UT - Sierra Newbold, 6, abducted & murdered, West Jordan, 26 June 2012 *Arrest*

I appreciate the link but as I have said in the past I do not believe in the statistics. And statistics really mean nothing to the individual child that goes missing and winds up raped and murdered. Until so many cases are resolved we will never know the true answer to what happened to these children or who the perp was.

I will trust what I read and have read in the past. It seems there isnt a day that goes by that a stranger isnt attempting to abuct a child. Just because those attempts were foiled doesnt mean the stranger wasnt trying to kidnap the young child for sexual purposes.

IMO

How many children are reported missing each year by the U. S. Department of Justice and found to be a NONFAMILY/STRANGER/BOOGEYMAN abduction? 115

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.
Source: U.S. Department of Justice National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children, 2002

There are approx. 76.1 million children in the USA.
http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables.asp

:( she was 10 days older then my daughter. Breaks my heart to even think about how excited she must have been going into the 1st grade next yr. Everyday I hear my daughter talk about how excited she is. All missing people make me sad but the ones closest to my kiddos' ages are the hardest to even try to wrap my brain around.

Someone had a rant that people only seem to pay attention when pretty little white girls are the victims.

My answer to that was, I was the mother of a pretty little white girl. It hits you in the guts that something like this can happen.

I care about ALL missing/abused children, but when it's a child who could easily be your own, it makes it all that more personal somehow.

As others have said, I am also surprised this case hasn't had more national attention. I think it is because of all of the political stuff in the news. Bleh!!! I look at this child's picture and my heart just simply crumbles.... and then, I draw a wall around my heart and mind so that I can just go about my day. I hate that. For me personally, I am on emotional overload. I can't stand that Sierra Lamar and Isabel Celis have not been found!!!! I can't stand that Hailey Dunn and Trenton Duckett have not been found. I have gone into some sort of lock-down after the Luka Magnotta case. None of that means I don't care about this case too.... I just can't post a lot about it right now. I am watching... and waiting.... especially for LE to release the surveillance video.

As others have said, I am also surprised this case hasn't had more national attention. I think it is because of all of the political stuff in the news. Bleh!!! I look at this child's picture and my heart just simply crumbles.... and then, I draw a wall around my heart and mind so that I can just go about my day. I hate that. For me personally, I am on emotional overload. I can't stand that Sierra Lamar and Isabel Celis have not been found!!!! I can't stand that Hailey Dunn and Trenton Duckett have not been found. I have gone into some sort of lock-down after the Luka Magnotta case. None of that means I don't care about this case too.... I just can't post a lot about it right now. I am watching... and waiting.... especially for LE to release the surveillance video.

My theory for why it's not getting national coverage is that Sierra is not missing. It would be all over national news, and we would have multiple threads if she was. However, I think if more information comes out, it could get bigger.

My theory for why it's not getting national coverage is that Sierra is not missing. It would be all over national news, and we would have multiple threads if she was. However, I think if more information comes out, it could get bigger.

You might be right.... this case happened SO QUICKLY!!! She had only been reported as missing about 30 minutes to an hour before her little body was found. :*( That is one of the HUGE clues in this case that LE has access to, and has not shared with the public. They KNOW the TOD by now, but they have not released it. I believe they also recognize who is on the surveillance video they have..... if they did not recognize who it is, they would have released it to the public by now. LE is building a case against someone and they will get their person. I am NOT saying it is the immediate family, but I also do NOT get a stranger perp vibe in this case. I think it will end up being someone known to the family. :twocents:

No working telephone number could be found for the parents.
http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n26_2/police-sierra-girl.html

“They (parishioners) planted flowers and cleaned their yard.”
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86555....html?pg=2
What does “cleaned the family's yard” mean?

Under maps and views, click on the street view. Sierra’s home is the white-roofed house across the street from the home with the dormers. What do you suppose is on that large sign near their front porch?
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2383-W-7095-S-West-Jordan-UT-84084/12841870_zpid/

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-06-30 at 12.32.00 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-06-30 at 12.32.00 AM.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 71
How many children are reported missing each year by the U. S. Department of Justice and found to be a NONFAMILY/STRANGER/BOOGEYMAN abduction? 115

115 children were the victims of “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently.
Source: U.S. Department of Justice National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children, 2002

There are approx. 76.1 million children in the USA.
http://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/tables.asp

I think what Ocean is saying though about statistics is we don't know what category all the missing children of unresolved cases go into until they are resolved. So that 115 could be in addition to many more that are undetermined at this time.

