Statement Analysis & Related Info

The police statements leave a lot to be desired:

I am still waiting to confirm who really picked up Haleigh from bus on Monday. I know RC claims it, but if he had to be at work by 4:00pm that would not work. The bus stop was located at Buffalo Bluff Road and Tyler st. That must be close to RR tracks. Coincidence is that is where the dogs stopped.

If we follow the dog tracks it leads to the water than Buchanan circle (Ron used to live there) and in a loop up to tyler past Chelsea's to the railroad tracks at Buffalo Bufff. I do not know whether the dogs can smell if the victim is in a car or not. I guess so if window is open. Did anyone confirm if Haleigh was in school that day? If so, when did she arrive home? Had to be close to after 3:30, due to the very long drive on the bus. School is about 7 Mi. from home....don't know how many stops bus makes.

Maybe TN has more information, and facts, and maybe all of the rumours are not true.

Double Wow, because this is a Mother In Law that has heard the rumors of Misty running around on her son, and RC admits to knowing about it according to Cobra. I would be mad just about that and warn my son not to marry her, let alone the fact she was the one person last seen with my missing granddaughter. I wouldn't be signing such high praises if Misty were dating my son and I heard he had to bring her back from a weekend of partying and running around. JMO

Maybe TN has more information, and facts, and maybe all of the rumours are not true.

I tried the post the link, Flossie in which Misty admits the 3 day excursion .. bender.. whatever word they use - with "Greg" just prior to Haleigh's disappearance, but the link wouldn't post. I could try to post an excerpt from the link instead of the link itself; Maybe that would work. :)

Also, on that one audio, we had Cobra relaying what he (allegedly) said to Ron and what Ron's responses were. I happen to find Cobra believable; but still, that's not proof that Ron said those things.. as in the part in which Cobra said.... that Ron said... that Ron was already aware of a liaison b/w Misty and that Greg dude.

The police statements leave a lot to be desired:

I am still waiting to confirm who really picked up Haleigh from bus on Monday. I know RC claims it, but if he had to be at work by 4:00pm that would not work. The bus stop was located at Buffalo Bluff Road and Tyler st. That must be close to RR tracks. Coincidence is that is where the dogs stopped.

If we follow the dog tracks it leads to the water than Buchanan circle (Ron used to live there) and in a loop up to tyler past Chelsea's to the railroad tracks at Buffalo Bufff. I do not know whether the dogs can smell if the victim is in a car or not. I guess so if window is open. Did anyone confirm if Haleigh was in school that day? If so, when did she arrive home? Had to be close to after 3:30, due to the very long drive on the bus. School is about 7 Mi. from home....don't know how many stops bus makes.

I've wondered those same things, Whisperer;

Does anyone here know about the details of the scent dogs? Like if someone were carried, can their scent still be followed?

Also, I was wondering how long scent lingers, ....as for scent of a live person vs decomposition scent.

I've wondered those same things, Whisperer;

Does anyone here know about the details of the scent dogs? Like if someone were carried, can their scent still be followed?

Also, I was wondering how long scent lingers, ....as for scent of a live person vs decomposition scent.

I don't know but am going to try and find out...If you remember three dogs hit on that dumpster.. I'm thinking she was placed in that dumpster, and at some point, then removed..

TN tooting Misty's horn and praising her to high heaven is just further proof IMHO that she knows her son is somehow responsible or involved in Haleigh's disappearance..
No way considering everything that has been speculated upon and revealed would they be covering for Misty unless it was to save Ron C's rear-end..
I think the same thing, Emeralgem;

It sounds like they're placating Misty. She may be set up as the fall-guy, scapegoat or whatever when Ron et al throw her under the bus to take the heat off Ron. That idea of pawning the blame off totally on Misty will only work tho if she hasn't already rolled on Ron first; so they have every reason, imo, to keep her happy.... and quiet and sticking to the script --as best she's able (which hasn't been that great so far.)

Not that I think Misty is beyond being the sole guilty party, but if she were soley responsible Ron's behaviors would have been vastly different imo. That tells me she is not the main and only one, and that she's likely an accomplice, or she knows, or watched, or she is the helper as far as the cover story, or maybe she participated, IDK.

All I know is that I think they are lying. period. I don't know why; but there are only a few reasons for them to lie in a case like this and none of them are good.

I think Teresa and Sykes are in cover-Ron's-tushy mode too. I think they know and are truly devastated that Haleigh is gone, but instead of pursuing justice for the innocent party, their grandaughter (great grandaughter) they're trying to cut their loses by getting Ron off the hook - which, BTW, seems to have been a pattern with the enabler, Teresa, imo. Also, in geting Ron off the hook, they likely see the chance of losing custody of Jr as decreased. IOW, Haleigh is gone, so cut your loses and save Ron by not losing him to prison (or worse.) And save Jr. by not losing him to Crystal.

Also, I have to wonder what that custody judge would have said if Ron had notified the judge that Ron had decided to renege on his agreement with the judge to have his mother and grandmother as care-givers for the kids in his absence, and instead it would be a then 16 yr old full-time live-in paramour.

I know that Ron did not know Misty at the time of the custody agreement, but he still should have upheld his part of the agreement that his mother and grandmother would be the care-givers regardless of his relationship with Misty; or he should have notified the judge that he was not keeping the agreement as stated, and let the judge decide from there. But the judge was not given that opportunity.

Also, if Ron had been honest, like Crystal was, about his past drug use instead of lying in court, that would have been the fair thing to do. So essentially Crystal was punished for telling the truth.

This thread is getting off the Topic of Statement Analysis and drifting off into discussion of theories, general case discussion and other.

I don't know but am going to try and find out...If you remember three dogs hit on that dumpster.. I'm thinking she was placed in that dumpster, and at some point, then removed..
That whole display with the dumpster was just odd to me.

First, a dog (and especially three dogs... was it three?) don't often miss a hit do they? IOW, some trace of decomposition of someone... whoever... must have been in that dumpster at some point.

Also, we didn't hear much about it at all after that day with all the coverage.

And for me, the coverage itself was weird. It seemed... IDK. I mean I cant believe LE had not already been thru that whole dumpster and THEN called the media which makes me almost wonder if LE wanted it televised - for some reason - that they were searching the dumpster.

B/c it seems to me that they would never have the media there if that were their first real search; I mean think of the horror, if they found a bag and a body part rolled out.... on national TV! OMG.. HORRIBLE. The intense horror for the family... and everyone.

And they were throwing those bags around sort of carelessly and stompling all around. It just didn't look to me like a "real" effort as in ... they had already searched it and were just going thru the motions for the TV... for whatever reason.... to perhaps get someone to react... or panic... or run... or whatever?

MOO

Dr. Paul Ekman has written many articles and some books on such topics as statement analysis and the various subjects related to that like deception detection, reaading micro-expressions, etc.

So if you sleuthy sleuthers are "into" reading micro-expressions and want to test your skills, there's a little fun test below. Click the link at the bottom of this message and scroll down to see an image that looks like a TV screen with buttons 1 thru 10 and a choice of several emotions. Click 1 and a face pops up.... etc)

This test is different b/c all the verbal clues and hints from the face and body that we normally rely on are stripped away.

You have to solely rely on the face to do this test -- and that adds to the challenge.

For me I need the words, the body, the whole package and it is harder to just focus in on one.

OK, I will brag and tell you that I got them all right; But to be honest if I did NOT have that push-the-number-to-freeze-the-flash-frame, I probably would have been screwed. . :D

IOW, you see the face by initally pressing the number 1. Then a FLASH of another expression appears; then it goes back to the orignal frame.

When you then press the "1" on your keyboard it FREEZES that flashed exression for you. If I didn't have the freeze option, there's likely no way I wouldn't have gotten 10 out of 10. Jus sayin.

Also, FWIW, numbers 4 and 8 had me staring and puzzled before I decided on my choice.

See how you can do... Good luck! :)
. :woohoo:

(excerpt)
ADVANCED COMMUNICATIONS
Facial Expressions Test

How good are you at interpreting facial expressions? Take our test and find out. * By Meridith Levinson

Here is a brief quiz to test your ability to correctly identify the emotion behind facial expressions. To take the quiz, click a numbered button below to view images of individuals.

These images will change briefly to display an expression.

After the expression has flashed click on the word that describes the expression you have identitied.

If you were wrong, click on another word button until you are told you are right.

Here's the important part, after the expression has flashed, you press the corresponding numeric key on your keyboard to HOLD the expression on the screen.

This interactive graphic is based on "The Micro Expression Training Tool" developed by Paul Ekman, PH.D., a professor of psychology at the University of California Medical School in San Francisco.

Link to Facial Micro-expression Test

http://www.cio.com/article/facial-expressions-test

FWIW, Artherella mentioned Dr. Paul Ekman earlier; He's a world-renowned face-reading expert. He's studied the human face for most of his career which is something like 30 years.

Link: Dr. Paul Ekman: Cutting Edge Behavioral Science for Real World Applications
http://www.paulekman.com/

Just wondering... what are your biggest clues that someone is lying?

For me it's the choosing of what seem like weird words...saying things in a peculiar way. Also, it's when emotions or facial expressions don't seem to match what's being said.

Anyone feel free to add to the list BTW. :)

* Weird word choices

* Facts or the story being inconsistent and changing

* Someone who looks too nervous for the situation at hand

* Body language (sometimes) looking around or down (depending on the person and situation)

* Someone who says, "Trust me..."

* Someone who says, "T0 be perfectly honest...." (not always)

* Facial expression or emotions that seem out of place or not matching the what's being said

* Changes from someone's usual demeanor or personality or typical characterisitcs

* Micro flashes of facial expressions

MOO :)

Ron Cummings Gets Tattoo On 2/28/09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMhfevtM9c

OUCH.. Ron in front fo the tattoo parlor:

RON: "Man, get outta my face.." 1:15 min

RON: "I can't be left alone; Nobody leaves me alone to do what I want to do; There's always a camera in my face." 1:24 min

Also, I have to wonder what that custody judge would have said if Ron had notified the judge that Ron had decided to renege on his agreement with the judge to have his mother and grandmother as care-givers for the kids in his absence, and instead it would be a then 16 yr old full-time live-in paramour.

I know that Ron did not know Misty at the time of the custody agreement, but he still should have upheld his part of the agreement that his mother and grandmother would be the care-givers regardless of his relationship with Misty; or he should have notified the judge that he was not keeping the agreement as stated, and let the judge decide from there. But the judge was not given that opportunity.
(respectfully snipped.... though your whole post is excellent)

Exactly!! The judge would have never gone for the 16/17 year old live-in arrangement.

RON: "I can't be left alone; Nobody leaves me alone to do what I want to do; There's always a camera in my face." 1:24 min

I take that to mean..... "I can't even have privacy enough to go get my buzz on."

MOO

For me it's the choosing of what seem like weird words...saying things in a peculiar way. Also, it's when emotions or facial expressions don't seem to match what's being said.

* Weird word choices

* Body language (sometimes) looking around or down (depending on the person and situation)

* Facial expression or emotions that seem out of place or not matching the what's being said

* Changes from someone's usual demeanor or personality or typical characterisitcs

* Eyes look up and away when about to answer
* Rubbing the eye as a distraction
* Laughing, it is usually nerves
* Fidgeting or leg bouncing
* A forced cough
* Ummmm, or pausing too long to think of the answer

O.M.G. This is a grieving father getting pissed off because "nobody leaves me alone to do; There's always a camera in my face."

Please, if we are going to do an analysis of just this one comment, it would not be one of positive nor in the benefit of a parent. Seriously, I do not expect any person not to try and have what life they can when their child is missing. But, this??? Soooo wrong. So wrong on every level. Wouldn't you WANT to be in the medias face for your missing child??? Grab every possible chance to do so??? It's about your 5 year old daughter!!!! I cannot even tell you what person I would be like if this were me. I would be in the medias face, dammit! Sure as heck would not be in front of a tattoo parlor.....

Ugh...

O.M.G. This is a grieving father getting pissed off because "nobody leaves me alone to do; There's always a camera in my face."

Please, if we are going to do an analysis of just this one comment, it would not be one of positive nor in the benefit of a parent. Seriously, I do not expect any person not to try and have what life they can when their child is missing. But, this??? Soooo wrong. So wrong on every level. Wouldn't you WANT to be in the medias face for your missing child??? Grab every possible chance to do so??? It's about your 5 year old daughter!!!! I cannot even tell you what person I would be like if this were me. I would be in the medias face, dammit! Sure as heck would not be in front of a tattoo parlor.....

Ugh...

Not to mention the info that his convo was not about finding Haleigh when inside but about the money he was making off her back.

(respectfully snipped.... though your whole post is excellent)

Exactly!! The judge would have never gone for the 16/17 year old live-in arrangement.

Nope, most Family Court judges frown on granting custody to men who commit illegal sexual contact with a minor which is felonious behavior.

* Weird word choices

Awesome list, kant! Thank you. Here are a few more things that can be tip offs:

* Stopping midsentence/midword to rephrase (the first choice is usually the more truthful)

* Use of phrases like "that's all I know" or " I have no idea"

* Use of spanning words which indicate a chunk of time is missing from the story ("later," "the next thing I remember,"etc.)

* Adding a lot of extra information that has no purpose other than to explain away evidence or to set up an alibi.

* Words and actions that don't match over time--actions always speak louder than words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back