Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true but they were massive high profile cases all (to the best of my knowledge) in QLD. If you look at the context within which he's talking, the only comparison he's making is how the public have reacted to it:

He says: "There are some crimes - Allison Baden-Clay, Daniel Morcombe, Sian Kingi and Anita Cobby in Sydney - that for whatever reason, grip the public's imagination," Mr Atkinson said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226359363978

Considering in all those cases the people involved *did not* know their attackers, there's no link there unless you go with she was raped/sexually assaulted. However, IMO, I really think that's unlikely given what we know as fact in this case.

BUT- All these crimes committed to Allison, Daniel, Sian and Anita had accomplices that helped the killer!!!!!!!!

Daniel, Sian and Anitas crimes were notably HORRIFIC and Hawkins, one of our posters, said last night that "the new news about Allison will show nasty and confronting things that a jury will be sickened by."

Hence I think poor Allisons demise will be nasty and horrific to a jury too.

That's the reason I think our Police Commissioner noted them all together in his Press Release.

I just dug up this quote from the first page of the first thread:

Looks to me like he was a suss the first day for sure! And what an interesting observation by this WS sleuth.

But, then there was this:

He confirmed it was still a missing person’s investigation and that Allison’s husband, Gerard Baden-Clay, was no longer a person of interest.

as posted by Myserty64 and butwhatif I think, post numbers 7 and 8 of thread one on day one. April 23rd

must have changed their minds again?

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...226336283974&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13373171582021

The Dark Shadow.....The couch is large, there is always room for 2 Hawkins. We will sit Woombite in the middle (they are pretty clever too)....soyou and Hawkins dont claw at each other......teasing ;) :)

Hello everyone,

Like many others, I have been following this case with interest. Although I'm from Australia, I'm not a Brookfield local or Queenslander.

As this case started to develop, I did a lot of reading/research into other instances of family homicide, and in particular the Sef Gonzales case. It really is a fascinating case, and I would definitely recommend anyone new to sleuthing to have a look at this case, and the brilliant detective work which eventually undid Sef, and resulted in a conviction and life imprisonment. The most interesting aspect of this case was that although police/detectives had earmarked Sef as a suspect from the very first day/night of the investigation, it was not until <b>ELEVEN MONTHS</b> after the murders that police had enough evidence to arrest and charge Sef. Admittedly, Sef does come across as very manipulative, cold-blooded and intelligent - or at least, cunning enough to create an elaborate web of lies...

...the reason I bring him up relates to one of the big topics of speculation on this board over the last few days, "When/how will the arrest happen?" My $0.02:

1) An arrest will not happen any time soon. As much as I and everyone else here would like it to, it may take months.

2) The arrest, when it occurs, will probably be carried out in the same sort of manner as Sef's arrest, which can be seen here (real police footage, as featured on the episode of Crime Investigation Australia focusing on Sef Gonzales):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s7FtH2z86oc#t=2639s
[the whole episode is well worth watching]

Sorry for being a little off-topic, but hopefully it provides some sort of context for how a potential arrest might take place.

There seems to be several lines of thought on what is taking so long for an arrest:

1. This is a straight forward case, but there is a lack of solid evidence. The cops are buying time and playing cat and mouse to get more evidence.

2. It's a fairly straight forward case, and there is a lot of strong evidence, but the cops need to tie up a few loose ends so they have a watertight case that won't be picked apart in court by Mr. big shot defence lawyer. (probably a good thing GBC hired the barrister prematurely so the cops know what they are dealing with.)

3. It's a more complicated case with numerous people involved, and while there may be a lot of evidence that points to one person, they are waiting until they get the whole story, either so the case is stronger in court, or so they can convict more people.

Either way, it seems that you are right, and there will not be an arrest before the cops are well and truely ready.

ETA: welcome to the forum!!!

Hello everyone,

Like many others, I have been following this case with interest. Although I'm from Australia, I'm not a Brookfield local or Queenslander.

As this case started to develop, I did a lot of reading/research into other instances of family homicide, and in particular the Sef Gonzales case. It really is a fascinating case, and I would definitely recommend anyone new to sleuthing to have a look at this case, and the brilliant detective work which eventually undid Sef, and resulted in a conviction and life imprisonment. The most interesting aspect of this case was that although police/detectives had earmarked Sef as a suspect from the very first day/night of the investigation, it was not until <b>ELEVEN MONTHS</b> after the murders that police had enough evidence to arrest and charge Sef. Admittedly, Sef does come across as very manipulative, cold-blooded and intelligent - or at least, cunning enough to create an elaborate web of lies...

...the reason I bring him up relates to one of the big topics of speculation on this board over the last few days, "When/how will the arrest happen?" My $0.02:

1) An arrest will not happen any time soon. As much as I and everyone else here would like it to, it may take months.

2) The arrest, when it occurs, will probably be carried out in the same sort of manner as Sef's arrest, which can be seen here (real police footage, as featured on the episode of Crime Investigation Australia focusing on Sef Gonzales):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s7FtH2z86oc#t=2639s
[the whole episode is well worth watching]

Sorry for being a little off-topic, but hopefully it provides some sort of context for how a potential arrest might take place.
Thanks feisty I only watched the last 15 mins re arrest etc but many similarities if any of the things that have been spoken about here are true. He even had purchased poisonous berries online, paid prostitutes and taxi drivers to provide alibi's and even set up extortion against his own grandmother to make it look like he killer was anyone but him. Only 21 yrs old.
A pertinent comment made by the journo at the end, when she said that in her view the NSW police handled it superbly not bowing to public pressure but building the case bit by bit until they got the final bit of evidence that nailed him 11 months later. Interesting in the detectives was nicknamed 'dark shadow' but is now retired!
We could be in for a long wait!!

Ps am also female hence the cooking, cleaning, washing and general 'unemployed activity'

that would be fun - perhaps we could all wear deerstalker hats and carry magnifying glasses?

If he saw a pose of websluths coming at him with our hats and magnifying glasses, and if course he would have heard of our amazing crime solving skills, he'll drop his pants for sure. Crime solved.:woohoo::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther:

Hi Kimster,
Well, there are daily court lists, which do list arrestees (for arrest court) ---> http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/daily-law-lists
HTH :)

I did intend to have a lot of input into this thread in order to help with understanding some aspects of the process (i am a criminologist, btw), but whenever i think of something to write, somebody else has already beaten me to it (I'm looking at you, Hawkins, lol)!
I personally believe (IMO) that GBC knows what has happened, but i am not so sure he is entirely guilty...just a gut feeling. I think there is a lot more to this case than meets the eye and i think probably 80% of what has been discussed is likely to be incorrect. Incidentally, one of the first things any person entering a justice system profession is told is that the media is a completely untrustworthy source of information... i personally have disregarded about 50% of what has been reported as fact by the media :twocents:

Hi The Dark Shadow, and welcome.

I know we all have a crush on Hawkins, but I would love to hear your comments too. Hawkins sounds like he knows what he is talking about, but it would be great to hear from someone else who can back him up, even if you're not first to the punch.

Just out of personal curiosity, what exactly does a criminologist do? I took several criminology units as part of my BA degree, and i have often thought about doing a masters in criminology because I found it so fascinating. However, no one has been able to tell me exactly where criminolgists are employed. It seems most people doing the masters are either cops or people who end up lecturing/researching criminology for universities.

Also agree with you on the reliability of the media, that was the first thing I was told in journalism 101 as well.

And dear Kimster, please forgive me, I'm not sleuthing this person, I don't want to know their exact place of employment, just a general idea of how a criminologist makes a living. :angel:

BUT- All these crimes committed to Allison, Daniel, Sian and Anita had accomplices that helped the killer!!!!!!!!

Daniel, Sian and Anitas crimes were notably HORRIFIC and Hawkins, one of our posters, said last night that "the new news about Allison will show nasty and confronting things that a jury will be sickened by."

Hence I think poor Allisons demise will be nasty and horrific to a jury too.

That's the reason I think our Police Commissioner noted them all together in his Press Release.

