State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have to speculate anything about the size 10 prints. The fact that JY's prints are there, along with all the other evidence proves to me he did it. The size 10 prints do not erase the size 12 prints. No evidence has been presented to explain the 10 prints so for the jury to think up a scenario surrounding those prints to exonerate JY is speculation.

Right, I think in the first trial the jury was instructed that they could still return a guilty verdict even if they concluded that there were two attackers, but that JY was one of them.

What DNA exactly?

It happens though. The Jenna Nielsen case(delivering newspapers and was stabbed at the gas station on Lake Wheeler Rd in Raleigh) comes to mind. I actually thought of that case when I heard about Michelle's murder - I think it's still unsolved.

Also there was DNA in this case, it just doesn't match JY.

For some reason the second part of that didn't show up, but I agree. Based on the evidence there is nothing to conclude that one person made both sets of the prints, so the jury would probably assume that there were two people.

Whether or not they conclude that JY was there or that the two sets create reasonable doubt remains to be seen.

Yes, it does........which is exactly what 8 of the last jurors must have had problems with.

The other prints need to be dealt with, even if it means the Pros asks
Jason to try the size 10 Franklins on.....or, :drum roll: maybe that is what the defense has in mind.
:wink:

Obviously he would have to get gas. Proving where is not critical, just like they know he bout 9 more gallons but could not get confirmation where.
We heard about the King gas stop for the first time in May 2011.
That evidence is not crucial for a conviction.,,,just gravy, imo

BBM

I must disagree.

The ME put her TOD as being between 12:00am - 6:00am.

That means that this murder could of occurred at any point during this time. LE and the PT came up with a theory then worked to gather evidence to support this theory of which many believe to be what has happened.

They find a witness whom has memory issues, has changed her story a number of times specifically the ability to describe JY as being the individual that came into the gas station.

In the hearing she could not even describe if he was bald etc.

Her testimony and the ability of LE/PT to back this up is critical.

I don't have to speculate anything about the size 10 prints. The fact that JY's prints are there, along with all the other evidence proves to me he did it. The size 10 prints do not erase the size 12 prints. No evidence has been presented to explain the 10 prints so for the jury to think up a scenario surrounding those prints to exonerate JY is speculation.

There is NO proof that the size 12 shoe belong to JY, if this was true he would have been convicted in the first trial. If the size 12 shoe could have been proved to belong to JY he would have been arrested long before he was.The size 12 shoe was NOT identified to belong to JY this time in trial #2. This along with the fact there is NO proof JY bought extra gas will in MOO bring a NG in this trial. We will just have to wait until this jury hears all the evidence and what verdict they will return.

The prosecution does not need to have every single piece to the puzzle (only the killer has that). They only need enough pieces for the jury to see what the puzzle shows. Hopefully, they can see that the puzzle pieces the prosecution have put together make it clear that it shows that JY is guilty.

2 random killers who did not leave prints anywhere in the house but the master bedroom...that's a really neat trick.

BBM

I must disagree.

The ME put her TOD as being between 12:00am - 6:00am.

That means that this murder could of occurred at any point during this time. LE and the PT came up with a theory then worked to gather evidence to support this theory of which many believe to be what has happened.

They find a witness whom has memory issues, has changed her story a number of times specifically the ability to describe JY as being the individual that came into the gas station.

In the hearing she could not even describe if he was bald etc.

Her testimony and the ability of LE/PT to back this up is critical.

Allusonz........:seeya:

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Nope, just in general speaking of people, including those at GOLO, some scary people out there.
I don't want to know them any better if just reading their posts is this frightening or an insight as to who they are.
Have a good trip.
I will post my Reasonable Doubt or NG list later.

:)

What is GOLO?

There is NO proof that the size 12 shoe belong to JY, if this was true he would have been convicted in the first trial. If the size 12 shoe could have been proved to belong to JY he would have been arrested long before he was.The size 12 shoe was NOT identified to belong to JY this time in trial #2. This along with the fact there is NO proof JY bought extra gas will in MOO bring a NG in this trial. We will just have to wait until this jury hears all the evidence and what verdict they will return.

JY owned a size 12 pair of HP Orbitals (verified by receipt). A bloody shoe print of size 12 pair of orbitals was found at the crime scene. There were only 195 size 12 orbitals sold worldwide. 1+1=2......

Another hung jury will work......:wink:

What is GOLO?

When WRAL prints their story of the trial each day, they have a comment section below.

It is called GOLO.

The posts there are wild, some of them anyway.

I think they would argue over anything.

:)

You are right. In fact what struck me about the photos of the shoe prints is that it appears there is little to no wear on them. There were also other shoes that had the same sole.

I must repeat again it is the wear pattern that matches the shoe to the person.

JY owned a size 12 pair of HP Orbitals (verified by receipt). A bloody shoe print of size 12 pair of orbitals was found at the crime scene. There were only 195 size 12 orbitals sold worldwide. 1+1=2......

Karen Morrow, the state's expert said without the shoes she could not make an exact match.

When the defense asked her if she was telling the Jury, the shoes were a match, she said NO.

The sheetrock expert said he could not tell how long the print had been there, it could have been there for years.

Maybe couger is thinking about all those Hush Puppie 'knock off's out there.

:floorlaugh:

Hi Cammy! I think a lot of people are just frustrated given the seriousness of the crime.

I believe at one time when I asked, you were kind enough to supply an alternative theory to JY being the perpetrator & your reasoning for such. Can you please re-post who, why & how you think this was done? Thanx!

bump. bump

I should have added IMO to my post. However there is proof that JY owned a pair of 12 Orbital shoes. There is the CB video showing JY wearing a pair of shoes that look very much like Orbitals the night of the murder. Those shoes are conveniently missing along with the dark pullover he wore that night. The bloody prints are consistent with 12 Orbital shoes. That is more than enough to convince me that the prints are JY's. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, common sense tells me it's a duck.

Not just that LOmom, any HP shoe is rare in the Raleigh area.
DSW carried the Orbital (195 pair) and 2-3 other small boutique shoe shops sold any other.

You are right. In fact what struck me about the photos of the shoe prints is that it appears there is little to no wear on them. There were also other shoes that had the same sole.

I must repeat again it is the wear pattern that matches the shoe to the person.

It is the wear pattern that matches a particular shoe print to a particular shoe. However, in order to make that 1-1 match, you need an actual shoe worn by a suspect to compare to the print. The HP oribitals that JY owned went missing, therefore, no way for the analyst to say that JY's shoe made that imprint.

There is no question that JY owned a shoe of the same type that left the print - there is a receipt to prove it. Luckily for him, he ditched those shoes before the police seized his belongings on the night of 11/3/06. Fortunately for the prosecution there were so few size 12 orbitals sold, that the probability that some random killer who was in Raleigh owned a pair just like the victim's husband is prohibitively low.

Hi Gil, I was just trying to be funny w/ your ws name. I should have added LOL. Obviously, you're not going to feel guilty on every case in ws.

just being silly. i agree w/ you about JY's behavior & all the coincidences

NP thumbtack, sometimes it is difficult to decipher humor via text, thx for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member