GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may have connected the receipt to him, but that was not how they found him. At least not if you believe what was reported in that news article. :)
?

Are you saying that LE followed up on his documented presence across the road from TH's truck at the College? Makes sense...part of their job. Or DNA on the beer cans or other evidence in Tina's home?

Or did I miss something?

I wonder if this timeframe is accurate. This is the first time that I heard when the purchase was made, but before makes it sound like this wasn't a spur of the moment crime.

"Suspect Matthew J Hoffman was known to have bought tarps and trash bags before the three vanished along with 13-year-old Sarah Maynard, Herrmann's daughter who was found alive Sunday bound in the basement of Hoffman's home."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ting-frustrated-as-they-hunt-for-miracle.html

The sheriff hasn't stated when MH bought the items at Walmart, and this might be the reason why. If the items were purchased prior to last Wednesday, then it all goes to premeditated.

IMO MH could set up evidences before he was arrested. I still feel he playing a game with LE. He sick :(

On the 10:00 PM news on WTTE 28 in Columbus tonight, it was reported that there has been no credit card or financial activity of any kind since the two women disappeared last week and that hopes of the missing trio being found alive is diminishing each day. It also did say that there will be more ground searches tomorrow.

If Tina, Stephanie, and Kody are deceased, I hope their remains are found soon. It's the latter half of November already and a heavy snow storm could blanket the area in snow soon, making finding them more difficult.

You can have premeditation in a few seconds.

Cazzie, I'm saying that Hoffman was first on their radar because they noticed him sitting in his car by the bike trail. IMO they tried to get DNA or prints from the beer cans, and can place MH in the house, if the results show his DNA/prints on them.

I hadn't known they found the receipt in Tina's house (I'd read speculation from members here that they found it in one of their vehicles), nor did I know that Stephanie and MH visited the same tanning place (just read that a few minutes ago).

Thanks to all of you posting this information!

ETA
If they did find the receipt at Tina's, depending on where they found it, I think it would make sense that they look into who purchased the items.

Hello everyone! I've been lurking.
The question I have is did SM see her mother after school?
All I've seen is SM seen her mom wednesday.

This is so confusing , I have never seen such shoddy reporting.

Hello everyone! I've been lurking.
The question I have is did SM see her mother after school?
All I've seen is SM seen her mom wednesday.

Yes. Wednesday night (last week) was the day she was held captive, and the last day she saw her mother and brother with MH.

Correct me if I am wrong, sleuths.

Was the beer on the receipt?

ETA
Don't guess so. But then again, this receipt says it was found in HIS home. BBM

http://wjr.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=118&itemid=29598800

Barber told reporters Tuesday that police had discovered a Walmart receipt for tarps, garbage bags and a T-shirt at Hoffman's home. He said investigators had since found tarps and garbage bags he described as "significant to the investigation."

IMO: MH could have taken care of the women before the kids got home from school, sat around and drank?? until the kids got there. JMO

Breaking news on 10TV according to the FB page. A hunter believes he has found something...it's prompting a new search. An area where he saw buzzards over yesterday and today.

Yes. Wednesday night (last week) was the day she was held captive, and the last day she saw her mother and brother with MH.

Correct me if I am wrong, sleuths.

I think the issue is: Did S last see her mom on Wednesday morning when S left for school?

Or Wednesday afternoon when she returned from school? Or that evening?

It could be that Tina and Stephanie were taken during the morning/early afternoon, and the kids when they returned from school.

Teaser: Columbus, Ohio Only 10TV is with those that scrambled to put together an emergency search for the three missing from Knox County on the instincts of a bow hunter. Hear why he says it’s imperative they search a secluded field near Tina Herrmann’s house

Breaking news on 10TV according to the FB page. A hunter believes he has found something...it's prompting a new search. An area where he saw buzzards over yesterday and today.

:( Hopefully just a dead animal. I don't want it to end this way. I still am holding out hope for a miracle as one has already happened with finding Sarah.

Welcome Csd!

I think it was verified by the daughter that she saw her mom after school that night. She specifically says her mother and brother. She did not see Stephanie that afternoon.

**Upthread someone said that there was a news article that claimed Stephanie thought she was being stalked. Does anyone know where that article is? TIA!

I believe the sheriff stated the receipt was for tarps, trash bags, a t shirt, and a sandwich. If I recall correctly.

These reports don't mention the sandwich, but I remember "hearing" it too (reading).

MOUNT VERNON, Ohio (AP) -- A sheriff in central Ohio says a tarp and trash bags were taken from the home of a 13-year-old girl who was found bound and gagged in the basement of a man's home about 10 miles away.

Knox County Sheriff David Barber said Tuesday that the items found in the girl's home in Howard are significant to the investigation. He also says a Wal-Mart receipt listing tarps and trash bags has been found, but would not say where or when.

http://wsbradio.com/common/ap/2010/11/16/D9JHEOK00.html

Does anyone have a somewhat reliable news source? I mean one that has about 50 percent of the facts straight ...

ETA
Sandwich source (at least one anyway)

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/16/hope-fading.html?sid=101

The sheriff also confirmed that investigators had a receipt indicating that Matthew J. Hoffman, the man accused of kidnapping a 13-year-old girl and holding her captive at his Mount Vernon home, bought a tarp, trash bags, a t-shirt and a sandwich at a local Walmart.

Per FB, channel 6 just said a hunter found something behind TH's house. A news crew is on the way there.

WBNS 10TV had breaking news at the start of their 11:00 PM newscast.

A night time search is being conducted right now in a remote wooded area near Tina's home. It is an area that LE hasn't yet searched.

A hunter reported seeing buzzards flying over a remote wooded area this morning and this evening.

WBNS 10TV had breaking news at the start of their 11:00 PM newscast.

A night time search is being conducted right now in a remote wooded area near Tina's home. It is an area that LE hasn't yet searched.

A hunter reported seeing buzzards flying over a remote wooded area this morning and this evening.

I know this might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't they search near her home to begin with. I thought a search is normally conducted where you being close to the crime and branch out.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater