**Graphic and adult content**Jodia Arias Trial Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh geeze I should have known this would come back at me...there are many gun shot wounds to the head and people live. I'm not sure how to articulate this but to say this ME said that decomp played a roll that he wasnt sure of, so therefore he had to go based on an EDUCATED guess. After all he hasent experienced this himself so he has to go on what? Still be sure of my position that she is guilty I just can't see JA overpowering TA with a knife IF he saw it coming so ALL I'm saying is gun shot first. NOT JA innocent!

First, I am not attacking you. However, I am curious... have you actually listened to ALL of the ME's testimony? He explained this in a very detailed manner. Just because the brain was decomposing, he still knows what part of the brain would have been there.

No tomatoes! :woohoo:

I know it's far-fetched but it worked when I tried it in the bathtub!
:rubberducky:
Um, okay. If you were using a .25 casing and human blood I believe you might be going above and beyond the call of duty in Websleuths experimentation.:biggrin:

(StephanieW was dragging her poor husband through the house to prove she could; Nurse kept a pizza box in her trunk during summer; and I wore my daughter's two sizes too small shoes! The things we do for our cases, I tell ya! ;))

Um, okay. If you were using a .25 casing and human blood I believe you might be going above and beyond the call of duty in Websleuths experimentation.:biggrin:

(StephanieW was dragging her poor husband through the house to prove she could; Nurse kept a pizza box in her trunk during summer; and I wore my daughter's two sizes too small shoes! The things we do for our cases, I tell ya! ;))
If I had a .25 casing I would definitely try it!
Hmmm...I do have a shotgun shell :notgood:

Here's the curriculum vitae of our good doctor, for those interested. And I'm not posting it just because it also has a picture of him. Really. No, really. ;)

http://path.upmc.edu/people/residents/horn/horn-cv.html

As an aside though I believe the ME's testimony is only part of the puzzle. Initially there was some confusion as to which wound came first. Even the lead detective assumed the GSW was first because logically it should be. However blood spatter analysis in addition to ME testimony seems to suggest it was the stab to the chest, followed by multiple stab wounds, slit throat and finally the gunshot.

I firmly believe JA chose the knife because it wouldn't be heard by anyone. The gun was purely her back-up and she felt forced to use it.

JMO

Here's the curriculum vitae of our good doctor, for those interested. And I'm not posting it just because it also has a picture of him. Really. No, really. ;)

http://path.upmc.edu/people/residents/horn/horn-cv.html

As an aside though I believe the ME's testimony is only part of the puzzle. Initially there was some confusion as to which wound came first. Even the lead detective assumed the GSW was first because logically it should be. However blood spatter analysis in addition to ME testimony seems to suggest it was the stab to the chest, followed by multiple stab wounds, slit throat and finally the gunshot.
Good grief that list hasn't been updated since 1999!!?
I'm thinking the dude knows his stuff, i.e., he has an impressive list of qualifications.

If the jurors are having reactions AT ALL similar to ours, the defense should be very worried.

I am nervous to see how the defense is going to spin all of this. They are going to brutalize poor Travis all over again, I fear. I believe that this will backfire horribly, but what other strategy have they been left with, thanks to Jodi?

I am just stunned by this calculating manipulative lying murderer. Stunned.
I really like you. That's all. :)

I have not heard about the bullet case, but I do know if the gun was a semi-automatic, the casing would fly out of the gun onto the floor. It could go quite a few feet in any direction depending on how she held the gun. When she finally dragged him back to the shower, blood could have easily got on the casing.
No blood on the casing but there was plenty underneath it. This is a good photo showing the casing:
slide_273021_1946573_free.jpg

I'm somewhat in agreement. I think she wanted to go "convince" him that she was the one, and if he disagreed, maybe go out Romeo and Juliet style. I don't think she intended to kill him while driving there, but was prepared for that scenario. I think she wanted to see how things went and was sure she'd be able to win him back. And obviously, things didn't go as expected.
To my mind even preparing for such a scenario is intending to kill someone. The only other case I remember such resolute premeditation was when the perpetrator dug a hole for the body prior to murdering the victim. JMO

No, she's not and never was legally insane
Not to even begin to mention the legal burden to prove insanity is incredibly high. Precious few defendants are successful with such a claim.

Ok I don't believe I'm saying this but it seems shooting first would be easy. Meaning less chance of TA defending himself and more chance of her gaining the upper hand. I'm just thinking TA could see knife and deflect it in time unless his eyes were closed. I'm not sure why but in her lie I think she may have told the truth, she shot him first stunning him and then went for the knife.
He was wet, naked, and with someone he trusted enough to have in his home. I don't see why the element of surprise couldn't have factored in here.

Jodi mentioned Travis used to shave the old fashioned way . . . another poster postulated earlier today that he might have used an old straight edge razor.... maybe she just meant he didn't use an electric razor. One thing for sure . . . I would hope he wouldn't use a straight razor when doing his manscaping (oh my!)

I don't remember seeing any razors on the sink area . . . .they might have been put away - anyone remember if there was a brush and shaving cream cup or anything of the like?

ETA - I guess a straight razor would not have left the puncture wounds though
Travis' Myspace profile picture shows him using a run of the mill razor (not straight).
p.jpg

I firmly believe JA chose the knife because it wouldn't be heard by anyone. The gun was purely her back-up and she felt forced to use it.

JMO
I agree and I believe the tassel and fibers collected back this theory. (Pillow as silencer.)

Dang it! I swore I would never get involved in another trial. I got sucked in to this one. I read on another forum last night, and I happen to agree.... There is most definitely a "Deadly Women" episode in Jodi's future.

I swear, I keep expecting the state to show pictures of a boiling bunny soon.

I happen to believe she used the knife first. Stabbed him a few times, he made it to the sink, she started stabbing him again. He tried to get down the hall. They were struggling. He couldn't run but he was trying to protect himself (maybe) and was crawling down the hallway. She probably ran in the bedroom and got the gun out of her purse then shot him. She might have shot him b/c she didn't think he was dying quick enough or was scared he wasn't dying at all b/c he was still moving.

Watching her interviews yesterday made me think of that quote: I have the right to remain silent, but not the ability.

It was painful to watch. I felt terrible for Travis' family. Heartbroken. I can't imagine the hell they are living right now and I know it's going to get worse as this goes on. I pray that the Good Lord gives them strength.

Travis' Myspace profile picture shows him using a run of the mill razor (not straight).
p.jpg

I agree and I believe the tassel and fibers collected back this theory. (Pillow as silencer.)

RSBM
I can't see the picture that well, but if the razor is silver (usually stainless steel)...it is a straight razor. My hubby uses them. It looks like a regular razor, but it's not. It's loaded with a straight blade.

My hubby has the one that looks like a switchblade, but he also has one that looks like a regular razor. You just get a straight blade and pop it in. Some men feel more comfortable using straight edges that way b/c it has a safety device on it. The razorblade type is pretty scary to use. LOL

Most men keep the soap/soap bowl/ and blades in something instead of out on the counter. There are nice devices you can buy to display them on your counters, though. My husband swears he wouldn't ever use disposable razors again.

Reminder for all new members we cannot sleuth peeps that aren't named victim or perpetrator (with a few case specific exceptions) BUT for those wondering who Dustin & Ashley Thompson are (cell records were court ordered according to Mesa PD) Ashley is a friend of Travis' on Myspace.

You can't sleuth her though. So take it FWIW. ;)

1. Can someone think of a temporary medical condition I can have to allow me a leave of absence from work M-Th afternoons for 3 months? I'm never going to catch up with this trial at night!

2. What's the Iphone app that has been discussed? I may try listening at work and hiding my ear phones so nobody can see!

Keep up the good discussions!

Has the autopsy report been released? I did some google searching but caught glimpses of the photos (which I don't want to see). Is the text of the report available?

RSBM
I can't see the picture that well, but if the razor is silver (usually stainless steel)...it is a straight razor. My hubby uses them. It looks like a regular razor, but it's not. It's loaded with a straight blade.

My hubby has the one that looks like a switchblade, but he also has one that looks like a regular razor. You just get a straight blade and pop it in. Some men feel more comfortable using straight edges that way b/c it has a safety device on it. The razorblade type is pretty scary to use. LOL

Most men keep the soap/soap bowl/ and blades in something instead of out on the counter. There are nice devices you can buy to display them on your counters, though. My husband swears he wouldn't ever use disposable razors again.

Never used one but this is what I consider a straight razor: :waitasec:
images

It's pretty easy to tell because you hold the blade differently. To me the Myspace pic looks to be a Schick, Gillette, etc. one would pick up at Walgreen's. That being said you could well be right.

1. Can someone think of a temporary medical condition I can have to allow me a leave of absence from work M-Th afternoons for 3 months? I'm never going to catch up with this trial at night!

2. What's the Iphone app that has been discussed? I may try listening at work and hiding my ear phones so nobody can see!

Keep up the good discussions!
1. A relatively new disease that's been discovered known as acaselikethisisaddictingitus. Known symptoms are a sudden resistance to cleaning, cooking, and feeding children; overindulgence in snacks; an extreme hesistancy to do anything productive and occasional snorting.

2. http://q.belo.com/shared/mobappdir/index.php?station=azfamily&wrapper=y

Has the autopsy report been released? I did some google searching but caught glimpses of the photos (which I don't want to see). Is the text of the report available?
The text of the report isn't available that I know of. If you'd like the bulk of the ME's testimony though without photos to worry about you can check out this blog. http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/jodi-arias-murder-trial-day-three/

Never used one but this is what I consider a straight razor: :waitasec:
images

It's pretty easy to tell because you hold the blade differently. To me the Myspace pic looks to be a Schick, Gillette, etc. one would pick up at Walgreen's. That being said you could well be right.

Yes, that's one and this is one. They both use straight razors.

zldq49.jpg

1. A relatively new disease that's been discovered known as acaselikethisisaddictingitus. Known symptoms are a sudden resistance to cleaning, cooking, and feeding children; overindulgence in snacks; an extreme hesistancy to do anything productive and occasional snorting.

The text of the report isn't available that I know of. If you'd like the bulk of the ME's testimony though without photos to worry about you can check out this blog. http://callsforjustice.wordpress.com/2013/01/08/jodi-arias-murder-trial-day-three/

Much appreciated, thank you.

my theory on events so far.

He posed seated in the shower as per JA's instructions. Closed his eyes.......BAM....she stabs him center chest. Stunned he heads to the sink area.....coughs up blood while looking at himself in the mirror in horror. At this time JA in stabbing him in his back, his stumbles down the hallway towards the bedroom using the walls to balance.....he drops......she straddles him and cuts his throat, drags him back to the bathroom and grabs the gun ( which I believe to have been located in her purse inside the bathroom) to finish him off since he might have been twitching still.

Anyway, I do not think she liked herself very much, IMO. I mean, to think TA was not replaceable and ruining her own life to take his was the only answer she could come up with........well.....dayum. All those desolate miles of road
did nothing to make her come to her senses. She came prepared for rejection. She must have really hated herself. IMO

Thanks for the link. I may try it, but there was another link (started with a U) that a lot of people are using. I've been searching the threads (I know I saw it last night) but can't find it. Supposed to be getting ready for work now! urgh.

Whew, I just finished reading each and every one of the post on these threads and it is now morning. I stay up late at night and read the threads and listen to the testimony when my internet has "free download" time during off peak hours.

The trial stuff is great but having all of the input from everyone here is the icing on the cake. I love reading all of the different insights.

AS for me, I think Jodi wanted to hold off using the gun and keep it as a last resort because it was stolen from her grandparents and it would be loud. So she stabbed him first but that didnt kill him. Maybe she figured she would stab him and he would die in her arms declaring his true love for her. But instead he was screaming and probably making horrible sounds as he tried to escape her so she slit his throat and even that didn't do it so she finally shot him.

Bottom line, she is wayyyy crazier than we ever imagined and we may never know the real truth of everything but she is guilty for sure, no doubt about that.

Thanks for the link. I may try it, but there was another link (started with a U) that a lot of people are using. I've been searching the threads (I know I saw it last night) but can't find it. Supposed to be getting ready for work now! urgh.
It's ustream...but I thought that was android. I dunno - I hate and refuse to go near cell phones!

Here's the link for the ustream app as well:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInR2LnVzdHJlYW0udXN0cmVhbSJd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes