is thinning and he usually wears it in a ponytail. He had a slight mustache and goatee at the time of his disappearance. He has a scar over his right eye.

Details of Disappearance
Dudko was last seen in Woodridge, Illinois on December 15, 2008. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

TY Carl.

I don't recall a sketch at NamUs. I do recall looking at the rule out list and seeing John Spira's name.

I'm saddened Scott's case was not as well known as some of the other missing males from the NE IL area.

Sleep in Peace Scott

Poor guy...haven't heard about him missing before :(

I never saw a reconstruction and IIRC no skull was recovered. Rest in Peace, Scott. DNA from his late father's autopsy was matched to the remains; I wonder if his father died around the time Scott went missing. That might explain the delay in reporting his disappearance if the family was caring for their ailing relative.

TY. I had forgotten that detail tatertot. I remember now because I had asked in the John Spira thread why they didn't use dentals and then after looking at the NamUs link deleted my post.

The FB link is fine. Nice looking guy. The oldies pictures are neat.
I'm so sorry his friends and family lost him and pray answers are found and Justice is served.

I think it's weird that it appears they don't really know the circumstances of his disappearance. Who saw him last? Did he say anything? Acting any differently? Worried about people? Hanging out with a new crowd? There's something out there as they have a specific date, wonder why that info isn't being shared.

Also, why in the world did it take so long to call him in as missing? It was 3 months after he was found...I can't help but wonder what kind of life he lived to make it not seem weird that he was gone for so long. Unless he said he was going away for a while. Clearly people were aware that he was missing because on his FB page the owner of the page said "thanks for all that were worried the last year & a half" or something along those lines.

For those that did not know him, I want you to know that Scott was a generous, kind hearted guy that would give you the shirt off his back. He stayed by his mother's side and cared for her through sickness and death and he did the same for his father, providing financial and emotional support in the best of times and ...the worste of times. In fact, he cared for an unrelated elderly woman for many years, when her family treated her like a burdon. Scott was also a talented guitar player, a hard worker, and a great friend. He was full of life, passionate, and well loved by those who knew him.

I also want to address some of the questions that have been asked here. Please understand that Scott was reported soon after he disappeared in December 2008. Many of his friends and family contacted Woodridge police and reported their concerns. The Woodridge Police refused to follow any of the leads for over a year, telling me specifically that he had the right to dissapear if he wanted too. I have phone records of numerous calls to the police department throughout the time he was missing, only one of which was returned. I love you Scott and miss you. I hope you can rest peacefully knowing that you changed my life and many others for the better

Thank you Dissension - there is always more to the unidentified than a face and a name and he clearly was a wonderful human being. Sadly, many missing adults are brushed off by LE for that reason - hopefully whoever did this is brought to justice, and soon. Thank you for sharing your stories of Scott with us.

Thank you for sharing a bit about Scott with us Dissension. It's nice to know more about the man he was other than a face and a name. Sadly police don't put much into missing adults. Especially missing male adults. I'm sorry for your loss and will keep yourself and those who loved Scott in my prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back