What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baez' Perry Masons moments (I predict) ..when the entire courtroom says HUUUUUH??? Gasps..

The defense will concur that the cadaver dogs were correct in their backyard hits, as ICA laid her on the ground after she drowned in the pool, for CPR or something.

Decomp and smell in the trunk was in fact there, ICA panicked and put her in the trunk.

Casey Anthony's defense wants assistant state attorney to testifyBy Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 12:03 AM
ORLANDO --
The defense wants to call an assistant state attorney to testify in the Case against Casey.

Kenneth Lewis, a homicide prosecutor, is being added to the witness list for the defense.

Lewis is the prosecutor in the James Ward case, the Isleworth millionaire accused of killing his wife.

The defense said it has recently learned Lewis may have information concerning Anthony's right to due process.

more
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/new...nse-wants-assistant-state-attorney-to-testify

what is this motion to vacate...what are they up to???
http://www.cfnews13.com/static/articles/images/documents/motion-to-vacate-0322.pdf
Order to vacate, imo, because it no longer matters. ICA will admit to placing her there in the woods, UGLY COPING.

Yes, I find it hard to even get close to the idea that this young woman was so afraid of what her mother would say that it overrode her concern for her daughter's life and she did not call 911 or get her somehow to a hospital.

ICA was no paramedic or nurse - if there was an accident such as drowning - how in fact did ICA know for sure Caylee was in fact dead? People who have stopped breathing have been brought back to life so if this was an accident how and why did ICA make the decision first that Caylee was dead? Before duct taping her, bagging her and throwing her in a swamp like so much garbage? :banghead: What mother believes it when a doctor or paramedic tells them the child is dead? The response is no - so something else - you have to!

And ICA was so brazen in the rest of her personal life - I can't accept that a jury would buy the "confused fearful young mother" story at all.

If Caylee's death was a convenient accident, I don't believe ICA would have covered it up. It would have given her her walking papers. Her biggest problem would have been trying to appear distraught through the funeral, then she would have been free to live her life.

She had to know she was going to have to face the music at some point - I believe she put some thought into her ridiculous stories. All designed to take the blame away from her.

I think they may be able to tell the jury some scam about the chloroform level in the car (don't know what, but they can try). There is just no wiggle room around THREE pieces of duct tape found wrapped around her face, none! THREE pieces says she was not setting a scene! THREE pieces says MURDER!

Thank goodness she is not as smart as she seems to think she is, because she had 2.6 days to remove that tape and leave it anywhere away from Caylee's little body - she scuuuwed up big time when she committed this heinous act and she knew it!

Good luck with this JB!! (NOT!)

Well um er, while never admitting anything here you understand......:blushing: .......... I "understand" one's senses of smell and taste are heightened during "such episodes" so I can't imagine sticking your head in a trunk to clean up during decomp like that. :sick: Or any other time for that matter.

Yes I've "heard" that myself.:innocent:

Maybe CA was crying about the "state of mind" stuff because she knows they are going to villify her. THey are going to say ICA was Absolutely Petrified of her mother. Being a good mother is everything to CA.

Maybe CA was crying about the "state of mind" stuff because she knows they are going to villify her. THey are going to say ICA was Absolutely Petrified of her mother. Being a good mother is everything to CA.

Yes, I expect CA is quickly approaching her waterloo. The defense is going to have to admit ICA was involved in Caylee's death, even if it was accidently, and the disgusting way ICA disposed of her body was all because of CA.

Tick tock CA - time to belly up to the truth, don't you think? Because either way the coin toss lands you will not be able to carry on with your current version of "your truth".

Yes, I find it hard to even get close to the idea that this young woman was so afraid of what her mother would say that it overrode her concern for her daughter's life and she did not call 911 or get her somehow to a hospital.

ICA was no paramedic or nurse - if there was an accident such as drowning - how in fact did ICA know for sure Caylee was in fact dead? People who have stopped breathing have been brought back to life so if this was an accident how and why did ICA make the decision first that Caylee was dead? Before duct taping her, bagging her and throwing her in a swamp like so much garbage? :banghead: What mother believes it when a doctor or paramedic tells them the child is dead? The response is no - so something else - you have to!

And ICA was so brazen in the rest of her personal life - I can't accept that a jury would buy the "confused fearful young mother" story at all.

