GUILTY OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm missing something here I think. Has there been a pic of the "blanket" they found? I didn't hear it was a baby blanket, only a blanket.

Good point...I guess I had just assumed it was a baby blanket...now that you mention it...I am really not sure. Let me see what I can find. Anyone else, feel free to answer if you know.

ETA: I really don't know the description of the blanket...and am not able to research it thoroughly right now...but if they brought 'the' blanket to the search area today and then proceeded to walk all over it & put equipment on it...well, that would be one of the weirdest things I have ever heard of LE doing. I just can't see that happening. IMO

Good point...I guess I had just assumed it was a baby blanket...now that you mention it...I am really not sure. Let me see what I can find. Anyone else, feel free to answer if you know.

I'm not sure about the blanket either but I do remember during her jail "confession" she allegedly said that they wrapped her in a blanket. It could be totally unrelated though.

He said from the get go he suspected she had passed so he's either guessing or someone told him that early on . :(

I know. That's what I was getting at.... I can almost bet that someone told him early on. :-/

I would love to be a mouse in the corner and see some people's reactions to all the diving news. Anyone sweating over this???? How cold hearted some people can be when it comes to a sweet dear little baby! I get so sick of this type of people.

Lump in my throat. Sending prayers to the family. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. :cry: If it is this precious little angel, I hope they find enough evidence to put the person (s) responsible away forever!

I wonder if the camera was on Mom in jail today when this was announced? I find it odd that RS released the statement today. He sure seems sure that Elaina has passed, not even a glimmer of hope from him. Maybe it's just me...

It happens here too in Australia, although not as much..

Breaks my heart either way.. No child should have a horrible life, they need love, nurturing and a chance to grow into our future...

Hoping baby E is home soon x x

Good night baby girl ! Hold on, it won't be long now :)

ETA: I really don't know the description of the blanket...and am not able to research it thoroughly right now...but if they brought 'the' blanket to the search area today and then proceeded to walk all over it & put equipment on it...well, that would be one of the weirdest things I have ever heard of LE doing. I just can't see that happening. IMO

This might be the blanket.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - Elaina Steinfurth, 17 months, Toledo, 2 Jun 2013 - #4

That's what I was thinking too...a Minnie Mouse blanket. Whatever they found today think it was significant! I hope tomorrow brings more answers and most importantly brings Elaina home.

I have been thinking of this all afternoon...That little sweet angel didn't have much hair. How on earth did two different fisherman pull up wads of hair in their hooks/nets?

I have been thinking of this all afternoon...That little sweet angel didn't have much hair. How on earth did two different fisherman pull up wads of hair in their hooks/nets?

Indeed.

How many wads (actually a few strands in this case) of hair could be found in a community swimming pool, or even one in a backyard? At least such hairs are confined to limited areas whereas a running river is quite different.

Even IF the hairs the fishermen found are determined to be human, isn't this analogous to the proverbial needle in a haystack? I think so.

I continue to remain hopeful that at least one or two of the parties who know the truth will spill, soon...and that this precious little one will be brought home to those who truly loved and cared for her.

~jmo~

IMO...... She wants to come home. I hope they are running DNA test on the human hair. If it's not this beautiful babies it maybe one of the other 16 that are missing.

I hope the person who is responsible for what happen to Elaina is going crazy wondering if each day is the day that she comes home.

My heart goes out to this family, prayers for all involved. Sweet Baby Girl :(

Found it! Rozalia project has a VideoRay ROV (remotely operated vehicle) seen here: http://www.rozaliaproject.org/technology/ I will try to find out if TES has one, and if not, try to find a way to get one funded for them. I don't know if I missed it, but is TES joining the search or not? I thought they were, but I haven't heard anything more since I heard that. Between this case and the Lisa Irwin case, I really wish we were better using the technology that is available to us, especially for this type of searches!

I'm going to guess yes, since it's public info. I hope I'm right. Here it is: Texas Equusearch "The proper procedure for requesting our assistance is for the family to contact us via telephone – (281) 309-9500, or by email at sherry.mckinney@txeq.org., fill out and email a Missing Person Report (found on our website), email a picture in .jpg format, and contact law enforcement to let them know that they have requested our assistance. (We work with law enforcement, so we must have their approval.) At that point, we will evaluate the case to determine if we can provide any assistance. Alternatively, law enforcement can request our help. Thank you so much."

Jennwilkersonseeker, thank you for that read. It was very interesting and what a godsend to search and rescue units. Usually all they depend on is sonar and this appears so much more advanced. If something this expensive would be donated by the manufacturer's at a greatly reduced cost think of all think of all the manpower and time it could save along with the safety value to all the search teams.

Jennwilkersonseeker, thank you for that read. It was very interesting and what a godsend to search and rescue units. Usually all they depend on is sonar and this appears so much more advanced. If something this expensive would be donated by the manufacturer's at a greatly reduced cost think of all think of all the manpower and time it could save along with the safety value to all the search teams.

I hope that can be worked out- crossing my fingers. I have an email in to the manufacturer and will follow up. TES suffered a huge loss last month when a vehicle and some ATV's were stolen from them, so paying for it is probably not in the current budget, but it is SOOOO needed. They were awesome in helping to search for my cousin. I wish nothing but the best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88