NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something new on JR's blog:

"Official Response"
http://mauramurray.blogspot.com/

Hmmmm, what to make of that?

Also, still no word about what was found in the horse grave yard that Scoops was looking into?

I haven't gotten anywhere new with the horse cemetery info. The NH assistant state's attorney won't return my calls and of the several news/radio sources I contacted that are in the area, none of them have followed up with anything. I even talked directly to the managing editor of the Caldonian Record and he promised that his staff would get some sort of an update on it ... and as to date, nothing has been done. And now when I call up there, he won't return my calls

When I originally talked to Jeff Strelzin (Assistant AG), he told me they were expecting to have a release on their findings within the matter of weeks.

But I could tell by his pause in his voice, that I had caught him off-guard, so he may have just been feeding me a line to get me to not press him any further and just go away.

Maura Murray is one of the most haunting cases I can remember...I can't help but wonder if she got picked up by our LISK killer....something about girls alone and in peril and maybe someone out there looking for them.

maybe she got hit by a car, but you think a shoe or something would show up.

she wasn't a humiliated run away daughter...I don't believe it.

Maura Murray is one of the most haunting cases I can remember...I can't help but wonder if she got picked up by our LISK killer....something about girls alone and in peril and maybe someone out there looking for them.

maybe she got hit by a car, but you think a shoe or something would show up.

she wasn't a humiliated run away daughter...I don't believe it.

Good point about the shoe. I saw a horrific accident on I-95 where a guy got hit by multiple cars. It was Christmas evening (cold here in New England) and both shoes were off his feet from the impacts. If she was hit by a car, her shoe or shoes could have been plowed into the side of the road from snow removal, especially if she was hit in an area they didn't search and it had snowed. Time went by so the shoe ended up on the side of the road in weeds. BTW, I used to cycle a lot. You'd be surprise what you see on the side of the road --dead birds, men's underwear, etc.

yeah it is possible that her remains could be there along one of the routes she walked in...but that said...how many options could she have had in that weather for a walk to destination?

wouldn't you try to walk towards a lit area with commerce?

wasn't there a gas station up aways?

A big semi could send her flying into the trees...but I still think they would have found her by now...unless they are wrong about her even being there to begin with.

now that will give you something crazy to think about...

what if she was not driving that car?

let me just explain...

What if the guy who says he encountered her, actually didn't?

What if something happened to Maura before the car was left there...

we just have this one person who claims to have seen her after the accident right?

let me just explain...

we just have this one person who claims to have seen her after the accident right?

No, there were several witnesses that saw a lone female by the car the night of the accident. The witness/bus driver that stumbled into her along the road wasn't even the first one to report her to 911.

sorry, I haven't been looking at this case in sometime...you are right ...i remember now.

did we ever get details on the hysterical phone call with the sister?

am I remembering correctly that she would not elaborate.

what does Maura's sister think happened?

wasn"t there a boyfriend issue? why would she withold? Did Maura have any weapons?

was she suicidal?

such a cold dark night...what a terrible place to be drunk and in a crash... a simple head injury could have sent her into the woods or away from help....she may have walked off to pee and died.

they need to look every place they have not searched...opposite of where they looked before...

are there any other missing women in that area or on that route?

I appreciate the refresh.

I haven't gotten anywhere new with the horse cemetery info. The NH assistant state's attorney won't return my calls and of the several news/radio sources I contacted that are in the area, none of them have followed up with anything. I even talked directly to the managing editor of the Caldonian Record and he promised that his staff would get some sort of an update on it ... and as to date, nothing has been done. And now when I call up there, he won't return my calls

When I originally talked to Jeff Strelzin (Assistant AG), he told me they were expecting to have a release on their findings within the matter of weeks.

But I could tell by his pause in his voice, that I had caught him off-guard, so he may have just been feeding me a line to get me to not press him any further and just go away.

Thanks for the update! Interesting! You know the way a lawyer will tell his client not say anything to LE, seems like LE is doing that back to those who ask it questions....

I fee this is what happened when JR asked his questions about the search warrant (see a few posts above) - it isn't really that case is that open, it just that LE is doing their version of being lawyer'ed up...

let me just explain...

There were actually a few witnesses. Neighbors saw her. I'm pretty confident it was Maura who was driving that car and she was alone. This is where all the evidence points to . . the rest is wild speculations.

sorry, I haven't been looking at this case in sometime...you are right ...i remember now.

did we ever get details on the hysterical phone call with the sister?

am I remembering correctly that she would not elaborate.

what does Maura's sister think happened?

wasn"t there a boyfriend issue? why would she withold? Did Maura have any weapons?

was she suicidal?

such a cold dark night...what a terrible place to be drunk and in a crash... a
simple head injury could have sent her into the woods or away from help....she may have walked off to pee and died.

they need to look every place they have not searched...opposite of where they looked before...

are there any other missing women in that area or on that route?

I appreciate the refresh.

I don't think she went up there to commit suicide.

I think she had either accepted a ride from someone bad, she got hit by a car, or she succumbed to the elements. I don't think it was complicated. It is extremely wooded where she disappeared and since she was a champion runner, she could have got far. If there was foul play involved, she could be anywhere in the forest, water or even on private property.

let me just explain...

Witnesses looking out their windows saw him talking to her. IMO, it was her that he spoke to . .

I have to agree with Renner. It looks like an ongoing criminal case. Yet, I think they could possibly be not absolutely sure, but do want to keep everything under wraps just in case the info they do have is actually evidence of a crime. They could have their eye on a potential suspect.

I wasn't impressed by the tone of the letter; given that Maura has been missing so long and a decent PR effort might be helpful, there is no reason for LE to simply refuse to meet with the media. mThemofficer can always decline to answer certain questions. I hope you guys are right and this reply isn't just part of an effort to make the story go away.

Thanks for the update! Interesting! You know the way a lawyer will tell his client not say anything to LE, seems like LE is doing that back to those who ask it questions....

I fee this is what happened when JR asked his questions about the search warrant (see a few posts above) - it isn't really that case is that open, it just that LE is doing their version of being lawyer'ed up...

Well specifically concerning the news media like the Caldonian Record. They are just being lazy by not following up on this information, even if it is just to come back with testing is still underway. They should be able to convey to readers why it is taking so long to get answers and what kind of priority this particular finding (partial human skull) takes up at the lab.

As far as Strezlin goes, I should've never mentioned Maura Murray to him. Like many other missing people in his area, he appears to have a problem in getting results. I shouldv'e just mentioned interest in the human skull finding and left it at that and not tried to mention a link to Maura to him (obviously a sore subject with him).

I wasn't impressed by the tone of the letter; given that Maura has been missing so long and a decent PR effort might be helpful, there is no reason for LE to simply refuse to meet with the media. mThemofficer can always decline to answer certain questions. I hope you guys are right and this reply isn't just part of an effort to make the story go away.

I know what you mean. It is very difficult to just keep the faith that they are doing anything without any feedback from them. I'm not surprised they didn't answer Renner, because of Fred Murray's experience. At least, they are handling Maura's disappearance as a criminal case and not just saying she ran away.

Well the last paragraph on JR's certainly has peaked my interest :

I don't think Fred has anything to do with her disappearance except for the words that may have happened after she crashed his car. Maybe I'm naive, but I think she ran up to NH, because she was upset over the crashing of her Dad's car and upsetting him. Maybe the car crash and the aftermath opened up old wounds between father and daughter. This is all speculation of course.

Well the last paragraph on JR's certainly has peaked my interest :

Big oops! The "last paragraph" I was referring to is NOT the present one on JR's blog!

It was instead this one from a previous blog post,
"Lots to talk about in the coming days. I'm still not sure what Maura's ultimate fate was, but I believe I have a much clearer idea of why she drove to New Hampshire in the first place. And I think I understand the rag in the tailpipe."

W.O.W. Interesing to say the least. Anytime I hear about family members that do not want to be interviewed by police when a loved one goes missing, it always peaks my interest as well. Makes one go hmmmm.

I think FM's experience with LE was not a good one and he felt they weren't on his side..
After seeing many crime shows in which "tunnel-vision" was involved, I understand FM's position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member