WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stretch of the river is actually a resevoir, and, as such, its level varies day to day. Since at least January of this year, the river level has been extremely low. On February 13, there was a "beach."

So, don't rely on that Google Earth image too much.

Yep, old google earth pics are definitely unreliable. Certain times of the year the water level in that stretch of the river can fluctuate more than 4-5 feet in less than an hr.

In addition, even though I have never been to CB, the image of that location on Google Earth (not Google maps) shows the waterline all the way up to the bushes, hardly, if any, beach at all.

ETA - Picture is from June 2006, so it may not be accurate in terms of water levels in February 2008. It does give an overview of the property (if it is the correct property, that is). I think one can even see the "pond."

Great photo. And, yes, it is an accurate photo of the CB property.

Also, directly up from the letters "ol" in "geological" to just to the right of the green bush closest to the river, that's where MC's body was discovered.

Am I right, MelissaW?

How did you find out that she only "signed out as just going for the coffee"? Although it seems I have heard that before, but not sure where?

bbm

"Moore said seven detectives are working on the case: three from Chelan County, two from Douglas County and two from the Wenatchee Police Department. He said Cowell was last seen about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when she left the hair academy for what colleagues said was a normal drive to get coffee at Aut-To Mocha at Fifth and Chelan streets."

Snipped from http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/11/separate-searches-go-airborne-rescuers-comb/ posted Feb. 11 on WW website.

They were inaccurate about the time she left, so maybe they were inaccurate about where she was going. But initially, anyway, it seems like they were under the impression she went to get coffee.

bbm

"Moore said seven detectives are working on the case: three from Chelan County, two from Douglas County and two from the Wenatchee Police Department. He said Cowell was last seen about 3:30 p.m. Tuesday when she left the hair academy for what colleagues said was a normal drive to get coffee at Aut-To Mocha at Fifth and Chelan streets."

Snipped from http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/11/separate-searches-go-airborne-rescuers-comb/ posted Feb. 11 on WW website.

They were inaccurate about the time she left, so maybe they were inaccurate about where she was going. But initially, anyway, it seems like they were under the impression she went to get coffee.

Yeah, but get coffee and come back to class or what??? Or was coffee just the next stop on her normal routine after class and that's why it was mentioned in the article?

.......I meant......

C. If she took someone with her and they were in the car when she arrived, then they would have had to wait for her the entire time she was in the Academy, without ever getting out to smoke, go to the bathroom, etc...

Actually, do we know what time she arrived at the Academy that day?

And when she signed out of school, she signed out as just going for the coffee. She didn't time out as if she was through for the entire day.

I am just wondering if it has been confirmed that she actually signed out saying she was going to get coffee? According to this article snipped by me it doesn't sound like it.

This article is more recent. It is from 02-16-10.

"Cowell was last seen about mid-afternoon Tuesday when she left the Academy of Hair Design, possibly to buy some coffee, officials have said. Peggy Strozyk, director of the academy, said this morning that she had not heard anyone there say that Cowell was heading out to buy coffee. She speculated that Cowell might have been heading back to the high school to practice with the school’s dance team, which she often did at that time."

Here is the link to the article

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/16/case-now-turns-to-lab-work-authorities-hope/

Looked at new information. Find it interesting that WC bf x sjn has a small section that links to different sites. Also did a google search and found a few interesting tidbits in relation to YouTube 560KPQ's video of MC walking to her car, and then also something on Free BlackBerry Stuff website. Just interesting

Indeed, very interesting, especially The Free Blackberry Stuff site comments.

ETA: Does anybody know anything about this person? SJNF, that is.

Yeah, but get coffee and come back to class or what??? Or was coffee just the next stop on her normal routine after class and that's why it was mentioned in the article?

IMHO, probably that she was leaving for the day, otherwise wouldn't people have said sooner that it was strange that she didn't come back after getting coffee? I haven't heard anything from friends or co-workers at the Academy stating they thought it was strange she didn't come back, that it was out of character, etc. It wasn't until she missed curfew that it came to light something was wrong...maybe...possibly??

Great photo. And, yes, it is an accurate photo of the CB property.

Also, directly up from the letters "ol" in "geological" to just to the right of the green bush closest to the river, that's where MC's body was discovered.

Am I right, MelissaW?

Correct. Also, the helpfindthemissing website forum for MC has some photos of the property with a marker indicating the approximate location.

The whole coffee bit is just one example of why, IMHO, this case is so frustrating, especially when dealing with official news accounts. Information is not only different from one article to another, but in the case of the coffee it is a downright contradiction.

Grrrr . . . . :banghead:

Sorry, just had to vent there for a second.

Hi Everyone. I have been following the discussion and finally decided to join...maybe I can help in some small way. I have some comments on pufnstuf's timeline and I'll try to add those soon.

The whole coffee bit is just one example of why, IMHO, this case is so frustrating, especially when dealing with official news accounts. Information is not only different from one article to another, but in the case of the coffee it is a downright contradiction.

Grrrr . . . . :banghead:

Sorry, just had to vent there for a second.

Sorry!! Wasn't trying to make anyone bang their heads anymore than we already have lol. I agree though, you read one thing one place and then you read the complete opposite the next day.

I don't know their system at the Academy, but I hope they have corrected some things since this happened. I would think that minors, especially those leaving school to attend, would be highly monitored. Even if they are good kids their instructor should know when they are coming and going. Not only to prevent situations like this but so that they know that students are really using the program like it is designed to be used. If not, they shouldn't be leaving the high school to attend. JMO.

Does anyone think the LE, or news, can or will lie when relaying facts to the public?

Hey, Del Rio, would it be fair to suspect that you saw a lot of pruning of foliage in an effort to conceal themselves during post mortum activities?

Does anyone think the LE, or news, can or will lie when relaying facts to the public?

I do not think that they would directly lie; however, I do think if words are misspoken, they take a long time to correct. When there were three agencies releasing information they had the ability to mislead without lying.

Comments on pufnstuf's timeline (my comments in blue):

3:01 PM - Mackenzie leaves the Academy of Hair Design where she works, gets in her car, and drives away. IIRC there was a news article that said the video camera time stamp was wrong, and the LE had made the correction to their timeline accordingly...do we have the correct time for this event?

3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that she is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, she sent a message to her boyfriend ("hey") and received a message from her boyfriend ("hey"). IIRC, LE said there was an incoming text, followed by an outgoing text. IMO and from my communications training, "incoming" means inbound to subject (MC), followed by outbound from subject (MC). Also, IMO it only means at least that her phone was there...not MC for sure. Anyone can echo back a text of "hey". IMO she could have already lost control of her safety at this point, or she was still OK.

pufnstuff- I thought of something you could add. Right under MC's mother calls 911 to report harassment, what about the other 3 calls that took place on another occasion when she said she was "practicing calling 911"? Or, was that a rumor??

Comments on pufnstuf's timeline (my comments in blue):

3:01 PM - Mackenzie leaves the Academy of Hair Design where she works, gets in her car, and drives away. IIRC there was a news article that said the video camera time stamp was wrong, and the LE had made the correction to their timeline accordingly...do we have the correct time for this event?

3:40 PM - Mackenzie's phone data indicate that she is at/near the Riverfront Park boat ramp. While there, she sent a message to her boyfriend ("hey") and received a message from her boyfriend ("hey"). IIRC, LE said there was an incoming text, followed by an outgoing text. IMO and from my communications training, "incoming" means inbound to subject (MC), followed by outbound from subject (MC). Also, IMO it only means at least that her phone was there...not MC for sure. Anyone can echo back a text of "hey". IMO she could have already lost control of her safety at this point, or she was still OK.

The 3:01pm time is correct. I'm the one that found the article linking the time frame mix up.

A duck blind is a place for hunters to hide. Most of the time, they have been built by a hunter are made of wood, brush, or other natural building materials. In addition some hunters will use camouflage tarps or materials.

The fact that Mackenzie wasn't "sexually assaulted" has perplexed me, because most murders like Mackenzie's have a sexual component to them. Why would she not have been sexually assaulted? Would love to hear other posters' ideas on this. Here's one scenario off the top of my head... based on nothing by conjecture:

Mackenzie may not have been raped because she was murdered by a young man at the behest of a young woman who was jealous that the young man had briefly been romantically interested in Mackenzie. To prove his loyalty to his girlfriend, he took care of Mackenzie, while the girlfriend watched, or possibly participated. Because both were involved in the murder, neither will turn on the other.

The brodie marks, if recent, would be something that a young guy with a system full of adrenaline would do. This may sound disgusting... but... a four-wheeler with a deer rack could carry a body to the dumping site and easily manipulate up and down the incline, along the shore, etc.

Anyway... all conjecture.

Anyone remember the name Diane Zamora? Could be a similar situation. Not saying that it's probable, just saying that it's possible.

The facebook profile that was found last night .. that had a comment from MC on his picture ... stated he was in a relationship with an anniversary of Jan 20 2010. The girl he was in the relationship with also has a myspace account ... it is private, but her picture shows her on an ATV with a friend....

just putting that out there to add to your theory..

~Respectfully snipped and bolded by me~
And when she signed out of school, she signed out as just going for the coffee. She didn't time out as if she was through for the entire day.

This is disputable. The early articles said Mackenzie was going for coffee, but later the instructor said she had not been able to confirm that Mackenzie was going for coffee and that Mackenzie might have been going to the school for dance practice.

That would make me think that Mackenzie did sign out of school for the day?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member