I didnt know Daniel's murder involved an accomplice? I knew about Sian Kingi (valmae beck and barry watts (shudder) ), I knew Anita Cobby had several (4 or 5) sick individuals that participated in her shocking murder..these crimes were horrific and I assume Daniels was too, that was what I thought others might have thought he meant by the connection, but I assumed he was talking about murders that had 'touched the heart of a nation'

I didnt know Daniel's murder involved an accomplice? I knew about Sian Kingi (valmae beck and barry watts (shudder) ), I knew Anita Cobby had several (4 or 5) sick individuals that participated in her shocking murder..these crimes were horrific and I assume Daniels was too, that was what I thought others might have thought he meant by the connection, but I assumed he was talking about murders that had 'touched the heart of a nation'

I feel physically ill when I think of poor Daniel, the piece of filth that did that needs the death penalty.........

nothing less would suffice imo :(

Have to say this is the first Oz or Aussie case I have followed and am so broken hearted over it all.... Y'all oz's are awesome & hope to visit your country one day, y'all rock :)

The case, unfortunately I dont have much to add, thoughts of who, why, when & how are same as most of you... just very sad and hoping an arrest is coming soon

Have to go it is 'POETS' day - P.... Off Early Tomorrow is Saturday, and Beer O'clock and time for 'Wine down'Please Morph don't work too long!

how can it be that of all the people in all the world, one truly awful, evil individual will happen upon another and together commit the most awful of crimes? As I understand it, there will often be a ringleader, and a follower and the follower may never go down this godawful path if not for the ringleader manipulating them? far out... do you think they actively seek out a 'puppet' to work on?

I think they are getting their shots now ready when they dont have to fight all the other reporters for a spot there. If Gerard is not living in his home it would be more likely for him to be arrested where he is staying. My guess is that it will happen while the dear little girls are at school and when he is at his office or parents.

Oh but wouldn't it be spectacular if he was arrested during the Brookfield show(kids with Dickies) 4 cars turn up with sirens and lights and arrest him in front of the whole Brookfield community. Oh the shame : )

We obviously hope you locals get to snoop the show and promptly update us :what:

I feel physically ill when I think of poor Daniel, the piece of filth that did that needs the death penalty.........

nothing less would suffice imo :(

Daniels story broke my heart for so many years...still does, we lived near Woombye and my daughter was just about to turn 12...even the death penalty wouldnt make anyone feel any justice I sometimes think

I know we all have a crush on Hawkins, but I would love to hear your comments too. Hawkins sounds like he knows what he is talking about, but it would be great to hear from someone else who can back him up, even if you're not first to the punch.

Just out of personal curiosity, what exactly does a criminologist do? I took several criminology units as part of my BA degree, and i have often thought about doing a masters in criminology because I found it so fascinating. However, no one has been able to tell me exactly where criminolgists are employed. It seems most people doing the masters are either cops or people who end up lecturing/researching criminology for universities.

Also agree with you on the reliability of the media, that was the first thing I was told in journalism 101 as well.

And dear Kimster, please forgive me, I'm not sleuthing this person, I don't want to know their exact place of employment, just a general idea of how a criminologist makes a living. :angel:

In order to post as a professional on Websleuths, we have a verification procedure. I've sent Dark Shadows information on becoming verified. It's a great system because members know that posters are most likely skilled in what they say once they are added to our verified posters list. Here's a link to the current master list, but there are other lists that can be found throughout the forum: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126206"]Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders *MAIN PAGE* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

That's excellent that the site offers that Kimster :)

I'll apply for professional crap talker....lol ;-)

If he saw a pose of websluths coming at him with our hats and magnifying glasses, and if course he would have heard of our amazing crime solving skills, he'll drop his pants for sure. Crime solved.:woohoo::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther::websleuther:

Why, in the name of all that is holy, would he be dropping his pants? :sheesh:

I agree. I am happy to have a bro-mance with The Dark Shadow if Hawkins is going to keep resisting our advances. Welcome TDS :)

Daniels story broke my heart for so many years...still does, we lived near Woombye and my daughter was just about to turn 12...even the death penalty wouldnt make anyone feel any justice I sometimes think

I think the perp was living in that caravan park just Brisbane side of Woombye. When I worked in Maroochydore we were often getting called there to back up Nambour crew for Domestics and such. There was some very strange goings on in some filthy dingy little caravan's there.:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard