DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How depressingly shady!!
So mum gives her daughter to the janitor at the homeless shelter. After a couple weeks they ask for her back from janitor but he doesn't bring her. They do not report it? It is reported another two weeks later by a social worker checking up why she hasn't been at school. The cars suspected she is travelling in are located at a hotel where the girlfriend of the janitor or his brother in law is found beaten to death and still no Relisha?
Am I understanding this correctly?
My brain cannot comprehend this!!
Poor baby girl xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think her mother was in the hospital. The hospital she gave the address for is closed down and being used as a homeless shelter.

It is my understanding that they had been living at the DC General shelter for families for the past year. When her mother became ill and was hospitalized, she "gave" little Relisha to Kahlil, who was a janitor at the shelter. It has not been said that I have seen whether or not the mother is still hospitalized. Now I wonder whether mom's illness was an actual sickness or more of a substance or mental health issue, where she knew that she was going to remain for a longer period of time before she "got better."

Hollye

Do we know this yet?

This article states that Kahlil is the janitor, who's granddaughter became friends with Relisha, he offered to take Relisha home. According to her father, all was well for a couple weeks and when her Father asked for her back, she was not returned.

http://www.examiner.com/article/rel...-8-year-old-missing-from-prince-george-county

Is the father who asked for her back her biological father (they showed him on NBC news tonight being taken back to DC from MD for more meetings with police) or her stepfather?

Hollye

I just saw the amber alert on FB, this is so incredibly sad and disturbing.

Why do so many parents give their kids away so willingly? I can't even fathom this situation.

Is the father who asked for her back her biological father (they showed him on NBC news tonight being taken back to DC from MD for more meetings with police) or her stepfather?

Hollye

Ack! My apologies... I meant to say Mom's boyfriend.

This is soooo sketchy. Mods, since the suspects have been named in MSM, we can sleuth criminal records, right?

Prayers that this beautiful child is found safe and soon.

There is a sadness in her eyes. My heart is aching for this little girl! Where could they be?

I don't think her mother was in the hospital. The hospital she gave the address for is closed down and being used as a homeless shelter.

So where is the mother? Has she been located? Did anyone from LE talk with her?

So where is the mother? Has she been located? Did anyone from LE talk with her?

I have no idea, but I wonder why LE is not mentioning the mother's name. They mention her BF's name. I guess she asked them not to. But, still...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/dc-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old-girl-find-body-of-woman-linked-to-case/2014/03/20/a3af95b6-b043-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

Ok found it. Updated Amber Alert on DCPD website did remove Lyles name. I wonder if they've located him and if he provided them with any information.

I also wonder what "gave her" means. I have seen before a parent temporarily unable to care for a child. They let them stay with the parent(s) of a friend. Could this be what this mother thought she was doing? It was stated mother spoke to Relisha on the phone. Could she have been thinking, I've befriended this man and his family, they've offered to help with Relisha, this is only until I'm well again. Not saying this is logical thinking but as I've stated, I've seen it happen before especially when parents don't have a lot of resources or support. I have so many questions.

Is Tatum still married? If so, what does his wife say?
What does his granddaughter (friend of Relisha?) say? When was the last time she saw her?
Did Tatum evertake Relisha to school?
Did Tatum continue to work at the shelter? Last day working?
When was the last time anyone saw Relisha?

Please, please, please let this baby be okay.

So mom was never sick? You said she gave an address for the hospital? To who? Why would she need to give the address to the hospital? So confused.

"the child’s mother and other relatives have been interviewed. But a city official and police with knowledge of the search said that detectives are frustrated by contradictory statements, the inability to pin down a definitive timeline of events, and the unclear relationship between Tatum, Relisha and Relisha’s mother."
police say the mother asked Tatum to care for the girl on Feb. 26. Belinda Wheeler, Relisha’s paternal grandmother, said the girl’s mother described the janitor as someone who brought Relisha “a lot of gifts. . . . This Mr. Tatum was a friend of the family. . . . He was trying to be Relisha’s godfather.” But she added that Tatum did not know the family before they moved into the shelter.
D.C. police officials said the girl’s mother has not considered her child missing and said that she had talked to her by phone as recently as Wednesday. But the mother also had met with Tatum and asked him to return Relisha, the same officials said. He promised to but did not follow through, the police said"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html?tid=pm_pop

"the child’s mother and other relatives have been interviewed. But a city official and police with knowledge of the search said that detectives are frustrated by contradictory statements, the inability to pin down a definitive timeline of events, and the unclear relationship between Tatum, Relisha and Relisha’s mother."
police say the mother asked Tatum to care for the girl on Feb. 26. Belinda Wheeler, Relisha’s paternal grandmother, said the girl’s mother described the janitor as someone who brought Relisha “a lot of gifts. . . . This Mr. Tatum was a friend of the family. . . . He was trying to be Relisha’s godfather.” But she added that Tatum did not know the family before they moved into the shelter.
D.C. police officials said the girl’s mother has not considered her child missing and said that she had talked to her by phone as recently as Wednesday. But the mother also had met with Tatum and asked him to return Relisha, the same officials said. He promised to but did not follow through, the police said"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html?tid=pm_pop

Sounds predatory.
Contradictory statements? Uh oh. This information was not included in the article when I posted. Thanks!!!

I'm extremely concerned about the statement in the Washington Post article that the mother told school officials asking about the child that she was at her grandmothers.

Why lie?

I pray she's found quickly. This hurts my heart. Why didn't they report sooner??

A quote about the possible identity of the deceased woman from the Red Roof Inn...

Police said they believe that the dead woman was Tatum’s wife, although her name was not released. The body showed signs of trauma, they said, but they would not describe how they think she was killed.

I'm so sad for you, baby Relisha. Hold tight and look for your angels. Things have to get better.

Way out here in CA and got a FB alert on this precious girl.

Reports are disturbing, to say the least.

The investigation is moving quickly across suburban Maryland as well as the District, and the child’s mother and other relatives have been interviewed. But a city official and police with knowledge of the search said that detectives are frustrated by contradictory statements, the inability to pin down a definitive timeline of events, and the unclear relationship between Tatum, Relisha and Relisha’s mother. One question still unanswered is precisely when the girl went missing and whether authorities missed earlier opportunities to intervene.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...af95b6-b043-11e3-95e8-39bef8e9a48b_story.html

Praying out here on the west coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members