Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty

So does that mean the DT went through a dozen experts before they found Dr. White willing to take the defense's side?

The researcher said the evidence recovered in Jackson's bedroom was more consistent with the singer receiving the powerful anesthetic through an injection. He said he believes Jackson somehow gave himself a 25-milligram dose of the drug between 11:30 a.m. and noon on June 25, 2009, when Murray found the singer unresponsive.

He initially was reluctant to become involved in the Jackson case. But White said that after reading more than a dozen expert reports, he couldn't figure out how others came to the conclusion that Murray would have had to leave Jackson on a propofol IV drip for the singer to die with the anesthetic still coursing through his body.

http://hosted2.ap.org/OREUG/f7ded15...on-Doctor/id-f228ed2ff8ff4a68bd6fb60e3a759061

And finally Dr. White:

14. Would you permit Dr. Murray to administer any type of anesthetic medication to you or a loved one?

I imagine a deer in the headlights look on that question.

"Your Honor, Your Honor!! Call a 20-minute recess and then call 911 -- this witness has fainted or passed out. He was trying to crawl out of the courtroom but was trampled-on by Lawyer Flanagan who has disappeared. Is there a doctor in the house?"

So does that mean the DT went through a dozen experts before they found Dr. White willing to take the defense's side?

The researcher said the evidence recovered in Jackson's bedroom was more consistent with the singer receiving the powerful anesthetic through an injection. He said he believes Jackson somehow gave himself a 25-milligram dose of the drug between 11:30 a.m. and noon on June 25, 2009, when Murray found the singer unresponsive.

He initially was reluctant to become involved in the Jackson case. But White said that after reading more than a dozen expert reports, he couldn't figure out how others came to the conclusion that Murray would have had to leave Jackson on a propofol IV drip for the singer to die with the anesthetic still coursing through his body.

http://hosted2.ap.org/OREUG/f7ded15...on-Doctor/id-f228ed2ff8ff4a68bd6fb60e3a759061

Well he should be right at home. Murray succumbed to a patient doctor shopping and now the main witness in his defense has succumbed to expert shopping for his 15 minutes of expert testimony fame in high profile case.

I don't believe for one second he was reluctant to become involved in a high profile case unless his hesitation was because he knew what his opinion was going to do to his reputation. He gets 13 expert opinion reports and he is the only one that disagrees. Can you imagine the testosterone flowing when that telephone conversation took place as he expounded on his expertise and he just did not agree. Then Chernoff or Flanagan asks him to testify and he back peddles real quick because he doesn't want to become involved? please. :rocker:

IMO

"Your Honor, Your Honor!! Call a 20-minute recess and then call 911 -- this witness has fainted or passed out. He was trying to crawl out of the courtroom but was trampled-on by Lawyer Flanagan who has disappeared. Is there a doctor in the house?"

OMG!!! Hilarious. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I was just reading Alan Duke's story @ CNN, that stated that White said he just couldn't figure out where the State got the idea that CM was infusing propofol that fateful day. Well, it was the conclusion of not only Dr. Murray but Dr. Steinberg, as well.

Another random thought: If Murray was only giving MJ 25 mg. of propofol, why were all those other bottles lying around, the ones that he ordered Alberto Alvarez to put in the bag (and that were subsequently found in the bag)?

I think this jury is likely to focus on things like the above: the common sense stuff. The battle of the nerds with graphs and mathematical models is all well and good, but I suspect a jury will decide based upon the things they "know". At least, I certainly hope so.

It looks like all experts sided with the state and they could only get White to go along with the defense. I still wonder if White's interest is more about being in competition with Shafer. His little act about his friend DS didn't fool me. He talked so nice and glowy about him and then he tried to throw him under the bus every chance he got. There is jealousy there when it comes to how White feels about Shafer, imo.

And isn't it convenient. He says Murray's 25 mgs would not have killed MJ but now he says the other 25 mg that MJ supposedly injected:innocent: would kill him.:innocent: Yet he even told the jury that he wasnt patient and usually pushes the propofol in at a fast rate.:waitasec:

Yet, I suppose he shut his eyes to the fact that Murray said he had already been giving him a 50 mg in the initial bolus continued with a drip for two months straight.:innocent:

Walgren is going to tear him a new one come Monday, imo.

imo

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:rollercoaster::yourock::yourock:

They should make sure they say they don't need an anesthesiologist to assist them since the poor darn witness is already passed out.:floorlaugh:

We wouldn't want White rushing over there with his propofol bottle and IV line in tow.:floorlaugh:

Judge Pastor would look at Murray..then point his finger and say.....'dont you move a da*n muscle bud...you have already done enough damage.' 'There aint gonna be nobody dying on my watch.':furious: :)

Dr White comes to, open his eyes, realizes he's alive & breathing and that Conrad Murray
is doing one-handed compressions on his chest and blowing air into his mouth.

(without touching lips, of course.)

FYI: The Cards just won the World Series.

Dr White comes to, open his eyes, realizes he's alive & breathing and that Conrad Murray is doing one-handed compressions on his chest and blowing air into his mouth.

We have the makings of a great SNL skit.

Dr White comes to, open his eyes, realizes he's alive & breathing and that Conrad Murray

FYI: The Cards just won the World Series.[/QUOTE]

My hubby sure isnt happy.

But he said the Rangers just gave the game away.

I agree....

Rangers shoulda won. But they gave us an exciting game last night!

They should make sure they say they don't need an anesthesiologist to assist them since the poor darn witness is already passed out.:floorlaugh:

We wouldn't want White rushing over there with his propofol bottle and IV line in tow.:floorlaugh:

Judge Pastor would look at Murray..then point his finger and say.....'dont you move a da*n muscle bud...you have already done enough damage.' 'There aint gonna be nobody dying on my watch.':furious:

To which Dr.Murray replies: "Stat! Can someone please hand me a phone so I can call Dr. White's assistant to ask them to send someone to help here?":rocker:

FYI: The Cards just won the World Series.

:floorlaugh:...:floorlaugh:....:laugh:....:laugh:.....:lol: Made me laff & my ribs go "ouch."
icon10.gif

:lol:<====== Look at this little man -- see what his hair is like when you see him head-on?? Does it remind you a little bit of Cherny's hairline?

I'll stop now... I think we're all getting charged-up thinking about the fireworks to come on Monday!!!!

Borndem, or anyone who happens to hop on here and can possibly explain......

If the kidneys start to shut down almost a week before death and the patient's ankles, legs and thighs are triple their already overweight size, does all that fluid deplete from the body soon after death?

And I'll try not to be too morbid and gross, but does that fluid exit the body, say....when the body is moved when the mortuary comes to the house to pick up the body?

If the body had been slightly elevated at the head when death occurred, and remained elevated for about 6 hours, would putting the body in a supine position about 6 hours after death cause all that fluid that was built up in the legs to end up in the hips, chest and face of the deceased?

I know, I know.....strange questions.
But if I can't ask my new buddies here, I don't know where else I'd ask without getting some really strange stares. :)

Any excess fluids in the tissues out side of the circulatory system will move in the direction of gravity. If the deceased were on their back, this fluid would move to the back of the body.

Let me say I am very sorry to hear of your loss. May God gently carry you along the path of grief and know that you will not grieve alone. Bless you.

To which Dr.Murray replies: "Stat! Can someone please hand me a phone so I can call Dr. White's assistant to ask them to send someone to help here?":rocker:

Dummy he was! It killed me when Conrat explained his thought processes to the police during the interview. He knew Michael's address, but he didn't know the zip code ?? What is that about? He reached for his phone and called Michael's assistant! Beyond ignorant. There are no words to describe his actions.

To which Walgren replies: "There's no phones in here."

He's right, they just ran out of steam & drive, I think. We have always liked the Cardinals, but we were pulling hard for the Rangers due to our home-town boy, Josh Hamilton. At least they weren't beaten by the Dayam Yankees. (not possible, same league, but you get my drift....)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back