I think what Ocean is saying though about statistics is we don't know what category all the missing children of unresolved cases go into until they are resolved. So that 115 could be in addition to many more that are undetermined at this time.

You can read about the analysis and the data collection in the National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway and Throwaway Children. Even if they were incorrect by 50% (which they are not), the number of children abducted by the "boogeyman" would be 172 children/year. The vast majority of abducted very young children are disappeared by family.

No working telephone number could be found for the parents.
http://newsfeedresearcher.com/data/articles_n26_2/police-sierra-girl.html

“They (parishioners) planted flowers and cleaned their yard.”
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/86555....html?pg=2
What does “cleaned the family's yard” mean?

Under maps and views, click on the street view. Sierra’s home is the white-roofed house across the street from the home with the dormers. What do you suppose is on that large sign near their front porch?
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2383-W-7095-S-West-Jordan-UT-84084/12841870_zpid/

Just a guess, but to me it looks like a construction company sign (like when you're having kitchen cabinets installed and the company puts the sign outside your house to advertise while they are working).

I wonder why LE isn't releasing anything about the surveillance video from their home? What would be the point of not showing it to the public to have him ID'd? Only thing I can think of is that they know who the person is. But, why hasn't he been arrested then? And not releasing any info on when she went to bed, any details at all.

I wonder why LE isn't releasing anything about the surveillance video from their home? What would be the point of not showing it to the public to have him ID'd? Only thing I can think of is that they know who the person is. But, why hasn't he been arrested then? And not releasing any info on when she went to bed, any details at all.

Have they said they see a person on the video? I thought they were trying to figure out what they were seeing...

maybe the perp is under age.

But...that's not possible unless there's a huge coverup of children even going missing. According to NCMEC, there are currently 146 missing children from 2010. That number includes family abductions (custody issues) and runaways. So even if you assume that every child on that list was kidnapped by a stranger, well, where are the other 300+? They are not listed on NCMEC, and the local news has not written one article about a child kidnapped by a stranger? Nothing on social media? If there are 400+ children being abducted by strangers every year, they just don't exist...they have been completely erased. We are talking massive government coverup; I can only see them doing that if aliens are involved.

From what I see daily about the gov't, I can see them doing that if aliens aren't involved.

My own opinion of course

Just a guess, but to me it looks like a construction company sign (like when you're having kitchen cabinets installed and the company puts the sign outside your house to advertise while they are working).

That's a good thought. If it is that kind of sign, did they recently have workers inside the home?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

From what I see daily about the gov't, I can see them doing that if aliens aren't involved.

My own opinion of course

So there are hundreds of children kidnapped by strangers every year, yet the government has used their power to stop them from even being entered into NCMEC database, stopping the publication of any local news articles about it, and have made sure there's not one record of these children on social media? How are they stopping the parents from getting the word out of their child's case out? The government has completely erased hundreds of children who were kidnapped by strangers every year from history? Okaaay.

I wish we could honor her here with her name in the thread.

So there are hundreds of children kidnapped by strangers every year, yet the government has used their power to stop them from even being entered into NCMEC database, stopping the publication of any local news articles about it, and have made sure there's not one record of these children on social media? How are they stopping the parents from getting the word out of their child's case out? The government has completely erased hundreds of children who were kidnapped by strangers every year from history? Okaaay.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

Even in this informative link it says 200-300 children are kidnapped by strangers yearly. So that right there shows an inconsisentcy in the reported 115 per year by strangers.

Also it clearly states a lot of the problem is that some law enforcement agencies dont even report to the government on such cases for it to be added to the statistical base. I suppose it is not mandatory that it must be reported. And another problem is for so long abductions were all lumped together and still may be done that way by some agencies that do report. And the classifications of the abduction can also be murky and confusing and is inconsistent among reporting agencies. One may call it one thing and one may call it another. Even the author of this linked information admits it is quite confusing and hard to keep up with.

But I certainly know that far more children go missing from custodial issues between the parents and are found and returned to the rightful parent. Yet, if one goes by the statistics (as some seem to put full trust in statisitics) 400 children a year are murdered by one of their bio parents. What I would like to know is how many children taken by strangers also wind up murdered?

Regardless of statistics, I am quite sure that the parents who have come to realize their worst nightmare (like the Newbolds for instance) never thought it would be their child either. So they can take very little comfort in the fact that "statistics" say the chances of it happening are low. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back