And how would they explain the fact that during this time that Caylee supposedly drowned KC was on the phone, on her computer, riding around in her car and ended up at Tony's. You have a standing date with you BF and instead of reporting that your child has died you decide, by-the-way, to go off with your new BF and rent movies about kidnapping, duct taping someone's mouth and a body in the trunk of the car. And what about the chloroform in the trunk.

And when KC states she was afraid of her mother, I believe that. But not in the tradition way you and I would be afraid. I think she was afraid her mother would call the police. jmo

Regarding D/T strategy, I don't know if this has been posted before and if it has I apologize. We use to have this sign hanging in the office where I used to work and it's so appropriate for their strategy; "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull*****" That's their strategy cut and dry JMHO:loser::twocents:

And how would they explain the fact that during this time that Caylee supposedly drowned KC was on the phone, on her computer, riding around in her car and ended up at Tony's. You have a standing date with you BF and instead of reporting that your child has died you decide, by-the-way, to go off with your new BF and rent movies about kidnapping, duct taping someone's mouth and a body in the trunk of the car. And what about the chloroform in the trunk.

And when KC states she was afraid of her mother, I believe that. But not in the tradition way you and I would be afraid. I think she was afraid her mother would call the police. jmo

FOR 31 DAYS......

not just a minute or 3 minutes or an hour or 3 hours...

ICA was hanging out with her BF, traipsing around target, spending other people's money.... FOR 31 DAYS... while HER child was DEAD/MISSING/GONE (whatever she claims)

MOO

Regarding D/T strategy, I don't know if this has been posted before and if it has I apologize. We use to have this sign hanging in the office where I used to work and it's so appropriate for their strategy; "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull*****" That's their strategy cut and dry JMHO:loser::twocents:

Maybe I should drop JB a line to say I know from experience that does not fly in real life situations....:innocent:

After they revealed their "state of mind" expert, my immediate thought was that the request to approach the bench was so that CINDY would not hear about it. When the request was denied, they had to dance around the subject: it's about a mental state, but not a mental DEFENSE or insanity or diminished capacity--wink wink judge figure out what's left over for yourself ok, because we don't want to say in front of Momma Cindy that the bus is coming for her...

After digesting the recent motion CM filed that states that HJP ruled on a motion without considering the facts so the Defense wants a do over,
their strategy seems to be to aggravate the Judge/court to the point where something bad happens regarding going ahead with the trial.

Didn't the Defense already manage to change Judges once? (rhetorical question)
How many times are they allowed to file the same motion? All they seem to do is cry versus working on a solid defense strategy imo.

Therefore, I conclude their strategy is to try to get all the evidence thrown out prior to the trial which is rediculous imo.
Looking in on the case from the standpoint of a beginner, I can't believe how lame their efforts seem. :waitasec:

After they revealed their "state of mind" expert, my immediate thought was that the request to approach the bench was so that CINDY would not hear about it. When the request was denied, they had to dance around the subject: it's about a mental state, but not a mental DEFENSE or insanity or diminished capacity--wink wink judge figure out what's left over for yourself ok, because we don't want to say in front of Momma Cindy that the bus is coming for her...

Agreed ... but AF is supposed to provide JA with her expert report today and there will be depositions ... so this will all soon become public record either way.

I think CA is taking a fall for ICA. Damage control. I also agree that from what we have seen, while there are obvious tensions between CA and ICA that ICA (the CEO) also obviously has the upper hand and tortures and toys with CA like a cat does with a mouse. If true, this is dangerous ground.

I think JB does like to keep things secret for silly reasons and try to ambush folks ... even if it is to delay or create some gossip on the wire. JB is more of a showman than any lawman.

After digesting the recent motion CM filed that states that HJP ruled on a motion without considering the facts so the Defense wants a do over,
their strategy seems to be to aggravate the Judge/court to the point where something bad happens regarding going ahead with the trial.

Didn't the Defense already manage to change Judges once? (rhetorical question)
How many times are they allowed to file the same motion? All they seem to do is cry versus working on a solid defense strategy imo.

Therefore, I conclude their strategy is to try to get all the evidence thrown out prior to the trial which is rediculous imo.
Looking in on the case from the standpoint of a beginner, I can't believe how lame their efforts seem. :waitasec:

I just reread the judge's order. CM's motion is weak, I think, at best. The judge is citing another case and says, when the defendant invites you into their home, did not say KC did specifically, and throughout he mentions a defendant, or they (meaning the family) invites you into their home. The judge never mentioned KC by name but in a general context. CM appears to be wrong there.

The second thing I read was about going to Universal. Judge said the interview took place in a conference room because that is where she led police officers claiming it to be her office. Then goes on to say she led them to the building on her own. The judge is not saying she claimed the conference room was her office (and clearly the judge knows this) but that she lead them there, down the hallway and claimed that this is where she worked and they took her into a conference room to talk to her. So it is a matter of how you care to interpret it but it seems pretty clear what the judge had written and what he meant. Only someone easily confused might not understand. But, really, with this complaint it is splitting hairs because the remainder of what the judge had to say is very clear and that had to do with caselaw.

For those two incidents CM is citing I'd be asking him if he has had a brain scan lately because these are a waste of time and nonsense. Grabbing at straws. It is just a public reminder of how badly off they really are and maybe, just maybe, they want to get a negative reaction from the judge. I think HHJP is above that. jmo

Agreed ... but AF is supposed to provide JA with her expert report today and there will be depositions ... so this will all soon become public record either way.

I think CA is taking a fall for ICA. Damage control. I also agree that from what we have seen, while there are obvious tensions between CA and ICA that ICA (the CEO) also obviously has the upper hand and tortures and toys with CA like a cat does with a mouse. If true, this is dangerous ground.

I think JB does like to keep things secret for silly reasons and try to ambush folks ... even if it is to delay or create some gossip on the wire. JB is more of a showman than any lawman.

On the daily news thread two notice of deposition's are listed. So these have to be the two new witnesses. jmo

ETA: Nope, I was wrong. Dang, again.

Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

Whatcha going to do now Mr. Mason and Mr. Baez... :great:

I just reread the judge's order. CM's motion is weak, I think, at best. The judge is citing another case and says, when the defendant invites you into their home, did not say KC did specifically, and throughout he mentions a defendant, or they (meaning the family) invites you into their home. The judge never mentioned KC by name but in a general context. CM appears to be wrong there.

The second thing I read was about going to Universal. Judge said the interview took place in a conference room because that is where she led police officers claiming it to be her office. Then goes on to say she led them to the building on her own. The judge is not saying she claimed the conference room was her office (and clearly the judge knows this) but that she lead them there, down the hallway and claimed that this is where she worked and they took her into a conference room to talk to her. So it is a matter of how you care to interpret it but it seems pretty clear what the judge had written and what he meant. Only someone easily confused might not understand. But, really, with this complaint it is splitting hairs because the remainder of what the judge had to say is very clear and that had to do with caselaw.

For those two incidents CM is citing I'd be asking him if he has had a brain scan lately because these are a waste of time and nonsense. Grabbing at straws. It is just a public reminder of how badly off they really are and maybe, just maybe, they want to get a negative reaction from the judge. I think HHJP is above that. jmo

You are right again Lambchop - motion denied.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the DT finally says that ICA accidentally let Caylee drown or whatever and CA had the idea to duct tape Caylee and gave ICA instructions to "put" Caylee in an area where she wouldn't be found quickly and claim it was a kidnapping. ICA went along with it because of the mental abuse CA and sexual abuse GA both placed upon her. ICAs version of "ugly coping" because she lived in abusive conditions.

Won't fly but they will try.

Breaking News - Defense motion for reconsideration - DENIED with no fancy explanations at all. Just HHJP's signature. One day Mr. Mason is all that took.

Whatcha going to do now Mr. Mason and Mr. Baez... :great:

Every time the defense's motions get denied, I have a moment of wishful thinking, hoping that ICA's attorneys will head over to the jail and convince her to give it up. I know that won't happen, but a girl can wish, right?

Other than that, based on yesterday's hearing, it appears that they have no real defense and that the only way they can hope to win anything is by trying to intimidate, trip-up and confuse the witnesses. I found it laughable that JB thought that for even one second that he could outwit Dr. Vass. Really? JB, that man could run laps around you all day long intellectually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong