FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
If ST jr stayed behind to talk to a friend then how did he and AT get home at the same time? Yet only AT went back to look for her.. was ST jr really home?
Is very good friend SP covering for someone?

If anyone has the link that says AB didn't have room in the car, let me know.

I found the section it was talked about but not the source. Around page 14 here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4509937"]Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 25 - Page 14 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

THEORY ONLY

ST Jr. and AT leave school at same time, but ST Jr. lags behind to talk with friend.

Somer left school late (2:50 according to Sgt. Dan Mahla) but caught up with AT and ST Jr. in 1100 block of Gano.

So by this time ST had also caught up?

As they are walking in 1100 block, AT brings up the spat and tells Somer to stop squabbling and Somer goes off ahead.

ST and AT continue walking together and arrive home together; no Somer.

I'm wondering if AT didn't fudge the truth in the beginning. My guess is that she was supposed to keep together no matter what and didn't. Once she told what really happened, they revised where Somer had last been seen.

THEORY ONLY

On the police report it has last know secure at 15:10
The other kids got home at 15:10 also

Three weeks ago Monday the 7-year-old was walking home from school with her older sister A. and twin brother S. Her mother was at work. And as usual, the children were to walk home together. Friends' parents would keep an eye on them.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/somer-thom...ory?id=9029804

I'm just putting things in here as I find them so I can update the Facts. I may have to create a Facts II: Version I since I am running out of character space.

If ST jr stayed behind to talk to a friend then how did he and AT get home at the same time? Yet only AT went back to look for her.. was ST jr really home?

I thought of a weird scenario which most likely didn't happen. AB said she didn't have room in the car. Perhaps someone else picked them up like ST jr went with his friend and AT went with AB and Somer was left alone to walk by herself. If she in fact caught up with them a block later that doesn't sound right to me. I don't think they were ever all three together to begin with. I don't believe there was ever a fight etc.

Kids walk in spurts. They stop and look at things and talk to friends etc.

With that in mind, I don't think AT necessarily walked at full speed the whole time, esp. if she was supposed to be walking with her younger siblings.

I think it would be easy for ST to catch up with AT and Somer to catch up with them.

btw, I'm basing all this on the last ~ 2 months of watching kids walking home from school in my neighborhood.

ETA: This sounded creepy when I came back through the thread. I pick my son up at school and watched the kids walking. (hope that makes it less creepy)

I thought of a weird scenario which most likely didn't happen. AB said she didn't have room in the car. Perhaps someone else picked them up like ST jr went with his friend and AT went with AB and Somer was left alone to walk by herself. If she in fact caught up with them a block later that doesn't sound right to me. I don't think they were ever all three together to begin with. I don't believe there was ever a fight etc.

Pin - do you remember where you heard/read that AB didn't have room in her car that day? I've looked & looked and can't find any news article about it. I even went back thru the threads to try to find it, but I think you might have been the first to bring it up - do you remember the source or have a link? If you do, we can add it to the list of facts. TIA!

Steppin' out for a bit - BBL.

Pin - If you're able to locate that link while I'm gone, it would be mucho appreciated! I can't find it & have given up searching.

Pin - do you remember where you heard/read that AB didn't have room in her car that day? I've looked & looked and can't find any news article about it. I even went back thru the threads to try to find it, but I think you might have been the first to bring it up - do you remember the source or have a link? If you do, we can add it to the list of facts. TIA!

I think I heard her say it on a morning show.

But I found something great that someone complied on another site.

[ame="http://crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10032"]Somer Thompson, (7) missing - Crimeshots© True Crime Forums[/ame]

Let's get our "facts" straight, wasn't it very, very good friend.

On the police report it has last know secure at 15:10
The other kids got home at 15:10 also

That doesn't make sense, unless they ran like Olympic runners from the burned out house, IF the story the police released is true.

If you google all the different companies, then convertible I think you can find a quite a few. Like google Chrysler Lebaron convertible yellow..or cream. And images. I found a lot of pics doing this. They are older, yellow or cream colored.

We had a light yellow Dodge convertible. Probably an 80's one. Don't remember now. It had a leather interior-tan. British tan, I believe it wold be called. IIRC-it's been a few years since we had it.

We had a light yellow Dodge convertible. Probably an 80's one. Don't remember now. It had a leather interior-tan. British tan, I believe it wold be called. IIRC-it's been a few years since we had it.

Is British tan like tan-rust colored?

I've been meditating about this walking to and from school situation and all of the conflicting reports.

I'll probably get flamed on my comments, but oh well.

These children were 2 seven year olds and a 10 year old. Apparently, the 7 year olds were in first grade. That is really, really young. Really young.

These are not adults that have varied schedules because their jobs have variation in them, due to circumstances, like my job is. It would be hard to predict my day, but yet I do have some parameters that I try to stay within.

Apparently, these young children had no parameters. It's not predictable who would pick them up. It's not predictable how they are supposed to walk home. It's not predictable when they should be home by. It appears that no adult had a clue about the schedule of these children and who is responsible for them. Not one story meshes with the next about little ST and her life, except that she was overly friendly.

That is the only consistent thing. Do any of you out there think that you wouldn't have a clue about what your 7 year old child is up to, and how she gets home from school?

What did little ST do all summer? Was she making new friendships? Seriously, this is so bizarre to me. She hates the outdoors, yet she loves pools and tree houses. She is out wandering the neighborhood. She is at others homes, and it sounds like it wasn't always welcome. She loves riding her scooter.

It sounds like the children were in charge of their own lives.

Is British tan like tan-rust colored?

Maybe you could call it a light rust color. I should see if I can find our old car on the net. I always wanted a convertible, and then I was terrified when we had it because of the soft top. We had a teenage driver, and I realized that it wasn't a good choice. We got rid of it in a few months, but I used to see it around and it looked so cute. I'll have to ask hubby what year it was if I can't find it on the net.

Tara, I too spent a good portion of the day trying to find the comment about AB not having room in the car but with the clue of morning show, I'm venturing back to the video pit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong