TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
see I strictly watch who I let on as a friend. I would say 98% are FRIEND friends. Plus my profile is set to private, no one can search me out. its friends only as far as who can see my posts. None of that friends of friends stuff. And, honestly, I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences). But true... I know frinds who have their phone numbers etc on FB where anyone can see it...

She has over 600 "friends" on her profile. I do not believe that she was intimately "friends" with all of them. I do believe that there could be someone dangerous hidden in that many people. JHHO

Hey everyone from Franklin, TN!
Been reading for a while but new to posting.
Perhaps it was reported as a home invasion initially because the brother thought Holly was still indoors and after seeing her "led" into the woods (thinking also initially it was her boyfriend)...after the discovery of the blood called 911 and said Holly was "taken from the home" maybe slightly embellishing due to his fear and worry...so it was reported as a home invasion. Maybe?
:banghead:
This case is killing me! I can't stop reading and listening to the scanner!
I really really hope she is found soon. :sigh:

Kai

I do that becuse I did have a stalker (with fatal consequences).
-----------------
Wow Carla, was it you who defended yourself resulting in the consequences?

I had a stalker once. It was intregal to forming PTSD. This person lived in the same apartment building and would leave "presents" at my door, follow me around, and talk in the hallway that he was going to kill me. Not fun, on top of everything else. Couldn't move because I couldn't get out of my lease and had no money. LE said I had no case. Finally got away from there.

when I was younger my sister and i were assaulted in our home by someone with a fixation. in the end i got ptsd, some disabilities, 10 years of nitemares. But it also makes me attracted to cases now and then. Eve Carson, Anne Pressly, Holly Bobo. I just feel a connection... I am glad you got away from that. For better or worse I try to use my experiences to figure stuff out and it helps me feel more productive or useful I guess. If I could go to TN I'd be there now just to do anything to help. I suppose some of it is survivors guilt too. I'd swap places with Holly in a heartbeat.

But, back to the story at hand... the lastest on Holly from CNN (nothing new sadly)

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/19/tennessee.missing.woman/index.html?eref=rss_crime

as an FYI if people have trouble listening to scanners online or are away from the WS scanner page, there are several scanner ipad/ipod aps, including free or lite versions that will allow you to listen to the specific ones people cite here. I will mention this next time I go to the scanner page too.

I disagree with the person that posted a polygraph isnt necessary. This case should be handled like all others. LE deals with the family, then work their way out to others. A polygraph should have been given to at least the brother, since he's the last to see Holly. I hope the person that spoke on Nancy Grace last night was right, that he's been given one & passed.

Hey everyone from Franklin, TN!
Been reading for a while but new to posting.
Perhaps it was reported as a home invasion initially because the brother thought Holly was still indoors and after seeing her "led" into the woods (thinking also initially it was her boyfriend)...after the discovery of the blood called 911 and said Holly was "taken from the home" maybe slightly embellishing due to his fear and worry...so it was reported as a home invasion. Maybe?
:banghead:
This case is killing me! I can't stop reading and listening to the scanner!
I really really hope she is found soon. :sigh:

Kai

Hey there Kai! I used to live in Franklin and am now just up 65 a ways...Welcome to WS...you will love it here!

What's that contact number for TBI? I want to be sure they have my input direct from me....anyone have it handy?

'Morning all (Ca time that is...) I still say I hope LE has compared the duct tape to any tape that may be at the home (as in the Casey Anthony case)....

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome! I think I will love it, love me some brainstorming! Although this case has me befuddled! I wish I could get over that way and help, I've got a little one though, makes it tough. Look forward to getting to know and working with you all! :greetings:

I thought it was for weather reasons. Maybe I missed something. Or maybe this is just another intentionally sensational but largely meaningless sound bite.

They did say weather but the forecast was for late storms and sure enough they didn't get here until late. They could have been out there searching - No problem.

Just like tomorrow is a "rest" day...Those people don't wanna rest until Holly is home. I read that they are asking for volunteers in the thousands this weekend again but I have a feeling some revelation is coming between today and tomorrow...IMHOO

I disagree with the person that posted a polygraph isnt necessary. This case should be handled like all others. LE deals with the family, then work their way out to others. A polygraph should have been given to at least the brother, since he's the last to see Holly. I hope the person that spoke on Nancy Grace last night was right, that he's been given one & passed.

But if you look at other missing adult cases, how often are family poly'ed, even if they were the last ones to see the missing person? Not often. In this case, due to my own assumptions of the familys grief, I would see it being counterproductive. If the brother took and passed, more power to him, but if he did not, i don't see it meaning anything except that he likely does carry a great deal of guilt, not due to involvement, but due to being the person that saw her led away and thought everything was alright. He's her big brother, and I can only imagine how one of my brother's would feel if they saw me talking or walking with someone and discounted it as a normal occurrence...and then found blood in the driveway and realized what had just happened. I pity him and I hope that he can find peace with the whole situation.

I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

Of course look at all the polygraph mumbo jumbo in the Haleigh Cummings case. Misty took one and supposedly failed although she claimed she passed. Weeks and months dragged on. I think she took and failed two or three polygraph tests. In the end she got nabbed on unrelated charges so the polygraph stuff doesnt seem to have been of any real use. It didnt sway LE any closer to believing she was involved.

1-800-tbi-find begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-800-tbi-find******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-800-tbi-find******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Thanks, NurseBeeMe...good morning!! And good morning to my fellow Californian, and everyone else as well!!
:great:

Of course look at all the polygraph mumbo jumbo in the Haleigh Cummings case. Misty took one and supposedly failed although she claimed she passed. Weeks and months dragged on. I think she took and failed two or three polygraph tests. In the end she got nabbed on unrelated charges so the polygraph stuff doesnt seem to have been of any real use. It didnt sway LE any closer to believing she was involved.

BBM. IMO, it absolutely did. But poly results are not anything LE can use in court. At best it's an investigative tool.

BBM. IMO, it absolutely did. But poly results are not anything LE can use in court. At best it's an investigative tool.

thats true. was just reading about a guy who passed a test totally but was still convicted of murder. So im not sure ruling people in or out is really possible even with a poly

I find the sequence interesting of people being cleared right off the bat, then polys evidently given, then it changes to no one is ruled out? Did the polys cause the status change?

That is a very good question.

I like these sequence of events questions lately. There were some other ones. One that I asked early on that has been repeated is:

What was the last place Holly was at before she went home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong