The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m almost at a loss for words over the explicit photos of JA. I personally feel that they didn’t need to be shown and am still trying to figure out what the prosecution hoped to gain by submitting them as evidence. If anything, my opinion of the prosecution is less than it was when this trial started. I’m all for people doing whatever they BOTH agree on but something that vivid belongs behind closed doors and IMO demeans BOTH parties by being shown to the world….that includes the explicit photos of TA. If he were my son, I would be aghast to see them shown during a trial. Evidence of them having sex could have been presented in a more acceptable way.

I sat on a jury for a child molestation case and rather than show photos of the child’s genitalia the State had drawings showing the damage done to the child……that was vivid enough.

The prosecution is working with a defendant who comes across as demure, pretty <some people's opinion>, and soft spoken. The sweet little Jodi everybody knew certainly couldn't have inflicted so much harm on another person!

I got that, too, fragile. I think it may be because he was obviously so much more than a friend to her, in her mind. He was her obsession. She's trying to play that down and this sort of deception comes through in not just her voice but her words as well. She's trying to hide how possessively she felt about him. JMHO and MOO.

Maybe that's it. She sounded so distant....like what Bravo said, she sounded impersonal like she was reading from a book. But we all know he was much more to her....and if you look at her MySpace she has all these glowing things to say about him......and then she sounds flat and monotone in that statement...like she is talking about someone she barely knows.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, TaRazza. To me, that t-shirt is typical of Travis' playful, sometimes over-the-top sense of humor. That Jodi (who is beaming in the photograph) attempted to transform it into an emblem of a relationship seems equally characteristic.

Yes, from what I've seen, Travis had a great sense of humor. I don't think he had just that one shirt made, but others, given to friends. He was writing a book about 'being better' and rising above the bad situations in life. The shirt had nothing to do with ownership of Arias. Nothing. But leave it to her to make something else out of it... MOO

Minor4th, can you bring over your timeline to this thread please. Was going to comment, had open for reply but I lost reply for input/correction durn it! due to thread closing. Also, Karmandy had a good post at 4:35 am I was going to comment on...durn! Hate when threads close and I mess up!

I don't think I can because it's no longer editable. Maybe one of the mods can

Well Jodi's pod mates sure got their 15 minutes of fame from their little show, didn't they?!?! Yes, I'm sure the public watching that segment will now think that Jodi is completely innocent because several prisoners said that she was. I did not see any self portraits done by Jodi in the piece so I would appreciate a photo or something showing them if someone can screen grab them.

Last thread it was asked if the dog feeders were in Travis's house, the photo with Travis and his sister. That photo was NOT taken at Travis's house. The photo shows hard wood floors and all photos of Travis's kitchen and dining room area show tiles like what was in the bathroom. The sliding door is also much larger than what Travis had.

this was probably covered many many pages/threads ago, but I was watching the defense opening this a.m. on in sesssion, and for the first time I realized that the defense is insinuating that the knife came from Travis, as he used to to cut soft restraints to use during sex. I wonder where they are going to say the gun came from ???

Link to Minor4th's post with the photos and time stamps listed from thread 11

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8748666&postcount=2081"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The state Rests in The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #11[/ame]

Regarding Jodi changing witch side she parts her hair....
If she parts it on her right side it hangs in her face wher the jury can't see her eye expressions. If she parts it on her left they can... It doesn't hang across her face. I noticed when rb was testifying the jury could see her expression.

"Is hottie-biscotti a pet name she gave you?" Re-watching Ryan's very awkward testimony on In-Session right now.

Well Jodi's pod mates sure got their 15 minutes of fame from their little show, didn't they?!?! Yes, I'm sure the public watching that segment will now think that Jodi is completely innocent because several prisoners said that she was. I did not see any self portraits done by Jodi in the piece so I would appreciate a photo or something showing them if someone can screen grab them.

Last thread it was asked if the dog feeders were in Travis's house, the photo with Travis and his sister. That photo was NOT taken at Travis's house. The photo shows hard wood floors and all photos of Travis's kitchen and dining room area show tiles like what was in the bathroom. The sliding door is also much larger than what Travis had.

I hope you're wrong about the public being swayed by this piece. It is difficult to underestimate the public's intelligence.
All the other convicts say she's innocent, it must be so!??!?!?!:waitasec:

Anyway, here's that self-portrait. I'm interested in what others think...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.14.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 11.14.42 AM.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 71
The prosecution is working with a defendant who comes across as demure, pretty <some people's opinion>, and soft spoken. The sweet little Jodi everybody knew certainly couldn't have inflicted so much harm on another person!

I just don’t see the connection between sexually explicit pictures of both TA and JA having anything to do with anything other than two people involved in visual stimulation. If the prosecution was trying to demean JA over that, then they also managed to demean TA as well.

If you get InSession, Jean Casarez has been saying that they will be covering what was found in Jodi's car as she was packing up just before her arrest.

I hope you're wrong about the public being swayed by this piece. It is difficult to underestimate the public's intelligence.
All the other convicts say she's innocent, it must be so!??!?!?!:waitasec:

Anyway, here's that self-portrait. I'm interested in what others think...

Interesting. I think she looks Hispanic in her self portrait.
Also she looks cold and hard.
What did you think?

OT, breaking news...shooting at a college in Texas.

I just don’t see the connection between sexually explicit pictures of both TA and JA having anything to do with anything other than two people involved in visual stimulation. If the prosecution was trying to demean JA over that, then they also managed to demean TA as well.

I can't help but think that the prosecution entered the degrading sexual photos as evidence to the jury so that the defense wouldn't be the ones to do it and make it look as if the prosecution was trying to hide this about TA.

Get it all out there- the good, the bad and the ugly about both of them- otherwise it would appear they were trying to hide it. Just a guess.

Interesting. I think she looks Hispanic in her self portrait.
Also she looks cold and hard.
What did you think?

yep. cold and hard sums it up.

I think she sees herself (and has fought with all her might keep others from seeing her) as an ugly, Mexican girl.

I think she has some issues with her Mexican heritage.

[Just want to make it very clear that I do not in any way think Mexicans are ugly]

The nose and shape of her face in her 'self portrait' are all wrong- it looks nothing like her, IMO. Strange if that is the way she appears to herself.

Something I just don't get. Why didn't she kill her perceived competition (Mimi) instead of Travis?
Then she would still have Travis and Mimi would be out of the way.

This made me ill.

Thanks for the link - ugh - I second that emotion - positively sickening how far certain media outlets will go to attract viewers/ratings. Bottom line: Jodi Arias isn't a celebrity she's accused of murdering her ex-lover in such a depraved, violent, vicious way she could be sentenced to death. How her fellow inmates feel about her is not important and I seriously doubt anyone really cares which bunk Jodi Arias sleeps in when confined to her cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong