Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we used to live in Spotsylvania,one our friends worked for the Sheriffs Dept,he trained this little dog in classes.It was just a little mutt dog and was so good at tracking,it became one of the best little tracking dogs they had.IT wasn't a cadaver dog,just used in search and rescue.I think he got it in a shelter or someone gave it to him,can't remember.

I watched a program on how a dog was adopted from a shelter and taught to be a search dog. They described the dogs that love toys are the best one's to train.

And what about Ron's weird comment about Taking out the trash when it's time...

Mmmm Hmmmmm I brought it up again a couple days ago and ya'll poo-poo'd it.... I still dont think he was talking about getting even with the "trash" who did this.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18805304/detail.html

Dogs could be alerted to something as small as a bandage to cover a bloody cut...
This was from the dogs alert, not a tip, per a detective on the case.

Do we know what kind of dog hit on the dumpster? Cadaver or Search? That comment about the bandage is a little misleading. A cadaver dog would only hit on blood that came from a cadaver. Search dogs are trained in human scent. At least that is my understanding from the info that came through on Caylee's case.

I can't imagine what they are going through right now, just waiting to hear, not knowing anything, I hope they have a lot of love and support surrounding them.

Me too Lovejac..As critical of them all as I have been, right now my heart aches for them all..
I hope we hear something soon..

Oh,that's sad,TN said RC can't take anymore beating,he came out the day before yesterday at a presser.You'd just have to shoot me,I couldn't take it.

The media was saying how the dumpster was hidden behind the tall fence - and something about not searching there, they didn't know it was there or something. Sorry I'm not being more accurate as to what I remember.

I can't imagine that's the truth. LE did circumference searches from the trailer, didn't they?

And if it is true, shame on LE- but somehow I don't think it is.

I don't think they found her. But what I find odd is how much attention LE is giving this dumpster. If there wasn't anything in the dumpster, why do they have so many people there going over the dumpster. However, it struck me as odd the way they were just throwing the trash bags around. So I'm hoping that they didn't find anything.

Is it possible LE had used that odor disguising gel prior to starting their search (the one worn above the upper lip?). Most garbage can be pretty foul. I don't wonder if they put some of that on before beginning their search.
Had never heard of that, Disguiseduser. I guess thay could have.

Do we know what kind of dog hit on the dumpster? Cadaver or Search? That comment about the bandage is a little misleading. A cadaver dog would only hit on blood that came from a cadaver. Search dogs are trained in human scent. At least that is my understanding from the info that came through on Caylee's case.

Cadaver dogs were out today.

It was reported they were cadaver dogs out there today. I will try and find the link again if need be.

My local station..13 CFNews 13...is showing a live shot of the scene They are sifting through brush from the dumpster with a bulldozer type machine.

I watched a program on how a dog was adopted from a shelter and taught to be a search dog. They described the dogs that love toys are the best one's to train.

I know,it was so playful,good with his kids,just had that hound in him.

I can't imagine what they are going through right now, just waiting to hear, not knowing anything, I hope they have a lot of love and support surrounding them.
I can't imagine watching it all unfold on tv.

Had never heard of that, Disguiseduser. I guess thay could have.

I don't know what it's called but I know there some kind of gel/lotion or whatever you wanna call it that disguises odors. Maybe someone else here knows the actual name of it and whether or not it's used commonly in searches like this.

Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308
Is it possible LE had used that odor disguising gel prior to starting their search (the one worn above the upper lip?). Most garbage can be pretty foul. I don't wonder if they put some of that on before beginning their search.
Mentholatum

I can't imagine that's the truth. LE did circumference searches from the trailer, didn't they?

And if it is true, shame on LE- but somehow I don't think it is.

I'm probably wrong about what was exactly said but they did say something about the tall fence keeping people from noticing the dumpster. :)

They would have to be physically holding me back from going to that dumpster. I realize LE can't have family coming up there, but how hard it must be to sit and watch this unfold on tv.

Me too Lovejac..As critical of them all as I have been, right now my heart aches for them all..
I hope we hear something soon..

We are only human, ya know. I know what a big heart you have :blowkiss:

My local station..13 CFNews 13...is showing a live shot of the scene They are sifting through brush from the dumpster with a bulldozer type machine.

Oh thank you,I thought they closed down all videos,TN said the families were to stay in their campsites.It's too bad they couldn't be all together.

Greta is going to have stuff on Haleigh tonight just to let you all know so maybe she will have updated info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa