Max's Search Warrants Released!!!! Discuss Max's Death here #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would not have known the true extent of the damage until they went in and looked at it. All the other tools can give you a good idea but until you go in and look you don't know for sure.

A biopsy to look at a cancer cell or a blood test to look at a cancer cell is the only positive way to diagnose cancer. My father died of lung cancer, they were sure he had it but they never knew for sure until the autopsy.

Yes, indeed, but the point is that MS still could have been smothered prior to going over the stairs. One doesn't necessarily negate the other.

IMO

Yes, indeed, but the point is that MS still could have been smothered prior to going over the stairs. One doesn't necessarily negate the other.

IMO

No, but evidently once they got in there and saw how extensive the initial damage was the before smothering went out the window and they saw why his heart stopped.

Something else to think about: MS's spinal cord contusion was very severe. Most falls down the stairs or from the railing don't result in fatal injuries. (Link is on original thread). So what could have stopped him from having control of his head and neck muscles so that when he landed on a carpeted surface, he sustained whiplash severe enough to die from (link on thread one about why whiplash is almost never fatal)? Could it be that he was unconscious (from smothering) and that is why he couldn't break his fall with his hands or control his neck muscles to keep from hitting the floor that hard and snapping back?

JMO

No, but evidently once they got in there and saw how extensive the initial damage was the before smothering went out the window and they saw why his heart stopped.

One doesn't negate the other.

IMO

Something else to think about: MS's spinal cord contusion was very severe. Most falls down the stairs or from the railing don't result in fatal injuries. (Link is on original thread). So what could have stopped him from having control of his head and neck muscles so that when he landed on a carpeted surface, he sustained whiplash severe enough to die from (link on thread one about why whiplash is almost never fatal)? Could it be that he was unconscious (from smothering) and that is why he couldn't break his fall with his hands or control his neck muscles to keep from hitting the floor that hard and snapping back?

JMO
Tangled up with a scooter, you don't have time to get your hands down, tangled up in a chandelier, disoriented, reaction time 1/4 of a second and probably about that long of a fall.

Tangled up with a scooter, you don't have time to get your hands down, tangled up in a chandelier, disoriented, reaction time 1/4 of a second and probably about that long of a fall.

There is no proof he was tangled up in a scooter. In fact, the LE illustration of the fall excludes it.

There is no proof he was tangled up in a scooter. In fact, the LE illustration of the fall excludes it.

It doesn't exclude it. It simply doesn't show it at all, even though it was found across the shin. So clearly the scooter was there in real life, even if it's not in the illustration.

It doesn't exclude it. It simply doesn't show it at all, even though it was found across the shin. So clearly the scooter was there in real life, even if it's not in the illustration.

If it fails to show the scooter in the diagram, that means it is excluded from the diagram.

I've posted what was said by the doctor in the SW.

Now let's see what was said in the AR:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...DctZGRjMy00ODVkLTk1YWItODAxZjAxMzE5OTVl&hl=en

And the accompanying diagram of MS's injuries:

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/shacknai, max_report.pdf

Cause of death:

Anoxic/ischemic encephalopathy
Due to resucitated cardiopulmonary arrest
Due to cervical spinal cord contusion
Due to blunt force trauma of head and neck

BBM. The ME notes under his opinion that this was radiologically indicated and usually caused by lack of oxygen circulated to brain/heart. So he agrees with the ICU chief.

He goes on to say because it was also possible that a face-first fall of such severity could cause cardiac arrest, he ruled it an accident.

If this is what JS wanted the AG to review, I can't say that I blame him.

JMO

Call me dullwitted, but I can't grasp why some believe that this poor little fellow was smothered by RZ. What motive would she have had to do something so utterly heinous?

My heart does ache for his parents and their unimaginable loss, and I hope his case is reopened and resolved to their satisfaction.

BBM. The ME notes under his opinion that this was radiologically indicated and usually caused by lack of oxygen circulated to brain/heart. So he agrees with the ICU chief.

He goes on to say because it was also possible that a face-first fall of such severity could cause cardiac arrest, he ruled it an accident.

If this is what JS wanted the AG to review, I can't say that I blame him.

JMO

Thank you for spelling that out. That's why I posted both the SW and AG medical findings, to show that they do not contradict each other, and in fact, enforce each other.

Actually it is true. There is no better diagnostic tool then an autopsy.

Not when the body on the table is missing most of its organs. The ME said he relied on all the testing done at both hospitals, radiology results, the LE reports. About the only thing the ME collected and tested was blood.

JMO

Call me dullwitted, but I can't grasp why some believe that this poor little fellow was smothered by RZ. What motive would she have had to do something so utterly heinous?

My heart does ache for his parents and their unimaginable loss, and I hope his case is reopened and resolved to their satisfaction.

I don't consider you dullwitted but I do wonder why you think anyone who kills a child has to have a motive. I certainly don't believe Max's death was a premeditated murder but I do believe if his death was truly an accident, there would be reasonable explanations for scooters and balls and broken chandeliers.

Don't some people just lash out at children out of anger, frustration, jealousy?

JMO

Going by evidence alone. The most obvious one being the fact that the top doctor of the pediatric ICU at Rady's thinks it (links above).

Then I have my own opinion. Think about the position the smotherer would be in above the victim, and where the hands would be - one over the nose and one over the neck or chest. MS had marks on both his nose and clavicle, one on one side of his nose, and the other on the opposite side of his clavicle, which would suggest two hands from one person holding him down over the nose on one side, and over the clavicle on the other.

It's hard to imagine WHY someone would want to hurt that beautiful little boy, but unfortunately, child abuse happens all the time.

JMO

I don't consider you dullwitted but I do wonder why you think anyone who kills a child has to have a motive. I certainly don't believe Max's death was a premeditated murder but I do believe if his death was truly an accident, there would be reasonable explanations for scooters and balls and broken chandeliers.

Don't some people just lash out at children out of anger, frustration, jealousy?

JMO

Particularly if someone was already upset and frustrated with the two older siblings who had left that morning.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member