GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the media reports yesterday - Friday - were very confusing and conflicting. In an effort to be ahead of their competition, there was a lot of shoddy reporting done by the various media reporting on this case. We have to throw out a lot of the initial reporting, which changes the facts. The facts as we knew them yesterday morning are no longer accurate. I think some of the most recent article are giving us some accurate information to the time line.

Whatever happened likely happened sometime in the late afternoon on Wednesday. It was the manager of the Dairy Queen who initiated the investigation, raising concern when Tina didn't report to work Wednesday evening. It was the same manager who went to Tina's home when she didn't report to work on Thursday, entered the home and called 911 upon finding blood.

I'd like to know more about why the manager of the Dairy Queen was so concerned when Tina didn't report to work on Wednesday evening. The manager was concerned enough to ask LE to do a wellness check at Tina's residence. In most work environments, when an employee doesn't show up for work, it's not usual that the management would assume some sort of foul play right away. I would think that in most situations, management would consider illness, either the employee or a member of the employee's family being ill, or something that would cause a delay like car trouble or a car accident on the way to work.

I'm way behind, but this post reminded me. I had a friend who was in an abusive relationship, 8 years married to a monster. Although she wouldn't listen to anyone when they tried to get her to leave, well, she kept returning to him.......anyway, her work knew about the volatile married life.

Maybe that is why the manager was concerned when she didn't show up for work. After what the husband said the kids had told him, it makes sense.

The beer cans strewn around the house goes in line with what's been reported about the b/f as well. I know he's NOT a suspect, by LE at least.

Anyway, he uses his friend for an alibi and geeeee...........SOMEONE ELSE enters the home first and reports the family missing.

This, is a pattern..................seen it many times.

Just guessing,
fran

On the 10:00 PM news on WTTE-TV in Columbus tonight, WTTE reported that there was standing room only at prayer vigil for the missing family at the church. It did say that LE is intensifying the search for the missing family, but no new developments in this case.

Arrrghhhhh some cases are so frustrating, i just wanna scream!
FOUR people are missing!
Where the heck are they????

Let me just say this, I learned this from a professional when studying the Laci Peterson case.

In a 'stranger' crime, ie murder, there is no reason to remove the body. Because they're not connected to the people, it doesn't matter.

But an acqaintance murderer has a REASON to remove the body. The body is {proof} of a crime. Like, 'no body, no crime.'

Just something to think about.
JMHO
fran

PS...and I hate saying the 'm' word, but this doesn't look good. Especially because of the 'unusual amount of blood,' per LE. :( fran

In the news conference, the sheriff says GB isn't a suspect or a person of interest, but they will be questioning him at some point. I'm thinking they'll be gathering a lot of other people's comments first and following up on tips. They'll catch him off guard if they can, and then ask him some hard questions they know the answers to, to decide if he's telling the whole truth.

Barber also said that the house wasn't all topsy turvy like they'd had a big party or anything. It was still pretty much in order, other than the blood. He did say they weren't sure if the blood was from one person or more than one person.

Jumping in here, trying to catch up, not sure if these 2 things have been discussed. These are just questions I have.

1. Is there a possible relationship between the two missing women?

2. Is there any connection to the College where the truck was left?

Hoping for the very best for these 4 missing people.

That article says she was 38 in 2001 so she would be 47 now...?
The Stephanie Sprang who is missing is 41. Either that's a different SS in the article or they got her age wrong.

Let me just say this, I learned this from a professional when studying the Laci Peterson case.

In a 'stranger' crime, ie murder, there is no reason to remove the body. Because they're not connected to the people, it doesn't matter.

But an acqaintance murderer has a REASON to remove the body. The body is {proof} of a crime. Like, 'no body, no crime.'

Just something to think about.
JMHO
fran

PS...and I hate saying the 'm' word, but this doesn't look good. Especially because of the 'unusual amount of blood,' per LE. :( fran
Yes, and because they're saying it looks like foul play but not an abduction.

Two thoughts:

1. I think it's very possible that Steph was helping Tina move out while her bf was out of town. I think it's possible that she wanted to go to a shelter, a safe house, or even to steph's house. Perhaps the apartment talk was just talk.....or maybe it was just an 'idea' until that day, when there was a clear way out without any drama or drunken anger.
I think there's a possibility that they used a rental van/truck to move larger items. That would explain three things.....why the family is gone without a vehicle missing....why someone came back for the vehicle the following day....and why it didn't look like a home where a woman and children would live (per LE).
2. I believe that EITHER this bf came home and caught the women and children moving stuff out and became enraged....OR that they left of their own free will to escape a violent situation and are now in hiding....which, for me, would help explain the dog missing as well. I believe the former is more likely due to the fact that the women have made no contact with their families and because they haven't contacted LE (to our knowledge). MOO.

***Belimom*** Congrats! I appreciate your posts and just had my own 1000th~

Don't know why I didn't think of this last nite, but maybe the reason media is saying the b/f reported Tina missing is because it was Maynard that called LE?

In one of the news vids linked upthread, Maynard said that the DQ worker emailed hiim Wednesday when Tina didn't show up for work...it makes more sense that he would be the one to raise the alarm because he's worried about Sarah & Kody, and he's said that Tina has never gone anywhere w/o lettng him know...from what I've read, it doesn't seem that GB got too worked up about Tina & the kids being gone. (In fact, in the news vids, it's like he's talking about a missing shoe - not his roommate/girlfriend/ex-fiancee & 2 children.)

Also, one of the news vids said LE is monitoring Tina's cellphone & bank records...made me think that they think she has a cellphone w/ her....they didn't mention anybody else's cellphone (like Stephanie or Sarah).

BBM: Tina's boss emailed her ex when she didn't show up for work?

Why would the boss have Maynards email address?

Is the dogfood missing?

If Tina took her dog, she would have likely taken the dog's effects (not to mention the children's etc.)

i would like to believe that maybe th & kids were just attempting to split outta town while gb was out of town golfing. but with le saying that they are suspecting foul play - that cant be good... does anyone believe that they are still in the area on foot? or staying in another home?

I would like to believe that they were just wanting to get away also. But from the info we have be given so far I think something happended to them. I just don't think they would leave behind a large amount of blood. People have many reasons for leaving sometimes, but it would be very difficult to disappear with 4 people and have no one see you or report you even if they were staying with someone.

Ok, I just watched the WBNS 10TV broadcast. To summarize:

- There was an "unusual amount of blood inside the home." They are currently running tests on the blood found in the home. LE stated they believed it was from one of the victims, but it did not indicate a struggle. It also did not indicate an accident, such as a stubbed toe or cutting oneself with an apple peeler. (How they can determine accident, but state a large amount of blood that's alarming at the same time, I don't know :banghead:)

- A vigil was held today at the church and neighbors are organizing a search tomorrow morning.

- LE searched a lake and Tina's home today. They are centering their investigation on evidence from both recovered vehicles and the evidence from the house.

- There are still no suspects and they are continuing to treat the case as a missing persons case.

Was there blood found anywhere else besides the house (truck, outside etc.)?

This does not sound good at all. If there had been an accident and blood loss was major I would think one of the others would have called 911 for assistance...or taken off in the vehicle to the nearest hospital...yet that wasn't done. I don't think these folks are "just missing"...

As always, I am way behind in reading, but I am wondering why Tina would call GB to tell him that she had fed the dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson